Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

Deal Extreme are superb if you dont mind waiting a while for delivery, VERY cheap and always reliable.

Re: Nintendo Wii

Thanks man. Just got it all setup now. I just love pointing at the screen to do stuff :LOL:...now for accessories...

Thanks man. Just got it all setup now. I just love pointing at the screen to do stuff :LOL:...now for accessories...

Welcome to about 3 years ago! :LOL:

Nah good stuff - they get boring pretty quick IMO as there is just something not quite right. The controller is basic once you get over the novelty of the wiimote thing, the games arent very good (besides a handful), online is generally poor, graphics are bad etc.

It is a bit of a novelty machine and a decent compliment to a next-gen machine, but I rarely boot it up (even though its a 'special' version) and everyone i know who has one feels the same.

Best games though are Mario Kart, Wii Sports and Resort (the WM+ is ace to be fair), Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros.

I had some fun with the lesser appreciated games though - Mario Strikers is fun and our family had a right laugh with Deca Sporta over a few weeks.

You can pick up games very cheaply now, so I would recommend any of the following if you can pick them up for less than a tenner (which is likely if you trawl websites or places like Asda) - none of them will set the world alight, but they are (finally) good value for money:

Trauma Center (any version)
Battalion Wars
Metroid Prime
Wario Shaken Dimension
Monkey Ball
Bomberman (you can also get this from the online store)
Pang-ya Golf
House of the Dead (either 1,2&3 or Overkill) with the gun.

You can get some good games from the online store (virtual console) - if you register your console, and Nintendo published games, you'll get star points and you can convert these into credits for the virtual console.

I never got into any of those Smash Brothers games... but I think they are in Argos for £6.

In terms of accessories, the Mario Wheel and the House of Dead pistol are probably the only must haves, Gamecube pads are good for controllers for Virtual console games.

no worries, the hotukdeals site is pretty good at finding cheap wii games, they had the smash brothers at argos for £6 the other day.

there is a pretty good 'jenga' type game for the wii, which is quality... can't remember the name at the minute, but i'll try and find out. definitely one of the best wii games...

Boom Blox, or Boom Blox Party are the games your probably on about Jug, BBP is the 2nd game and the better game. Though reckon it would be best playing with someone, tis alright on your own, but gets kinda repetitive in the end, more so than other games which are all about repetition of course.

Boom Blox, or Boom Blox Party are the games your probably on about Jug, BBP is the 2nd game and the better game. Though reckon it would be best playing with someone, tis alright on your own, but gets kinda repetitive in the end, more so than other games which are all about repetition of course.

BBP is the one!

my and the gf love it, but as you said, it is definitely more of a multiplayer game...

Just bought

• Console
• Plug, video cables & wireless sensor
• Hard Drive (500Gb) with plug and usb connection
• 2 Controllers
• 2 Nunchucks
• Wii Fit Plus with Board

The console has been soft modded and is on firmware 4.2e. The console is able to play backup games and also games from a hard drive.
The hard drive that the console comes with contains the following games:
Alone in the Dark, Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None, Animal Crossing, Another Code: R,Resident Evil 0, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex, Cursed Mountain, Deadly Creatures, Dead Rising, Dead Space, EA Sports Active More Workouts, Agatha Christie’s Evil Under The Sun, Family Game Show, Family Ski & Snowboard, Fifa 2010, Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings, Juon, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack, MadWorld, Manhunt 2, Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime Trilogy, My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout, My Sims, My Sims Agents, My Sims Kingdom, My Sims Party, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Nights: Journey of Dreams, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2 – Desperate Struggle, Obscure 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, Punch Out, Raymen Raving Rabbids TV Party, Red Steel, Red Steel 2, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space, Samba DeAmigo, Scene It – Twilight, Sea Monsters, Secret Files 2 – Puritas Cordis, Silent Hill – Shattered Memories, Sin & Punishment 2, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & the Black Knight, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, Sonic Unleashed, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll, Super Smash Bros Brawl, The House of the dead 2 & 3 return, House of the Dead Overkill, Trauma Centre, Trauma Centre New Blood, The conduit, Wario Land Shake.

For £200.

Just bought

• Console
• 2 Controllers
• 2 Nunchucks

The console has been soft modded and is on firmware 4.2e. The console is able to play backup games and also games from a hard drive.
Alone in the Dark, Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None, Animal Crossing, Another Code: R,Resident Evil 0, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex, Cursed Mountain, Deadly Creatures, Dead Rising, Dead Space, EA Sports Active More Workouts, Agatha Christie’s Evil Under The Sun, Family Game Show, Family Ski & Snowboard, Fifa 2010, Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings, Juon, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack, MadWorld, Manhunt 2, Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime Trilogy, My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout, My Sims, My Sims Agents, My Sims Kingdom, My Sims Party, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Nights: Journey of Dreams, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2 – Desperate Struggle, Obscure 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, Punch Out, Raymen Raving Rabbids TV Party, Red Steel, Red Steel 2, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space, Samba DeAmigo, Scene It – Twilight, Sea Monsters, Secret Files 2 – Puritas Cordis, Silent Hill – Shattered Memories, Sin & Punishment 2, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & the Black Knight, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, Sonic Unleashed, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll, Super Smash Bros Brawl, The House of the dead 2 & 3 return, House of the Dead Overkill, Trauma Centre, Trauma Centre New Blood, The conduit, Wario Land Shake.

For £200.

That is what I call a deal!

Just bought

• Console
• 2 Controllers
• 2 Nunchucks

For £200.
You sexy bastard.

Just bought

• Console
• 2 Controllers
• 2 Nunchucks

For £200.

Great deal! You may just wanna check about updating the official firmware, as each time Ninty did it, it seemed to break soft-mods.

I'll PM you a good site.

Do I have to update to the latest firmware though? I'm still on 4.1 and all games still working.

It took me 2 months, playing everyday on my way to work, to complete the 369 levels of Picross 3D, without error. The addiction is over :D.
I need a new game now.

It took me 2 months, playing everyday on my way to work, to complete the 369 levels of Picross 3D, without error. The addiction is over :D.
I need a new game now.

Damn Tuta, your good man. I have only done about 100 with so far.

It is a great game!

I bought a Wii. I have to try Mario Galaxy! After the Mario games I'm planning to buy some of these games : "Muramasa, Madworld, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Punch Out, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Disaster, Red Steel 2, Resident Evil, Super Smash Bros, Zack & Wiki, Kororinpa".
But is there any good sport/racing games ?

Mario Kart? Other than that, forget it, no racing game worth a shit on there I reckon.

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS

Metroid Other M

Built like a classic Metroid with a bit more of action and a solid story. I really liked the fact that I died almost everytime I faced a new enemy.
The controls could have been a bit better, especially when you need to aim with the wiimote.
But overall, fantastic game.

9/10

Back
Top Bottom