NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

Oh I see, I thought it was gonna be easier with playcalling but passing is horrible indeed the animations are deadly slow at times, I'm getting the fastbreak pass wrong a lot, which was my thing in 2K11.

Good news I'm getting used to the shot stick, which I barely used in 2K11, after I played the new tutorial that legends teach you the moves, that was a great idea.

I have faith a patch will fix these unbalancing things in the gameplay so I can start a proper my player, once the lockout is over too :)

Meanwhile I'll play association or something, but I'm definitely going for something unrealistic, maybe a fantasy draft with your prime players, that was great fun last year when I had prime Shaq :COOL:

I had the same problem early on. The thing with the fastbreak pass this year is that you have to pass it at the last second. Hopefully they patch it in a couple months or so.

My rosters are finally complete. Ideal rosters for a fantasy draft association. They contain everything I mentioned in previous posts. The biggest change is the new scale for inside, close and medium shots using information from hoopdata that goes all the way back to the 2007 season. You can download them at the link below.

http://depositfiles.com/files/e2w5f1ekz

OR

you can search by filename on 2kshare. The filename is Evo Web. This is probably the best option since you can load up the file and play whenever you want and don`t have to worry about the living rosters overwriting it.

I couldn't resist and bought the game again.
I have it since yesterday and IMO it's even better than last year's fantastic edition. There is only one thing wrong with this game...me.
I'm not very good at games, but in PES i reasonably good because i've played football myself and i thoroughly understand the game. Although i love to watch NBA basket, i've rarely played basket and i can't say i really understand how the game is played.
My question is the following: i want to get better and i'm searching a site/forum foor dummies like me...

I couldn't resist and bought the game again.
I have it since yesterday and IMO it's even better than last year's fantastic edition. There is only one thing wrong with this game...me.
I'm not very good at games, but in PES i reasonably good because i've played football myself and i thoroughly understand the game. Although i love to watch NBA basket, i've rarely played basket and i can't say i really understand how the game is played.
My question is the following: i want to get better and i'm searching a site/forum foor dummies like me...

Best advice I can give you is to start out playing a 2 man game with your PG and PF/C. Run pick and rolls and pick and pops in practice mode until you get the hang of things. Pick and pops work much better in this game than 2k11. The pick and roll was money in 2k11. Not so good this year as the passing leaves a lot to be desired. Mid-range pull up/step back jumpers just before the free throw line are also really effective. Drive to the lane and use the turbo and isomotion combination to get the best result. Also, shoot the ball if you're wide open behind the 3 point line with a player who has a 3 pt rating in the range of 70-99.

Go on YouTube and search for Steve Nash + Amare.

Hi Gerd, you can also watch Da Czar videos, there are lots of them and most of the 2k11 will be still good in terms of theory.

NBA basket is a lot simpler than euro basket, because individuality is much more important. A lot of plays simply try to have someone isolated. Going for the jump shots doing plays is also a fast way to get results. And practicing all the variables of pick and... really open up the game a lot.

Happy to hear you got this game, undoubtedly the best sports game.

I was telling you the same Gerd. Try out the training camp, I've learned a lot using it. Then, like Alexis said, those Da Czar videos are very useful. Personally, I've improved my post moves watching his vids, I barely scored with my PF/C but now I can do some nice stuff with them, specially with Amare (don't know why...)

Look at this one from 2K10:
YouTube - Nba 2k10 Czarisode3 The Postman Cometh

Nice clips Tobi. That should help out the newbs. I must say. The new DLC looks HORRIFIC!!!. Cell shaded graphics in 2012? 2k has lost the plot.

I have uploaded a new roster file (Evo Web 2.0) on 2kshare. The file solves the fast break and drive problem that is present with the default rosters. Speed and Quickness had to be re-rated on a new scale.

Other Updates
Dribble tendencies updates for all the `bigs` in the database. No more crazy dribbling moves by big men.
Drive Tendency updates for every player in the database.
Attack - Pass Out updates for every player in the database.
Shot Selection tendency updated for 90% of players in the database. Re-rated on a 100 point scale.
Usage (Touch Tendency) update for every player in the database. This is crucial if you have run plays set to 100.
Dunk Tendency updated for every player in the database.

I`ve also uploaded my all star sliders. Check them out since they are for use with this roster file.

Definitely gonna try it
I tweaked the sliders a bit and I'm loving the gameplay to be honest, its just sooooo smooth.
I've never touched tendencies though.
I'm sure a full edit like this will make this even better.

But I have a question, do you edit players stats too?
I mean kinda of sucks seeing Gilbert Arenas playing like years ago.

Definitely gonna try it
I tweaked the sliders a bit and I'm loving the gameplay to be honest, its just sooooo smooth.
I've never touched tendencies though.
I'm sure a full edit like this will make this even better.

But I have a question, do you edit players stats too?
I mean kinda of sucks seeing Gilbert Arenas playing like years ago.

My tendencies edits make it a whole new game. I can't go back to the default database after seeing all the mistakes that were present in it. Some player stats were edited to reflect abilities for players when they were in their prime. Although, I can make a current roster if that is the opinion of the majority. I'm just waiting for the season to be cancelled so I don't have to worry about starting from scratch with the rookies.

Oh its a players prime file, thats cool also.
Fantasy draft is the way to go then.
I did have an association with your file last year, wont mind doing it again, specially with the lockout.

But yea once I played 2k11 with everything tweaked I just could not comeback to default database.
These files must take ages to do though... remind me os PES Database days :COOL:

I haven't had the time to test it, but sounds splendid.

On the other hand, the announced DLC is pathetic, I'm a bit worried about the direction 2K may take with this franchise...

Review finally tried your file and it plays great, you fixed the fastbreak bs indeed, didn't happened to me once, CPU is taking open mid range now which is great.
My problem now is that I can't play my player with the sliders, cause I'm terrible with big men, I'm playing association with prefer PG position which makes it similar to my player but not the same though.
But is gonna be fun. My drafted team is 2nd in defense, but I think we are 30th in offense :LOL:

Glad you like it. You should really try the sliders though. I'll post them in here 2morrow. They make All Star diff level feel legit. You don't feel cheated. I usually run the point as well. Although, the Sixers move me to SG every now and then during the game. Never tried playing as a "Big". I wonder how picks work when you're a PF/C. Looks like the lockout is over so we finally get rookies and possibly Allen Iverson in free agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to say I played with your sliders already, they are there in the 2K Share aren't they?
It played really fair but I was fouling every CPU shot cause I can't defend properly in the paint yet. I might tweak the foul slider a bit for now.

OMG I was editing the roster and saving them in a separated file, but once I loaded it it went back to default.
How the hell do I save my edits? I lost a ton of players edit.

Ya, my sliders are up on 2kshare. I have made some tweaks to them though as I found that the computer was averaging about 10 more FTA per game than me. I made some changes there and a few other areas.
About the roster save issue you are having. Make sure you turn Living Roster off in settings. However, you still might have to load the roster you are working on every time you play 2k. Once you`re done the edits upload it and then download it. Don`t play online until you`re done the edits.

The new roster is out. Not bad. Missing some transactions though. I have also uploaded my new all star sliders on 2k share. The file is called Evo Web 2.0

@ sauce: Hopefully they patch the fastbreaks and make speed actually mean something with the default rosters.

The patch is out in Europe guys. Pretty big. about 40 MB. I can`t find notes on the patch though so I have no idea what they fixed.

They definitely haven't fixed the speed catch up logic, that is putting me off this game.

This and the fact that shots seem to be, more than ever, tied to some absurd logic, so in My Player I can score 70% of 3 pointers if the 3 pointer it's part of a play. On the other hand, if I'm with the ball and go to the 3 points line completely alone and shoot by myself, not being part of any play or pick, then the % drops to 20. Nuts.

so in My Player...

This is the key to your answer, My Player is absolutely bs again.

I don't know why but they seem to tweak the gameplay so your player get over involved whether is on offense or D

Seriously test yourself, create a similar player in regular mode and play any other mode with same settings, default sliders included, and with the position locked to your created player.

It will feel like a different game almost none of the regular My Player bs will happen. To solve that problem I'm just skipping My Player this season, last year it had the same engine too, but I was new to the game world and I had patience, not to mention it was the first thing I played.

Back
Top Bottom