So - what older version are you playing?

Matt10

International
5 February 2004
It seems PES 14 has all but been buried, yeah? I tried it for a bit last couple of days and even with Yair's patches it just never felt or looked good.

So - what versions of PES are you playing then? Or has everyone gone nex-gen FIFA?

I installed PES 10 and PES 11 last night - and have been enjoying myself with Smoke's patch for PES 11 actually. Hard to find files that aren't on moddingway though - so it's been a bit of a challenge getting gameplay right - but being a veteran stats editor for gameplay - I've overcome that issue :)

Here's hoping....PES 15...is playable. I miss the energy and activity a quality game seems to lift up here on Evo around this time of the year.

Two days ago I reinstalled PES 2011.
I very much enjoyed through ball, lofted pass, goalnet physics ... and other little things that I had forgotten.

Now I'm looking for some gameplay patch (Jenkey or Yair, for example).
Any advice?

Well i play PES 6 online.. for me the best Football game to date , and offline i play PES 2013, Master league and multiplayer with friends, is fun , but for online is nighmare .

PES 2012 for sure. Love the shooting. You can't hit the target with power from any distance with any player every time, unlike PES 2014.

Two days ago I reinstalled PES 2011.
I very much enjoyed through ball, lofted pass, goalnet physics ... and other little things that I had forgotten.

Now I'm looking for some gameplay patch (Jenkey or Yair, for example).
Any advice?

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2438797&postcount=1038

Yes, here is yair's thanks to Nesa for uploading. The Gamefront doesn't work, so here is the mediafire which is still alive:

http://www.mediafire.com/?irpjnhx34vg0tjt

I made my own global edits just to get it playing a bit more sharp:

Dribbling (hidden attributes you will see when you global adjust, comes after all the player cards) = TRUE

Tactical Dribble = TRUE

1-Touch Play = TRUE

That's it - I also untucked all shirts globally - but yeah, this has the game playing just where I'd like it to be. I had issues with the CPU just dribbling right into each other, etc - so those two edits should help significantly.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2438797&postcount=1038

Yes, here is yair's thanks to Nesa for uploading. The Gamefront doesn't work, so here is the mediafire which is still alive:

http://www.mediafire.com/?irpjnhx34vg0tjt

I made my own global edits just to get it playing a bit more sharp:

Dribbling (hidden attributes you will see when you global adjust, comes after all the player cards) = TRUE

Tactical Dribble = TRUE

1-Touch Play = TRUE

That's it - I also untucked all shirts globally - but yeah, this has the game playing just where I'd like it to be. I had issues with the CPU just dribbling right into each other, etc - so those two edits should help significantly.

Thank you. I'll try it ASAP:WORSHIP:

I'm always looking for the most competitive AI.
So I remember that the PES version which was more satisfying in this department, was PES 2009 (PS2).

I haven't tried PES 5 nor 6 on PC, because apparently those versions are not compatible with the modern PC hardware/software. Any ideas on how I can download and run those versions on PC?

I haven't tried PES 5 nor 6 on PC, because apparently those versions are not compatible with the modern PC hardware/software. Any ideas on how I can download and run those versions on PC?

Why wouldn't they be compatible?

I have no problems with PES5 and PES6 on modern hardware. I don't have Windows 8 though, as I don't want intentionally install crap and look for problems.

WE9/LE here. Very similar with PES 5. Working good and the challenge is quite big, though I always win on the possesion stats. Just wish CPU could be a bit more ball keeper sometimes.

YouTube - PES 2011 better than PES 2014 with these Global Edits!

I've managed to get the CPU playing right on PES 2011. More focus on team sliders than anything, but definitely 3 important ones for player edits. Have a shot with the global editor:

RESPONSE = 99
AGGRESSION = 99
BALANCE = 99

A/D AWARENESS = SOLELY DEF MINDED
COVERING = TRUE

PLAYER SUPPORT = 100
SUPPORT RANGE = 100
POSITION SWITCH = 0
PRESSING = 100
COMPACTNESS = 0

UNTUCKED SHIRTS = TRUE

Response is 99 because before the defensive line just would not react to a player getting past the midfield until the def line reached their designated "spot" - hence they would drop back constantly. I tried the available gameplay patches and even remember addressing this with one of the editors - that didn't make a change to this. This was a deal breaker for me because it just isn't realistic at all. Aggression @ 99 for the same reason as well, the players need to be forced out of their position (this is after using every "skill" card that was available) - and the aggression level dictates that. Balance @ 99 is very important to combat the dribbling stumble animation that I grew to hate.

A/D Awareness is important because on default, despite formation/tactics, the CPU is all about go go go with through balls, etc. Now, they will take their time more realistically and play the ball back. Bear in mind, A/D Awareness compliments the Team Settings though - one doesn't work without the other - same goes with Skill Card "Covering" @ True.

The only thing I am still deciding between is PRESSING @ 100 or @ Zero. Not quite sure yet as because the defensive minded A/D I've seen the DEF line start to drop back to hit their designated spot again with it @ 100. So out of everything, that's my goal is to address that next.

PES 2011 was by far the next best thing to WE9LE/PES5/PES6 honestly. It's got the graphics, and physics as a core that really just wasn't given enough of a fair chance.

edit: Most up to date of what I'm using. Tones down the pressure a bit more and keeps CPU attack at a bit more variety.

RESPONSE = 99
AGGRESSION = 99
BALANCE = 99
PLAYER SUPPORT = 100
SUPPORT RANGE = 100
POSITION SWITCH = 0
PRESSING = 100
COMPACTNESS = 0
COVERING = TRUE
COVERING: Removed from CB, SB, DMF
MAN MARKING: all SB, CB, DMF, AMF and CMF
BOX TO BOX: all SMF
Removed from all DMF
ENFORCER: Applied to all DMF
Removed from CB
UNTUCKED SHIRTS = TRUE

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they be compatible?

I have no problems with PES5 and PES6 on modern hardware. I don't have Windows 8 though, as I don't want intentionally install crap and look for problems.

I downloaded PES 6 a couple of days ago, and when I tried to run it on Windows 7, it gave some compatibility issue message.

YouTube - PES 2011 better than PES 2014 with these Global Edits!

I've managed to get the CPU playing right on PES 2011. More focus on team sliders than anything, but definitely 3 important ones for player edits. Have a shot with the global editor:

RESPONSE = 99
AGGRESSION = 99
BALANCE = 99

COVERING = TRUE

PLAYER SUPPORT = 100
SUPPORT RANGE = 100
POSITION SWITCH = 0
PRESSING = 100
COMPACTNESS = 0

UNTUCKED SHIRTS = TRUE

Response is 99 because before the defensive line just would not react to a player getting past the midfield until the def line reached their designated "spot" - hence they would drop back constantly. I tried the available gameplay patches and even remember addressing this with one of the editors - that didn't make a change to this. This was a deal breaker for me because it just isn't realistic at all. Aggression @ 99 for the same reason as well, the players need to be forced out of their position (this is after using every "skill" card that was available) - and the aggression level dictates that. Balance @ 99 is very important to combat the dribbling stumble animation that I grew to hate.

A/D Awareness is important because on default, despite formation/tactics, the CPU is all about go go go with through balls, etc. Now, they will take their time more realistically and play the ball back. Bear in mind, A/D Awareness compliments the Team Settings though - one doesn't work without the other - same goes with Skill Card "Covering" @ True.

The only thing I am still deciding between is PRESSING @ 100 or @ Zero. Not quite sure yet as because the defensive minded A/D I've seen the DEF line start to drop back to hit their designated spot again with it @ 100. So out of everything, that's my goal is to address that next.

PES 2011 was by far the next best thing to WE9LE/PES5/PES6 honestly. It's got the graphics, and physics as a core that really just wasn't given enough of a fair chance.

edit: Most up to date of what I'm using. Tones down the pressure a bit more and keeps CPU attack at a bit more variety.

RESPONSE = 99
AGGRESSION = 99
BALANCE = 99
PLAYER SUPPORT = 100
SUPPORT RANGE = 100
POSITION SWITCH = 0
PRESSING = 100
COMPACTNESS = 0
COVERING = TRUE
Removed from all DMF
Removed from CB
UNTUCKED SHIRTS = TRUE

So are you having fun with this? What patch you´re using?
Do you consider this to be better then older pes?

So are you having fun with this? What patch you´re using?
Do you consider this to be better then older pes?

I am loving it. I wouldn't say it's "better" than any older PES - nostalgia in mind of course - but if you're looking for a touch of updated graphics and physics - this set up is not bad at all. I do indeed feel like it's up there with PES 5 and beyond though.

I am loving it. I wouldn't say it's "better" than any older PES - nostalgia in mind of course - but if you're looking for a touch of updated graphics and physics - this set up is not bad at all. I do indeed feel like it's up there with PES 5 and beyond though.

I think this:

PES 2011 has a CPU "intelligent, humane and realistic", within the limits of a game for almost 4 years old.

I refer, for example, to the defense, that throws the ball out if it is forced, and makes no trained monkey tricks like PES 2014.

The midfielders who think before they strike up an attack action.

The contrasts between the players: That are properly evaluated by the referee, and often can arise from a tackle interesting playing situations (favorable or unfavorable).

The same can be said for the rebounds of the ball, unpredictable.

Goalkeeper animation: No dive dolphin if it is not necessary.

These are the first things that come to mind, and I think that, over the years, these and other things have been lost, unfortunately.

So we welcome all your changes and experiments, Matt,:WORSHIP: hoping that the next PES we are all agreed

just a thought on the commentary:
currently I have on my PC: PES 2011, 2013, 2014.
Well, the commentary (Italian - Pierluigi Pardo) is richer on PES 2011 than PES 2013.
PES 2014? never mind, very few sentences, and no new, all copied from the old commentary.

I think this:

PES 2011 has a CPU "intelligent, humane and realistic", within the limits of a game for almost 4 years old.

I refer, for example, to the defense, that throws the ball out if it is forced, and makes no trained monkey tricks like PES 2014.

The midfielders who think before they strike up an attack action.

The contrasts between the players: That are properly evaluated by the referee, and often can arise from a tackle interesting playing situations (favorable or unfavorable).

The same can be said for the rebounds of the ball, unpredictable.

Goalkeeper animation: No dive dolphin if it is not necessary.

These are the first things that come to mind, and I think that, over the years, these and other things have been lost, unfortunately.

So we welcome all your changes and experiments, Matt,:WORSHIP: hoping that the next PES we are all agreed

just a thought on the commentary:
currently I have on my PC: PES 2011, 2013, 2014.
Well, the commentary (Italian - Pierluigi Pardo) is richer on PES 2011 than PES 2013.
PES 2014? never mind, very few sentences, and no new, all copied from the old commentary.

Great points! Yes it truly are the little things that I am rediscovering for myself that are starting to reinvigorate after a stale PES 14 (putting it kindly) and then no other version from PES 2013, PES 2012 and PES 2010 that can compare to the way PES 2011 feels. I think PES 2010 was probably closest to the feel of the older PES 5/6 - but PES 2011 brought in new player models, and new physics all together that created that unpredictability you mention.

I've made some edits as in the first post, I think they have resulted in less end to end and over-attacking than what's shown in the video above. Video pending, here is what I'm implementing:

ALL PLAYERS EXCEPT GK RESPONSE = 99
ALL PLAYERS EXCEPT GK AGGRESSION = 99
ALL PLAYERS EXCEPT GK BALANCE = 99

COVERING = TRUE
Removed from all DMF
Removed from CB

UNTUCKED SHIRTS = TRUE

SUPPORT RANGE = 100
POSITION SWITCH = 0
PRESSING = 75
COMPACTNESS = 0

Last edited:

Matt10 Tweak to Smoke Patch 3.7 Option File for PES 2011:
--------------------------------------------
You can apply these tweaks manually or through the .XML file so you can play with any option file/patch of your choosing

I've made the following changes to improve the gameplay significantly for PES 2011.

ALL PLAYERS EXCEPT GK RESPONSE = 99
ALL PLAYERS EXCEPT GK AGGRESSION = 99
ALL PLAYERS EXCEPT GK BALANCE = 99

COVERING = TRUE
Removed from all DMF
Removed from CB

UNTUCKED SHIRTS = TRUE

SUPPORT RANGE = 100
POSITION SWITCH = 0
PRESSING = 75
COMPACTNESS = 0

Install directions (BACK UP ORIGINAL FILES IN YOUR FOLDERS FIRST!!!):

Option File - simply extract the EDIT.BIN file to your /documents/Konami/PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011/SAVE folder - this should overwrite the existing EDIT.BIN (BACK IT UP FIRST!)

If you want to apply the Tweaks to a different Option File, follow these instructions:

You must have PES EDITOR by w!Ld@: http://www.moddingway.com/file/6194.html

Extract all files to your desktop or any folder you can find easily.
Load your EXISTING Edit.BIN from PES EDITOR. Go to Global Functions TAB. On the bottom right you will see where it says: "MUlitple Changes of Player Abilities (OF Tweak)":
- Below that will be a button to click (right above, to the right, of Record Macro - should have three dots "..." ) - locate the .XML file from my .RAR download.
- Once loaded, click APPLY - wait for it to install each Tweak, then it will finish with logs of what was edited.

THAT'S IT - YOU'RE DONE! ENJOY THE GAME AND PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (Matt10L) AS I WILL MAKE CHANGES THERE AND UPLOAD VIDEOS TO SUPPORT. THIS GAME IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PES 2014
NOW - AND I REALLY DO HOPE PES 2015 CAN LIVE UP TO IT AS WELL. ENJOY!

Matt10

Are you using smoke patch?
And what about CPU possession? It´s been something that bothers me long time. Anyway I do remember having some good times with PES 2011, I might get back to it again.

Are you using smoke patch?
And what about CPU possession? It´s been something that bothers me long time. Anyway I do remember having some good times with PES 2011, I might get back to it again.

CPU possession has been great,every game is different depending on attacking style. They play the ball around everywhere, it's nice. Yes, smoke patch 3.7

What's the relevance of this setting?

Most players play with untucked shirts these days - no significance to gameplay.

Matt10, thanks for your revelation. Trying them now. So far I like it alot.

Just one question. Do you have all kits from Smoke's kitserver working? For some reason my game still uses default PES 2011 kits, not ones from kitserver.

Matt10, thanks for your revelation. Trying them now. So far I like it alot.

Just one question. Do you have all kits from Smoke's kitserver working? For some reason my game still uses default PES 2011 kits, not ones from kitserver.

Hi Tinker - yes, I've got the kits working. I actually had to download kitserver11 to make it work since the GDB wasn't working at all.

this looks truly amazing! like real football match.

It plays well too, MadbaLL. Right now I'm finding Professional quite entertaining but Top Player is definitely difficult.

Damn I´m gonna take ages to download Smoke patch... guess I´ll have to be patient. Now I really want to try this!

This is really really good! Everyone should try it.

Also difficult - just lost 0-5 with Juve against Parma and had only one shot on goal all game. I guess I have to relearn PES 2011.

Matt10, one more question. What's your rationale behind setting Support Range to 100? I feel it makes AI counterattacks too deadly and through balls too apparent. Though I may be wrong. Dont remember how these things were in vanilla PES 2011.

This is really really good! Everyone should try it.

Also difficult - just lost 0-5 with Juve against Parma and had only one shot on goal all game. I guess I have to relearn PES 2011.

Matt10, one more question. What's your rationale behind setting Support Range to 100? I feel it makes AI counterattacks too deadly and through balls too apparent. Though I may be wrong. Dont remember how these things were in vanilla PES 2011.

Yeah, it's a tough one with support range. For the longest time I had player suppport @ 100 but I realized that the players wanted to go forward all the time - even with A/D awareness @ solely defence. So I dropped that to zero and raised Support Range so at least the players are closer together, but because the width is @ 100 - they still play wide enough that they aren't that close.

As you can see it's such a balancing act. Something that helped me was simply going in the gameplan and just adjusting, then seeing what the animation of the tactics would play out.

Please experiment with the tactics if you'd like. I recently changed A/D to Defense (not solely defense) and the all out counter attacks came back.

On another note, I had feared that the simulated matches were going to be scoreless or 1-0 etc - but I saw one in my ML that was 7-2 for Man U hosting a depleted Wolves side. From there the scores ranged all over. Was nice to see.

I'll be uploading videos of my ML with Everton to continue to show the benefits of these tweaks. Thanks for those of you that tried them!

While I wait for the SMoke patch I tried PES 2011 clean install. Nice game, so much harder then older versions! Played a couple Champions League matches in Top player. Lost 3-0 against Real and 2-1 against Cluj (think it was that one). Was only able to shot from long range and scored the only goal from a header. CPU pressing in the midfield wasa joy to see. Although its a primitive engine, with some awkward animations and situations, it turns out its an enjoyable game no doubt.

While I wait for the SMoke patch I tried PES 2011 clean install. Nice game, so much harder then older versions! Played a couple Champions League matches in Top player. Lost 3-0 against Real and 2-1 against Cluj (think it was that one). Was only able to shot from long range and scored the only goal from a header. CPU pressing in the midfield wasa joy to see. Although its a primitive engine, with some awkward animations and situations, it turns out its an enjoyable game no doubt.

Yes, I agree. I went through each of the PES from 2009 to 2014 and assessed gameplay and animations. Overall, I think PES 11 was just one of those that got lost in the shuffle and the transition to 2012 shadowed it's true capabilities.

Regarding an update, I am looking at possibly increasing defensive line height for less end to end action. Still trying to find the best value though.

Yes, I agree. I went through each of the PES from 2009 to 2014 and assessed gameplay and animations. Overall, I think PES 11 was just one of those that got lost in the shuffle and the transition to 2012 shadowed it's true capabilities.

Regarding an update, I am looking at possibly increasing defensive line height for less end to end action. Still trying to find the best value though.

Totally agree, this might have been lost in the middle of the "evolution" process. I remember that back in those days I played the ps3 version and what I bought was what I got, no patches, no global edits etc... Probably couldn´t explore the full potential of this engine. I think even Konami didn´t explore the potential in that gen. They keep looking for revolution when they might have all they need.

Hmm, it seems I can´t play smoke patch for some reason. I got it and installed it, but crashes in the team select screen...

Back
Top Bottom