Konami signs deal with UEFA to bring Euro 16

Tech 999

Unattached
23 September 2007
Bergamo
Just saw this if its already posted mods please delete. Strangely I recently started playing Euro 2008 and was frustrated by EA lackluster gameplay hopefully there be no more of that by things to come.

KONAMI acquires UEFA EURO 2016 video game licence
Publisher's: Wednesday 5 August 2015, 10.09CET
Konami Digital Entertainment, the publisher of Pro Evolution Soccer, has acquired the official UEFA EURO 2016 video game licence, showcasing the tournament in France.

UEFA EURO 2016 in France will see, for the first time, 24 teams gather for the initial group matches before progressing to the knockout rounds. The EURO finals field has risen as the profile of the championship has grown since the inaugural 1958–60 competition. Indeed it has increased from four to eight teams, then 16 and now 24, meaning almost half of UEFA's 54 member associations will contest the European crown in 2016.

Host nation France and 23 sides from all over Europe will compete for the famed Henri Delaunay Cup, with the opening game to be played on 10 June at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, and the final taking place at the same venue exactly one month later on 10 July. Altogether, 51 matches will be held, spotlighting Europe's greatest football talent.

KONAMI will work closely with UEFA to reproduce UEFA EURO 2016's on-field excellence with the skill, control and authenticity that the PES series is famed for.

Guy-Laurent Epstein, marketing director at UEFA Events SA, said: "We are very happy to expand our successful collaboration with Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. to our national team competitions. KONAMI is a great licensing partner and has provided top-quality video games for our club competitions for many years. We look forward to this newest extension of the PES series, created specifically for UEFA EURO 2016, further engaging with football fans around Europe and the world."

Erik Bladinieres, European brand director of football for Konami Digital Entertainment B.V., said: "We are extremely proud to be working with UEFA around EURO 2016. The PES series is famed for showing football at its very best and is created by a team that truly loves and understands it. We are committed to representing UEFA EURO 2016 in a way that truly reflects the status of this epic tournament. UEFA EURO 2016 is a stunning gathering of European talent and we are committed to producing the definitive representation of top-level football."

For more information about KONAMI and its products, please visit www.konami-europe.com.

I think Konami have better wipes and cams than fifa so I think if nothing the presentation will suit for PES as they normally match it directly. I felt with fifa they got early release graphics and "slap them together".

Back
Top Bottom