Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero (stunning!)

Go for it, it's ten times better than any 360 game (and this is coming from someone who loves the 360).

Jack Bauer said:
Go for it, it's ten times better than any 360 game (and this is coming from someone who loves the 360).

Your right there am bored of my 360

jay666 said:
I dunno what to do this is on an ebay shop for £40 and i really want it.

If you were serious about your doctor's caveat, and are going to heed his advice, be aware that this game loses nearly all of its fun without the guitar controller.

I think about getting this when it's out, but does it makes sense if you can already play guitar for real, or does it feel a bit stupid then?

I can't comment, I don't play.

What I have noticed from other forums though is that proper guitar players seem to be getting to the harder levels faster, because they're used to moving their fingers about the frets, and have the dexterity and hand strength to finger (steady now!)properly.

There's quite a few people who play with a real plectrum/pick too.

So I get the impression there are proper guitar players having fun with the game and that guitar, that's enough for me as I haven't played for years anyway. ;)

Still five weeks until release here, enough time to decide or forget.

Ike said:
I think about getting this when it's out, but does it makes sense if you can already play guitar for real, or does it feel a bit stupid then?
Most of my friends who play guitar or bass gave mixed reviews. All of them were synonomous in saying that the experience is completely different form playing in reality, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. However, after a while, they just felt underwhelmed because they would rather be playing those songs, or others that they have written, in reality etc. I can understand where they're coming from.

You can buy it seperately here too, £29.99.

I'm not happy A big dirty toothache and my local dentist just stole my game money. Might look into buying the guitar on its own though.

Just done all the songs on medium lol bark at the moon was a killer, cant imagine doing the hard and expert modes.

P.S Wats the tilt sensor for on the SG Guitar??

Activating Star Power. You have to whip the guitar up vertically to activate it.

LOL ive been pressing Select on the guitar, Making it harder for myself haha

wow played it today for the first time, i play in a band myself, really fast metal music, so i didnt think that i would like it much, but holy shit its amazing, the songs are great, love playing along to pantera and bowie, gonna have to dig out my ps2 and buy it me thinks

STR said:
If you were serious about your doctor's caveat, and are going to heed his advice, be aware that this game loses nearly all of its fun without the guitar controller.
I disagree. Great game on a dualshock too.

Jack Bauer said:
:) Mine arrived at 1pm, absolutely stunning game. And yeah, I've already had the complaints about the volume. Can't help singing to it as well, and all those things you do with the air guitar (kneeling on the floor, throwing yourself across the room) you can now do WITH A REAL ONE (well, kind of).
I can imagine you going crazy a la Jack Black (a name change may be in order ;) ).

Guitar Hero 2 announced
Bring about hair bands!

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero
Riding a wave of successful sales and vibrating A-strings, Harmonix and Red Octane have announced a new sequel for Guitar Hero.

The new game will feature a seemingly large amount of songs -- 55 to be precise -- but the individual names remain secret at the moment. However, each and every one can be performed co-operatively with a mate.

The first screenshots and lists of songs will be revealed at E3 next month.

Yeah, they announced this last week.

Each song will be co-op compatible instead of vs, so you'll be able to have one player on lead and one of bass/rhythm at the same time. Plus the ability to loop sections of certain songs to practise them. There's even talk of getting some of the real bands in to record the master tracks for it.

Zygalski said:
I can imagine you going crazy a la Jack Black (a name change may be in order ;) ).
NO!! This is just a TRIII-BUUUTEEE. 8)

The talk of original bands going into the studio to record their songs is fantastic, I really hope that happens.

Still playing it now, but had to cut down on games-playing time due to personal commitments. Almost finished the second difficulty setting, and from having a quick go at the next difficulty level, don't think I'll be getting much further (without using the DualShock at least)!!

BumperMan said:
This game is the biggest pile of shit i have ever played.

...says a guy who reckons Fifa WC is the dogs bollox.

Just proves your taste in games is very different to a lot of us.

I'm thinking someone is hacking the B-mans account, he has said that in many threads Adonis, I wouldnt take any notice of it.

This game owns.
I hope the new disc has more metal-type stuff on it.
The new multiplayer sounds awesome where you can play lead, rhythm or bass in a co-op mode. How much fun is that going to be?

I got it with the guitar controller, best 90€ I've spent in a while! Of course it's not like playing for real, but hell, who cares when it's so much fun!

I like almost all of the tracks, that an the guitar controller put it way above Frequency and Amplitude who both were great and addictive games already. I hope I can convince a friend to buy a guitar controller as well, that would seriously rock.

rockykabir said:
Brought out by Activision....360 version possibly in the works then ;)

Prays for wireless guitar action!!!! :shock:

Shit!! Sum 41, QOTSA, Franz Ferdinand etc... looks promessing! :mryellow:

They should add some Punk and Nu-Metal... :)

Back
Top Bottom