Battlefield 3

Everything about it looked so realistic. The lighting, the textures, the audio, the animations (especially the running). But one thing was off...The lack of blood. All I saw in terms of blood was the on screen damage indicators but that doesn't really count.

They are shown in that video above, but I'm unsure whether multiplayer will get them. Consoles almost certainly not.

From what I have read consoles are getting jets. The only thing lacking from the console version is the increased multiplayer count that is present on the PC (64 players).

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the upcoming games this year are focusing on single player again, good news :D

bad news. if i want to play a single player game i will look at the new oblivion or dragon age 2.

for MP. i expect BF3 to focus more on this like BF2. it is nice to have SP mode for people not interested in MP, so long as MP is not a after thought.
the longetivity of most SP games is short. only rpg games i look into SP mode. but games like COD and BC2 that have SP mode, only last 4-5 hours. pointless IMO.

anyways back on topic:

Did i hear the word "back blast" in the latest video? is this for real in bf3 i.e if you shoot a rocket launcher next to a team mate thats behind you, it can damage your team mate in the process? if so that is excellent news. one step into realism imo. this feature was great in arma 2.

That's a lot of damage caused by a single RPG, the first episode was better.

Great news if it's single player, looks fabulous, granted the graphics from that is probably a top-end PC, but PS3 graphics are still great i.e. LA Noire.

FD

I have no idea what to expect with the console versions. KZ3 and Crysis 2 look graphically amazing but this is another level entirely. I'm still hoping it'll be the best graphics on consoles though.

I'd prefer the game focused most of its energy on MP to be honest. I like a good SP campagn, but they don't last that long. Bad Company 2's SP lasted probably around 10 hours or so, whereas I've been enjoying the MP pretty much constantly for the last 12 months. I've had a LOT of value out of this game. With any luck BF3 will be even better.

I have no idea what to expect with the console versions. KZ3 and Crysis 2 look graphically amazing but this is another level entirely. I'm still hoping it'll be the best graphics on consoles though.

I'd prefer the game focused most of its energy on MP to be honest. I like a good SP campagn, but they don't last that long. Bad Company 2's SP lasted probably around 10 hours or so, whereas I've been enjoying the MP pretty much constantly for the last 12 months. I've had a LOT of value out of this game. With any luck BF3 will be even better.

Indeed. I quite liked the single player campaign, and always want to finish that first before delving into the multiplayer aspect. Bad Company 2 was actually the first MP game I've properly played, and 300 hours or so later I'm still thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm looking forward to LA Noire first, but cannot wait for BF3.

Back
Top Bottom