Football Manager 2008

Re: Football Manager 2008 Demo

I'll have mine in about half an hour. Interested to see what it's like but hate the interface from the screenshots.

Interface is actually pretty good. I love what they did with the player pics too. So if you sign a player it won't look like their wearing the old team's kit etc

picture1eq8.png

Was just having a browse of the demo will give it a proper go tomorrow.

Mine wont install either Placebo

I get something like cannot open GUI

XP 64 SP2 here and it don't work, not even with updated java, I've had such a disillusioning gaming week :(

At least Skate is fun but even that is annoying with the camera :(

I love the Demo! I will be locked in, in my room when I get the full-version.:applause:

Oh my God, this is the first ever CM/FM I've ever played that I'm really not that keen on. :( You know how people say "you always hate PES at first but then you love it" and all that crap? Well that's never happened to me with FM, I've always been madly in love with each CM/FM from the start. But this one is not growing on me at all...

The interface is okay, I like the new features (a lot more interaction with your staff, that's great), and all the off-the-pitch stuff seems groovy. But the match engine... I really don't like it. The ball looks like it's going miles over the bar, but it goes in (like the goalposts are 20ft high or something). So I don't know whether it's going miles over or whether it's on target any more. And it seems like nearly all the shots, from great strikers, go miles and miles wide. The way the ball moves... I really don't like it. :(

So I can't stand the PES2008 demo, I'm not keen on this demo... FIFA 08 better last me!!

How about Fifa Manager 08 Jack Suff given it a pretty good review was saying on Podcast a while back when played it a Leipzig played it for good hour and something i think.

For me i like Football Manager games there certainly not bad this new one got some neat touches but i find Fifa Manager games much better and more immersive. :)

Football Manager will always be the only manager game I consider, nothing else comes close. I played FIFA Manager 07 for less than a week, same with LMA Manager 07, even though I was desperate for something different. They're just not on the same level IMO, the match engines aren't at all realistic and they give you a totally unrealistic level of control. Football Manager gets everything spot-on; I just really don't like this match engine, it looks a bit strange (I've seen the ball hit the floor and stop dead)... It's not like SI at all.

I'm hoping I get used to it, my biggest annoyance is when the ball appears to be entering into orbit and yet it goes into the net... I really do hope I'll adapt to it.

Oh my God, this is the first ever CM/FM I've ever played that I'm really not that keen on. :( You know how people say "you always hate PES at first but then you love it" and all that crap? Well that's never happened to me with FM, I've always been madly in love with each CM/FM from the start. But this one is not growing on me at all...

The interface is okay, I like the new features (a lot more interaction with your staff, that's great), and all the off-the-pitch stuff seems groovy. But the match engine... I really don't like it. The ball looks like it's going miles over the bar, but it goes in (like the goalposts are 20ft high or something). So I don't know whether it's going miles over or whether it's on target any more. And it seems like nearly all the shots, from great strikers, go miles and miles wide. The way the ball moves... I really don't like it. :(

So I can't stand the PES2008 demo, I'm not keen on this demo... FIFA 08 better last me!!

Dude, how is the matchengine bad when it's probably the best ever in FM history?

Also, it's just the demo, I think they will fix some bugs and stuff, also there will be patches as always.

Last edited:

Nor me

Placebo, what i used to have to do was create a new user in windows, logon to that and install FM from there

thats the only way i could install 07 demo and full game, its nearly worked again for 08 but it came up with another error then i couldn't be arsed with it

Tried it for ten minutes, didn't see many improvements but the ones I did see were nice. I'll give it a go and grab it when it's released, but these last few years I've grown restless with the amount of time needed to play FM and haven't got the concentration to play for long. Setting up tactics is ridiculous.

Downloading now!

Nor me

Placebo, what i used to have to do was create a new user in windows, logon to that and install FM from there

thats the only way i could install 07 demo and full game, its nearly worked again for 08 but it came up with another error then i couldn't be arsed with it

We have a tablet PC with XP 32, I'll try installing on that, then copying the reg entries and install folder over to my 64 bit desktop, ironic thing is I don't even want to play it, I want to see the data to help me with my application to EA's database team!

Installed, I'll play in the morning.

Isn't it time to change that signature Tobi? It makes you look like such a twat and I'm sure that's really not the case :)

I been using it for years and I wont be changing it any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom