FIFA 10 Custom Tactics / Formations

How many styles are there that would be needed really? Examples like fast-passing, wide, attack-minded would be one template. Then you've got the opposite, so that's two templates right there which would fit a lot of teams.

So 14 different styles, which we can then reverse and that becomes another tactic/template.

Thats the reason why I reduce the values of 3 attributes at 15% for each player in a team: pass speed, acceleration and sprint speed.

Unfortunately editing stats in FIFA is a pain in ass. You need about 30 minutes for one team... but after you finish 2 teams... its simply amazing to play. Right now, I finished PSV Eindhoven, FC Porto, Chelsea FC, Bayern Munich, Olympique Lyon, Juventus Turin and Piräus.
Teams to go: Manchester United, Liverpool FC, Arsenal FC, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Benfica Lisbon, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.

We will play a European League with some mates :CONFUSE:

I tried that SYS-DATA file that someone uploaded that contains edits to the passing stats of tall the EPL teams. It does make a difference to the overall speed of the game.

We need someone to create a HEX editor with a nice front-end so we can hack ino the file and do global stat changes. No way am I doing what you're attempting to do and manually going through player by player.

Or even better, is anyone able to create some standard templates that we can apply to a number of teams?

Rather than just have 28 teams accurately fixed, I'd rather do what was mentioned earlier and just have templates that I can use to try and make all teams more realistic.

Just create your own. It's easy and quick to do.

How many styles are there that would be needed really? Examples like fast-passing, wide, attack-minded would be one template. Then you've got the opposite, so that's two templates right there which would fit a lot of teams.

So 14 different styles, which we can then reverse and that becomes another tactic/template.

Some suggestions:

Physical long-ball team
Medium/slow, long passing. Lots of crosses. Defend deep and narrow but very aggressive.

Direct team
Medium/fast, long-ish passing to get the ball upfield. Keen to get shots in. Balanced defensively.

Counter-attacking team
Fast paced. High-risk and free-form in attacking third. Defend deep and narrow to draw opponent in.

Organised team
Balanced in attack, organised, low-ish risk. Defensive settings at the lower end of the medium band, looking to maintain shape.

Possession-oriented team
Slow, short passes. Low risk to aid ball retention. Balanced defensively.

Up-tempo team
Quick, short passes, free-form. Press high to recycle possession early.

And so on, that's just six to start with. You could easily build up, say, ten or twelve of those generic styles to be sprinkled around the leagues for variety, leaving you plenty of room for giving certain important/unique teams their own individual sets.

Some suggestions:

Physical long-ball team
Medium/slow, long passing. Lots of crosses. Defend deep and narrow but very aggressive.

Direct team
Medium/fast, long-ish passing to get the ball upfield. Keen to get shots in. Balanced defensively.

Counter-attacking team
Fast paced. High-risk and free-form in attacking third. Defend deep and narrow to draw opponent in.

Organised team
Balanced in attack, organised, low-ish risk. Defensive settings at the lower end of the medium band, looking to maintain shape.

Possession-oriented team

Up-tempo team

And so on, that's just six to start with. You could easily build up, say, ten or twelve of those generic styles to be sprinkled around the leagues for variety, leaving you plenty of room for giving certain important/unique teams their own individual sets.

That's basically what we need, good stuff :TU:

We need someone to create a HEX editor with a nice front-end so we can hack ino the file and do global stat changes. No way am I doing what you're attempting to do and manually going through player by player.

Is it possible? Would be awesome. It is a hell of work to do some teams player by player... but is it really possible to hack a file? And is someone able to do it if possible?

I'm sure it will be possible, but it needs someone with the technical wizardry, inclination and time to crack it.

Such things were created by the community for PES on ps2. Indeed, Konami saw the efforts the community were going to and one year, even included a global stat editor built into the game (perhaps around PES4/5?). They took it out again the following year.

I can't work out if it's possible to rename tactics & formations, rather than the default 4-4-2 Custom 1, Custom 1 Barcelona etc. etc.

It's starting to get quite confusing, not sure if I'm overwriting the right ones.

I'm on the 360

Some suggestions:

Physical long-ball team

Direct team

Counter-attacking team

Organised team

Possession-oriented team

Up-tempo team

That is good suggestion, it should give us some available slots to fill in for teams we are not so familiar yet able to define specific one for the more distinct teams.

I will have a go at it tml and will post my interpretation over here for discussion.

Cheers

It'd be pretty good if we can get some kind of Evo-Web standard where we agree to a set of tactics like the above.

We can then sort out the teams in the game with knowledge from people who support teams in that league. For example people like Tik would be able to give us the best tactics to use for each of the teams in Holland, Chris Davies could tell us how the League One teams play etc.

LIVERPOOL

Rafa Benitez side had been playing a consistent style of football due to the fact that he had been around for a few seasons. But most will wonder how long will it last given his poor run of results lately. Nonetheless, on its day, Liverpool is still a very good team that is hard to beat. Similar to last season, he relied on his 4-4-1-1 formation with torres and gerrard as his main assets in attack.

A slight variation from last season will be the right back position, with the signing of Glen Johnson, we had seen more overlapping runs this season compared to the previous few. As such, we will try to replicate it into the game. Other than that, it is still the same with Kuyt on the right with Lucas filling Alonso role at the moment.

Formation (Position, Name , Att/Def workrate, Att/Def arrow )

GK - Reina
RWB - G.Johnson High/Med Att arrow up
CB - Carragher Low / High
CB - Skrtel Low/High
LB - Insua Med/Med
RM - Kuyt High/Med Att Arrow diagonal left
DM - Masherano Low/High Defend arrow back
CM - Lucas Med/High
LM - Benayoun High/Med Attack arrow diagonal right
CF - Gerrard Med/Med
ST - Torres High/low .

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 50
Passing - 50
Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
Passing - 40
Crossing - 55
Shooting - 60
Positioning - Free Form

Defence
Pressure - 40
Aggression - 60
Width - 50
Defence Line - Cover

Main points for formation

1. With the above settings, you will be able to see a liverpool who is able to do abit of everything. They do send their crosses in but not all the time. Long range shots, yes... when the opportunity arises.

2. Defensively, They do not push too high up the pitch due to the lack of pace for their CB. As such they will sit deeper and their midfield will hustle for ball when without possession.

3. Gerrard is set to CF yet med/med for his att/def workrate because we want him to lurk around the edge of the box occasionally. You know what he can do from there.

4. We want Kuyt and Benayoun to cut inside when necessary as well. Glen Johnson will be supporting the width on the right side.

Feel free to improve the formation

Sorry to go off on a tangent slightly, but did that work ok?

Yeah, it worked fine. Thanks for quoting the original. It proves that squad files can be easily shared.

It also showed me that you can save multiple squad files on your PS3 and interchange between them.

I guess the big problem will be if you make loads of edits to a squad file, and then EA release an update squad file with revised squad and stats. Whilst you can save all you own edits in a separate squad file to pervent them from being overwritten by EA's update, you cannot integrate EA's updates into your edited squad file.

i tried bluechamps custom tactics, I think for when the AI has the ball, the tactics work brilliantly, the problem is when you have the ball. Th toe AI is impossible to dribble past or use the trick moves. it is really frustrating and forget about shooting from distance.. ughh i think MM is just awfull

Dags said:
For example people like Tik would be able to give us the best tactics to use for each of the teams in Holland

:D I have no idea about Dutch football, it's probably been atleast 5 years since I last watched a match. If I want to watch secondrate football I watch the internationals.

Yeah, it worked fine. Thanks for quoting the original. It proves that squad files can be easily shared.

It also showed me that you can save multiple squad files on your PS3 and interchange between them.

I guess the big problem will be if you make loads of edits to a squad file, and then EA release an update squad file with revised squad and stats. Whilst you can save all you own edits in a separate squad file to pervent them from being overwritten by EA's update, you cannot integrate EA's updates into your edited squad file.

Yeah I've now tried it too, trouble is it's made my custom formations go. Aside from that, I still think the CPU pressurises too much, but I'm hoping some legend will make a properly brilliant sqaud file and let us download it.

Of course, your point about EA updates is a very good one.

We can then sort out the teams in the game with knowledge from people who support teams in that league. For example people like Tik would be able to give us the best tactics to use for each of the teams in Holland, Chris Davies could tell us how the League One teams play etc.

:D I have no idea about Dutch football, it's probably been atleast 5 years since I last watched a match. If I want to watch secondrate football I watch the internationals.

I did cross my mind that he was being a bit optimistic thinking that Chris Davies could tell us anything about League One teams. I'm not sure he knows much about how even Tranmere play :BOP:.

Yeah I've now tried it too, trouble is it's made my custom formations go. Aside from that, I still think the CPU pressurises too much, but I'm hoping some legend will make a properly brilliant sqaud file and let us download it.

Of course, your point about EA updates is a very good one.

The solution would be to get EA to implement the custom tactics that we create as part of the official squad file.

That may not be as far-fetched as it sounds. They will surely accept that their own custom tactics were pretty shoddy even for EPL teams, and just pretty much blanket coverage of one generic tactic for all lower league teams.

If they see the community is coming up with something good, and I think neo, Tiktik and co are doing a fine job, given that there are not that many FIFA forums out there (albeit this is actually a PES forum :) ), and Evo-Web is reasonably well respected, despite my presence, there's a good chance they'll get wind of what we're up to.

EA have shown themselves to be more in touch with, and willing to listen to, their customers than, say, Konami. And given we have esteemed members here who have prominent roles in things like the FIFA blog, people like Chris Davies, then we have a potential starting point wih which to make contact with EA. The fact I may have jsut dissed Chris in my previous post was merely a slip of the finger and will surely have no bearing on his willingness to assist.

Neo is spot on w/ his tactics I enjoy a neutral talking up The Arsenal ,but Why not Eduardo in ST and put Persie on the wing?

Its about making teams play more realistically not putting people in positions to make the teams stronger :)

Its about making teams play more realistically not putting people in positions to make the teams stronger :)

Yeah.. that what i trying to do. Make the team play like itself in real life even though it might not be the best formation.

I finding it hard to play as Liverpool... perhaps just like real life.

Nerf suggested that we can sort out the custom tactics in this categories/
Here my version.

Physical long-ball team

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 50
Passing - 80
Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
Passing - 40
Crossing - 70
Shooting - 50
Positioning - Organised

Defence
Pressure - 30
Aggression - 70
Width - 30
Defence Line - Cover

Direct team

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 60
Passing - 70
Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
Passing - 65
Crossing - 50
Shooting - 70
Positioning - Free Form

Defence
Pressure - 50
Aggression - 50
Width - 50
Defence Line - Cover

Counter-attacking team

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 70
Passing - 50
Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
Passing - 80
Crossing - 50
Shooting - 50
Positioning - Free Form

Defence
Pressure - 30
Aggression - 30 (to contain opponent so as to have the opportunity to counter attack)
Width - 50 (I suggest width to be medium so that the wingers are ready to launch a counter attack with ready)
Defence Line - Offside

Organised team

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 40
Passing - 40
Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
Passing - 30
Crossing - 40
Shooting - 35
Positioning - Organised

Defence
Pressure - 40
Aggression - 40
Width - 40
Defence Line - Cover

Possession-oriented team

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 20
Passing - 30
Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
Passing - 30
Crossing - 25
Shooting - 35
Positioning - Free Form

Defence
Pressure - 40
Aggression - 40
Width - 40
Defence Line - Offside

Up-tempo team

Custom Tactics

Build Up Play
Speed - 70
Passing - 30
Positioning - Free Form

Chance Creation
Passing - 80
Crossing - 40
Shooting - 60
Positioning - Free Form

Defence
Pressure - 60
Aggression - 60
Width - 60
Defence Line - Offside.

I hope i had been an accurate interpretation. Will go through more intense testing to get it more spot on.

Next will be categorizing the various teams into this settings.

Want to add this is just a general setting to apply to teams we are not very familiar with and able to save us some custom tactics slots.

BRILLIANT! Exactly what I/we need I think, especially if EA don't update the teams and fix their tactic settings.

Good work! :TU:

Yep, I'd say that's a pretty accurate interpretation there, neo.

I think the only one I'm not sure on is the combination of Deep and Contain for the Counter-attacking team. As a hypothetical theory it is sound, so I understand why you've done it, but I just think that the AI's use of Contain makes them too weak around their own penalty area. When defending so deep, they have to be able to put a tackle in once you get into their defensive third. So I'd maybe nudge Aggression up to a kind of 45-ish area. Maybe it is something to be experimented with.

I'd also wonder if the Counter-attacking team should have Cover rather than Offside, and the Organised team could have Offside rather than Cover.

Otherwise, good job! :TU: Perhaps there are a couple of extra 'templates' we can all come up with just to flesh it out a bit further.

I am still wondering if EA will fixed the Custom Tactics of all championship teams and below...

If not, i will go straight into editing it already... it holding me back from playing chmapionship match and FA cup at the moment. Damn irritating.

As far as I'm aware it will not be fixed before the January squad update.
:CONFUSE:

No FIFA for me until then, then. That's absolutely scandalous as far as I'm concerned, it's a major bug that makes every match the same as the next (and I'm not going to spend hours on a fix for it, knowing that the tactics in the database are accurate enough for me - i.e. at least they're varied).

Back
Top Bottom