PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Forget all the visuals, if this game doesnt have properly implementera speed transition, stats and more depth worthy of a next-gen game, It's not worth a buy imo.

I've been listening to B-man's podcast about the trailer.
I sincerely hope for him and his friendthat the Retail version will be as good as they think it might be. They are very, very enthousiastic about the trailer.

People here are often (and rightly so) very critical about Konami's PR, but with this trailer they really scored. People will complain about hype (or overhyping), but that is their job.

Personally i would have liked to see a trailer that focused less on Barcelona, but with the exclusivity deal they have with Barcelona, they would be mad not to do what they have done.

I would have preferred footage from teams like Lille, Nantes, Palermo, Sassuolo, PSV and others...but of course that would not be good PR.
Any link for that podcast mate?

No La Liga sleeve patch on Barca and Atletico kits. Probably due to exclusive EA deal with LL. This would be hilarious if Barca & Atletico are only two licensed teams in unlicensed league.

Well yeah, looks like it'll be like with EPL, 2 clubs and their stadiums licensed every year.

Well yeah, looks like it'll be like with EPL, 2 clubs and their stadiums licensed every year.

No, EPL deal has more restrictions. It's a different story for the La Liga, PES will probably end up having 8 or 14 teams licensed just based on when they lost the La Liga licenses in previous games.

It's possible that Borussia Dortmund is licensed, because they're in the data collection tool.

There are also 2 German clubs + Dortmund, Besiktas, CSKA.

Source: http://fifa-pesnewsbrasil.blogspot.de/2016/07/pes-2017-barcelona-e-borussia-dortmund.html

There are rumours Konami lost Bayern so it could be true but if I remember right EA struck a long deal with Dortmund a couple years ago. Also Reus is their man for the front cover. But hey, hope this is true, I rather play with Dortmund than Bayern.

Not sure what they meant by the pic of Babangida in a Dortmund kit since thats obviously from PES 2016 and a edited kit.

I heard no rumors that PES lost Bayern. I don't know where people get their info and based on what exactly. PES always announces licenses around Gamescom.

King Adam?
Why?

He doesn't deserve this. It's very easy to criticize people you don't know.You can say what you want, but he's doing a good job. It must be tough to be the gobetween between Japan-Europe and the "fans" (with hardcore that is unreasonably negative).

When I call him king, Im not criticizing him, Im trying to elevate his importance as a Konami leader.

But its also a bit ironic and humorous way to refer to his person. I like to do this for people who is on a leadership position and are unfairly bashed like him.

I perfectly understand what you mean and I share the smae thoughts. His job is not easy and some people have an unfair view about him just because he was a little rude with people who were obviously trolls.

Last edited:
Say what you want but what Adam has done for PES in just 2 years is HUGE.
I can't help but think how further the series could have gotten had he been in this position since the start of the Next Gen.

two things I ask, I don't know if KONAMI even considered them

1. in game substitution... can they make the substitutions in game like when you select a kicker for free kicks, corners, pks? That would really improve the flow of the game if we didn;t have to pause and go to the menu every time

2. when selecting teams to play online, let us pair up first then select teams with the opponent so we avoid matchups of Real Madrid vs Croatia for example.

For anyone worrying about Real Madrid not being licensed, take from this what you will.
CoZGawVW8AIGlry.jpg:large

Obviously not confirmed, but I seen it on twitter and thought I'd share it.

Regarding the kits, maybe they aren't allowed to showcase the licenses yet as they haven't announced them?

The goals in the trailer weren't scored against an unlicensed Real Madrid, it was a generic team with white kits. The players of this team have generic faces and squad numbers that aren't being used in the real team.

The goals in the trailer weren't scored against an unlicensed Real Madrid, it was a generic team with white kits. The players of this team have generic faces and squad numbers that aren't being used in the real team.

True. I think people are trying to base it off Madrid because of the PES 2017 vs Real Life video, the Iniesta goal.

Say what you want but what Adam has done for PES in just 2 years is HUGE.
I can't help but think how further the series could have gotten had he been in this position since the start of the Next Gen.

:APPLAUD::TU:

No. According to Adam, there will be sn embargo during the PES Day wich will not allow playtesters to show recorded videos on internet:

But Adam said that this embargo will be very short, probably it will be lifted in the same week, so we might get to see new videos next week, just not on 02 august (next tuesday).

Embargo ends 4 August

mark that day on your calendar, lots of information and videos

two things I ask, I don't know if KONAMI even considered them

1. in game substitution... can they make the substitutions in game like when you select a kicker for free kicks, corners, pks? That would really improve the flow of the game if we didn;t have to pause and go to the menu every time

2. when selecting teams to play online, let us pair up first then select teams with the opponent so we avoid matchups of Real Madrid vs Croatia for example.

yes, i agree. a fast way to sub players, on the fly through the in game menu without going 4 pages deep.

I've been listening to B-man's podcast about the trailer.
I sincerely hope for him and his friendthat the Retail version will be as good as they think it might be. They are very, very enthousiastic about the trailer.

People here are often (and rightly so) very critical about Konami's PR, but with this trailer they really scored. People will complain about hype (or overhyping), but that is their job.

Personally i would have liked to see a trailer that focused less on Barcelona, but with the exclusivity deal they have with Barcelona, they would be mad not to do what they have done.

I would have preferred footage from teams like Lille, Nantes, Palermo, Sassuolo, PSV and others...but of course that would not be good PR.

You listened! Aww shucks buddy you made me hard:))

I did like the trailer it was good IMO. I loved the concept of them recreating Barca's goals. Some people mentioning the defending in it but it was designed to show off those recreated goals. Anyone who has played the game has said defensive side of the game is really good this year so I'm pretty confident.

Here's the thing, I've come to realize no game is going to be perfect their are going to be flaws.

It's a matter of what you personally can live with and without. For example, I'm not big into tech, would I love great tech-absolutely-but if the game feels like I'm playing real footy with the controller in my hand then I can get over tech that isn't pushing the bar like other next-gem games. But for other footy gamers I know tech is a HUGE deal. So I believe it will come down to personal preference this year.

I keep hearing a cross between PES 2014 Leaked Demo and PES 2016. I know their are still going to be awkward animations from PES 2016 so I'm not going to be let down as I'm expected some of those to still be in there. But if the game "feels" good with the controller in my hand I'll take it after a decade of shit.

Back
Top Bottom