Staff
15 June 2007
Germany
BVB / Arsenal
First NBA2k17 news :))

13765890_10157171356270305_3208491657447758010_o.jpg

13723848_10157171361520305_4512299484709937048_o.jpg

13730961_10157171366830305_5567383042845083983_o.jpg

> https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mygm-myleague-league-expansion/10153690401877267

*NEW* Playoffs

they taking a page from Konami's book...taking away something, reintroducing it and calling it new....but I'm glad it came back cause I love playing Playoff mode with friends...

They are making new menus!

Finally they got rid of the 3D bullshit that only slow them down, ain't nothing wrong with static menus if they are well design.

Hopefully the navigation will be better too, they need to cut so much bs from this game, I'm glad they apparently finally realized this.

Positives so far:

Start today
Playoff Mode
Expansion Mode
International Teams

Weird how we are 7 weeks until the new game comes out and not one screenshot or gameplay information has been released.

From the pic it looks like they have updated Carmelo, Klay and Kyrie. Everyone else looks the same. They still don't have a proper face for Deandre and the majority of the legends look like shit again. 2k17 is really going to have blow me away with gameplay and my career improvements as I still play 2k16 and will have no problem hanging onto it if there are not enough improvements.

They are truly in cruise mode when it comes to PR for the new game.

Even for 2K, this little information about the game so close to launch is a new record, it's very annoying.

Kyrie's waist is way too thick. A lot of these ball players are really slim. They were on the right track last year but this looks like a big step back,

I was on the fence this year. Was really considering skipping 2k17. I've change my mind after seeing the 75 improvement list over at operation sports. This game just became a must buy for me. All the new stuff they added for franchise mode makes pes and fifa career modes look like absolute TRASH.

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is available now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. You can download it for free. Don't forget to use the NBA-2k17-face-scan-app which is available-now-for-android-ans iOS. Download MyNBA2K17 and get a face scan that you can use for the prelude.

I tried the face scan but it was getting on my nerves so I ditched it.

I like the premise of The Prelude but the execution is really bad.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Friday.

Have you played Madden 17 yet? I have to say that it does a better job of replicating the actual sport than FIFA does. Heck, it even has even better commentary than NBA 2k.

The commentary in 2K this year is being ramped up but I'm impressed that you say Madden is even better. Does the commentary still come from the rear speakers?

I haven't played Madden since Larry Fitzgerald was on the cover, there is something about it that puts me off. I'm not sure how to explain it, the game just doesn't look right.

I want to play it because I love the NFL but I'm not convinced.

I've got the game but probably won't have any real impressions until next weekend.

Hi, my girlfriend bought it to me as a gift yesterday. I'm on crunch at work but had to stop and try the game. 2 hours later I was still playing and had to stop. First impressions: I like it a lot. Some of the things that I didn't like before have been toned down or improved, specially how the CPU can rain 3s against you if you allow it, no more "bumping" all the time against CPU players, no suction... Seems good.

The commentary in 2K this year is being ramped up but I'm impressed that you say Madden is even better. Does the commentary still come from the rear speakers?

I haven't played Madden since Larry Fitzgerald was on the cover, there is something about it that puts me off. I'm not sure how to explain it, the game just doesn't look right.

I want to play it because I love the NFL but I'm not convinced.

I didn't even see this question. My bad. The play by play commentary is fantastic. They release weekly updates relevant to what is happening in real games. The only bad thing about the audio is that crowd noise, music and the pa announcer is still too low unless you are wearing headphones. Last madden I had was Madden 25 on last gen and I have to say that 17 is HUGE improvement in terms of visuals, player weight, WR/DB interactions, franchise mode, special teams, running (the cpu ai runs like a human opponent). One thing they really need to work on his the battle in the trenches - how OL and DL interact. It's a really good game 8/10. For me the best American football game I have ever played.

@drekkard: How is the on-ball defense this year? Can you actually defend properly this year? Lateral movement was terrible in 2k16

Back
Top Bottom