NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

They're investing in shitty things in the last 2 years and none of the critical problems seems to be getting any care. It's getting Fifa-esque. I will pass as I already loath 2k12 for a series of reasons.

Don't get me started with the guitar hero shit...

Wish they'd consider to put euroleague/national teams. With their ability to input lifelike atmosphere i'd love to play in this arena :
YouTube - Heartbreaking Partizan

Yes there is total conversion mods with NT's, euroleague teams, but since gameplay only orientated to nba it lacks its atmosphere, gameplay style and signature moves.

2K62612.jpg

Decent box art.

Doing a Fantasy Draft association has brought this game back to life for me :D I'll post up my team later - I gave myself No. 1 pick though; drafted LBJ, of course. :SMUG:

I've started playing again too. I'm using current up-to-date rosters and placing every player on a legend team who has not been inducted into the HOF into free agency i.e. Shaq, Payton, Kemp etc. However, I did throw Penny on the Magic, C-Webb on the Kings, and T-Bug on the warriors.:)) I was bored after doing an association with the Heat. There are so many things you can do with the roster to keep the game fresh. Maybe I'll try fantasy assoc even though it has never appealed to me.

In 2K11 I had a fantasy draft team, with your classic rosters Review, and a normal one as well. In 2K12 I still have barely played association.
But to be honest I still gonna play it, unless 2K13 comes BIG, I'm gonna keep 2K12 and play loads of modes I have not played.
My main problem with lately 2Ks has been My Player, its always cheesy and buggy, yet is the mode that attracts me the most.
And whenever I play any other regular mode, its just so different, it involve more your team and I love it, I just been waiting on a roster to start a new association.

Some with the latest trades and rookies, but that might take a while right?
I don't know, I might just get an half made one and let free agents signing happen. Or even do a fantasy draft.

Ya, I would probably do all the free agent trades and contract adjs after July 11 then start one. Forget the rookies.

Good price. Time to get a good gaming PC because that 250+ team roster that was just released for NBA 2k12 looks fantastic.

2K13 is executive produced by Jay Z, he's chosen the soundtrack (looks good) and had a say in the overall look and presentation of the game.

2K13 is executive produced by Jay Z, he's chosen the soundtrack (looks good) and had a say in the overall look and presentation of the game.

And thats the promised "biggest announcement in 2k history" ?

:FAIL:

HERES THE SOUNDTRACK

The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
Eric B. and Rakim: “I Ain’t No Joke”
Phoenix: “1901”
Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
Kanye West: “Amazing”
Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
Nas: “The World is Yours”
Coldplay: “Viva La Vida”
Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
Justice: “Stress”
Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
Kanye West: “We Major” (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
Mobb Deep: “Shook Ones, Pt. II”
Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
U2: “Elevation”
Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)

What the hell 2k smoking ?

YouTube - Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move (2009)

:SHOCK:

Last edited:
When companies hype up news its usually a anything but.

Ronnie2K says get aboard the hype train, he also says the developer insights this year will be videos. They'll show us the difference between the old and the new.

I hope FIBA teams are included in 2K13, I've got the itch.

I doubt we'll see fiba teams in nba 2k games because EA has license in those teams. Euroleague clubs would be more possible, but unlikely to happen i think. Like posted previously i really wish they'd do them. Euroleague has much more excitment than nba regular season and bball level of its top teams is definitely on par with nba playoff contenders atleast.

Regarding gameplay i hope they won't screw up like they did with 2k12. Installed up 2k11 again and it fundamentaly way superior basketball simulator than 2k12 its unbelievable.

In that case I hope FIBA have a get out clause in the contract, NBA Live is currently MIA.

I've started my first Association, can anyone please explain to me the different play types (in playbooks -> assign plays)? I did a fantasy draft so I assume they're not automatically assigned the best way for my team. I have no idea what the different play types are and what types should go with each kind of player.

For example, I picked Lebron James as my first pick, what should his #1 priority play type be?

Back
Top Bottom