PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

It seems every player in the videos so far has passing accuracy stat 99, first touch stat 99, shooting power and accuracy stats 99, dribbling and tricks stats 99, stamina stats 99.

To be fair, they're playing with teams with really good players.

Looking forward to seeing a video with some lesser teams and some tactics in operation. Hoping it will reveal the other 80% of football elements that Konami seemed to have forgotten to include in their blind pursuit of arcade accessibility.

Me too. There should be an ability disparity you should feel when playing with a team such as Egypt, then switching to Germany. This was apparent in earlier games such as PES1/2.

http://youtu.be/5DC-n5NjI8g

looking at this 8 year old game pes 2015 is just a hd update(which is not a bad thing!)
Well there are more differences, like the speed, which is higher in this movie and the animations are not that good as in PES 2015. But the defence looks better in that movie, far better organized! Maybe it is a tweaked tactic, but it strikes me. Nice to see that movie :)

Well there are more differences, like the speed, which is higher in this movie and the animations are not that good as in PES 2015. But the defence looks better in that movie, far better organized! Maybe it is a tweaked tactic, but it strikes me. Nice to see that movie :)

its filmed on my phone so that's why it seems a lot faster:))

It seems every player in the videos so far has passing accuracy stat 99, first touch stat 99, shooting power and accuracy stats 99, dribbling and tricks stats 99, stamina stats 99.

Watching the videos reminds me of Football Kingdom - quite good fun but really only captures a thin layer of what real football is about. It's as if all there is to football is pinging a few pixel-perfect passes up the field and then slam a shot into the corner of the net. Where is the tactical depth, where is the physical play, where is the midfield battle, where are the fouls, where are the mistakes, where is the defence?

Looking forward to seeing a video with some lesser teams and some tactics in operation. Hoping it will reveal the other 80% of football elements that Konami seemed to have forgotten to include in their blind pursuit of arcade accessibility.

Share exactly the same opinion as yours.

Watching the videos reminds me of Football Kingdom - quite good fun but really only captures a thin layer of what real football is about. It's as if all there is to football is pinging a few pixel-perfect passes up the field and then slam a shot into the corner of the net. Where is the tactical depth, where is the physical play, where is the midfield battle, where are the fouls, where are the mistakes, where is the defence?

I guess we should know more come the demo, as they should be a wider variety of teams that have different ratings.

In addition, all the players in the videos circulating are probably playing on the default PA level (3).

To be fair, they're playing with teams with really good players.

Exactly - how people can write off the game already without having played it is beyond me. Of course the top 3 or 4 teams in the world are going to have great control. To say the lower ranked teams have this same level of control when no one has seen videos with such teams nor played it themselves is ridiculous.

I also find it amusing how often people on forums bag other people's play styles for being too arcadey and too direct. Not everyone - but a few people I've played say one thing, then do another when they play.

On a side point though - if there's no facility to create leagues within the game in a community, it would be nice once the game comes out to set up a league for the different platforms.

Exactly - how people can write off the game already without having played it is beyond me. Of course the top 3 or 4 teams in the world are going to have great control. To say the lower ranked teams have this same level of control when no one has seen videos with such teams nor played it themselves is ridiculous.

I also find it amusing how often people on forums bag other people's play styles for being too arcadey and too direct. Not everyone - but a few people I've played say one thing, then do another when they play.

On a side point though - if there's no facility to create leagues within the game in a community, it would be nice once the game comes out to set up a league for the different platforms.

I think the point is, even good/great players haven't got 100% killer touch all the time, it's not possible, because they are humans. There just seems no variation in terms of players receiving the ball, or having to at least think about controlling the football when IRL this is an essential part of it all. Opposing team pressure on the receiver also seems to not have any impact whatsoever, when again, IRL, ball receivers under pressure (even the best) will see their first touch tested because of the pressure, thus more than often forcing THEM even backwards at times.

I've also got a big problem with this fluid nonsense. What do people mean by this? That the game runs from end to end continuously for 90 minutes? THIS it seems, without any affect on stamina whatsoever. There has to be lulls in the game, stamina should be a critical part of PES, this will see the arcade exploiters punished for clocking up 10,000 miles a match with Messi at full tilt. If this is fluid, then I don't want fluid. I want everything examined. I want first touch error upped by tumps, I want variation in passing and receiving error if under pressure. I want there to be severe pressure and punishment of the player if you attempt to just rush up the pitch.

There's a reason why teams pass back and across the pitch; to create space. Space creation is perhaps THE fundamental part of football; in these videos there's just acres of space anyway, without even having to try and create it. Perhaps if the defensive AI was better then this would be harder to achieve. Watch a game of football, and then watch these PES videos. Almost every first touch after a complete pass is a player turning towards the goal, almost every time. This just doesn't happen IRL. Ball receivers get pressured and mostly have to play it back/across until the space is created in midfield/wherever.

I will of course reserve judgement fully until I have played the game as most gameplay vids (over the years) look like a bunch of 8 year olds playing on Novice level or something. PES 2011 individuality had it close to decent I thought, perhaps a little too sluggish with sluggish players, but at least the likes of Carragher felt like a bus turning. There was a gradual build up of momentum when running and inertia. Balance was also prevalent. Messi felt like a world away from aforementioned Carragher.

I just get the impression that even average Joe's feel too close to Messi like stats.

Anyway, we'll see what we see once again with PES this year. Don't get me wrong, over the years the gameplay videos I've thought WTF ahead of release. I really liked 2013 and grew to like 2014 too. But I'm primarily on offline player on Supertsar so that's the only mode I'm, really interested in. As long as they get this right or at least quite decent, then I'll be happy.

I agree with most of what you said, but the comments come from a position of what it "seems" like from the video's. I do think we should be hammering Konami with valid feedback but only after we've given the demo a good working over. And even then, not all the issues will become evident but at least we'll be able to get a feel for things moreso than from watching videos.

I agree with most of what you said, but the comments come from a position of what it "seems" like from the video's. I do think we should be hammering Konami with valid feedback but only after we've given the demo a good working over. And even then, not all the issues will become evident but at least we'll be able to get a feel for things moreso than from watching videos.

Oh agreed.

I remember I played a cup game as Liverpool, against QPR in PES2013, and the CPU just went kicking and screaming that it would not lose. It just tried every trick in the book. So much so that I replayed the game FIVE times. Each occasion the scores were insane, and the CPU goals went from unbelievable to even more unbelievable. 1st game was something like 6-5 to me, second 5-5 in normal time, etc etc. Each time I scored they would go into God mode, it was so funny. There was one passage of play where at 5-5 their keeper made a treble save one after another, before Carroll whallopped it toward an empty net, off the bar, then a diving header from Gerrard open goal, off the post, another rebound shot, keeper saved and then finally a buried shot. Each time I played QPR after that the games were just insane scorers lol. Just one of those little PES quirks.

Didn't you hear? People seem to think they CAN give feedback based on videos, while in fact, they CANNOT.

offtopic
BwebFDNIYAA9S8m.jpg

/offtopic
:WORSHIP:
That what is PES... FIFA will never have it ...

Agreed. While the keepers in this years PES may be reliable the animations in general are still poor compared to the real world and those in the other football game. The keeper diving with his hands in front is an immersion killer, for sure.

Do you have videos and word documents to back this up, lol

Conclusion: The keepers are not that bad ;)

My opinion too.

Don´t understand where the rant about the keepers a few posts before came from.
Even in PES 2014 the keepers are ok to me. NOW.
Surely they haven´t been when the game came out.

But now they are far better than in PES 2013. Playing that one for some time and specially soft shots are a problem for the keeper.

In the vids of PES 2015 keepers look ok to me, apart from a very few situations.
Glad that there are a few new keeper animations compared to PES 2014.
Could be more, yeah but to me there other aspects which are more important for me and where my hopes are high (working online mod, anti quit system, ML mode, player ID, scripting etc).

But didn´t someone mention that there will be more animations in the final release or am I wrong?

Last edited:
that keeper clip looks ok. Just one gripe - the cross the keeper takes at 22 seconds - why not just stand there and catch it? It don't need the feeble dive and ISS animation.

Other than that. They look much better.

Grrrrr I need this fucking game :RANT:

Relax Relax .... everything will be fine .... we have to be calm, not to freak out.. just RELAX .. like me ... ;)
Have to wait only 10 weeks 1 day 10 hours 39 minutes and 59 seconds ....
58 seconds ....
57 seconds ....
56 seconds ....
55 seconds ....
54 seconds ....
53 seconds ....
52 seconds ....
51 seconds ....
50 seconds ....
49 seconds ....
48 seconds ....
47 seconds ....
46 seconds ....
45 seconds ....
44 seconds ....
43 seconds ....
42 seconds ....
41 seconds ....
40 seconds ....
39 seconds ....
38 seconds ....
37 seconds ....
36 seconds ....
35 seconds ....
34 seconds ....
33 seconds ....
32 seconds ....
31 seconds ....
30 seconds ....
29 seconds ....
28 seconds ....
27 seconds ....
26 seconds ....
25 seconds ....

Freak-Out.jpg

tumblr_inline_n26pf5dyOI1rnvwt1.gif

Last edited:

I just feel that the old Pes way of playing is over unfortunately. Bhatti said in that last interview posted that the mistake he thinks they made was catering for the connoisseurs. Which means it will be take a leaf from Fifa's book and concentrate on the off the pitch stuff to compete with them.

Pick up and play games become very repetitive and the fun wears off quickly . . .. the leaked video was looking promising but didn't go down well with the masses and so it looks like in depth and tactical play will be sacrificed for fun and loads of goals.

We can't judge the game until we play it but if the majority are happy with this type of gameplay and it sells well. . . then they're not going to change it.

The funny thing is most of us will buy it anyway.

I just feel that the old Pes way of playing is over unfortunately. Bhatti said in that last interview posted that the mistake he thinks they made was catering for the connoisseurs. Which means it will be take a leaf from Fifa's book and concentrate on the off the pitch stuff to compete with them.

Pick up and play games become very repetitive and the fun wears off quickly . . .. the leaked video was looking promising but didn't go down well with the masses and so it looks like in depth and tactical play will be sacrificed for fun and loads of goals.

We can't judge the game until we play it but if the majority are happy with this type of gameplay and it sells well. . . then they're not going to change it.

The funny thing is most of us will buy it anyway.

I didn't hear that from Adam but it would be interesting to hear it in context. I hope (and believe there will be) a deeper tactical side to the game that the connoisseurs can exploit whilst the pick up and play crew can also enjoy the game.

I didn't hear that from Adam but it would be interesting to hear it in context. I hope (and believe there will be) a deeper tactical side to the game that the connoisseurs can exploit whilst the pick up and play crew can also enjoy the game.

If they can get that balance then that would be ideal.. . . just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom