Fix to remove black bars on 16:10 monitors

bromi

Premiership
1 November 2014
Hi I struggled a lot to make pes work with my monito without the black bars; then I just tried to change pes settings from 1680x1050 (8:5) to 1680x900 (16:9) and ... IT WORKED.
I don't know if that is the only thing you need to change to get it worked, because I also had already changed before some of my graphic card settings. So try that; in case it doesn't work for you I'll tell you other settings that I tried together with that simple dumb adjustment

Obviously there are no black bars rendered in 16:9 because in all other aspect ratios the black bars are there to make the game appear in 16:9. On the other hand, you should configure your 16:10 monitor to maintain the input aspect ratio because otherwise the game appears stretched.

Obviously there are no black bars rendered in 16:9 because in all other aspect ratios the black bars are there to make the game appear in 16:9. On the other hand, you should configure your 16:10 monitor to maintain the input aspect ratio because otherwise the game appears stretched.

Is there a way to improve the aspect ratio?
Thanks to the file loader in 2014 I could set the correct aspect ratio in pes 2014. In this 2015 it looks a bit stretched but not so much as I expected with those settings (I also tweaked some settings in nvidia cp); I tried several other methods but no luck; only the file loader worked for me. Any suggestion to have no black bars and no stretch would be really welcomed

There's actual a fix:

If you want to play on 1650x1050 and you have black bars, you need to add a new resolution to your monitor.

Use the program "display changer" (or "CRU") to do that:
1. You need to multiply 1050 with the factor 1,78, so you get 1866.
2. the resolution you need is 1866x1050
3. add that resolution with display changer (or CRU) to you monitor (with 60fps)
4. restart your PC
5. change your desktop res. to 1866x1050
6. go to your PES 2015 settings.exe and change resolution to 1866x1050 and save it
7. Done! Go into your game and the black bars shouldn't be there anymore (the game is now a bit stretched)

Last edited:
There's actual a fix:

If you want to play on 1650x1050 and you have black bars, you need to add a new resolution to your monitor.

Use the program "display changer" to do that:
3. add that resolution with display changer to you monitor (with 60fps)
4. change your desktop res. to 1866x1050
5. go to your PES 2015 settings.exe and change resolution to 1866x1050 and save it
6. Done! Go into your game and the black bars shouldn't be there anymore (the game is now a bit stretched)

I had already tried that. It works with other games but not with pes. It won't let you select the new configuration!
And the settings.txt is encrypted so no way to add something there

I had already tried that. It works with other games but not with pes. It won't let you select the new configuration!
And the settings.txt is encrypted so no way to add something there

It worked for me!
It's important, that you change your desktop resolution, too.
Then you can select it in the settings.exe

EDIT: And I forgot, after you have added the new resolution, you need to restart your pc!

Last edited:
There's actual a fix:

Use the program "display changer" (or "CRU") to do that:
3. add that resolution with display changer (or CRU) to you monitor (with 60fps)
4. restart your PC
5. change your desktop res. to 1866x1050
6. go to your PES 2015 settings.exe and change resolution to 1866x1050 and save it
7. Done! Go into your game and the black bars shouldn't be there anymore (the game is now a bit stretched)

I will try that later, but doesn`t this resolution stretch the display in any way ( in other games for example or in windows)?

Last edited:
Ok thx I didn't change desktop resolution. I'll try.
But do I have to change desktop resolution only once to let pes "understand" it in his settings or do I have to leave desktop resolution at 1866x1050 anytime I run pes? Cru trick didn't work in fifa for me! It was all stretched

Ok thx I didn't change desktop resolution. I'll try.
But do I have to change desktop resolution only once to let pes "understand" it in his settings or do I have to leave desktop resolution at 1866x1050 anytime I run pes? Cru trick didn't work in fifa for me! It was all stretched

Noramlly, you have to let the desktop resolution at 1866x1050.

But I made it that way:
- change the desktop resolution to 1866x1050
- change the resolution in settings.exe to 1866x1050
- change the desktop resolution back to your old resolution

Now if you don't open the settings.exe again, while you have a other desktop resolution, the game saves the 1866x1050.

But if you open the settings.exe again with a other resolution, the game will change the resolution back to 1650x1050.

But I made it that way:

Now if you don't open the settings.exe again, while you have a other desktop resolution, the game saves the 1866x1050.

But if you open the settings.exe again with a other resolution, the game will change the resolution back to 1650x1050.

Thanks; I tried; don't even needed to use an external program; just used nvidia cp created a custom resolution; set the desktop to tthat resolution and it appeared in pes settings. But still stretched the same as 1680x945

But I made it that way:

Thanks; I tried; don't even needed to use an external program; just used nvidia cp created a custom resolution; set the desktop to tthat resolution and it appeared in pes settings. But still stretched the same as 1680x945 also at 1866x1050 or 1920x1080

that doesn't work on 5:4 monitors.

besides, running another tool in the background isn't any solution imho.

this must be somehow fixed within pes 2015 .exe or settings .exe,

that doesn't work on 5:4 monitors.

besides, running another tool in the background isn't any solution imho.

this must be somehow fixed within pes 2015 .exe or settings .exe,
It works for me fixed my 16:10. It's not in the background just edit the ini file adding a 5:4 monitor resolution that you want (1000x800?) run the app click load choose the new res, click save. run the game. It changes your desktop resolution while in game and restores it when you exit

Works for me too on my 16:10, still stretched though...bromi are you still getting a stretched look using this tool?

Works for me too on my 16:10, still stretched though...bromi are you still getting a stretched look using this tool?

I wouldn't know anymore :D
I have been playing so long this way that now looks ok to me.
Anyway I set the resolution to 1866x1050 so that should give you a better aspect ratio. In case you try tell me if you notice any difference.

I wouldn't know anymore :D
I have been playing so long this way that now looks ok to me.
Anyway I set the resolution to 1866x1050 so that should give you a better aspect ratio. In case you try tell me if you notice any difference.

:D I agree with you mate, 1866x1050 does seem to give the better aspect ratio, don't think its perfect, but it ain't bad, beats the boarders for me, for now. Hopefully somebody will make a tool to sort it out, never know that jenkey dude might do us all a favor soon.

:D I agree with you mate, 1866x1050 does seem to give the better aspect ratio, don't think its perfect, but it ain't bad, beats the boarders for me, for now. Hopefully somebody will make a tool to sort it out, never know that jenkey dude might do us all a favor soon.

Good! Yes last year with jenkey's fl was perfect

Back
Top Bottom