PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Anyone else impressed with the chants/crowd bit? Part where it says fans reacting to what's happening on the pitch. That's frigging cool!

Yes , would be great to have real atmosphere like this :

YouTube - Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2 Highlights HD 21.04.2012

in all pes , sfx sounds (fans reaction) is very low , they should increase the volume .
sometimes i feel like there is no crowd because we don't hear them like in real life , and this makes the game boring .
Example, incredible actions and goals , the sounds volume is the same all the game , even when you win champions league final
crowd sounds volume should be at the same level than commentary when scoring/fouls/end of match
crowd become crazy , that's football :D

Last edited:

Anyone else impressed with the chants/crowd bit? Part where it says fans reacting to what's happening on the pitch. That's frigging cool!

Would be nice to have a dynamic and interesting atmosphere, currently I'm muting the game and playing my favourite music while playing PES 2012.

Lol, i read this:

So you’ll have choices when someone passes to you. Want to trap the ball, bringing it instantly under control? A tap of R2 will do just that. Want to use the power of the pass to quickly nip past a defender? You’ll be able to do that too.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
I'm using this for years now! What the heck is new about it?

Lol, i read this:

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
I'm using this for years now! What the heck is new about it?

R2 is old news but this using the momentum of a strong pass to past a defender, how you you do that?

Simply push the leftstick into a direction precisly at the moment your foot touches the ball. I use that all the time and it works better when the pass is a bit overhit.
And when a pass is too strong, you can neutralise the power with a single R2 tap, that not new at all.

I hope they use it in one-touch passing aswel, so when the first pass is hard the second doesn't need that much power.
So you can use the speed a power from one pass into another, more a controlled deviation than a pass.

Last edited:

Yes if they nail it i wont be bothered if the game still has awful commentary.

pes-2011hcjjt.gif

Remember how there were claims that this was all in-game animation? Yep, that didn't turn out so great, did it?

Felt exactly the same as soon as I finished watching today's trailer, very skeptical of the press release also. The series desperately needs a new engine and still haven't got it.

Simply push the leftstick into a direction precisly at the moment your foot touches the ball.

Thanks for the explanation, will try that out. So Konami's PR-releases are like the rest of the industry's, touting new and old features like they were all new.

well, when you don't explain all these things in your instructions manual, you can sell it in your next release as a new feature.

Btw, you can also use R2+R1 speedburst or even just R1 (+ direction you want) to pass your defender in a first touch move.
The ball will roll further and there is more chance it will be intercepted by a back-up defender, so you need space and a fast, agile (with high accereration) player for that.

I think the news sound really good, but, and there's a big but ... there are so many of these aspects of the game Konami has previously promised to improve, without improving it in the slightest.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but when they say "improved stadium ambience", I'm not really expecting anything more than a louder mixed volume to the crap ambience that's usually in the game.

But by all means, I hope I'm wrong. If all of the news is true and working well in the game, I'm sure the game will be fantastic. :)

well, when you don't explain all these things in your instructions manual, you can sell it in your next release as a new feature.

Btw, you can also use R2+R1 speedburst or even just R1 (+ direction you want) to pass your defender in a first touch move.
The ball will roll further and there is more chance it will be intercepted by a back-up defender, so you need space and a fast, agile (with high accereration) player for that.

How to activate speedburst has always bugged me, I find it not very userfriendly. Maybe it should be remapped, for example onto the running-button (which I have on the analogue RT button on xbox360), so that maybe double-tapping the running-button would cause the burst. Easy and intuitive.

I think the news sound really good, but, and there's a big but ... there are so many of these aspects of the game Konami has previously promised to improve, without improving it in the slightest.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but when they say "improved stadium ambience", I'm not really expecting anything more than a louder mixed volume to the crap ambience that's usually in the game.

But by all means, I hope I'm wrong. If all of the news is true and working well in the game, I'm sure the game will be fantastic. :)

How can you be sure? I'm not, I take all the promised features in and hope for the best, but I know that until playing the full game for a few weeks, we can't be really sure if everything works together in a balanced way. Not even the playable demo can assure us.

How to activate speedburst has always bugged me, I find it not very userfriendly. Maybe it should be remapped, for example onto the running-button (which I have on the analogue RT button on xbox360), so that maybe double-tapping the running-button would cause the burst. Easy and intuitive.

The speedburst is an odd thing to have in the game as it's slower than just pressing the run button lol.

The speedburst is an odd thing to have in the game as it's slower than just pressing the run button lol.

It's a bit awkward to activate but the burst in itself gives an additional acceleration with certain players that can't be achieved with running alone. I wish though it would be remapped to the run-button, doubletapping it should cause the burst, easy and intuitive.

Imagine if only Ronaldo had new animations and every other player was the same as the previous year :P

This is why im not a big fan of CG'd trailers showing off a game.
The trailer showed nothing that suggests any improvements have been made for PES13, it was just a bland and uninspiring piece of animation.
You dont see Ronaldo up close like that in game anyway so it obviously wont look the same.

Id have preferred to see some wide cam in game action.

Trailers are a double edged sword really. I really care about them myself but they're there for marketing purposes. To put the game out there and tell people it's being made as well as make people talk about (like here). A key-note presentation isn't quite as thrilling for most people and doesn't strike as many talking points especially for a video game.

That said it's April. The trailer was probably put together last month or before. The game won't be ready till September (an October release but a month to go gold). That's 5 months. Any wide-cam shot of the game will be in beta and won't look polished in the slightest or worse, any different at all. People would just look at it and say it looks shit and i imagine they would be correct. It's easier to just show some pointless up-close dribbling that's probably not going to reflect the game at all. It's more exciting from an advertising perspective, which as i said is the point really of trailers at this point. Really though these trailers aren't there for people to reflect on. They're there for some whimsical musings like 'WOW LOOK THE NEW PES IS ANNOUNCED'. 'OMG IT'S RONALDO, LOOK HOW REALISTIC HE LOOKS AND ALL THOSE COOL TRICKS'. Silly stuff like that. Mostly superficial things too i might add. I imagine in a lot of quarters it does the trick too.

Last edited:

@ 0:40 ronaldo is running weird & the ball is slowing down?!?!Must be gameplay footage

Yeah you can see that the invisible bit of string is still present, That would not be there if it was CGI/Messi trailer.

Yeah, I said so in WENBs feedback thread, and a few others did too.

That, and the straight line dribbling, bode well for this being evidence of what the animations for Ronaldo will look like in-game. That said, I do think there was probably some touching up of the animations, just to smooth out the transitions - at this early stage (bearing in mind this will have been worked on for something like a month and locked down for release a week or two ago) it's unlikely they'd have got things smooth enough for the whole thing to look relatively seamless.

Koanmi are saying all big name players will have their own styles. :BOP:

I don't see how that's possible, but OK. Unless they've been doing motion capture with those players for a few months now.
Unless big names = Ronaldo and Messi, those they already have motion capture of.

I don't see how that's possible, but OK. Unless they've been doing motion capture with those players for a few months now.
Unless big names = Ronaldo and Messi, those they already have motion capture of.

Presumably big names = whoever would make it into a world XI, at least. Would be nice to see more - I'd been hoping for something similar for Giggs for years, but his time has most definitely come and gone. Maybe Welbeck then, where the ball seems to go in all sorts of inconceivable directions but is still somehow well under control...

Aside from good news for PES 2013, today is a bad night for football in general! Bad and ugly win over good and beauty!

7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

Teams that don't shoot tend to lose games.
LOL
trolololo!
You are kidding me !? :CONFUSE: that sound unbelievable stupid now . Look the ..... stats from both games!

Last edited:

Konami is stupid. They have lost the train for years and now they are trying to copy FIFA with all these features that are already in fifa long time ago...

Pitty for Seabass...

Lets hope for a good result though...

7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

Teams that don't shoot tend to lose games.

This is very, very true - luckily for Barcelona this doesn't apply as they didn't lose tonight's game and scored a couple of goals with shots at the goal as well.

However, they had a fair few in the first game as well yet got beat.

Back
Top Bottom