WEplayWE - Where the LEGEND of WE9LE Lives On...

soyo

WEplayWE Creator
28 November 2007
Hey guys.

There are so many of us (WE9LE lovers) scattered around, that I always wanted to find some place for us, where all the players who want to play this amazing game online would come together for easy access to one another (and with that, for easy access to online gaming).

I thought it will be good to get together on one of the hamachi networks but I was unfortunetly aware recently that those networks have limit of members (16). My network got full recently, and because there were still new people interested in the game, I had to think of something.

The good thing from that was that there is more willing people to play it than I expected at first. The bad news is that Hamachi is no good if we want to get all people at one place.

If somebody is interested for some online gaming, or if somebody will come to this place in the future, please don't hesitate and feel officialy invited :)

Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (WE9LE PC)
WEplayWE.PL

My nickname: Luk. Do not be disturbed by the amount of members there. The forum was just created ;)

cheers

Been playing we9le all this time...
i have to say this game is so so enjoyable!
i have to highlight some key points here:
1. People raving about 360 passing on pes2011, would know that u have the general passing in We9le game which directs the pass mostly, where you would want it to be, mostly, and for other situations u can always use super cancel.
2. the movement and the flow of the game is superb.
3. the defense AI is particularly good, not like the dumb-fucks of pes 2011 who jus let the ball roll in front of them.Thats the most annoying part there. With WE9le, you wont find ur defenders acting like fools. Infact the awesome part is how the wing back mark the oppostion wingers, they just get stuck to them
OK i know the freedom, individualism is not there like in pes 2011, but still its very enjoyable.

3.the attack and defence AI, both are good, forms a perfect balance between the two. although the field seems very small and you get less time for buildup, but for a 10-15 min game, this is what i would like.You can get hammered if you are not positioning yourself welland at the same time can hammer oppsition if he is complacent. With pes2011, setting the tactics ensure a certain amount of laxity towards the game..Also it encourages cheap play.

4.the aerial balls are just fantastic, the through balls are also good, wont say it is better than pes 2011, but its beautifully balanced.

5. The animations like muddy kits during okay, colliding animations, injuries etc all are great.

PS: Been playing this for over 2 months now, n desparately craving for new OF and patches. all thanks to Luk and team.
Also tried some pes 2011 lately, and it felt easy really. i mean just use the through pass button and mostly it gets to your player on the wings, these defenders just dont care about these through passes :RANT: Also i can tackle the hell out of the player after he has passed the ball without getting punished,
bottom line is i like WE9LE more than pes 2011 as its more enjoyable!

Hey guys I have to jump into the convo here.......... I must agree with Luk ... I have been playing pes and we games since we7 and have spent many hundreds of hours playing. Me and some buddies have done many leagues and tournaments. Starting with we7 I went on to we8 and then we9 then to pes5 then pes6 and pes2008 after that I stopped buying soccer games and only playing the demos. Mind you these are the only ones that i have put MANY hours into i have played many others also including many fifa titles. After speaking to Luk and hearing about we9le i was very skeptical also but having now played well over 150 matches online and offline i must admit Luk is correct we9le is the most balanced, realistic, and entertaining game in the series. Yes the graphics may not be as good and 2011 may have some more features but as far as gameplay goes there is no comparison we9le wins in almost all catagories. So if you just dont like the graphics or have never played it i seriously reccommend playing we9le for at least 25 games before badmouthing it just give it a chance its amazing.

(and btw I SUPPORT NEW GAMES VERY MUCH IM NOT JUST SAYING THIS CAUSE I ONLY PLAY OLD GAMES, I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO IS AFRAID OF ANYTHING NEW I LOVE ALL GAMES AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST"

this is a word from man who played ISS from the beggining and played 99.5% of his matches vs human opponent

Konami got it all wrong after 2 points...

first, I remember like today, when Seabass had look at WC 2006 in Germany and decided that "defenses" win games...thats why we got arcadish PES6 with similar goals all the way...because he cropped pes5/we9/we9le defence structure...all of sudden you were able to come in 3 passes in front of opponents goal, midfield game was non existant, star players aliens, and attackers always coming first when goalie rejects the ball, goalies animations suddenly became so unrealistic...

with pes6 lost his soul and became a arcadish game

second downfall was importing next gen...pes2008 was utter rubbish, pes2009 even worse with full sprint 90 degrees dribblings, pes2010 total crap with loads of AI mistakes and rejections that so lame preffer attackers...2011 was totaly random, who gives a heck about manual passing and 360 degrees when Your stupid defender doesnt move his leg 2cm to get to ball...it is just UNBELIEVEBLE to see, how your players react to balls and passing lanes in WE9LE/pes5 and how they react in game 5 years later...during the years i couldnt believe that KONAMI stripped so many good stuff from WE9LE that werent present at more modern games...the whole forum wouldnt have enough bandwith :D...for example, you had an option, if You had skill, to decide how long and how high is going a lob shot...from pes6 they killed that and put l1+shoot and AI to decide in various situations how the lob will look...I could go with those examples for hours

ball pyshics, goalie reactions, duels, similarity to real life players style, shooting (what the hell with that all balls have trajectory like cr7 going up shoot?)...all together, major downfall from a game 5 years older...are You kidding me, KONAMI? :TTTH:

when playing pes2011, im getting a feeling that im playing a "fixed game", that my defenders or goalie got "some money" to lose a game for a bookies :FAIL: ...

yes, we got nice graphics, but somehow we lost gameplay that used to be fun and REAL...i will always remember this sentence from PES guru, my friend Juce, creator of Kitserver

I simply cant believe how many situations are present in modern PES games that look like You dont have impact at all, so much random stuff...in we9le that feeling is almost non existant and that is why that game is BEST EVER!:WORSHIP:

Ill answer that, WE9LE is based on build up play. The ball is not automated like pes 6,as in the passing, it is not manual per se but you have to really know your players foot position or if hes running too fast to pass properly, and it is very evident in shooting too. Pes6 is hit the button and the computer does the rest. WE9LE is HARD to master and can become frustrating if you are used to fast automated passing, running down the wing, crossing, and heading in all with simple taps of a button. We9le is truly the masters game, that will challenge you.

Ps. Im not ragging on Pes6, I love the game, more for the tweaked 1p master league, but for sheer realism everyone should experience the 2p WE9LE game.

So what are you waiting for? Get downloading and online!

play WE9LE for couple of days. ye you will get frastrated in the first 3-4 matchs especially if you are coming back from PES2011 or fifa. i was hella frastrated, but when i got used to it again. Man what a relief. BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!

Last edited:
Re: WE9LE Facebook group (to find players for online play)

Nice idea!
;)

Anybody else would like to join ? There is over 50 of us now, so there is plenty of players to play with :)

So many people here played WE9LE over the years, and I'm sure there are still many who play the game even as we speak. I hope they will find their way to our group.

cheers

People should just try WE9/PES5/WE9LE and then they'll see that the newer stuff is just crap compared to it.

But there are alot of graphics whores out there...

it was the best one. i'll try to refind it and rejoin you guys.

People should just try WE9/PES5/WE9LE and then they'll see that the newer stuff is just crap compared to it.

I'm far from a "graphics whore" and I think PES 2011 is far superior to PES5 in pretty much every respect.

Don't generalise...

it was the best one. i'll try to refind it and rejoin you guys.
Join the group and either chat to me(Luk Luka), or send me PM. I will help you out with links and explain what you need.

cheers

I'm far from a "graphics whore" and I think PES 2011 is far superior to PES5 in pretty much every respect.

Don't generalise...
Have you ever played WE9LE?

Have you ever played WE9LE?
Yes.

Your nuts then.
You're*

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.
I disagree with your views on PES 2011 but I'm not calling you "nuts", thats just childish.

I'll debate the pros and cons of games, and challenge people's reasoning (that's what discussion forums are for) but making statements like these is just pathetic;

the newer stuff is just crap compared to it.
Stating opinion as fact, giving no justification for that view.

Making a generalisation that people who prefer PES 2011 do so purely for the graphics, which is absurd.
I play Dream Match Tennis over Virtua Tennis 2009/Top Spin 3, Virtual Pool 3 over World Snooker Real 2009, Football Manager over FIFA Manager... I could go on, just proving the point I don't really care much for graphics.

What are the problems/errors with WE9LE?
It's not problems/bugs/errors as such that I'm basing my views on - WE9LE is a very solid, well made football game with very few noticeable faults, and I think it was the best football game available by a huge margin prior to PES 2011, and it's still only second in my mind to 2011.

Don't get me wrong, WE9LE is still a fantastic game, I'm not saying otherwise.

I was just replying to bussinrounds immature, insulting comments towards people such as me who prefer PES 2011.

Personally, PES 2011's appeal is in it's more advanced gameplay - the 360 degree movement adds aso much more realism, variation and skill to the dribbling, first touches and general movement with or without the ball.

The manual passing allows you to spray the ball about with complete freedom, allowing accurate, effective long balls as well as opening up endless possibilities in the final third.

In WE9LE, you're limited to carrying/touching the ball in 8 directions (16 when sprinting) which is very restrictive and unrealistic, and feels very dated after experiencing 2011's true 360 movement.
You're also limited when it comes to playing the ball, the long passing in PES on all the PS2 versions was one of my main complaints - you were always relying on your intended target (be it into space or directly to a player) being in one of eight directions (for a "manual" pass) or hope that the CPU "assists" your pass to go where you wanted it.
In PES 2011, you can get the ball with a technical midfielder, create space with a few touches, assess the play, then just hold L2 and you can hit anywhere on the pitch (depending on attributes, posture, pressure etc.) with pinpoint precision.

I could go on but this is probably enough for one post :P.

Last edited by a moderator:

And there are no faults in PES2011? Because if it was like that PLUS 360degree system, I would give you a point that PES2011 is overally better, more realistic football simulation than WE9LE.

It's not problems/bugs/errors as such that I'm basing my views on - WE9LE is a very solid, well made football game with very few noticeable faults, and I think it was the best football game available by a huge margin prior to PES 2011, and it's still only second in my mind to 2011.

Don't get me wrong, WE9LE is still a fantastic game, I'm not saying otherwise.

I was just replying to bussinrounds immature, insulting comments towards people such as me who prefer PES 2011.

Personally, PES 2011's appeal is in it's more advanced gameplay - the 360 degree movement adds aso much more realism, variation and skill to the dribbling, first touches and general movement with or without the ball.

The manual passing allows you to spray the ball about with complete freedom, allowing accurate, effective long balls as well as opening up endless possibilities in the final third.

In WE9LE, you're limited to carrying/touching the ball in 8 directions (16 when sprinting) which is very restrictive and unrealistic, and feels very dated after experiencing 2011's true 360 movement.
You're also limited when it comes to playing the ball, the long passing in PES on all the PS2 versions was one of my main complaints - you were always relying on your intended target (be it into space or directly to a player) being in one of eight directions (for a "manual" pass) or hope that the CPU "assists" your pass to go where you wanted it.
In PES 2011, you can get the ball with a technical midfielder, create space with a few touches, assess the play, then just hold L2 and you can hit anywhere on the pitch (depending on attributes, posture, pressure etc.) with pinpoint precision.

I could go on but this is probably enough for one post :P.
Your absolutely right that certain aspects about it are better, like the passing, ect.

But the horrible defensive ai (defenders terrible tackling/ watching through balls rolling right past their feet. Just watch the replays ) makes for a another version that unrealistically favors the offensive side of the ball.

what i'm talking about here is the overall balance of the game, which i think you would agree is more realistic in WE9/LE/PES5.

Plus the player switching alone on the new game is reason enough to still play WELE, it's so atrocious.

Last edited:

There are currently signups for our first league on the FB group. The signups are till this friday. If anybody is interestedd, please join FB group as soon as posible, to not miss the chance(the second season will start in at least 3-4 months, since league will be done in 1week/1game fashion)

what i'm talking about here is the overall balance of the game, which i think you would agree is more realistic in WE9/LE/PES5.
I have to fix this statement ^^^, cause it's ALMOST perfect :)

"what i'm talking about here is the overall balance of the game, which i think you would agree is the most realistic in WE9LE."

There ;)

Lets not forget, WE9LE is not the same as PES5 or WE9. It is superior game to both, as this is the last game released from the "PES5 series".

Last edited:

Hey again guys :)

Little Update...

We have managed to create our own dedicated 24/7 server, which makes preparing to playing online much easier to do, and also gathers us all in one place when playing. Also we fixed some small problems with the 2010/2011 patch. Right now it all runs smooth. The number of people that are part of our group is almost 100, so the group grown a lot in a little over 1 month.

Here's something for some of you who like youtube. This is a full match for you too see, to prove that WE9LE is indeed the most realistic, the most reality-like game there is. The gameplay, the flow of this game, and the satisfaction of scoring(which is not as easy as in other games - again, something closer to reality ;)) is amazing. The videos won't ever do this game justice, but trust me. It's deffinetly worth trying.

cheers

YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part1
YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part2
YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part3
YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part4
YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part5

And here is something more "flashy" ;), so you don't think you can't score great goals in this game, you can't do great actions and all. It's all in this game ;)
Defense+Offense, the most perfect ballance you've ever seen in any football game.

YouTube - Winning Eleven 9 LE Goals
YouTube - WE9LE 2009/10
YouTube - WE9LE Gol Compilation - "Everytime We Touch"
YouTube - Goles Winning Eleven

This is no lie........ Soyo is onto something big here. There is a very quickly growing community behind this game. Not only is it superior but there are 24/7 servers for online play........... yes that right i said SERVERS as in more than one...... WE9LE also has new and updated stats with new patches in the works........ I too was originally a we9 ps2 player until i was told about this game....... IMO it is superior in many ways to pes5 and we9(usa) take my word for it and check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU PLAY ANY FORM OF KONAMI SOCCER AND KNOW ABOUT THE SERIES THEN I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED

wow! credit to people who still endeavor for the pes 5 series,its amazing to know that after all those evolution in this series, the pes 5 remains the benchmark. there were so many great features that had to stay but were removed with no apparent reason..
just downloaded the game! thanks to soyo,keep up the good work

Can PES 5 stadiums work using stadiumserver in WE9LE? And if yes where can I get PES 5 stads since there's not much on the internet now. I remember when on some sites carried a ton of PES 5 stadiums and when PES 6 gained popularity all the stadiums for the former just disappeared :(.

wow! credit to people who still endeavor for the pes 5 series,its amazing to know that after all those evolution in this series, the pes 5 remains the benchmark.
;)

And within the PES5 series(PES5, WE9, WE9i, WE9 J and so on) WE9LE is the ultimate best version of the game. Don't forget to add that ;)

there were so many great features that had to stay but were removed with no apparent reason..
160 people in our group feels exactly the same :]

just downloaded the game! thanks to soyo,keep up the good work
:COOL:

Can PES 5 stadiums work using stadiumserver in WE9LE?
WE9LE and PES5 is basicly like 75-80% the same game, build on the same engine, but just tweaked, with bugs got ridden off. It's like Half Life epidose 1 and 2. Both build on the same engine.

With that being said, almost everything from PES5 works with WE9LE. It just needs to be adjusted depending on what you need. Kitserver stuff work the same though, so no problem with the stadiums whatsoever.

And if yes where can I get PES 5 stads since there's not much on the internet now. I remember when on some sites carried a ton of PES 5 stadiums and when PES 6 gained popularity all the stadiums for the former just disappeared :(.
Send me a PM, and I'll try to help you out mate :COOL:

ps. Interested to give WE9LE a go?

This is great.
Guys, if you really like this game and you just played it offline until now, don't hesitate to join.
Thanks for this, soyo.

Yo, great gameplay. But the gameplay is more PES 2011 than PES6! PES6 players have to inure on the gameplay. All in One: Very good game.

jus played this game today and i have to say the balance between attack and defence is sublime.. those hair tearing moments just dont appear, those moments when the defenders just stand there ball watching etc etc..
wow its great to relive those good times again.
all those features that we yearn for are in this game,
though the passing n crossing are assisted but it never feels out of place..

Pes 2011 is a great game but for me we9LE us the benchmark.

thanks to SOYO!!!

This is great.

Thanks for this, soyo.
Don't mention it ;)

Yo, great gameplay. All in One: Very good game.

jus played this game today and i have to say the balance between attack and defence is sublime.. those hair tearing moments just dont appear, those moments when the defenders just stand there ball watching etc etc..
wow its great to relive those good times again.
all those features that we yearn for are in this game,
though the passing n crossing are assisted but it never feels out of place..

Pes 2011 is a great game but for me we9LE us the benchmark.

thanks to SOYO!!!
;)

If anybody would be interested in being part of the WE9LE 2011/12 project(you don't need to be expierienced in editing/patching, just have some free time every week/two weeks), to make the game even more popular and get the recognition it deserves, contact me here through PM, or at our FB group:
Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (WE9LE PC) - WEplayWE
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146803765372899&ap=1

logobl.png

Title screen for upcoming WE9LE patch...

full screen:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4760/title2f.png

title5.png

Main menu screen...

Full screen:
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7765/menu7.png

menu7b.png

credits:
Logo artwork - _anderson
Title/Main menu screen artwork - ezosk

Last edited:

i want play We9Le online but i dont have We9le. Can anyone share link download WE9LE and guide to me play online? thank

i want play We9Le online but i dont have We9le. Can anyone share link download WE9LE and guide to me play online? thank
I can't do it here. Please allow PM's for your profile, so I can send you private message, or join our Facebook group.

cheers

ps. Anybody else, please feel free to contact me.

Just to let know the guys who will stumble upon this thread. We moved from Facebook to our own forum, under this address:

weplaywe.pl

Hope to see you all there, so we can all enjoy the most realistic football game ever released :)

cheers

I am playing Pes 5 online with Russian players. But I want to play WE9LE with international players.

What should I do now?
I joined facebook group.
I joined weplaywe.pl

my english is bad..sorry.
I am using google translate ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom