PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

The series are still very profitable. Units sold for an annual title aren't that bad.
Less sales means less investment, they wouldn' stop making it. At least for now . the profit margen must be good aswell because they spend near 0 to marketing compared to fifa. The forbes article has some links wich re a nice read.

Konami skipped the chance to invest and expand pes long ago. Sales were fine and they didnt see a need for that. Call it confidence/laziness.

So less sales can be a wake up call, or a total f*** up. Either way the will continue somehow the next 3-4 years definetly. If sales drop on same levels I see problems coming.

Last edited:
Here is assasins creed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pWWppYyjpY

look at the graphics compared to pes 2015, you see my point about pes 2015 on the ps4 is still essentially a ps3 game with a bit of gloss, it is not worthy of a ps4 console.

Another said regarding call of duty, Advanced Warfare, again the graphics on that shit badly on pes.

I can say similar things for FIFA, i have the demo and the graphics do not look good at all, dry, dull crowd lighting, terrible crowd textures cartoon players, dodgy pitch. Very poor overall.

Football gamers get short changed when it comes to the standard of graphics. Konami especially need to work more on presentation next year than ever. EA need to release real time graphics like they did in their ignite engine promo or it's simply not good enough.

A ps4 game should be 4x times the power and technology than the ps3!

Comparing sports games to AC or CoD is simply not fair. Those type of games offer you a very narrow FOV and that's why they can have such a gap in terms of graphics. They can render with more detail, since they aren't rendering all that much.
This has been the same since always and will be in future consoles aswell.

PES sales have been taking yearly nosedives but I find it hard to do worse than last year.

To say the game is profitable without knowing how much money is spent on it, is careless. From what Ive been told PES team is currently bigger than ever and selling less copies. But I think they will make enough money for another game.

Still, after the next gen craze passes by... Don't know if they will survive with sub par products.

Comparing sports games to AC or CoD is simply not fair. Those type of games offer you a very narrow FOV and that's why they can have such a gap in terms of graphics. They can render with more detail, since they aren't rendering all that much.

Yep, narrow FOV, low polygon counts for NPC, lifeless, scripted, linear NPC's AI means less compute power needed, so that they can focus on creating much detailed graphics.

look at the graphics compared to pes 2015, you see my point about pes 2015 on the ps4 is still essentially a ps3 game with a bit of gloss, it is not worthy of a ps4 console.

Totally agree. I cannot fathom how a game on ps4 can look so bad at times in terms of how powerful the ps4 is.

Wish I'd kept my 360 - would look the same but I'd have a great option file via Daymos.

Also I never thought lack of stadiums would annoy me but it does especially after I went to old Trafford in the master league. Konami have nailed that and it makes the experience of beating utd at home (as I did) even better.

This game although plays nice just feels so dated.

Good Lord, how is breaking this game ... to have some fun , when playing with friends, We impose a bunch of restrictions that are OP:

NOT SHOT too much , because it is OP !
DO NOT RUN with the ball , because it is OP !
DO NOT USE FEINTS too much because they are OP !
DO NOT THROUGH BALL PASS , because it is OP !

AHH MMMMM :) Do you feel the freedom ? Do you smell it? Or is it the smell of ... shit!

THANK YOU KONAMI !!! THE BEST GAME EVER !!!

Last edited:
How come running and feints are OP ??

If you running with player, with bit more body balance, he do not need to be fast ,if running between opponent the players, not directly in them, actually nobody and nothing can stop you. If I have time I will make a video to show you what I mean . And yeah , some feints are.. really OP, how i was posting before a days, Rainbow is.. .ridicules useful by ANYONE, nobody can fail to do Rainbow flick.
YouTube - Clip PES2015 2014 11 17 22 18 58 672 Segment100 01 32 804 00 02 38 554

Last edited:
Wow, i never expected sales figures to be this bad. VGChartz might not be the most reliable source but even if totals are off by 20% Konami is in serious trouble. I sure hope the holidays will give PES/WE some sales love. Fifa 15 has momentarily sold 10.5 million copies already (can u believe that?) where PES2015 still has a long way to go to go, from 0.5 million copies to 1.7 in order to at least touch the same figures as PES2014, which in turn was a downfall from PES2013's 2.5 million copies.

I can imagine now Adam likes to refer to the 'good ol' days' of PES6 and co, when the game had cemented its reputation of the king of football games and was bought more then 6.5 million times. Are those same people paying attention this Christmas season or have they become vegetative FUT addicts? Perhaps their hardcore gaming days have been traded in by everyday work and stress and they have now become obedient casual consumers who are, in silent protest, pleasing their FUT addicted children, who have always been an easy target for Fifa's glitter and glamour. Despite all the positive reviews both father and child seem unaware of PES' comeback to the pitch, at least up till now.

It's not very surprising. Konami have done their utmost to discourage casuals(I refer to casuals as gamers without extensive PES experience) from acquiring this product.
The pre-release marketing was shambolic. The trailer fiasco was but the least of their problems. Konami had the strategy of releasing the PES demo shortly before FIFA's release in order to get a foot in before people are off playing FIFA 15. They failed miserably at doing so in Europe(at least on PSN which is a big issue considering historically and currently Playstation users being a much bigger market than Xbox users for Konami). By the time the demo was available to the casuals they were already off playing FIFA.
Now, with the season starting in September September/October releases are the norm. Releasing a football game in the middle of november nearly 2 months after the dominant product has been released was never going to be benefitial saleswise. What I wonder about is what Konami have been doing in the months between the demo build and the final release. Much of the game's content seems absolutely incomplete and they can hardly argue that they have had to put in an extra shift for essentially only creating one new game mode while leaving all the others pretty much as they already were. PES 2015 on PS4 is essentially a PS3 game with some gloss on it being sold as a PS4 game. The lack of a proper editing mode and licences in general does greatly discourage casuals from acquiring this game. Consider this: The german videogames market is Europe's largest. Without option files or the possibility to alter emblems etc. ingame it is essentially impossible to properly recreate the Bundesliga unless you're willing to spend upwards of 20 hours solely for editing the Bundesliga and even then not have it a realistic as you would have it on PS3. The same applies to Britain. The fact that the EPL is now also pretty much 'the league it's all about' has a further negative impact on sales in general too.
While I do know that Konami are not to blame for Sony's laziness when it comes to filesharing, the sheer apathy shown by Konami regarding this issue shows their lack of strategy, reactivity and touch. A good editing mode is essential for a game that has to do without licences in 2014. The also rather lazily done WWE 2K15 found a way to share images and implement them on PS4, how come Konami didn't? Apathy.

As usual Konami have and especially Adam Bhatti have come out with the usual claims of having focussed solely on gameplay this year and 'everything else will be better next year'. If that sounds familiar, just go back by a year and another year and another year and so forth. While the gameplay does indeed show potential it is downright ludicrous to claim that this has been everything they have been working on since 2012(keep in mind that Konami didn't release PES2013 on PS4 because they wanted to 'create a true PES experience on next-gen'). Such excuses and small thinking show the lack of interest and possibly also investment into the series on Konami's part. Furthermore the gameplay is far from perfect and has many issues of varied magnitude that need to be addressed. So graphics, online mode, additional content(stadium etc.), existing/missing game modes and editability aren't the only issues even though they already seem like an insurmountable obstacle to the PES team.

We are talking about Konami(3.24 billion USD revenue in 2012), not a bunch of Indy dev's working on something new and promising. This means that they do have resources but rather focus on non-gaming or non-pes related ventures which is sound from a business perspective.
Consider a BCG portfolio: PES has essentially gone from star to being a question mark at best, their current decrease in market share would suggest that they're headed towards being a poor dog(if they aren't one already). For questions marks you have essentially two options: Invest if you believe in the product or deinvest to let it die. For poor dogs the standard strategy is to invest as little as possible and see what you can still take. Normally it would be best to sell them off, but in Konami's case their still reaping what they can.

In Konami's case it seems that they are unwilling to make the necessary investments or get a proper team of developers that actually manages to release a complete game.
The next few iterations may actually decide the fate of the brand. A foundation is there, but Konami need to make massive changes next year to appeal to a broader audience and attract casuals and obviously not dumping the large markets Germany/Britain. The lack of dedicated, working servers to enable a stable onlince experience is but one of the aspects that show the ineptitude and unwillingness on their side to truly make the necessary investments.

I didn't proof-read this so forgive the typos and what-not's-

has anybody played any online modes other than myclub? gonna take a look at online divisions this afternoon i reckon

Lovin master league. Very sweet indeed. It reminds of pes 2010 master league in the way in that you can whiz through a season very quickly and I love the fact I create a real a fantasy football team, because it is relatively easy to sign players, if u have the cash that is.
Also, finding the game much harder and very deep indeed. Originally I found the game easy; thus opting for manual passing range. I think this was because I was playing with the likes of Bayern etc teams; now I seem to struggle alot mainly due to the fact that the teams I play with are middle of the range, which forces me to adopt to their style and approach to games. This has prevented me from playing my, preferred, free flowing football, obviously until I can acquire the right players; god i love this aspect of the game.

Any word on a patch?

I feel this game needs the following fixes

-custom cameras for online
-passing is too accurate
-shooting is too accurate
-defense is underpowered overall.
-shadows on day time are way too dark in some stadiums.

Those are my main complaints with the game. Mostly these are for online.

Last edited:

Yep, narrow FOV, low polygon counts for NPC, lifeless, scripted, linear NPC's AI means less compute power needed, so that they can focus on creating much detailed graphics.

Don't get me wrong mate, i know what you mean, yes i understand its unfair to compare the two. Its easier to put higher res graphics on action and adventure games. I' not denying that,

what my point is pes should still get somewhere close to what we see in Assasins Creed and at least get to that level on the PS4, probably surpass it.

I don't expect it to look like what we see in the new uncharted 4 trailer, thing is there is no doubt they can do, far, far better. I make shirts an some of the kits from Konami this year are plain and simple crap, no excuse that they have to make so many either, many of the colours are wrong, some of the designs like inter are completely wrong, this is not 2004 anymore, and even then people where doing better than what Konami does now.

There's a lack of care and taking ownership in many graphical elements. yes the faces look spectacular, but the rest is rather underwhelming, the crowd could look much better, pitches are poor on both gens, net physics are poor, rain, mud elements are poor and where are the shirt physics from last year?

This is the best graphics on the PS3, Beyond :Two Souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhMptotuYeM

again, its an interactive movie so there is literally no AI whatsoever hence why the graphics are so good, no with the PS4 we have 4x tines the power at least. This should be what we expect PES to at least look like next year.

Next year for pes 2016 i think we should unite as a community and say to Konami, just leave the gameplay alone and simply fix bugs and upgrade a few parts to add more depth. The only gameplay focus for next year should more animations.

Next year its vital, the most important thing is upgrading the games graphics, off the pitch elements in master league and improving the game with realtime weather physics (rain, wind, snow) better cinematic and contextual cut-scene. better physical fatigue and indepth injury system and real time shirt physics.

Konami have barely even scratched the surface of what the PS4 is capable of.

so done 6 game UCL session on top player 10min gmaes last night and some new issues.

1. To easy? At first hadnt played for 3-4 days had some low score tight games. BUt after couple games I beat Ludgratets (bulgaian team sp?) 6-1 at home then 9-2 away then I beat lille 6-1 at home. I was Real Madrid...This is pretyy ridiculous..I could just score at will really...and I was always a 3 star lvl player against cpu i.e. pro so big wins on top player is crazy...dunno what superstar is like...tbf games against liverpool where harder lost 3-1 then drew 1-1...still big wins kinda crazy or maybe not comparing to real life UCL socres this season eg roma- real madrid etc lol.

2. Skill moves seem to be animated in SLo-mo speed...ANytime I do a skill move its like it happens in slow and takes about 5sec to complete...if its a turn, twist or whatever it just happens at 1/4 speed so annoying and defo not right..makes the moves kinda pointless.

3. Running/dribbling is really not worth much at all for a change..even players like ronaldo and bale cant run down wing and in and out passed 4-5 defenders with ease..maybe this is a plus point..but i barely saw any benefit to using ronaldo compared to say someone like modric which is kinda sad...i know we hate OP speed merhcants but seems speed has almost faded totally from the game.

4. Still finding long range goals easy to laser into corners then again im shooting with James, Ronny, Benzema etc..so that could be the reason for all my easy long range special goals..

APART from all that really enjoying the games, the possesion plays, passing about etc, the cpus varied attacks and style....overall game has much more substance than fifa i been playing beforehand and more reliant on passing and teamwork than pure speed and dribbling...

All new games are easier these days. Its the way society is. trying to dub everyone down and get people addicted into winning easy matches or easy tasks while doing little, which desensitizes the dopa-mine levels in the brain, requiring people to play more and more.

AAA games are pathetically easy

I guess thats a fact...i guess if i went porto or something it would be much harder and not all my shots would laser into top corner.

Maybe for my master league etc..Top Player will be fine then.

Cant really complain winning 6-0 with real madrid etc i guess..its not that unrealistic..

tnoght ill do a ucl with porto then and see they differnces.

What needs edited to complete the game.

I dont wanna start my ML until eveyrthing is correct.

EPL and championship names plus kits...

And brazilian teams need player names edited

Is that all that needs done?

How long will all this take anyone guess?

Early days. Comparing sales to fifa is just ignorant
It's not ignorant but I take your point. The real comparison is year-on-year sales and the overall trend shows a steady decline in numbers since PES2008. That should be a worry to all the PES faithful like the community we have here. If PES was a business with shareholders then alarm bells would be ringing.

No matter how good the game is to the ardent fan, it has to resonate with the casual/mainstream gamer to be sustainable in its current form. PES used to be that game, the one that was loved by a broad range of gamers.

I fully expect PES2015 to have lousy sales figures, particularly on next-gen consoles. The 'late' release by two months may well prove to be a huge mistake, more so when it seems those two months yielded nothing worth waiting for. A dated, sometimes awkward looking game where nothing ever seems to improve as much as it should.

The series is in trouble in my opinion, not just evident in falling sales but also the almost total lack of marketing. The gameplay is actually pretty good this year but who's going to appreciate it when PES has fallen from the mainstream gamer's conscience? PES grew on word-of-mouth but I'm not so sure it can resurrect itself that way too.

What needs edited to complete the game.

I dont wanna start my ML until eveyrthing is correct.

EPL and championship names plus kits...

And brazilian teams need player names edited

Is that all that needs done?

How long will all this take anyone guess?

A very long time
I tend to do 2 teams a night
They will still turn up in the master league all edited even when you start the ML.

Re sales etc, the reason why fifa will sell more is licences. Pure and simple. Pes15 is great on the pitch but looks dreadful in the unlicensed leagues. Plus only a handful of stadiums and lack of leagues. To most people in Europe they couldn't give a fuck re Japanese or Brazilian teams.

Just to edit pes 15 to get it somewhere near as edited as fifa will take a long time and even then still won't be 100% correct due to no badges or sponsors.

Lovin master league. Very sweet indeed. It reminds of pes 2010 master league in the way in that you can whiz through a season very quickly and I love the fact I create a real a fantasy football team, because it is relatively easy to sign players, if u have the cash that is.
Also, finding the game much harder and very deep indeed.
Originally I found the game easy; thus opting for manual passing range. I think this was because I was playing with the likes of Bayern etc teams; now I seem to struggle alot mainly due to the fact that the teams I play with are middle of the range, which forces me to adopt to their style and approach to games. This has prevented me from playing my, preferred, free flowing football, obviously until I can acquire the right players; god i love this aspect of the game.

Complete agree. First time in many years, for me. Shame about the lack of option files, which would really help flesh out the experience, but like Steelhorse75, I edit about two teams per night and they don't look too bad, really.

Back
Top Bottom