GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

If Rockstar Games will relase GTA IV in October, so why Rockstar Games will produce same style game (LA Noire) in same date? I'm sure that GTA and LA Noire will be the best in their category. GTA will destroy Saints Row, LA Noire will destroy Godfather.

:)

You think they are planning to make "real" cities, or fake like GTA III. Like Getaway tries to have the exact same streets. I wonder... might be pricey to get the copyright/permission for the shops, buildings etc.

I'd like to see real European or American cities like Gateaway. But, I think Gateaway's map was small. I'd like to see huge map with full detail of city. Like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Miami or Paris, Rome, Berlin, Moscow or others expect London.

I would expect them to make the same kind of psuedo cities, have the main recognisable features from real cities and make the rest up to have a similar atmosphere. After all how good are real cities set up to do gta stunts and stuff like that. I think they need enough artistic license with regard to city structure to make the game as good as possible.

if you use a real city you run even more risk of saying, 'these kids were recreating this from this game', video games are the bane of our culture etc. (e.g. parachuting off big ben with a machine gun etc etc!)

I'd like to see real European or American cities like Gateaway. But, I think Gateaway's map was small. I'd like to see huge map with full detail of city. Like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Miami or Paris, Rome, Berlin, Moscow or others expect London.

Getaways map was a joke, you didnt even get a map when u pause it if i recall correctly

RUMOUR: Grand Theft Auto VI set in New York?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159852

We'll find out soon.
I remember a big rumour speak about New York during 90s
and i see the GTAIV logo with "Land of the free" with american flag in the font. So i can confirm

gtalogoks9.jpg

Last edited:

So much hype for just a trailer! It shows how madly popular GTA is. It will sell like hotcakes.

This series needs to not hold back. i think this series needs to go very risky now and that includes in what you can do bad in the game

I read this at ps3.net and is rumored that Grand Theft Auto IV will take place in New York. According to the insider who is involved with the soundtrack of the game, they are going for a NYC vibe.

Grand Theft Auto is an american term for the type of crime you get with charged with, in the UK it would probably have been known as JoyRider or Stolen Car Crim......... I dont worry about it being set in Amercica really, its where the series started. You had the London 60's add on pack for the original.

Yes I think Liberty City was a sorta Spoof NYC. I loved the 1969 London Pack for GTA.... :) GRAAAANNNNNDDD THEEFFFT AUUUTTOOOOOOOOO (In a Cockney Accent as the game started!)

Dj

If its multi-cities that could pose the 360 a problem possibly... With the 8GB of disc space available on the DVD9 there might not be enough for that. The PS3 will cope with it comfortably with the Blu-Ray.

Dj

Yeah, but that was single-definition. I would presume three high-definition cities would take three times as much disc space.

It would be huge! the texture data files would be massive!

Dj

Unless its all of NYC not just Manhattan. Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx etc. That would be great.

It would be fab, I hope they can somehow produce a game with real life places/landmarks.

Dj

Then again they might be purpously throwing us off. It might not be NYC at all and they will surprise us with a GTA europe or something.

Let's live in hope, that out gangster first does NYC then flees to Engerland (with help of Abromavich) after Mafia come after him in NYC... then Mourinho doesn't like our gangster so he moves to Moscow....

Back
Top Bottom