The Master League adventures thread

Re: The PES6 Master League Thread

Stringer Bell said:
Who is this Danny geezer?

Me. :mrgreen:

hmmm i'm not too sure about harchester Proff, don't like the idea of my players getting into a 'scandal' every week :roll:

Still not decided yet, so far i've narrowed it down to either Blackburn, Everton or Celtic. I can see the McCarthy & Roberts partnership being deadly. 8)

Think of the off-pitch antics :mrgreen:

Jeff T, i have question if i may. How did you manage to get your emblems to look so nice and clear? I tried importing some i had done in PES5 and they are not as clear. Any ideas? Ta.

Big Boss, Many thanks, I look forward to seeing them:)

Stringer I know the site is down but DB is on a stag weekend in Barcelona, hopefully he should be able to sort it when he returns tomorrow.

WE/PES United will be overwritten with CSKA and Shakhtar, the Bundesliga teams take up 17 of 18 teams in teams C so there is a spare team in there I am still debating what to do with, right now Steaua, Braga and Standard Liege are in contention for that slot

Prof I mainly use Photoshop for the emblems, each one only takes me a couple of minutes so if there are specific ones you want I don't mind doing them for you:)

JeffT said:
Prof I mainly use Photoshop for the emblems, each one only takes me a couple of minutes so if there are specific ones you want I don't mind doing them for you:)

So do i, actually, it's Adobe Photoshop Elements, very similar though. Perhaps i should save at a higher res. I always "save for web" at 128 colours. Perhaps that's why it's not as clear. How do you "save as" Jeff?
If i can't work it out. i'll send you a list, if that's cool. But i'd rather "grow rice" myself. ;)

And on an ML note. Have you seen our friend Castello recently? He's let his hair down. Gone are the cornrows.

Last edited:

I've spotted something that has made me pretty angry. Looking at the PES6 player spreadsheet and working out what I needed to do to improve the stats, I noticed that my Racing defenders attacking ability increases by one each time, as their defending recedes. ie:

............ATT...DEF.....TOT
Garay.....55.....75...=..130
Neru.......56....74....=..130
Oriol.......57....73....=..130
Moraton..58....72....=..130

How convenient! All 4 of my CBs are identikit footballers. The only exception is Alfaro, who was signed last year (I think from Atletico - maybe his stats are the same as their defenders?).

I haven't looked at the rest of the stats but the other thing I noticed just now was that every single Racing player has injury set at "2"!

I'm not sure how bad other teams stats are, but it's very likely that Racing v someone like Osasuna is played out by 22 identical little robot footballers. :roll:

I wouldn't expect them to get every player bang on, but for fooks sake - a vague similarity wouldn't be too much to ask would it!?

Bona tarda!

Feeling a little the worse the wear today chaps. had a great time in barca, beautiful city, beautiful women, great food and a little too much of the old sangria...

if your lucky i might even compile a little scouting report on the game later ;)

db

ps - think the site was down for maintenance

whoops, well that's clearly b*llocks. it appears there must be some kind of limit.

i'll try and investigate, i think i'm gonna have to take the file down for starters

db

Last edited:

Damn being so busy lately with tests and other school-related BS that I'm finding it hard to keep up with you guys.

So JeffT's 1st version of OF was already released?

If so send it to me DB or whoever has it cuz the site is down as you know and I'm eager to have a good base and start re-importing the updated stats I had made for Ligue 1 / La Liga and start playing the game a bit.

I could use other option files as base of course like PESfan V1 or some others that I see in download section but from my experience, JeffT's level of attention to detail is great and using his as a base for my future editing will probably be a worthwhile decision. Which is why I've been waiting for his and just realized first version's already out and I didn't know...

@Nerf, Don't know if you saw it man but I left this msg for you in the PES5 ML thread a few days ago.

@T Butcher Fan, Pablo Alfaro came over from Sevilla after he was deemed kinda 'too old and slow' for their defence and I really don't know why you're surprised about the default DB dude.

I don't think you're new to PES/WE in anyway so I don't know why you assumed, teams like Racing Santander which have always been ignored and are massively inaccurate in every version would NOW be any different! :-s

Even massive clubs like LYON have a $hit load of mistakes in their stats/database in players like Abidal who is among the best left-backs in the world and France's #1 or Malouda who still has wrong height even!! If someone as famous as Abidal is inaccurate and a CB in the game, :rolleyes: , did you really somehow expect Konami to actually care and spend time properly researching players like Pinillios and Felipe Melo and giving them the attributes they deserve? :-s

Nah man... it doesn't work like that and you should really know that by now. My advice to all my friends like you guys is to always set your expecations for default PES/WE database as LOW as posible like I do and you won't be disappointed cuz you'll end up with CRAP when you buy the game but at least you were EXPECTING Crap. :)

EDIT:

@Jeff, I'm not really gonna play with 'other teams' much anyway but I'd go for Steau Bucharest out of those 3 choices dude. It'll make for a more realistic CL atmosphere as well.

Last edited:

PLF said:
always et your expecations for default PES/WE database as LOW as posible like I do and you won't be disappointed

Well, I've always tinkered with the stats of the players I know because they are always wrong (at least in my opinion), but it's only this latest version that I got so fed up with the gameplay as a whole, that I've decided to take a long hard look at it.

Last night I lowered opposition strikers and wingers defence stats to 1 and increased their aggresion to about 90 - this spread the game and stopped it looking like a school playground match. However, I think I may have isolated them a little so I will probably need to increase the defence stat slightly.

That said, they were much better passing games (on both sides), tactically more interesting and much less frantic scrambling. Once I'm happy with that side of things, I will try to address individual players.

Prof, I've just downloaded the PESFan editor - looks great - I just need an option file to edit now! (Or can I download a few?)

According to the great and the good here, Jeff T appears to be the man so I'll wait until the revised version comes out, or is there one available to try now?

PLF - I've seen your Data thread and it looks very interesting. 450 pages though!!?? That's a lot of :study:. If I ever get to the end, I'll come and say hello!

U could try the OF by Milanista90, its in the OF area on this site. Havent tried it myself yet, but it has full Bundesliga, and some stats from PLF are included. So i think its worth a look.

I would definately recommend reading PLF's thread btw. It is by far the best thing ive ever read about PES/WE and Football in general. Offcourse its very long, but after reading everything in the 1st post, u can easily skip the next 100/150 pages as those are pretty old stuff now.

I will try the Milanista OF too...i've donwloaded it and also the editor. But to be honest, i haven't got the faintest clue how to use it.

Would have liked to try Jeff T OF too but it doens't work for me (no Max Drive version ???).

Meanwhile back in Trentino.

Atalanta wins a point against leader AS Roma in the Olimpico:

Manager Gerd DK's Atalanta Bergamo caused a major surprise by coming away with a point against leaders AS Roma.
After 7 matches newly promoted Atalanta are doing rather well in the Serie A with a 7th place.
Yesterday the Trentino outfit faced a tough match against supreme leaders AS Roma in the Olimpico.
The match started splendid for Atalanta when midfielder Migliaco passed the ball to Ventola who made a run and scored a fantastic goal from outside the box after barely 4 minutes.
This was the beginning of a very entertaining match withboth sides attacking relentlessly.
After that early goal, it was AS Roma who dominated the match but Atalanta remained very dangerous on the counter.
Finally it was Vucinic who scored the equaliser in the 87th minute. Atalanta's players were disappointed by the late equaliser, but their manager was very happy with the splendid performance of a team which was seen by the pundits as relegation fodder.

Stan said:
I will try the Milanista OF too...i've donwloaded it and also the editor. But to be honest, i haven't got the faintest clue how to use it.

Would have liked to try Jeff T OF too but it doens't work for me (no Max Drive version ???).

LOL! I was about to write the same thing!!! Stan, I am devoting my lunch hour to this problem and I will let you know how I get on.

I have a Max Drive too by the way - Where can you get Jeff T's OF from? Apparently you can convert from one t'other.

Last edited:

U open the OF Editor by clicking on the: Executable Jar File

Then u choose the OF u want to edit (must be in the xport format!)

That would be nice db...
Terry, i think we have much in common.
I take it you're also waiting for the PSP version of the game.
I'm a PES player who has to wait until my wife and kids don't watch television (late in the evening).

I already had figured out how i had to open it Boss.
But since it's only for Xport files, i guess i can't use it since i only have a Max Drive...

No, u can use it Stan. After editing the xport file, u can covert to maxdrive format yourself, by using the ps2-savebuilder program (there is a link to it on Compulsions site about his OF Editor)

Big Boss said:
U open the OF Editor by clicking on the: Executable Jar File

Then u choose the OF u want to edit (must be in the xport format!)

*Edit* Big Boss can read my mind!

Stan said:
That would be nice db...
Terry, i think we have much in common.
I take it you're also waiting for the PSP version of the game.
I'm a PES player who has to wait until my wife and kids don't watch television (late in the evening).

Yes mate - I'm in the same boat (no kids yet though). Been playing a bit of PES5 on the PSP recently but I keep switching it off by accident!

PLF said:
@Nerf, Don't know if you saw it man but I left this msg for you in the PES5 ML thread a few days ago.
Sorry PLF, somehow I missed that post completely. I haven't really been anywhere, but my Xbox is gathering dust due to lack of use and my PES5 ML ground to a halt, so I didn't have anything to post in here.

But yeah, in general everything's good and I intend to be around. My first impressions of PES6 (PC now) are encouraging, I'll have to wait and see how much a PES6 ML inspires. First - some editing to be done.

Still longing for a pure PLF-stats option file ;)

--

@db, sent you a pm.

Last edited:

Ok, I've got the Editor up and running - now I guess I'll just have a little play. :) If I want to change something (ie. Chelsea London FC) do I have to plop it all into a spreadsheet and do it there? Changing player stats seems easy enough.

Stan, it's a piece of piss once you download the Xport version. Hopefully converting to MaxDrive will be as straightforward.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Last edited:

Im not sure what u mean by spreadsheet TB?

To change London Fc to Chelsea, u just go to Team (in the row of Tabs at the top of the screen) and then u go to LondonFC and change they're name. Easy. :)

Hi BigBoss - thanks for your help so far! Perhaps I'm being thick, but when I click on the team, change something and click save, as soon as I click off that team it goes back to how it was originally.

It doesn't matter much - I've used Jeff's club names for the Prem (Many thanks Jeff and DB!) :salute:

Hmmm, thats weird, i just tried changing a name, saved, exited, and started up again and it was still changed. Did u press ENTER after typing in the name?

OK, i'm trying the Option File Editor aswell.
An example.
In Jeff T's OF Mbark Boussoufa of Anderlecht is a German player. That's a mistake (Moroccab player). What do i have to do to change this and what do i have to do to change his stats???

Back
Top Bottom