FIFA 11 is better than PES 2011 and more realistic to me

1- FIFA has better AI
2- FIFA is smother
3- no CPU cheats in FIFA
4- FIFA has better passing

PES still has :

1- Better tactic options
2- Better (Daley) and (Daley2) defense system

Thats his opinion, and he is more than welcome to it. I have slighty different opinion, I like to think I'm welcome to that.

Last edited:
One of my biggest complaints is the stupidity of player team defenders. They just kind of stand around when not in your control. I've even seen them run away from attacking players making runs. Meanwhile the AI team's defense (on Professional) close down on you, sometimes with 3 or more men. Once in the box, they are an immovable wall, each one capable of making a perfect sliding tackle or standing in pixel perfect positions. I don't like having to fight to control the right defender (the switching system is pure garbage).

I also dislike when the actions on screen don't co-relate to what I'm inputting; for example, I pull back on the stick to save a stray ball from crossing the line, however the player onscreen does the exact opposite and kicks it out.

These small problems are adding up. They are holding back this game from being perfect. It's like if you found out your new gf (36-26-36) has a 6th toe. No matter how great she is, you're always going to notice.

I'm holding out hope that Konami fixes some of these issues in a patch.

Going to get some more play on this today and try to not touch FIFA for a while, need to find how to get the ball off my feet and get my players to make decent runs..
Also need to sort my pad out, not sure what I was doing but I ended up doing so many tricks in one run I looked like Ronaldo on smack... :P

Really enjoying the PES11 demo, huge improvement on PES10 and will give FIFA11 a run for it's money, although both games have completely different philosophy.

The only that I see is a negative is that "fast" players like Robben aren't actually that fast, it is very hard to get away from defenders by just using the pace that they should have, it seems that Konami has slowed down these type of players far to much. It definitely makes the game much harder to play, but then is not realistic because in real life these players are quick.

Still hats of to Konami they have managed to put PES back on the map.

After some tests on both demos :

1- FIFA has better AI
2- FIFA is smother
3- no CPU cheats in FIFA

Sorry but disagree to the point that i must show you this.

I'm Arsenal! I'm playing vs the CPU on Legendary (Real)

This isn't a foul from the CPU (Carvalho on Arshavin!)
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/36547415

but this is?????
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/36548081

This happens every match btw!

:TTTH:

One of my biggest complaints is the stupidity of player team defenders. They just kind of stand around when not in your control. I've even seen them run away from attacking players making runs. Meanwhile the AI team's defense (on Professional) close down on you, sometimes with 3 or more men. Once in the box, they are an immovable wall, each one capable of making a perfect sliding tackle or standing in pixel perfect positions. I don't like having to fight to control the right defender (the switching system is pure garbage).

It's hard to go through the middle on this game, gets furstrating becasue they pack so many men there! Maybe you just had a bad few game.

Although i'm noticing more bugs now, some very, strange behaviour from defnders indeed :CONFUSE: . Also switching pisses me off in al football games!

I also dislike when the actions on screen don't co-relate to what I'm inputting; for example, I pull back on the stick to save a stray ball from crossing the line, however the player onscreen does the exact opposite and kicks it out.

I used to have an issue where players would turn around 180 dgress when i just wanted to slow down :RANT: Then i fixed it by being less aggresive on the left stick!

These small problems are adding up. They are holding back this game from being perfect. It's like if you found out your new gf (36-26-36) has a 6th toe. No matter how great she is, you're always going to notice.

I'm holding out hope that Konami fixes some of these issues in a patch.
I don't think this game is ever going to be perfect, there's lots of room for improvement, it's more about it reaching new heights :)

In the first few matches, I said to myself "wow this is a great game, the best football game ever " But now, having played a lot games ... my optimism began to disappear ...the game has many problems and it serious !

Last edited:

1- FIFA has better AI
2- FIFA is smother
3- no CPU cheats in FIFA

PES still has :

1- Better tactic options
2- Better (Daley) and (Daley2) defense system

CPU cheats in FIFA also

Finally figured out how to get an account. Helps not to use a US address. Duh. Anyways after playing one half the game looks just beautiful. More control with the player on the ball. It just plays more like the real thing than anything I've ever played. Big thumbs up.:))

The minor things that are annoying me so far are: player switching, the lack of advantage rule and no control over keeper rushing out.

It is hard to believe that some of this minor bugs were alreay present since PES 2008 and haven't been corrected so far.

Anyway I already pre-ordered the game. After trying Fifa 11 Demo and getting sick while playing it. (Didn't look like football to me...)

1- FIFA has better AI
2- FIFA is smother
3- no CPU cheats in FIFA

I offer my rebuttal good sir:

1.) I will agree that fifa has better player team AI, they take some of the load off the player's shoulders by having some level of intelligence when not under direct control.

2.) Fifa clearly is smoother, but it looks silly. Almost like old archive footage of 1910, where everyone is moving at 1.5x normal speed.

3.) No CPU cheats?! Are you kidding me? In FifaWC the AI never made mistakes because it read the players input, not to mention that momentum only seemed to affect the player.

4.) Fifa does have a better passing solution, but PES2011 has a manual pass modifier that works a lot better than the RStick crap they did last year.

5.) Fifa also has a MUCH better player switching system. It gives total control to the player in defensive situations. Konami needs to copy it next year.

Uh anyone have difficult getting in behind the defence? Maybe it'll be different online not playing against 10 men behind the ball, but at the moment poachers are practically useless as they never make runs on the d-lines shoulder. I'll be holding onto the ball with my AM for years waiting for a run, but the ST just hovers about in front of the defence. Annoying.

Also, do Overall ratings have a bearing on performance? If I drop a player into a position he can't play, will his attributes suffer/fall?

I dislike how you're almost forced to play attacking possession football regardless of who you are or who your opposition are.

Thanks for info mate

I have to admit :COAT: I have never spent time playing FIFA as I do PES :JAY:

it's fine, fifa always looks nice on the surface, but the problem is there's nothing under that surface!

It was the same last year, people who first played FIFA 10 thought it was ultra realsitc! (including me, i said FIFA 10 was incredible and other game could touch it :COAT: Then the flaws appeared :TTTH:

after so many time without playing PES, i am really enjoyng this demo and i think i will buy this ggame this after 3 years of FIFA, but the defence it´s making me mad...
there seems to be a delay in the players when the other team try a throught ball...
i am really hating this... i just cant change fast for the defender and intercept the balls...
this is the major problem of this game to me... i´m really dont liking of the defence in this game...

one question: there´s no option to give specific orders to your players, like older PES (arrows)?
if i want thatt my defensive midfielder don´t go offensive, or if i want that just one of my fullbacks do offensive runs?
this is not more possible in PES?
apart of that, the tatical options of the game are great and add so many more variety in the game in comparasion to FIFA games...

I tried the demo just few hours ago, I always end up ballooning even the good striker does not get the ball on target.

Am I not doing it correctly or is Shooting in PES screwed up? or is the shooting mechanism changed completely?

I tried the demo just few hours ago, I always end up ballooning even the good striker does not get the ball on target.

Am I not doing it correctly or is Shooting in PES screwed up? or is the shooting mechanism changed completely?

It's fine, just needs time to adapt. The ball needs to be out of the players feet and on his stronger side for it to be hit sweetly. After a number of games you'll automatically know when to hit the shoot button, I haven't ballooned many attempts apart from panic moments in the last few days.

I offer my rebuttal good sir:

1.) I will agree that fifa has better player team AI, they take some of the load off the player's shoulders by having some level of intelligence when not under direct control.
Don't agree, FIFA's AI is incredbily basic. You tap L1, they run forward. AI defensivley is so bad they as theres always so much space and all your players are always unmarked!

Not to mention Left backs playing strikers onside:JAY:

PES's AI is very deep but not without it's annoyances and bugs though! the probelms lie in that players never runforward precisly how you want them to, i'm not bothered about that sinc thats how PEs works, you learn how you teamates run! I need to show this clip of the CPU Sandro covering the hole left by his defender and eventuall tackling me being the last man back!

My jaw dropped!

And you 100% about Konami just needing to straight up copy FIFA iwth the right stick player switching!

People moaning about player switching, then just change it. There are three switching options, including a full manual switching option.

Just select 'choose sides' and then press square to change switching options.

I'm a huge fan of Konami football games. Since ISS for SNES, passing trough Goal Storm 97, Winning Eleven and finally, Pro Evolution Soccer.

But Konami made me to buy a Xbox 360 only for play FIFA10. Really, my Xbox 360 it's only to play FIFA. PES10 was a worst football game ever made, just terrible... Unplayable.

PES2011 DEMO is a good game, with awesome improvements, but still looks old-gen game. The player's animation is just OK. In certain moments the players just don't do anything, even if you press 1000 times any button. They still there, like we don't press anything.

The game build is too fast, even in 0 speed. It's just pass and run all the time.

The goalkeepers are a disgrace of the game, again. No much comments for this part of the game. They simply don't have mobility and no technique, either. Just terrible, absolutely terrible.

And with that comes one of the major problem in the game. Most goals come from bizarre failures of the goalkeeper. Unexplained failures, even the lowest level of goalkeepers aren't capable to do things like they made in the game.

Another serious problem is the CPU's pressing. It's just annoying the way they run all the time behind you, even attackers. Simply run the whole time, are extremely agressive, don't stop for a second. This is totally unreal and makes the game very annoying.

Even with these problems, PES11 DEMO still a good game, especially if compared with the damn PES10. Maybe the best game ever made for Konami...

But FIFA11 DEMO is actually a truly simulation, a better game, even with some problems too. The physics is present in the game all time. In player, in the ball, everything. The IA is just a miiiiiles away above and the game is very smooth. You can do everything you want. Everything. The response of the controls is incredible.

Last edited:
But FIFA11 DEMO is a truly simulation
:LMAO:

FIFA 11 a simulation?

I've got no problem with people preferring FIFA over PES, but saying it is a more accurate simulation of football is an absolute joke and completely false.

I know, it's difficult to accept this in forum of Winning Eleven. I always loved soccer games from Konami. Konami always made good (really good) simulation football games, but today, since PES08, that's not a true...

See a game in FIFA is like watching a real game on TV and the most people agree with that.

In PES is like a american football. Not much on PES2011, but it still is.

But OK, I respect.

Back
Top Bottom