FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

It's crap and it's broken, sorry.
The majority of game play "issues" people post here and call broken, can be fixed with sliders, in-game tactic choices, and team tactic edits. Other issues can be fixed by a bit of editing effort. So easy to call something crap and broken. No, the main problem is people don't take the time to delve into these games to understand how they're programmed.

Both games are easier to examine and adjust and fix if needed on the PC, that I will admit, which is why I mothballed my XBox 360 in 2011 and bought a gaming PC.

Last edited:
So I finished Career Mode on Legendary yesterday, and in my 1st Season I won the League and Champs League with Liverpool.

I won by playing the 5-2-3 formation, 2 DM and 3 upfront (no wingers).

I managed to acquire Bernard, Shaqiri, Dos Santos, Sokratis, Juan Jesus, Cacereas, Bochetti, Radu and this was using the Strict financial rules. Sold so much deadwood.

In the end, if I am honest to myself, my success came from pace. Having 3 guys upfront with pace to burn, most goals would come from counter attacking, and in the end it all became a bit too easy.

I am disappointed because at the start I didn't think this year's iteration would rely on Pace so much, but it does. I would pick the ball up with Sturridge from halfway line and just run50-60 yards, same with Dos Santos, same with Markovic (who becomes amazing).

I tried playing on 4 minute halves instead of 6 to make the game harder (winning means taking your chances), but it seem frustrating because I couldn't have any midfield play due to the time running down.

Hmm...Is there any option to do a league that involves Champions league too without any transfers? I know there is an option to disable first year transfer but you can still acquire in January.

Might give pro a go now, see the difference.

So I finished Career Mode on Legendary yesterday, and in my 1st Season I won the League and Champs League with Liverpool.

I won by playing the 5-2-3 formation, 2 DM and 3 upfront (no wingers).

I managed to acquire Bernard, Shaqiri, Dos Santos, Sokratis, Juan Jesus, Cacereas, Bochetti, Radu and this was using the Strict financial rules. Sold so much deadwood.

In the end, if I am honest to myself, my success came from pace. Having 3 guys upfront with pace to burn, most goals would come from counter attacking, and in the end it all became a bit too easy.

I am disappointed because at the start I didn't think this year's iteration would rely on Pace so much, but it does. I would pick the ball up with Sturridge from halfway line and just run50-60 yards, same with Dos Santos, same with Markovic (who becomes amazing).

I tried playing on 4 minute halves instead of 6 to make the game harder (winning means taking your chances), but it seem frustrating because I couldn't have any midfield play due to the time running down.

Hmm...Is there any option to do a league that involves Champions league too without any transfers? I know there is an option to disable first year transfer but you can still acquire in January.

Might give pro a go now, see the difference.

You don't even need to use good players like Sturridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-eAs7RGoCk

Niang and Brown Ideye do the with skills to boot.

Im definitely finding it harder to win in my career mode since the update last week. Think I was on an unbeaten run of about 10 games before the patch, lost 2 out of 3 since the update. Could just be my run coming to an end I guess, dunno.

I have a problem.
When I change in option help controller shot to manual this option don't save at
the restart of Fifa15 and every time I have to change it.You can help me? Thanks

Was only mentioning as your formation looks pretty decent and could be really good with a couple of attacking tweaks.. If you fancy sharing it?

My current formation doesn't allow any sort of ball retention but I do score a lot of goals, as it is a kid of 3-2-5 formation.

It was to share the formation file, but noticed that FIFA 15 doesn't allow saving custom formations..
Not sure what you mean here. Add a new formation for your team and then customize it all you want. The formation info saves no problem to your squads save file.

From your video you want for example one of the defenders (CB) to leave the line and press the striker or whoever having the ball, right?
Here's what I do in my CM, 1st I play coop camera (so I can spot my team position and track AI running without the ball) .2nd with my formation 4-3-3 I found that increasing aggression (55-65) moves my players closer to the opposition.

3rd I choose the nearest defender and close down the AI then swtich to mark the other player who they might pass to.That one needs practice,it becomes easier (2nd nature) after that. At last I play on default WC, coz the AI isn't overpowered and I get realistic match rhythm. Sometimes my defensive line move up to the opposition's half if they got the chance to (when the AI set too deep).That's on tactical defending (I read that you don't use it tho) ;)

About improvement with patch, it's there.They balanced the speed btw attackers with the ball and defenders without it. So it results in more success in containing the attackers and taking the ball from them.But at the right time you can still do that explosive run and leave the defender behind.

Last edited:
From your video you want for example one of the defenders (CB) to leave the line and press the striker or whoever having the ball, right?
Here's what I do in my CM, 1st I play coop camera (so I can spot my team position and track AI running without the ball) .2nd with my formation 4-3-3 I found that increasing aggression (55-65) moves my players closer to the opposition.

3rd I choose the nearest defender and close down the AI then swtich to mark the other player who they might pass to.That one needs practice,it becomes easier (2nd nature) after that. At last I play on default WC, coz the AI isn't overpowered and I get realistic match rhythm. Sometimes my defensive line move up to the opposition's half if they got the chance to (when the AI set too deep).That's on tactical defending (I read that you don't use it tho) ;)

About improvement with patch, it's there.They balanced the speed btw attackers with the ball and defenders without it. So it results in more success in containing the attackers and taking the ball from them.But at the right time you can still do that explosive run and leave the defender behind.

Thanks, knight. However, it happens for the CPU as well. I can put aggression to 100 on both and they will still back off like this.

0NDWUD.png

I'm working on it though.

I agree that post patch something seems fishy with the defensive aggression slider. I can't seem to find a slider setup where the defensive AI will actually help pressure the ball carrier.

Still seeing different types of goals after 2 months of playing. Nothing too spectacular here but just a few examples of what I'm talking about.
Well impressed with the variety this year

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Goal Variation

Wow! These are one of the best goals I have seen so far!

The first freekick goal reminded me of Xabi Alonsos against Manchester City last week.

Also the goal starting @0:28:
Loving, how the ball bounces into the goal @0:33 because it got a spin after it bounced off the keeper!

Extremely good ball physics!

I´m still having a lot of fun with this game, brought TSV 1860 Munich to the Euro League but still struggling in the Bundesliga.

I applied for a financial boost at the management and promised them to get a CL qualification this year.
This is gonna be tough :D
(why is there no CM thread btw?)

Very nice gameplay.
They just need to work on the player models for the next releases.

Back
Top Bottom