PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Agree entirely.It amazes me when We get the annual round of "game wont run" and You then find out the graphics card is as old as PES 5.

It's what must make developing for the PC such a nightmare. The gap between the high-end users and those with low-end systems, and generally the whining from the latter when they can't run the latest games. Developers have to draw the line somewhere in order to push games forward. People running ancient hardware need to upgrade or be left behind.

A gaming PC needs an overhaul every 4 or 5 years to stay current, much like we upgrade to newer consoles.

It's like crying that you can't play a PS4 game on your PS3. Either upgrade or accept that you'll have to play older games.

The thought of playing PES 2014.5 isn't at all appealing, nor is the idea of buying a PS4 to play a game that I can't fix with mods.

Yeah I couldn't go back to console option files after becoming accustomed to the amazing work the PC modders do. I just hope they stick around for PES2015.

Konami never really scaled down, that argument doesn't really work with PES. They just never scaled up, because even console optimization was highly troublesome for them.

The thought of playing PES 2014.5 isn't at all appealing, nor is the idea of buying a PS4 to play a game that I can't fix with mods.

Actually, all sports game franchises are a slightly modified version of last years game. It's one of the worlds biggest accepted scams. Sometimes you can even suspect them of releasing the game with bugs or "bad decisions" that doesn't get patched on purpose so they can release an "improved" version next year.

EA has gotten their FIFA audience right where they want them; accepting mediocrity and EA just keep pouring out slightly adjusted versions and reap in the doe from the sheep heard. Konami does the same with less success since their audience are a tiny bit more alert, but we remain hopeful every year all the same.

Sometimes I just wish I wasn't so picky...

Last edited:
Konami never really scaled down, that argument doesn't really work with PES. They just never scaled up, because even console optimization was highly troublesome for them.

Well they pretty much dump the console version on the PC and leave it at that (hence the 30fps cutscenes in 2014). The game isn't optimised at all, as you said. I think PES is the only PC game I own that doesn't have the most rudimentary graphics options like AA and AF. Really that's unacceptable.

Fortunately for Konami the modders do the 'scaling up' and the out-of-the-box game is so undemanding that modern graphics cards barely leave sleep mode to play it. How they shipped the console versions with so many framerate issues I will never understand.

Well they pretty much dump the console version on the PC and leave it at that (hence the 30fps cutscenes in 2014). The game isn't optimised at all, as you said. I think PES is the only PC game I own that doesn't have the most rudimentary graphics options like AA and AF. Really that's unacceptable.

Fortunately for Konami the modders do the 'scaling up' and the out-of-the-box game is so undemanding that modern graphics cards barely leave sleep mode to play it. How they shipped the console versions with so many framerate issues I will never understand.
Focus for them there was accessibilty and quality hence the framerate issues

@benchmark post
My previous PC that collects dust in the closet beats PS4, and yet PS4 is popular... why people?

You can build a strong and cheap PC and upgrade it gradually to keep it competitive for many years. A gaming console is static. It releases weak and it can't be upgraded noteworthy...

The console version is made on a PC but not optimized or tailored for PC usage. The "complete" version is ported and dumped on consoles and most often released "as is" on PC with a bare minimum of options. This is not just typical Konami, it's typical for the gaming industry. In some cases, such as Red Dead Redemption, they even had the audacity to say that they wouldn't develop a PC version. Guess what, they could've just released it as is, because it's already working on a PC. Dark Souls PTDE is a good example of this. Keyboard not working properly and so on, but it runs on a PC anyway. Konami at least developed keyboard alternatives for their "PC ports".

Last edited:
The settings are for the hardware, not " people like You".
And Konami DID scale down to ensure the max amount of PC users
could play the game.
They would sell less PC units if they only catered for high end hardware.

But the so-called next gen consoles aren't very powerful compared to recent PC hardware. And furthermore, from what we have seen so far, PES 2015 looks far from being a high-end title in terms of graphics, even by PS4/Xbone standards.

So why force dumbed down graphics down EVERYONE'S throat? Every decent PC game has this magical thing called graphics settings (proper one's, unlike Konami's archaic low/medium/high system), so everyone can adjust the visual quality according to their system's capabilities. Problem solved.

But the so-called next gen consoles aren't very powerful compared to recent PC hardware. And furthermore, from what we have seen so far, PES 2015 looks far from being a high-end title in terms of graphics, even by PS4/Xbone standards.

So why force dumbed down graphics down EVERYONE'S throat? Every decent PC game has this magical thing called graphics settings (proper one's, unlike Konami's archaic low/medium/high system), so everyone can adjust the visual quality according to their system's capabilities. Problem solved.

Its true,sadly it highlights that although people speak in terms of next-gen,in reality as far as this game is concerned real next-gen is still somewhere in the future.

My previous PC that collects dust in the closet beats PS4, and yet PS4 is popular... why people?
Probably it's just because people want no hassle.
They want to put the disc in and play, not worrying about drivers or incompatible software or tearing/stuttering with no reason...

Not everyone knows how to properly "optimize" a PC game (still it's something that should be done by the developers but that, given the vast choice of hardware a PC can have, is not always done properly).

It's getting easier though. Things like GeForce Experience can optimise graphics settings for most mainstream games to suit your hardware. After a while it gets quite easy to know which settings do what. Also I find drivers rarely give me issues these days.

It's getting easier though.
You stand correct, but not everyone is aware of that unfortunately.

Many see downloading/installing, fiddling with graphic/controller settings (and, at times, having to understand why it stutters while the video card is way above the 'recommended' mark) unnecessary and, somehow, frustrating.
Now I'm a PC-only player since the end of the '90s (switched from the almighty N64) so I more or less got my head around nearly every trouble that can be found while gaming but I can understand people that just CBA to play on PC and just follow the "simple" way of console gaming, maybe without knowing that PC gaming opens to many possibilities like modding that just aren't supported on consoles.

Probably things would change once the Steam Machine becomes popular enough, but I really can't foresee a decline in console gaming unfortunately.

Last edited:
I guess I'm a more technical person and enjoy the upgrade-ability of the PC and like playing around with settings to get the level of eye candy and/or frame rates I want. The appeal for me is I can have the system (therefore performance) I desire on an open platform that allows me to run the programs I want. Locked down consoles are a complete turn-off for me, but we're all different and most people don't have the technical curiosity to explore PC gaming.

I guess I'm a more technical person and enjoy the upgrade-ability of the PC and like playing around with settings to get the level of eye candy and/or frame rates I want. The appeal for me is I can have the system (therefore performance) I desire on an open platform that allows me to run the programs I want. Locked down consoles are a complete turn-off for me, but we're all different and most people don't have the technical curiosity to explore PC gaming.

I'd agree with this post and also with previous frustrations of rushed ports. ZeroTheHero mentioned Dark Souls a few posts back and there's been some amazing amateur development on that to make it run at resolutions above the one the developers chose to lock in (1024x720, or something). You can even downsample and add effects using this mod.

In fact, he's released a new tool that works in a similar way to SweetFX which allows for easy downsampling and adding of effects in almost any game from DirectX 9 upwards (it's not working on PES 5/6 as those are DX8). I'll be making a post in the PES2014 editing forum soon with a tutorial on getting this to run. The image quality you can get is amazing, and even my relatively crap gaming PC (i3, 650ti, 8gb) can run the game downsampled with monstrous amounts of AA.

I am still a little shocked that (assuming) Konami decide to release 2015 on Steam they haven't looked (or maybe they just ignored) at how good the average system is on there, which is basically as good or better than mine.

Steam hardware by popularity

OS Windows 7 64bit
RAM 8gb
CPU 2.3 Ghz + (more than 55%)
GPU Intel integrated are top, but the top 10 is dominated by Nvidia cards greater than Gefore 550 with at least 1gb VRAM
Res 1920 x 1080

A system of this type easily runs PES2014 in its sleep, with plenty left over for better texture resolutions etc.

I guess I'm a more technical person and enjoy the upgrade-ability of the PC and like playing around with settings to get the level of eye candy and/or frame rates I want.
We're two of the same kind then (I use to build my PCs personally and often spend 2 to 3 months reading benchmarks and articles before deciding what to buy for a new build).

But not everyone has a PC capable of keeping on par with the latest gen consoles.
I for one have one that played any game in a better detail/res/framerate than a PE3/360 but struggles now* and many people still have rigs that can't keep up with 7th gen consoles, that's my concern.

Again, the solution wouldn't be hold back the progress of PC games but just make them scalable, but... We both know how it's going to end.

*consider that even if my HD 5770 is the minimal requirement for FIFA 14, I still could render my rig on par with the newest consoles by probably just changing the video card as a first-gen core i7 and 6GB of DDR3 RAM should be still enough

A system of this type easily runs PES2014 in its sleep, with plenty left over for better texture resolutions etc.
Textures are my least concern to be honest. I mean, a 2048x2048 texture like the one used at the moment for kits is more than enough (FIFA kits actually are 1025x1536 and guess what? It's enough).
I'd love to have better LOD settings (I've seen in PES 2014 PC players right behind of the one in the close-up having awful 3D models, and that's because of poor LOD settings) but it's been a problem Konami had also with other 7th gen games (players of the wall having "no face" during free kicks?) and even 6th gen ones (anyone remembers having to manually enable crowds in PES5/6 because they were off by default?) so I don't really expect them to fix it anytime soon.

no one asked bhatti why do they need november as release date for pes 2014 v2, pc version?

two extra months for a game that looks almost identical to previous installement?

they are doomed...

It's getting easier though. Things like GeForce Experience can optimise graphics settings for most mainstream games to suit your hardware. After a while it gets quite easy to know which settings do what. Also I find drivers rarely give me issues these days.

I agree its getting easier, metaphorically technology is moving so, so slowly because of corporate greed. The iphones are the biggest examples of this; The iphone 200 which could probably cook a 5 course meal while showing you every single recording or X factor ever at the same time while being able to play ps4 quality games! This is probably available now and much more, like touchscreen has been around since at least the 80's but they are making so much money from tiny upgrades each year why bother? They will release an iphone 7 or 8 with a few little upgrades and people would think its groundbreaking.

Xbox360 games should be easily available on handled devices and much more.

no one asked bhatti why do they need november as release date for pes 2014 v2, pc version?

two extra months for a game that looks almost identical to previous installement?

they are doomed...

why did we need to wait 1 year for any football game in the past after all?

Adam bhatti just confirmed that rain will be in pes2015 on the pc. Thanks a lot great Konami for throwing the hybrid race scraps off your table.

"The focus was accessibilty and quality"

Really?
You got a source?

That was actually one thing that I could imagine which would be a difference between PC and PS4 but if rain is on PC as well then the difference must be minimal or really graphic wise only.

And I´m sure mods gonna make it look even better than PS4 on PC.

Back
Top Bottom