GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Slightly better graphics?

hi mate

yeh i think the graphics are only slightly better from last gen i mean.compared to other next gen game graphics id say there are better looking games,i admit the weather and lighting effects are excellent but at times the graphics are just ok,some times the edges on objects are abit fuzzy and some of the wall and ground textures are bland to be honest.im not complaining really mate.

but as we all know graphics are not what make a game,its the gameplay.

the car physics are better,harder to handle the car.you cant just put your foot down and get round corners,ul have to brake allot more. also nikos physics are more real, it feels like he has more weight to the character when moving aroud and when walking and turning.youl understand what i mean when you play it.

youl get to decide for your self when you play it.

i dont wana spoil it for anyone but for me this is just a normal gta game really.the missions so far are bit too easy but im sure thel get harder as they come but so far the missions are similar to previous gta's.i wont reveal anymore as i dont wana spoil the game for any one cause end of the days its still a good game guys.

p.s
i hope my comments dont sound negative because i dont mean them as bad comments.to me there just niggles.

the only prob i have so far with the game is the problem with the volume like i mentioned before.its just so quiet even with every settings turned up.im sure youl all understand what i mean

hopefully rockstar put out a patch soon to address the volume prob but as i said its just a niggle,its just anoying to have to put the tv volume to nearly double to what id would normaly use.

We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed

Amazon :D Should have it for Tuesday :D

Maybe the xbox falls slightly behind in gfx here and there (not by much it would seem) but to be honest it makes up for it with a far superior online system (for now) - only one of my mates has a ps3, where as everyone else I know including the folks I play RSV2 occasionally with on here - have a 360 - kinda decides it for me. Cant wait til sony get this home thing up and running - should be a lot better.

Those of you who are getting GTA from Blockbuster, they have advertised that the game will cost £39.99. You will also got a £5 off voucher (for the next game you buy from them) and a free rental voucher.

We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed

Amazon :D Should have it for Tuesday :D

My thoughts exactly. :DD

Are all shops going to open at midnight tonight? tempted to nip down the Ocean Terminal for HMV at midnight tonight to get the game, just hope I make it back alive!

Dispatch email from Game.co.uk Saturday morning - free delivery.

No delivery today - reckon they have sent them all 2nd class to ensure nobody gets it today?

Wont be playing this till friday the earliest :( , just dont have the time this week.
fair enough, im sure the mods will understand hehe. life is more important than a game BUT if you dont have nout to do on tuesday night and is caught not playing gta4 you will be banned :LOL:

Quite pleased in a way that nobody (I have seen or read) has got it from an online retailer.

Thats the way it should have been - no stores selling it either.

The pirates playing it is bad enough, but when people have genuine copies early, its proper annoying...

Still ASDA @ Midnight :D

Quite pleased in a way that nobody (I have seen or read) has got it from an online retailer.

Thats the way it should have been - no stores selling it either.

The pirates playing it is bad enough, but when people have genuine copies early, its proper annoying...

Still ASDA @ Midnight :D

Think I might have a little drive to the Old Kent Road ASDA - Seems like thats the only 24hr one I can find.

The traffic should be dead though so I reckon it will take me altogether just under an hour, there and back across London. Be a nice drive over Tower Bridge aswell :DD

Think I might have a little drive to the Old Kent Road ASDA - Seems like thats the only 24hr one I can find.

The traffic should be dead though so I reckon it will take me altogether just under an hour, there and back across London. Be a nice drive over Tower Bridge aswell :DD

Ouch! Mine is 5 mins away... you sure you aint got one closer (or a Tesco?)

Anyone up for joining up just after midnight for some multiplayer action? :D

Ouch! Mine is 5 mins away... you sure you aint got one closer (or a Tesco?)

I will check Tesco - Didn't know they did a 24 hour :DD

I have a couple of ASDA's not far away near totenham and Walthamstow, like a 10min drive. Which I was sure were 24hr but just looked on the web site and they aren't!!

So gutted that it didn't come, so so gutted. I lay in bed thinking, I'm not getting up until it comes. I'm going to get the missus to beat me unconcious so that I don't have to wait any longer.

EDIT: And my tracking code still doesn't work.

Just kill me.

Last edited:
Postman not been yet ordered from Gameplay im not expecting it tbh considering its 2nd class.

But looking on few forums i have only seen one person receive it in post today and thats from Gamestation. :?

I have my preorder with 365games, just noticed this on their website, do you reckon I have anything to worry about here?

"This version will work online but we cannot guarantee it will connect to UK servers"

I Ssent them an e-mail regarding this, and they said they're selling the US version, hence not being able to guarantee the server thingie.

I Ssent them an e-mail regarding this, and they said they're selling the US version, hence not being able to guarantee the server thingie.

Be careful with this as I doubt DLC will work either (i.e. you will have to buy the US version)...

Unconfirmed, but thats what I would imagine would happen. Same problem as people who have the US version of COD4 on the PS3 - they brought the UK Maps on Friday and they dont work ... *ouch*

I still aint had a dispatch email

if its not here tomorrow ill just go and get it from town and cancel my online order

Be careful with this as I doubt DLC will work either (i.e. you will have to buy the US version)...

Unconfirmed, but thats what I would imagine would happen. Same problem as people who have the US version of COD4 on the PS3 - they brought the UK Maps on Friday and they dont work ... *ouch*

Not worried too much about the DLC (which is still unconfirmed for PS3), just whether I will be able to play online, against my British PSN friends.

Not worried too much about the DLC (which is still unconfirmed for PS3), just whether I will be able to play online, against my British PSN friends.
Knowing Sony probably not.... you cant play against your British friends until we do Firmware version 2.65123 whatever the fuck comes next and you cant see your friends list to invite them...:tumble:

Knowing Sony probably not.... you cant play against your British friends until we do Firmware version 2.65123 whatever the fuck comes next and you cant see your friends list to invite them...:tumble:

You have a real hatred of PS3 dont you!

No game I've got is region locked - I can play against Americans in COD4 and against Brits with my US version of Rockband.

You should be alright Kenny...

WE'RE ALL GOING TO ASDA, WE'RE ALL GOING TO ASDA, LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA!

Back
Top Bottom