PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Have you guys ever trie to sprint (R1+R2) wit J.Moutinho ? It's unique. He has a special sprint move with R1+R2.

I think at -1 speed players move more realistically, the whole movement on the field is close to real life, but it doesn't feel as smooth as 0 speed.

Last edited:

WhaT a demo?!

Man the dribbling in this game feels so good, just analog dribbling with the occasional :r2:

The players on the pitch feel so alive, players run intelligently in attack but also in defence and not just for the cpu (lol). Offside finally seems to have purpose again. Intercepting feels so much better just like ps2 days.

This game goes way beyond any voetbal game i've ever played.

Also is it just me or is the :l2: pass, a special kind of 'manual' pass. Because the ball physics/animation on those passes are KILLER!
My settings are 0 pass assist which seems just puuhrfect.

Did anyone notice that you can still adjust the speed setting -2,-1,0,1,2. Speed seems fine to me even on a quick simulated 5 mins, so it should only benefit longer games.

Great demo; really enjoying it and somewhat surprised with fluidity but night time lighting :

FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!

Ugh! Play this game on daytime settings and it looks fantastic and moves very convincingly for the most part but deary me, there is one almighty drop in quality in night time matches. They need to massively reduce the way the floodlighting appears to illuminate the turf and how it also reflects off of player models and kits.

They should start with using the Estadio de Palanque on night time setting in the rain on PES2012 as a benchmark (game looks great in this setting) and note how the deeper green turf shade and less reflective light off of the player models and kits presents a more clearly defined, colourful image and just work from there. Yeah, it might result in some stadiums losing their character and alike in night time matches but it will look and thus play better.

Great demo; really enjoying it and somewhat surprised with fluidity but night time lighting :

FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!

Ugh! Play this game on daytime settings and it looks fantastic and moves very convincingly for the most part but deary me, there is one almighty drop in quality in night time matches. They need to massively reduce the way the floodlighting appears to illuminate the turf and how it also reflects off of player models and kits.

They should start with using the Estadio de Palanque on night time setting in the rain on PES2012 as a benchmark (game looks great in this setting) and note how the deeper green turf shade and less reflective light off of the player models and kits presents a more clearly defined, colourful image and just work from there. Yeah, it might result in some stadiums losing their character and alike in night time matches but it will look and thus play better.

Yep. Looks great except at night.

Downloading the Winning Eleven 2013 demo off Japanese PSN now :D :)

Loved reading the comments in this thread while I'm waiting for it to finish, sounds VERY promising!!

Could this be the year that Konami give EA a squeaky bum feeling? :P

Only played 1 half and wow, what a joy this is to play! Feels so free now, animations look fantastic, none of that stuttering shit from last year, definitely get the old PES feeling from this game already.

wish I knew japanese so I could change the settings properly though! lol, I just unticked everything from ON to OFF in the screen with the passing slider xD

When do you guys think the pc version will come out? I need my PES fix. Waiting is a torture.

its the most improved pes to date but i somehow still feel a bit disappointed, think i read the hype train comments and expected too much i guess

Gameplay may have been tweaked to almost perfection, but graphics remain unchanged. They could have renovated the whole face models of players, but no, they reused almost every face from the previous series. I'm doubting this is worth the dough.

That's what I feared ... PC users are screwed ... no information about us where and when to wait for the demo .. !
Let someone from you.... console guys to make a really nice video of the demo, not poor quality or lack of frames

That's what I feared ... PC users are screwed ... no information about us where and when to wait for the demo .. !
Let someone from you.... console guys to make a really nice video of the demo, not poor quality or lack of frames

How are PC users 'screwed' exactly? jeez its only 7am here on Wednesday, when the demo is released, be patient -.-

Two things that need to be tweaked and/or fixed from the videos,

1. The AI needs to close down the player receiving the pass much faster. Now the attacking player can turn, dribble and pass every single time. This is more of the computer AI issue than the player's AI. This needs to be fixed especially around and inside the penalty box. It allows some pretty cheap goals against the CPU.

2. Clipping issues. There are a few times where the dribbler can simply ghost through the opposition. There was one really bad moment from a lob where the ball simply went through the leg of the defender which he should have intercepted.

Other than that, maybe an additional option for manual passing without modifier?

Having watched last trailer I was a little bit scary of this 'karate' volley, I mean I'm affraid it might be overused as we had similiar frustrating 'overused' animations before in PES. Can anybody confirm that it happens rather rarely/occasionally?

One thing I really like so far is that annoying auto-jump block animation has gone, 3 games so far and I've not seen it once, I hated it in 2012.

Santos vs Flamengo, 0 speed, 1 bar passing, day time... absolutetly BEAUTIFUL!!

Grapics are awesome, gameplay is incredible!

Gameplay may have been tweaked to almost perfection, but graphics remain unchanged. They could have renovated the whole face models of players, but no, they reused almost every face from the previous series. I'm doubting this is worth the dough.

Have you played in Vila Belmiro at day time ? I think you will be surprised.

IMO it looks beatiful, tere's an improvement on lighting. And the ps3 graphics definetly look more sharp than the last year.

Gameplay is superb in Vila B., day time.

Dudu, do you get any framerate issues, like when the players walk out onto the pitch or at half-time? my FPS drops like crazy

Note: I've had this problem with PES on the PS3 for a long time, so its not an issue with the new game, dont worry lol. I think it must be my monitor and TV that I've both tried to use ;(

Back
Top Bottom