PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Facepalm_by_Rolzor.gif
After update

asdasdad_zps053e0107.jpg

To be honest .. I'm not surprised .. Konami f%cked up everything this year, I did not expect ... to release an update to work without problems

I'm getting this too

You have eset antivirus? if yes, you mast disable protection end then run the game, for me working and no error.

Nope, it looks like it might be the PTE coach files in the save folder causing the problem for me, i have deleted them and have played 3 games with no crash.

i didn't notice any stamina changes. it's same as before.

also refs don't whistle anything now... now i'm ending offline games with zero fouls quite often.

The gameplay was really good, the new patch has tweaked it for the better too...

Slide tackling seems much better to me, refs are a little more lenient.

CPU doesn't keep possession as much

Keepers are a little better

Game feels a little more responsive, although i didn't really have lag issues on the previous version....

on a side note, is it me or is heading really tricky on manual?

Is this a bug or in game design?

Scored a goal while player was in offside by 2-3 meters.

Will try and post video in few minutes its baffling how it wasn't called offside.

Running steam version fully updated with PTE patch 3.0 and Juce 1.2 side selector.

I just played a game. 15 min halfs. Pro level.

ZERO fouls. Yes you heard it right... ZERO.

That's absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Goodbye PES 2015... have fun in the data heaven!

Thank God for PES5 and PES6.

I just played a game. 15 min halfs. Pro level.

ZERO fouls. Yes you heard it right... ZERO.

That's absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Goodbye PES 2015... have fun in the data heaven!

Thank God for PES5 and PES6.

i agree... no single foul yet.

with 1.01.00 and 1.01.01 there were few fouls per game, but now zero fouls.

what do they think? can someone ask them on social networks to fix it? last pes with fouls was pes 2013. this one is the worst in that regard.

I don't know guys, I played a few ML games and while fouls aren't frequent, they happen sometimes, for both sides. If anything referees seem to be less ridiculous than in earlier version of the game.

Speaking of fouls, it always makes me wonder when people complain about it. Yeah, entire lack of fouls is a problem (not that I've noticed it), but guys...what is a 15 minutes match, when in reality it's 90 minutes? You cannot just squeeze as many fouls as in real game, it would be just plainly uga-buga wrong.

You play game of 15 minutes, you get 10 fouls for each side. It was literally my only beef with PES 5 back in time. Getting five minutes added wasn't anything special for me, record was somewhere around eight - and it wasn't just me making the fouls, but also AI.

There are even real games that last 90 minutes and there are next to no fouls. And also, it's not like we play one match in PES a day, usually it's more, sometimes it's like a merry time playing Master League, few games in a row, and then you'd have more fouls if you combined say four or five games.

Guys, it's just a game. I don't try to justify KONAMI's actions in any way (hell no, in fact I feel sad how they really had a chance for glorious return but failed to deal with some important issues), but to me fouls ain't them. There are games where I score from free kicks, penalty kicks, sometimes both, sometimes concede...but you know, it would be just wrong expecting there to be like 5-10 fouls every damn game.

I know community expects a lot from the game because of its past, and potential it has, and I fully agree with that, but when it comes to issues like fouls I believe the only solution is just to watch the football game in TV or just go outside and play the real football, with friends.

If you don't concede fouls, maybe you're good at defending - but if you concede goals then maybe you're not risking enough?

If you get free kicks and penalty kicks then maybe you're good at baiting them out, or just play on the edge? I often try some risky, mad runs or passes and get fouled like that, when AI has literally no other choice, and that's how the fouls are often commited in football I believe. It's not like somebody fouls you to meet the fouls quota/limit for the match.

Remember guys, it's just a game, however good it is, it will never be like real football, no matter what shit programmers and designers will come up with.

Just my opinion on the matter. Speaking of 1.02 patch, no issues technically, game got slightly better, having a time of my life. I went back to PES 6 for a while (had to check something) and I just couldn't get myself to play more.

King is not back in my opinion, but a solid successor is in place. He needs to do something better, or maybe just wait and mature enough, to claim the throne.

Fouls per game in real football:

Bundesliga: 36.46
EPL: 24.63
La Liga: 37.41
Serie A: 35.09

Fouls per game in KONAMI soccer "simulation" (LOL).

ZERO.

Bye. See you next year. ;)

I know PES lacks of fouls by cpu ai, but imagine 10-15 mins game with 20-30 fouls.

I thin, also as a human player, i always try to minimize my foul as i can.. not to deliberately make foul for the sake of realism..

Fouls per game in real football:

Bundesliga: 36.46
EPL: 24.63
La Liga: 37.41
Serie A: 35.09

Fouls per game in KONAMI soccer "simulation" (LOL).

ZERO.

Bye. See you next year. ;)

Source? Any link for the data above?

Anyway, average of fouls in this four leagues is 33.38 (let's go with 33.4 for the sake of convienience).

Let's try to squeeze it in 15 minutes match in PES.

90 : 15 = 6.
33.4 : 6 = 5.57 (~5.6)

The result is, average of fouls in PES 2015 match should be total of 5.6 fouls for game. Total means, that fouls of both teams combined should equal 5 or 6, since you can't have 5.6 fouls in a football game.

Now you said that you have played ONE 15 minutes match and consider this a valid material to deny any fouls in the game, gg.

Also, take note you are playing on Professional - from my experience there is barely any pressure from AI (unless it's the first PES you are playing and we know it's not). I am playing on Super Star, which while isn't terribly hard, sometimes can be quite unfair and I understand why people avoid it.

But I played about 10 games in Master League in Ligue 1 with 1.02 patch (Auxerre, 4.5 stars) and overall I am around the average of fouls from this four leagues. Probably it's me getting more fouls overall, but still, every season I have a few goals from free and penalty kicks combined - with free kicks it's more of them being too easy rather than being good at it.

That mini-analysis also provides an answer to people complaning about lack of free kicks. If in average game we have (33.8) there are maybe two or three free-kicks for both sides where having a go at goal might actually have some sense (16-30 meters from goal), that's six for a match, which after maths makes barely one per game, not per team.

And this indeed happens to be the case, on average I am having one or two free kicks in 16-30 meters zone, sometimes for me, sometimes for opponents, it varies.

So there you go.

And just to tackle the SIMULATION topic. If you want a proper SIMULATION that SIMULATES everything that happens and influences a football match, then you need to include every factors that affect players performance. Consider adding to PES stuff like:

*CB from Team 1 had a bad day and beaten his wife today, so he is angry and wants to break somenone leg today. (Aggressiveness +150)
*LMF from Team 2 had to pay some debts today and club could not pay him this week, so he is hungry and deconcentrated. (-25 to all stats).
*GK from Team 1 just lost his favourite cat, Johhnie, who died after 11 years. He is sad and just doesn't want to play the game today (violet form/arrow down form).
*Manager of Team 2 had a good night with several Thai hookers and feels relatively adventurous today (picks 4-2-4 formation).

Now also take in account stuff like weather, humidity, quality of ball (maybe it doesn't have enough air), fans (maybe there is one player's crush there today and he feels extremely pressured), the club situation (maybe two players had a go at each other and atmosphere is shit), etc. etc.

Or maybe referee just had a terrible stomach ache and feels crap, thus making mistakes and giving out cards left and right.

You simply cannot make a perfect simulation of football game. It's not how it works. If you want to experience real football, go play it. Making it into a game is impossible.

If you would want to simulate something perfectly, you would have to include everything, every single factor that affects performance of anyone involved in how match goes which could go to as ridiculous examples as one I've presented.

I have many complaints about the game, yes, but not being a perfect simulation of real life football (one you see in TV or play yourself) is not one of them. Because it is simply impossible.

problem with the fouls exists in pes 2015 and you guys don't even try to hide it with some stats.

higher problem is that it got worse with 1.02 patch. i'm talking about offline play against CPU. no fouls at all now.

don't defend konami about this issue, we have old pes games, we have fifa and fouls are properly done. but not this time.

and why keeping it silenced?

problem with the fouls exists in pes 2015 and you guys don't even try to hide it with some stats.

higher problem is that it got worse with 1.02 patch. i'm talking about offline play against CPU. no fouls at all now.

don't defend konami about this issue, we have old pes games, we have fifa and fouls are properly done. but not this time.

and why keeping it silenced?

But who is hiding it? I played some Master League games and everything was as usual. As for old PES games, I played PES 6 for years, and believe me it is not hard to go through a game without a foul.

Maybe it's just that we are all playing differently. I like to risk. Instead of doing 100% effective things at all time I will try some ridiculous skill moves. Sometimes AI has no other option.

I am not saying that situation with fouls/referees is perfect. Only that I don't deem this issue major or gamebreaking to the point where I would stop playing the game.

And why would I defend KONAMI of all things? As I've said many times, there are issues, glaring issues that prevent the franchise from truly being back (mostly awareness and goalkeeper animations, but there's some more probably), but fouls - in my, personal experience - are not one.

And also, how is it silenced when we are just talking about it? :)

It's just, a man above me presented some data, some numbers, I went to investigate, and presented the results. That's all.

I think Anjin's point is very sensible. He takes the time to investigate and elaborate instead of jumping to conclusions like 'never going to play it again' etc. I played a lot of games this week (on professional). Some went on with very little fouls, some had a lot. Referees seem to differ, too. You have the nut-pickers and the laissez-faire types. I enjoy that very much.

The game obviously is not perfect, but it IS perfectly good fun. At least, for me.

Had a beautiful 0-0 match yesterday in which I volleyed a ball via the turf unto the crossbar... great stuff.

i agree... no single foul yet.

with 1.01.00 and 1.01.01 there were few fouls per game, but now zero fouls.

what do they think? can someone ask them on social networks to fix it? last pes with fouls was pes 2013. this one is the worst in that regard.

No fouls? This game should be called "Pro Foul Soccer 2015".
Every try to get the ball back from the opponent is foul. Game is still worst ever and unplayable. Maybe some April/May patch will make difference or PES 2016 at least.
fSK1z1.jpg

I see little variation between refs - they are too severe IMO. Many situations where the ball was fairly won, leading to a red card.

CPU fouls are 1 in 10, and they never get sent off.

The upside is that I'm learning to adapt.

ZERO for you.

And that should be the definite answer to whole debate. We are all playing differently, both when attacking and defeding, each player has his own style and way of accomplishing their goals, hence the effects.

It's simple as that.

And that should be the definite answer to whole debate. We are all playing differently, both when attacking and defeding, each player has his own style and way of accomplishing their goals, hence the effects.

It's simple as that.

I guess so. Apparently it's my playing style that doesn't give fouls. Same for MadBall I guess.

That's why it'd be ESSENTIAL to have a slider for referee strictness.

Even arcade game like FIFA has this. Why is it so difficult to put AI sliders into the game anyway? NHL and NBA games have had them since the 90'S.

I guess so. Apparently it's my playing style that doesn't give fouls. Same for MadBall I guess.

That's why it'd be ESSENTIAL to have a slider for referee strictness.

Even arcade game like FIFA has this. Why is it so difficult to put AI sliders into the game anyway? NHL and NBA games have had them since the 90'S.

Now that's a more reasonable way to approach the issue, isn't it? ;)

Just try to go to the town sometimes, risky dribble here, surprising run there, or simply try to hold the ball and annoy the AI with supreme control. Then they start commiting mistakes ;)

Just like in real football.

I haven't been playing recent PES games much, but either in 2013 or 2014 community-made (Jenkey?) FileLoader had a slider for referees right?

That's probably doable. Whether KONAMI will or won't...well, recent polls they shared with players on Twitter (before 1.02 patch, about Gks and myClub) is giving a glimpse of hope that they might start listening to community more often but...

...well, to be honest I'm just glad there is still an alternative to FIFA gameplay. I don't identify myself with KONAMI or consider a fan, it's more of a bussiness relationship. They provide me a game, I provide them the money.

Will KONAMI ever have some love to their people, I have a hard time trying to imagine it.

Maybe some of the glorious modders unlock the way to alter referees behaviour? Guess it's most likely scenario :D

But that might be a bit offtopicks talk. I am glad for what I have got, especially that vast majority of people expected a total failure :D

EDIT: On a absolutely unrelated note, anyone has problems with Live Update today? I get some errors, it always worked fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom