The Last Of Us

:LOL:

Gonna get it tonight and i am very happy for not playing it on PS3 when it was released.

Really enjoying it so far i must say, although noticed a few texture issues here, beside that, game seem's to follow up the hype.

50 USD is 29 quid.

I meant more because U.S. games are usually $60 on their store and when compared to uk prices in shops ( £49 - £59). You're better off getting the usa store version as it works out at about £35 so a tenner or more difference.

$50 - £29
I was hoping the usa store price would be more in the region of $40 so there would be that chunk of difference between uk store price and usa store.
I may as well just get the disc with trade in value when there isnt a saving.

Only played the intro part of the remake, and it really is a step up from the PS3 version.

The graphics so far have been a massive step up, AA seems present, much higher res background textures and smoother action scenes due to 60FPS.

Only downside so far seems that the background trees and things still seem very last gen.

Enjoying the game. Definitely worth the purchase.Not a real nextgen but the plot and story made it a must purchase for me.Also the photo mode is really good.
Tried playing on grounded difficulty but it was frustrating with nearly zero supplies. So I settled for survior.
I haven't played Left for behind on PS3, so I'm looking forward to it after completing the main story.

Hoping someone can help.

I bought a PS4 last night and it came with a downloadable TLOU Remastered.

Can anyone confirm that this will defo come with Left Behind?

I was going to sell it on Ebay, as I've played the main game and thought it was good, but not sure what to do.

Can you play Left Behind without completing the game and is it really worth it?

Guess I can get about £15-£20 for the DL game on Fleabay.

TIA

FD

Made the stupid decision to play this game on grounded difficulty.. The only 'similar' game I've played is Uncharted 2 (on normal) so I don't know why I would play this on the hardest difficulty. I must admit I couldn't imagine how difficult it could be. Got to Pittsburgh Alone and Forsaken and got stuck (very little ammo, it is possible to stealth your way through but I'm not that good), haven't played in weeks. Not motivated to start over on an easier difficulty, I would downgrade at least 2 difficulties if I were to. Decided to try out Infamous Second Son, left it on normal (too easy but it didn't drive me mad like TLOU did so I didn't even try playing on hard). Really enjoyed it!

Announced yesterday.
Last of Us Remake for PS5 coming 2nd September.
A PC version is also in development, but no release date has been given.

We’ve implemented modernized gameplay, improved controls, and expanded accessibility options in this single-player experience to allow even more individuals to enjoy the game. Effects, exploration, and combat have all been enhanced. Leveraging the PS5’s powerful hardware, we also implemented 3D Audio*, haptics, and adaptive triggers. Both returning fans and new players alike will have the opportunity to experience both The Last of Us Part I and its prequel story Left Behind in a whole new way.

Last edited:
Announced yesterday.
Last of Us Remake for PS5 coming 2nd September.
A PC version is also in development, but no release date has been given.

We’ve implemented modernized gameplay, improved controls, and expanded accessibility options in this single-player experience to allow even more individuals to enjoy the game. Effects, exploration, and combat have all been enhanced. Leveraging the PS5’s powerful hardware, we also implemented 3D Audio*, haptics, and adaptive triggers. Both returning fans and new players alike will have the opportunity to experience both The Last of Us Part I and its prequel story Left Behind in a whole new way.
Remakes, remasters and more milking while PS5 remains with just a handful of games. No surprise Sony is bringing more and more games to the PC. I'm not even sure they will bother with a PS6 console release. The global economic situation surely didn't help but after almost 2 years it feels like it was a disastrous launch.

Remakes, remasters and more milking while PS5 remains with just a handful of games. No surprise Sony is bringing more and more games to the PC. I'm not even sure they will bother with a PS6 console release. The global economic situation surely didn't help but after almost 2 years it feels like it was a disastrous launch.
While the argument about what needs remaking for contemporary audiences and what art needs to be left be and appreciated as a product of it's time can be had 7 days a week, I don't think any game will go down in history as the most un-necessary remake of all time.

The game is 10 years old and is the best looking game ever made on the PS3, It was remastered for the PS4 in 4K and 60fps which can also be played on PS5, So that's that preserved for at least another 5 years.

Now we've got another version, and a TV show? FFS who's asking for all of this? Why can't a story just be left for what it is in it's medium it worked best on the first time round?

I don't know what planet you are on mate, disastrous is not a word one can use about the PS5 launch. Thankfully, all consoles are doing well which is the best thing for us customers.

That said, I could care less about The Last of Us and this particular thing reminds me of this delightful rant from Jeff Gerstman, about the Resident Evil 1 remake... of a remake

I don't know what planet you are on mate, disastrous is not a word one can use about the PS5 launch. Thankfully, all consoles are doing well which is the best thing for us customers.

That said, I could care less about The Last of Us and this particular thing reminds me of this delightful rant from Jeff Gerstman, about the Resident Evil 1 remake... of a remake

Sorry mate but the launch was disastrous by letting all these scalpers ruining it. I don't even care now and trust me this situation will go on until the end of the cycle of the console. Sony knows about this and you can see it their marketplace where they're "offering" discounts of 5 and 6yr old games in ridiculous prices trying to lure customers that are buying right now PS4 consoles. I'm not a fan of companies, I own a PS4 with Ps Now and Ps Plus, I have a decent PC with gamepass ultimate. Also, I don't care if consoles are doing well. I just want quality games. Milking generations with GTAV, Last of Us etc is unacceptable imo.

I would personally say the PS5 launch wasn't disastrous as the machine completely sold out and you still get a PS5 today due to scalpers.

From the perspective of a consumer, I can see how it has been disastrous as you still can't get a console 2 years after launch.
There are no specific games for the PS5 as yet, except uprated PS4 games - Nothing exclusive to make you buy a PS5 anyway.
The reducing in load times is the only big bonus of the PS5, at the moment.

As for the Last of Us, I wouldn't mind the remake, I just have a problem with Sony charging £70 for it.
I own the PS4 Pro version, which yes graphically is still pretty decent - The main reason to purchase the remake is they are modernising the controls so it plays more like Last of Us Part 2 and won't feel so clunky.
No doubt, I will purchase it when it goes half price in a years time, as I keep saying I want to replay it.

89340f480db3aca3cbb26c8ce62891559e5e621f-1678396326886.jpg

PC version out today, I'd have been tempted if they'd changed/added stuff to it, played it through 3 or 4 times now, not sure I want to do it again...

PC version out today, I'd have been tempted if they'd changed/added stuff to it, played it through 3 or 4 times now, not sure I want to do it again...

Purchased the PC Version as want to play it again and now is the perfect time.

TV Show has just finished and this is kind of a remake with better mechanics than the game had originally.
Was tempted to buy it on PS5, but the price was insane and never went to £25 which would of been my biting point, as still dynamic resolution and restrictive framerate put me off.

So instead bought the PC version from CD Keys for £32.99 as will have slightly better graphics and unlocked frame rate, hopefully should get 100+ FPS maxed out in 4K no problems on my machine.
Will install it when I get home from work, so will let you know how it runs, but after 10 years will finally get to play it again.

I also hope that they mod Ellie on the PC version as she doesn't look anything like she does on the TV show.

Last edited:
We just watched the TV series in about 4 nights, incredible, loved it! Homophobes can go suck a dick!

Yeah there's gotta be a Pedro and Bella mod ASAP! Can't change Tess though in honour of the gone far too soon Annie Wersching, as much as I'm a fan of Anna Torv.

We just watched the TV series in about 4 nights, incredible, loved it! Homophobes can go suck a dick!

Yeah there's gotta be a Pedro and Bella mod ASAP! Can't change Tess though in honour of the gone far too soon Annie Wersching, as much as I'm a fan of Anna Torv.
Your 2nd comment in the first paragraph is completely irrelevant to the game. I can't also understand why there's a need of such a mod. Game was released 10 years ago. The TV show after 10 years. They found Pedro who looks similar to the main protagonist of The Last Of Us and obviously through casting it proved difficult to find people that looked like Ellie or some others.

Back
Top Bottom