PES 5 with lowered agility & game speed = Still the best

What I do is in tactics menu, choose "Quick setting" and then "all out attack". Then, I change all players individual defensive arrow to normal, not the smallest, not the biggest. Like you said, the medium one. I might leave one attacker alone, to work as a reference for quicker attacks.

To test this, I start a new cup with only 3 teams, then I choose my team and an edited one for my next oponent. In cup games CPU is more agressive. If you try in friendlies it won´t have the same result.

There´s still a problem with CPU´s sidebacks positioning, can´t say for now if there´s a way to improve that.

Played 4 halftimes* (6 stars, 10 min., Exhibition**) with both teams set to your recommended tactics.

*I prefer to play only one halftime when testing tweaks, since the game seems to pick between various "scenarios" for each match, sometimes it is a bit more challenging (like in the RM - FCB match), but more often it is quite weak. So with one halftime I have time to try playing in more "scenarios" rather than stay "closed" in one type for the whole length of the match.

**I always play Exhibition when testing tweaks. If Cup is the hardest competition, then CPU should be at least somehow challenging also in Exhibition to make the gameplay even more enjoyable (difficult) in other modes.

Home – Away // Player // Shots on goal, Shots on target, Possession, Score: HT // FT // ET1 // ET2 // Penalties
ACF Fiorentina - Juventus FC // home // 2:3, 1:1, 52:48, 0:0 // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :
Italy - Netherlands // away // 0:5, 0:2, 42:58, 0:0 // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :
Real Madrid - FC Barcelona // home // 4:7, 2:5, 48:52, 0:2 // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :
ACF Fiorentina - Juventus FC // home // 7:0, 4:0, 56:44, 0:0 // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :, :, :, : // :

In two cases, CPU did not even take a shot on goal. I managed to be beaten in the RM - FCB match, but my defenders were totally out of position during those moments, so I might test now with a different tactic for me to see if something like that would happen again.

At least the CPU succeeded in keeping clean sheets in all the matches so far.

One of the few tweaks which helped me a bit was to set Aggression, Mentality and Teamwork to 99 for all. At least then could CPU properly tackle and cover spaces and sometimes go into the attack. I did not have these tweaks when playing those matches, just pointing it out as a side note. However, I do not like drastic general attribute tweaks, so I hope some of the tactical tweaks could be proven effective.

Last edited:
Yeah, on friendly matches, CPU plays another way. I still recomend you to play a cup mode. Choose all the teams you´ve modified, and see how far you can go on the challenge. For me at least, its a totally diferent approach.

I want to play only on master league, so I believe that CUP mode is the closest I can get for testing.

Wasn't sure where to post this, maybe it would be an idea to start a 'PES5/WE9LE - Editing Ideas' thread?

Anyway I'm thinking of giving all strikers the *Lines Special Ability. I just played a game and it really helps the CPU to stay on side even though there were still some offsides. But it seems to prevent players drifting way off side which can be annoying when you think the CPU has a good opportunity to score.

Seems a good idea.
Lately I´ve been trying to find a way to stop CPU sidebacks from getting out of position. As soon as I enter the final third, the CPU runs like crazy to get the ball from me, but leaves a gap that is very easy to exploit. Most of my attacks are like that. I can put the side midfielders helping in this aspect, but they stay back and then won´t help so much when attacking.

In the long run, PES 5/WE for sure. PES 6 may seem harder at the begining, but as soon as you find your ways in the net, it becauses more predictable in my opinion. It is easier to score in some situations, like long shots.

Thanks xicpanad. Someone had told me the same thing, I was just getting a second opinion. It seems I'll be playing PES 5 then.

I only wished there was a .csv import/export tool for those older versions, or something similar that would allow me to edit player's stats more easily.

Well You´ll have to do it with pes editor. There´s a good base option file by Geeeee. I´ve been using it and its quite good. Still a bunch of faces missing, but overall its very good. Although I´m a Benfica fan myself, and love the PT league, I´m having great fun playing with the full 2nd english division on Master League mode.

Between PES 5 and 6, which one presents the most smart or difficult AI to beat, in your opinion?

In the long run, PES 5/WE for sure. PES 6 may seem harder at the begining, but as soon as you find your ways in the net, it becauses more predictable in my opinion. It is easier to score in some situations, like long shots.

Yep for sure PES 5 is the toughest one. On PES 6 it's too easy to win the ball back because there are no fouls.

Well You´ll have to do it with pes editor. There´s a good base option file by Geeeee. I´ve been using it and its quite good. Still a bunch of faces missing, but overall its very good. Although I´m a Benfica fan myself, and love the PT league, I´m having great fun playing with the full 2nd english division on Master League mode.

That's not true, there's a few hundred missing :P
I'm pleased you are still enjoying it :)

Sorry for the double post.

I had more time this morning to read through the entire thread. From what I understood: with 5 Stars the CPU is less aggressive in attack (compared to 6 Stars), but is also harder to score against, since it plays a more balanced game.

Is this correct? Also, with the supposed decrease in the attacking flow (5 Stars), will the CPU still be dangerous when attacking?

Sorry for the amount of questions. I'll be having little time to do some testing in the coming days, so I wanna make sure I start playing with the optimal settings.

Please note that I play the PC version.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post.

I had more time this morning to read through the entire thread. From what I understood: with 5 Stars the CPU is less aggressive in attack (compared to 6 Stars), but is also harder to score against, since it plays a more balanced game.

Is this correct? Also, with the supposed decrease in the attacking flow (5 Stars), will the CPU still be dangerous when attacking?

Sorry for the amount of questions. I'll be having little time to do some testing in the coming days, so I wanna make sure I start playing with the optimal settings.

Please note that I play the PC version.

In the end it comes down to how you play and your idea of hard. I used to play 5 stars and after a couple seasons I started to see the same behaviour from the CPU, wich made the game easier for me.
Latelly I´ve been tweaking some tactics in CPU teams to make them more balanced in 6 stars and the result has been a much harder game to me. In 6 stars, CPU is way more agressive, but that can make the teams loose the correct positioning, specially when defending. Its like they only care about attack. I will post a video of my results so far.

i have a problem in pes 5 camera zoom, there's a graphics bug, all players run like chickens, two hands behind. also goalkeeper catch is bugged, it's like he's not holding the ball, i'm using 790 zoom.any fix?

Did you try to use a closer zoom? The engine might not have what it takes to render properly when you´re too far from the pitch.

i have a problem in pes 5 camera zoom, there's a graphics bug, all players run like chickens, two hands behind. also goalkeeper catch is bugged, it's like he's not holding the ball, i'm using 790 zoom.any fix?

Open:
...\<game dir>\kitserver\lodcfg.exe

Make sure that everything from LOD #1 to LOD #5 is set to max #3, better set everything to #1.

Then click on "Save".

I downloaded WE9I, which doesn't recognize your OF. Seems like I'll have to wait another two days (that's how long it will take me to download WE9LE), to begin my ML campaign.

Damn it. I was so eager to start playing this weekend. :(

Weird.

The zoom is working perfectly for me. I use value 900.

Weird.

The zoom is working perfectly for me. I use value 900.
i have the zoom now set at 1000 and still, the players at the far side of the pitch are rendered running with 2 hands behind. when the ball gets to players on the near side of the pitch, everything is ok.

Back
Top Bottom