PC PES 6, PES 5, WE9LE on ATI Radeon HD 7750/7770 series

MadbaLL

Interista per sempre!
11 February 2008
Curva Nord
Inter Milan
does anyone here plays pes6, pes5 or we9le on ati radeon hd 7750/7770 graphic cards?

do you have any problems while playing one of those games i mentioned in terms of fps or micro stuttering?

or everything works smooth and fine? :)

thanks

Last edited:
come on guys and lads, give me some feedback.

i cannot belive there is no one with ati radeon HD 7000 series playing those games i mentioned.

and you guys don't use any third party software to make it work smooth (like d3d overrider or similar)?

@guys

can you show me your application settings for pes6.exe in catalyst control center?

whatever i set up i have small screen tearing. no stutter, no fps drop, just screen tearing.

i tried "vsync allways on" and "triple buffer on" but no changes.

i'm desperate now :)

@guys

can you show me your application settings for pes6.exe in catalyst control center?

whatever i set up i have small screen tearing. no stutter, no fps drop, just screen tearing.

i tried "vsync allways on" and "triple buffer on" but no changes.

i'm desperate now :)

Only d3doverride let me force vsync and tripple buffering on pes6 with amd 7850.

where can i find latest version of 3d3 overrider?

also, it seems that putting pes6.exe to winxp sp3 compatibility mode solved the issue, but i need to test it more to make sure.

any other workable solutions?

What kind of problems do you have? It might not be all related to GPU/CPU.

It's old engine and micropauses when controlling players are normal. Slight stuttering/chopped animation is also something I noticed, despite different PCs used.

It's old-gen limitation kicking in and you may try to run it above resolution it normally supported via kitserver.

you get used to all that stuff pretty quick :P.

YouTube - PES6 - Phoenix Patch 2011-2012 - FC Bayern vs Chelsea - full match HD (720p)

The best game eveeeeeeer :P.

like i said, i had only screan tearing like vsync wasn't working.

but when i selected win xp sp3 mode for pes6.exe, then it stopped.

but i would like to research if there is way to fix it without compatibility mode.

AA:
AA mode: application controlled
AA samples: same
Filter: Box (doesn't matter)
AA method: multi-sample (doesn't matter)
Morphological Filtering: Enabled (important)

(PES6/5 regular AA doesn't work/no edge detect nothing, only post- process AA works, like MLAA.)

Texture Filtering:
Mode: application override
Level: 16x (important, at least put 8x)
Quality: High
Optimize: Off

Frame Rate Control:
Wait for vsync: off, unless application tells (important to be off)
OpenGL Triple Buff.: On (doesn't matter)

Tessellation:
application
same

D3DOverrider:
Application Detect Level: Low (important, higher than this and you have interference with speeder and other programs, works on low just fine, tested)
Enable Vsync, Triple Buff. not necessary.

No RadeonPro and no other tools active.
Hope it helps. :BYE:

Last edited:
thanks i'll try it.

but where to get latest working d3d overrider?

p.s. what windows do you use and do you use compatibility mode?

d3doverrider is hard to find and hard to know which is the last version, first it was bundled with rivatuner then with some other program i think, you need to find only d3doverrider uploaded on some site somewhere

win 7 pro x64 here, xp sp2 comp. mode on we9le.exe /and run as admin

How good HD7770 card is? I am planning to put together a PC and this graphic card would be in range of my budget, but I wonder how good it is - on which settings I will be able to play newest games and how loud it is?

d3doverrider is hard to find and hard to know which is the last version, first it was bundled with rivatuner then with some other program i think, you need to find only d3doverrider uploaded on some site somewhere

win 7 pro x64 here, xp sp2 comp. mode on we9le.exe /and run as admin

yeah, i know it's hard. because i used google and found only old versions as a separate download.

How good HD7770 card is? I am planning to put together a PC and this graphic card would be in range of my budget, but I wonder how good it is - on which settings I will be able to play newest games and how loud it is?

i would strongly recommend that you get nvidia card, like gtx 650ti. it's better than 7770. nvidia cards work slightly better in most of the games than amd ones. i know some of you might disagree, but i tested several games and nvidia proved better.

AA:
AA mode: application controlled
AA samples: same
Filter: Box (doesn't matter)
AA method: multi-sample (doesn't matter)
Morphological Filtering: Enabled (important)

(PES6/5 regular AA doesn't work/no edge detect nothing, only post- process AA works, like MLAA.)

Texture Filtering:
Mode: application override
Level: 16x (important, at least put 8x)
Quality: High
Optimize: Off

Frame Rate Control:
Wait for vsync: off, unless application tells (important to be off)
OpenGL Triple Buff.: On (doesn't matter)

Tessellation:
application
same

D3DOverrider:
Application Detect Level: Low (important, higher than this and you have interference with speeder and other programs, works on low just fine, tested)
Enable Vsync, Triple Buff. not necessary.

No RadeonPro and no other tools active.
Hope it helps. :BYE:

your a fucking genius! worked without dvdoverdier and i had to force v sync

Thank you very much!!!! I just enabled morphological filtering and now PES 5 works with my HD 5570 ! Great! I only registered to say thank you.

Back
Top Bottom