Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
PlayStation 3 - Official Thread

0587.jpg

Thanks to sfc-tsubasa from WEarePES

Last edited:
Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread

i want!come on sony give us specs, pics, whatever :)

PS3 in 2005?

In a surprising twist on the next generation hardware race, a Sony representative has stated that a year 2005 release for the next generation PlayStation is a possibility. Responding to questions from Jiji news service, Sony Chief Financial Officer Takao Yuhara states, "For the year end sales season, simultaneously building up both the PlayStation Portable system in America and Europe as well as the next generation PlayStation is one option that we have."

Most industry speculation calls for a next generation PlayStation release in 2006. Sony's third party developers have backed this assumption up with a strong list of PlayStation 2 titles planned for the rest of the year and early next.

The state of the next generation PlayStation software shown at next week's E3 show should reveal if a 2005 release is a possibility for the new system, or if Yuhara's comments were designed to take some steam out of Microsoft's Xbox 360 unveiling.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/612/612985p1.html

Sony couldn't even launch the fecking PSP properly because of manufacturing problems, there is no way they can ramp up production for a 2005 release of the PS3. Maybe they can get it out in Asia, but not a worldwide release like the 360.

more details will be revealed tomorrow on an official press conference...

those ads look very cool. surely caught my eyes. i wonder what color the PS3 would be?

I'm sure its gonna be much cooler than the X-Box 360.

i would love it if Sony would release more than one color in other countries beside Japan. Japan got so many colors to choose from with the PS2 yet other countries have only about 2 or 3 and the PS2 was priced higher.

i would like a lime green PS3. :)

I'd like a see through PS3... So I know where to stick the mod chip with less effort :lol:

Nice ads.
Anyone know the date of the next Tokyo Game Show?
That should be the place for the official presentation me thinks!

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (MGS 4 Trailer Tonight !?)

I dind't notice that those ads were near the place where 3e is going to be held!
So I'm confident sony will show something tonight!

uu... can't wait to see some vids of MGS4.

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (MGS 4 Trailer Tonight and WE10 & GT5 !?)

That would be a first, Konami actually showing Winning Eleven at E3!!

ReActor said:
That would be a first, Konami actually showing Winning Eleven at E3!!

I think it's just a technical demo

Whatever Sony got prepared, it better have four shoulder triggers and a d-pad!
And is it just me, or is that a billboard with a huge picture of a naked ass?

First official news from Sony Conference :

official name : PlaySation 3
out : 2006
possible to play with PS2 games

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, digital audio and video. Sony Computer Entertainment head Ken Kutaragi introduced it as a "Super computer for computer entertainment."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html

Last edited:

wow, the processor and chip sounds really interesting. Using nVidia technologies is a very good choice since they are one of the leading graphic card brand now.

Official Design of PS3

39ry.jpg

ps3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Official Design)

LMAO ITS THE SPIDERMAN FONT. Sony made Spiderman too.

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Official Design)

Noted said:
LMAO ITS THE SPIDERMAN FONT. Sony made Spiderman too.

First thing I noticed too :shock: thought it was a Fake until its been confirmed everywhere !!!

Again they have gone with a very un-symmetrical design ?

Back
Top Bottom