PES 2014 Bugs and Issues thread (PC, X360, PS3)

When you press the shooting button for set pieces, the thing goes to the max, whether you just tap or press it.

Pc Version
1.Catch up bug is extreme.
2.Button response is slow and sluggish
3.Most through passes on the wings go to the wrong player
4.Players inexplicably dummy from low crosses when you've pressed the shoot button
5.Player id is poor - turning with Iniesta is no different to turning with John Terry for example.

There are loads of things I love (no slowdowns for me) about the game but the over all sluggish/heavy nature is making it difficult for me to enjoy.

Last edited:
5.Player id is poor - turning with Iniesta is no different to turning with John Terry for example.

Finally someone writes about the real stuff, the PES core stuff..
But i dont think its Player ID, its the technical side..
I need to play with my posted settings yesterday more, felt so much better..

The "catch up"-bug or whatever you want to call it ruins the experience for me all by itself. Walcott can be clean through from the centre of the pitch by a few yards, only to be caught up by an old slow defender like Rio in 1 second. It's like your player's speed drops 50% with the touch of the ball. I realize you run faster without the ball, but this is by a ridiculous margin. Tapping RT for longer strides/pushes of the ball doesn't help either. The defenders catch up every single time.

Furthermore, using "manual" shooting, finishes/headers from crosses are absolutely useless. It's simply broken.

The game has massive potential, but I'm holding off playing anymore until these game-breaking bugs are dealt with in a patch.

When you press the shooting button for set pieces, the thing goes to the max, whether you just tap or press it.

Hello. :)

I've not noticed this behavior on PC or 360 demo, though the powerbar is alot quicker to power up than PES2013.

You using PC or a console version?

Non-gameplay related, but very annoying nonetheless. When you change camera type the radar reverts back to default.

League mode:
Lineup and formation reseting to default when starting the match.

Thanks guys for adding to this thread. If I could make a hopefully constructive criticism in general, if possible add as much info as you can, atleast which platform it happens on (PC, console), and describe with perhaps 3-4 lines what happens. Also state if it happens with 100% frequency or only randomly or in certain cases.

Ideally I'd like to be able to simply copy and paste your post into the opening post, but mainly with enough info other users can more easily check if they also have the problem, so keep aspect in mind (someone just reading it could reproduce the steps or situation when the problem occurs) when describing it if possible.

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys for adding to this thread. If I could make a hopefully constructive criticism in general, if possible add as much info as you can, atleast which platform it happens on (PC, console), and describe with perhaps 3-4 lines what happens. Also state if it happens with 100% frequency or only randomly or in certain cases.

Ideally I'd like to be able to simply copy and paste your post into the opening post, but mainly with enough info other users can more easily check if they also have the problem, so keep aspect in mind (someone just reading it could reproduce the steps or situation when the problem occurs) when describing it if possible.

Thanks again. :)

I'll try to make video of it
Here it is: (quality will get better after some time)
YouTube - PES 2014 lineup reset bug (PC)

Note i subbed out Bradley out of squad and when i started game he came back.

Last edited:
I'll try to make video of it
Here it is: (quality will get better after some time)
YouTube - PES 2014 lineup reset bug (PC)

Note i subbed out Bradley out of squad and when i started game he came back.

Well, not sure anyone could want more than that. Perfect my friend. Does this happen regularly, always, or rarely? If it happens all the time, does that mean that it is simply impossible to change the lineup, or does lineup changes from the pre-match screen (where you can change line-up aswell, also ball, kits etc) stick properly, but not changes made at the main League menu like the video?

I'll add it shortly, thanks for the excellent video, saves alot of text. :)

Well, not sure anyone could want more than that. Perfect my friend. Does this happen regularly, always, or rarely? If it happens all the time, does that mean that it is simply impossible to change the lineup, or does lineup changes from the pre-match screen (where you can change line-up aswell, also ball, kits etc) stick properly, but not changes made at the main League menu like the video?

I'll add it shortly, thanks for the excellent video, saves alot of text. :)

I don't have this bug in copa libertadores, i'll try set new league game and see what happens

why is replays on PC always in slow mo? Any way to change it?

Replays and cutscenes are capped at 30fps. That's the problem. Also, frame skipping is on by default just like v-sync and no settings are available for us to change them this year:CONFUSE:

Actually I mostly enjoy the first replay camera (the one that looks like its mounted on roof - eye bird?).

The rest is same old crap replay system from older PES.

Help!! i cant get settings to 1920x1080 and cant see the crowd at medium or high settings only low!! nightmare

I believe I read that using AntiAliasing in some instances messes with the crowd. Check your Graphic card settings and disable Antialiasing for PES if you enabled it, or it is enabled by default from your video settings.

As for the 1920x1080 settings missing, If you set the game to "low" details, OK the settings window, and then go back to settings.exe, the higher resolutions will be hidden. You then need to select "High" or "Medium" detail settings, OK the window, and then open it again. Then the higher resolutions, hopefully also your native 1080p setting, will be available again.

online seems to carry over button presses.

for example a pass off one player onto a player running into space, that player then kicks it when I have not done anything, anyone else notice this?

online seems to carry over button presses.

for example a pass off one player onto a player running into space, that player then kicks it when I have not done anything, anyone else notice this?

Not played online myself. Someone else mentioned that Kick-Off online also seems to double the button press, causing the player who receives the kick off to pass right away despite you only giving one button press for the actual kick-off?

Not played online myself. Someone else mentioned that Kick-Off online also seems to double the button press, causing the player who receives the kick off to pass right away despite you only giving one button press for the actual kick-off?

confirmed

my issues :

- Lack of fouls after physical contacts.
- Rematch option after online game, its simple, few lines of code.
- Friend request, where is it!? (PC)
- Helping dots during the set pieces, should be permanently off when playing online, at least during the free kicks, its way to easy find a way to the net.
- Lag input has to GONE, playing online with someone lagged, it terrible. Lag input + lag online = completely unplayable game, with no pleasure at all.
- Im not sure if opponent should be able to see which player you have manually taken control of, both in attack and defense. From the other hand, its giving more attack opportunities, for both.
- Attack / Defense levels should be back, cant live without it

TRY the NEW DRIVER from NVIDIA ( 327.23 WHQL )!

Big changes in terms of response, at least for me.
My rig is:

FX3850
GTX 760
8GB RAM

Much better gameplay with these drivers, try it for your self.
I'm pretty much sure this isn't a placebo.

- Players don´t shoot sometimes even when completely free...

- direct shots, I can´t count how often my players stopped the ball instead of shooting it directly. Trying to release the button just before the ball reaches the players, as others suggested, doesn´t work.

- Corners worthless due to this

- game start slowed down because of online check. Seriously Konami, why does it take so long and why do I have to press the fucking button everytime? Why do I have to press the button when I have the option for automatic online login selected?

- Goalkeeper bugs:

ball rolls over keeper, because he lies backwards on the ground, haven´t seen this in real life yet

the old "let´s punch the ball into the net" bug which is carried from PES 1,2,3,4,5,6,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 is still there. How did you manage to get this into the new version building it from scratch? Amazing!

Keepers react too slow when coming out of the box.

Keepers don´t roll off landing on the ground.

- Slow menus from hell, ugly.. did you have a look at the quick Fifa menus or any other game released the last 5 years? Who´s doing them for you? 12 year olds?

Back
Top Bottom