FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Playing default Fifa with halves bigger then 10 mins and to me those stats wouldn´t be surprise at all.
People just don´t believe anyone that can actually play this game.
Sometimes people complain about big results etc etc... Just watch yesterdays Champion League highlights. If those results were on a game, no matter wich, people would moan "Bayern won 1-7 to Roma,noooo that´s not possible" and about other weeks "How the hell would Real Madrid struggle against Ludogorets? Bah this game sucks..." Yep, to me I still haven´t seen statistics that bad as some people try to show here. And still, its just a game!

Playing default Fifa with halves bigger then 10 mins and to me those stats wouldn´t be surprise at all.
People just don´t believe anyone that can actually play this game.
Sometimes people complain about big results etc etc... Just watch yesterdays Champion League highlights. If those results were on a game, no matter wich, people would moan "Bayern won 1-7 to Roma,noooo that´s not possible" and about other weeks "How the hell would Real Madrid struggle against Ludogorets? Bah this game sucks..." Yep, to me I still haven´t seen statistics that bad as some people try to show here. And still, its just a game!
I think the score is the last thing I look at when it comes to judgement. It's all about how were the goals scored. FIFA is built around exploits due to poor programming. Some of them for the CPU (man marking) and some for the user (burst). Some are not exploits at all though, like default line height is too low when combined with the default marking value.

FIFA requires some, unfortunately, significant fine tuning to make it play what we see on tv or in person. PC guys have it best with INI and DB modifications, while the console guys can get a good representation with sliders, but it will come down to what sacrifices are you willing to make.

My most recent Beta slider set is based on Djp's theory on sprint speed from my twitch stream and that alone is already making a huge difference. The sacrifice though is that I have to lay off the sprint button a bit more, defensively and offensively.

From the sliders thread:

We had a breakthrough yesterday, and it was pretty exciting. I'm pretty damn tired this morning, so I wont' go into too much detail.

Thanks, and credits, needs to go to DJPacman who was on TwitchTv last night. He made the suggestion to try Sprint Speed @ Zero.

So we did, and from there, it was a whole new game.

With Sprint Speed this low, we were able to finally see :

- More physicality than ever by the CPU
- Freedom to change Marking value without ADD (Attention Deficit Defending)
- Pass Variety
- No burst exploit
- Able to play on Slow gamespeed

So the Version 10 Beta below is to be tried. Keep in mind you will see the following:

- Players will jog sooner, so Sprinting should be used sparingly
- The animation to jog will occur sooner, do not be tempted to raise Spritn Speed as this will throw everything off. Even putting it @ "2" allows the Burst exploit to Return
- Switching back to slow is to compensate for the pace of play a bit, Normal speed can be used as well
- Fatigue will still occur, this has been proven now that it is based on Acceleration value

Version 10 Beta - 10/22/14 @ 8:45am CST.
10-15 Mins, World Class (only tested so far), Slow, Semi Assist or Manual, doesn't matter

Sprint: 1/1
Acceleration: 48/48
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 60/60
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 55/55
Injury Frequency: 60/60
Injury Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 30/30
Marking: 80/80 *to be tested further, but plays well*
Run Frequency: 20/20 *to be tested further*
Line Height: 70/70
Line Length: 42/42
Line Width: 32/32
FB Positioning: 100/100
FT Control: 80/80

Thoroughly, and truly, HATE this game online. Like no FIFA ever before it.

Played a game of Ultimate Team, got tonked 5-1. Okay, whatever. Stuck with it to the end to get the coins.

Get a "server is down" message after the game. Get kicked back to the main menu, and the news feed has been updated to say I just lost 5-1, so EA, you know what the result was.

Yet Ultimate Team tells me I quit the game and has taken coins away from me.

"HOW COULD I HAVE FUCKING QUIT AFTER THE FINAL WHISTLE?" I cry.

How others can hone in on my players I don't know. But everyone has 85+ rated players, and I'm never going to play enough to get enough coins to get to that point - ESPECIALLY not when the game takes them off me and wastes 20 minutes of my fucking life for no fucking reason.

Someone at EA wants bollocking over this game, sorry but there's less skill involved online than ever before for the average player (i.e. no interest in playing manual and all that jazz) because of the changes to the defending model.

Great against the CPU with heavy slider changes. Piss poor online.

And folks say assisted leads to unrealistic football - check out those pass accuracy stats in a manual seasons match! lol

k2BudCc.jpg

Worst game ever. Granted it was in the rain, and man is it hard in the rain this year. Still, this is Div 5 in Seasons, you'd think we'd at least hit 50%!

Don´get me wrong Matt10 and others alike. I´ve been following your work on Fifa and PES as well for the last years and I could only take my hat off for the commitment you all have done so far.
Still, for me and ONLY for me, this game is the best ever. I wish you could understand it the way I do, but I also understand this can´t please everyone out there.

Thing is every single soccer game in the last years has bring so many problems with you guys behind them trying to get them better... I just got tired and I have looked upon the problems and chose to ignore them, and truth is, this Fifa is a game where you can actually ignore, once you realize you can´t waste time trying to find the perfect thing. Leave it to the developers, you are going in a endless rage mode expecting the unexpected. Just enjoy what there´s to enjoy. I´m having lots of fun enjoying this out of the box, I don´t want to waste time trying to work in something I payed for already. Even from the coments so far I see this game offers things people were always complaining about, and now people complain about things they didn´t used to before... Buyers are never happy about the product, they always look to the bad things instead...

Its just a personal choice... I chose to have fun... I´m 36. Enough with the dreaming already. Its like, as good as the game might be, its becoming worse and worse, and that´s not the case. Yes some marketing issues could be better, but damn, this is a great NG game! Like so many others!

And folks say assisted leads to unrealistic football - check out those pass accuracy stats in a manual seasons match! lol

k2BudCc.jpg

Worst game ever. Granted it was in the rain, and man is it hard in the rain this year. Still, this is Div 5 in Seasons, you'd think we'd at least hit 50%!

Doesn't this mean you are just both shit at manual?

It being more realistic doesnt mean it will miraculously automatically give you the average pass completion stats in real life football.

Its based on your ability at manual along with the players you have at your disposal.

Just because you put a league 3 player in a premiership game in real life it doesn't mean his passing will match to those premiership players around him.

If your crap at manual then your passing stats will be shit :PP

(Just a dsclaimer here, i am not great at manual, but I just find your statement/argument weird)

Manual games aren't necessarily more realistic but they can prevent you from playing less of an unrealistic game, as some people do on fully assisted settings. Generally it will slow the game down in comparison to an assisted game and that's probably it's strongest benefit.

manual also completely opens the pitch up as it allows you to play the ball into what space you want rather than to feet as footballers do all the time. I used to be a full manual player but now i am all manual with the exception of semi passing as at times it was very difficult to string very short passes together on manual

I agree and I also think that semi or assisted shooting is opened up more because the ball is going on less of a rail compared with a fully assisted pass so the player is approaching/hitting the ball from differing angles so you might see a wider variety of shot trajectories and animations, regardless of whether the shooting is manual. The variety may come from the position of the ball being more free than necessarily the fact that shooting is on manual.

Thoroughly, and truly, HATE this game online. Like no FIFA ever before it.

Played a game of Ultimate Team, got tonked 5-1. Okay, whatever. Stuck with it to the end to get the coins.

Get a "server is down" message after the game. Get kicked back to the main menu, and the news feed has been updated to say I just lost 5-1, so EA, you know what the result was.

Yet Ultimate Team tells me I quit the game and has taken coins away from me.

"HOW COULD I HAVE FUCKING QUIT AFTER THE FINAL WHISTLE?" I cry.

How others can hone in on my players I don't know. But everyone has 85+ rated players, and I'm never going to play enough to get enough coins to get to that point - ESPECIALLY not when the game takes them off me and wastes 20 minutes of my fucking life for no fucking reason.

Someone at EA wants bollocking over this game, sorry but there's less skill involved online than ever before for the average player (i.e. no interest in playing manual and all that jazz) because of the changes to the defending model.

Great against the CPU with heavy slider changes. Piss poor online.

Yeah UT online is not my thing either.

It was fun at first to build up a team according to chemistry, collect coins by playing offline seasons and tournaments and by trading.
But somehow I´m done with this.

The overall idea of FUT is fine. I like the large amount of details and possibilities it offers.

But it gets quite ruined by online gaming or at least 95% of the users playing it.

Had 3 online matches FUT, having players like Defoe, Lennon, Lampard, Green (GK), Lescott, Gibbs, Johnson etc but it seems that´s way too less.
Opponents came up with Bale, Messi etc etc, not really a chance.
Wanted to skip online completely.

But then I played a few matches online with regular teams and it was quite fun and a lot different than FUT, no speed whoring and stuff.

Guess it´s best to play against people you know or play in a community because there always will be people abusing every flaw of the game, no matter whether it´s FIFA or PES.

One thing I absolutely love is the mini- games pre kick off. I hardly ever skip it and sometimes lose out on my limited game time just to take off honomes records.

Tried the cross challenge yesterday and probably kept myself busy for about 30mins trying to get it into that bucket.

Steal this Konami!

Hold up, they're growing on me, and your stamina burns up if you sprint too much. This could be the shit for me, V9 made it so good but this could be it.

Doesn't this mean you are just both shit at manual?

It being more realistic doesnt mean it will miraculously automatically give you the average pass completion stats in real life football.

Its based on your ability at manual along with the players you have at your disposal.

Just because you put a league 3 player in a premiership game in real life it doesn't mean his passing will match to those premiership players around him.

If your crap at manual then your passing stats will be shit :PP

(Just a dsclaimer here, i am not great at manual, but I just find your statement/argument weird)

Yep, if you were to only consider this one match, yeah you could infer that we're both absolute shit at manual. And I'm certainly not great at manual, but this was extremely poor. I kinda feel like there's something off with rain games and manual - I'll usually average in the 70s in online manual matches but in rain games, I'm just horrendous.

But the other point is that manual passing settings are not necessarily more realistic than assisted, which is a point I've been making for years. This isn't saying there aren't clear benefits to playing manual - it's more challenging, it provides greater freedom, and it can have the indirect effect of making matches play out in a more realistic fashion, in some ways at least.

But there's a flip side to manual. It can make top teams look like Sunday league teams in the passing game. Short, simple passes are often harder, and riskier, than long through passes, giving a disadvantage to passing teams, while it encourages excessive dribbling or just spamming grounded through passes. Player passing stats are diminished at the expense of increasing the influence of user aim.

Personally, imo the best passing setup is one in which short easy passes are set to assisted or semi, and long through passes and lofted balls are set to manual. That to me would give the best of both worlds, and if this were the default setup, you'd take away a lot of the worst aspects of online play, because you'd put greater emphasis on build up play while making the highlight-reel passes more rare and thus more rewarding.

***Edit: I should note that I'm talking about playing at default sliders and that I understand that the various popular manual slider sets make manual much easier and more viable by slowing the game down. Again, I'm only talking about default FIFA (yes Placebo, I play vanilla FIFA).

Last edited:
Yeah its nice to see goals like that. They happen in real life and should happen now and again in the game too.

Personally, imo the best passing setup is one in which short easy passes are set to assisted or semi, and long through passes and lofted balls are set to manual. That to me would give the best of both worlds, and if this were the default setup, you'd take away a lot of the worst aspects of online play, because you'd put greater emphasis on build up play while making the highlight-reel passes more rare and thus more rewarding.

EA could actually just ban 'Assisted' everything from online, leaving the default as:

Semi (passing, crossing, shooting)
Manual (through balls, long passes)

Super easy, huge impact, never going to happen in a million years. :COAT: I think I'd actually cry if EA announced that for FIFA 16. Sad because it's nowhere near what I'd actually choose myself - completely removing assisted, semi, and manual, and starting again.

Last edited:
35 league games through my first CM season (Legendary, not paying manual, default sliders, PS4) as Villa and I've already won the title and have a 13 point gap (I'm on 88pts, Chelsea on 75).

Much prefer the gameplay of FIFA 14 to this year, atleast that took me time to figure out how to play. To beat the AI this year all you need to do is dribble with someone quick or agile and use super cancel when you want to change direction, it's pathetically easy to dribble. Then once your through on goal just run towards the near post and finesse at the near post. And with defending I just let the AI play it to the wings and block all inside/ backwards passes so they run the ball towards the corner. Unless it's a 4/4.5/5* team they'll just get to the touch line and put in a shit cross. I miss the difficulty of FIFA14 (which wasn't hard on legendary by any means but I feel like FIFA15 was purposely dumbed down and made more arcadey).

I'm not hating the game or anything like that, it's just a bit bland. I haven't tried seasons/online friendlies yet, hopefully that will change my mind.

is there any option to change default turf pattern of a team??many teams have wrong turf pattern (barca,chelsea)

35 league games through my first CM season (Legendary, not paying manual, default sliders, PS4) as Villa and I've already won the title and have a 13 point gap (I'm on 88pts, Chelsea on 75).

Much prefer the gameplay of FIFA 14 to this year, atleast that took me time to figure out how to play. To beat the AI this year all you need to do is dribble with someone quick or agile and use super cancel when you want to change direction, it's pathetically easy to dribble. Then once your through on goal just run towards the near post and finesse at the near post. And with defending I just let the AI play it to the wings and block all inside/ backwards passes so they run the ball towards the corner. Unless it's a 4/4.5/5* team they'll just get to the touch line and put in a shit cross. I miss the difficulty of FIFA14 (which wasn't hard on legendary by any means but I feel like FIFA15 was purposely dumbed down and made more arcadey).

I'm not hating the game or anything like that, it's just a bit bland. I haven't tried seasons/online friendlies yet, hopefully that will change my mind.
Sounds like you need some sliders my friend. That issue you have with the ease of dribbling is due to the "burst" exploit. Go to the sliders thread and pick out a set that suits you. I've made sure my sliders negate the burst as it is the number one game breaker for me.

Yeah I tried your sliders and enjoyed them, but playing on slow speed looks a bit silly at times, if I changed the gameplay speed back to normal would that fuck up all the work of your sliders?

the kick off bug is now getting me down..i have even tried +3 accel and +3 sprint for the ai and you can still get past the ai defense from kick off..needs to be sorted

I saw the hi-vis ball in an online seasons match I played yesterday, but for some unknown reason they've not put it in the catalogue yet (it barely has anything in it atm).

Back
Top Bottom