Modern Warfare 2

ia1n.jpg

back to the cod title

Posted by one of developers/publishers so...

Definately looks fake, but it's probably not final.
Just to show i't COD again.

Nice package, another expensive Q4.

Posted by one of developers/publishers so...

Definately looks fake, but it's probably not final.
Just to show i't COD again.
i guess its not fake unless the above you tube video is fake too. Still not sure i will get this game. i get bored quickly with these sorts of run and gun games nowadays.

im sure the SP mode will keep me entertained for a week or two but after that i will get bored of it. £40 for a 2 week game is not worth it imo.

I just said it looks like fake.
And I still think it's not final, even in the video above. It doesn't have Activision logo and any rating icon (even RP). I just hope CoD logo change a little, cause it doesn't fit the rest.

Prestige Edition look great. Working night vision gogles? Sweet.
Too bad it will be reaaly expensive.

I've noticed that a lot of retailers have the game priced at over £40, even ShopTo.

:THINK:

Activision has confirmed that the eagerly-awaited Modern Warfare 2 will carry a hefty RRP of £54.99 – and retailers have been warned that other publishers are likely to follow suit

MCV

The Prestige Edition is $150 in the US, imagine what the price will be over here.

Why is it so much more expensive, is there a specific reason or are they just pushing their luck because they know it will sell regardless?

The latter no doubt, the other two editions of the game haven't been priced yet.

£55? And the usual 7 hours SP right? Fuck that.

Exactly Placebo. £55 for a short, over hyped single player campaign and an unbelievably clichéd storyline.'OH LOOK A BUNCH OF MUSLIM PEOPLE HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPON AND ARE THREATENING TO DESTROY THE GREAT SATANIC WESTERN EMPIRE, I KNOW LETS SEND IN SOME COCKNEY SAS MEN AND MACHO AMERICAN MARINES TO KILL THOSE BROWN, BEARDED JUNGLE MEN BEFORE THINGS GET REALLY BAD.'

The game didn't really bring anything new to the FPS table. Granted multiplayer is good, but thats all there really is to it. After just playing COD4 after Killzone 2 again the graphical difference is quite staggering.

COD is all about the multiplayer guys

I doubt COD4 got game of the year because of Single player add to that the fact that me and many many others are still playing this online means £55 aint bad at all :)

Funny how Activision have just slagged off Sony for having their console priced highly and then in their next breath they're bumping the price up of arguably their biggest title of 09.

Don't forget DJ Hero and the Tony Hawk game, they'll have huge prices too.

Problem is now though is that other devs might decide to follow suit and mark up the prices of their holiday releases.

Activision are just being money grabbing cunts cause they know its going to be one of the highest selling games of the year so parents / people will buy it for that price no matter what.

If it launches at that price I ain't fucking buying it

If it launches at that price I ain't fucking buying it
Saved that in a text file called "read this on Modern Warfare 2 release day". ;)

I feel the same but I'm sure if a demo comes out and it's good fun, I'll relent.

I'm sure it'll be available at a more reasonable price, but like has been said this is just leaving it open for this to be the new standard RRP for games.

£55? And the usual 7 hours SP right? Fuck that.
jesus, are they having a laugh? 7 hours of sp is not worth more than £20. dont rate the MP aspect of the previous game either. runa nd gun MP games get boring really quickly

Last edited:
Its not worth £55 if it was just single player but it has multiplayer on it as well which justifies the price tag

Back
Top Bottom