FIFA13 Sliders

Hell no!!! It's still difficult for me to score.

I feel like a dumb because I don't know how does the sliders work. I think that, if I give to the CPU an error pass of 70, he will make more mistakes. Am I right? Or is exactly the opposite?

When you say "lower" it means that I need to change the settings from, per exemple, 50 > 65?

My problem is that I can't play a nice football. I do a lot of effort to create chances of goal but I still can't score. It is frustating. If I play on Professional it is very easy. In World Class is almost impossible...

Thanks anyway. ; )

I think if I just make some adjustments on "Positioning" I might have more pleasure on playing.
Could you please help me to understand this thing? Sorry for my english :D

Positioning: Marking - 80/80
(for that CPU make less marking, I need to put above the 80 or below the 80?)

Positioning: Run Frequency - 40/40
(for that CPU players make less runs, I need to put above the 40 or below the 40?)

Positioning: Line Height - 55/55
(for less CPU Line height, I need to put above the 55 or below the 55?)

Positioning: Line Length - 45/45
(for less CPU Line lenght, I need to put above the 45 or below the 45?)

Positioning: Line Width - 45/45
(for less CPU Line widht, I need to put above the 45 or below the 45?)

Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 50/50
(for less CPU fullback positioning, I need to put above the 50 or below the 50?)

Best regards,

If the slider is called "error" then the higher you make it the worse the CPU gets, example pass error, shot error, first touch error, 0 = no errors, 100 = always errors.

To have the CPU mark you less you lower the slider, 80 is they mark a lot, 20 is they mark very little

Legendary default is much harder than legendary with my sliders (the aim of my slider set is to make legendary more human like), so if you lower it to world class but still use the same sliders as mine the game will be easier than default world class.

just made the switch to full manual controls and the game plays soooooooooo much better!

did only a couple of tweaks on my earlier set to compensate for the lack of assistance.

i'm in fifa heaven. really loving this game now.

Controls: Full Manual
Tactical Defending

Difficulty: Legendary

Half Time: 10 minutes

Game Speed: Slow

Sliders - User/CPU
Sprint Speed - 44/44
Acceleration - 48/48
Shot Error - 55/55
Pass Error - 51/61
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 50/50
Injury Frequency - 68/77
Injury Severity - 21/21
Goalkeeper Ability - 65/56
Positioning: Marking - 68/68
Positioning: Run Frequency - 39/39
Positioning: Line Height - 51/51
Positioning: Line Length - 45/45
Positioning: Line Width - 47/47
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 56/56
Power Bar - 57
First Touch - 52/54

the set above works for semiassisted controls aswell.

just change user shot error to 57 if using semi shooting
and user pass error to 58 if using semi passing

semi crossing is optional, no need to change any slider.

placebo just want to tell you i really enjoying the game with yours sliders!the only bad think is that i cant play online anymore because it feels so bad with assisted and game speed

Nice to hear thanks! Yeah I don't play online but I do the challenges from time to time and it's so hard having to play on default settings, such a stale game of football that way.

HAs anyone got relistic Injury settings, I don't seem to get very many injuries in my game, and any i do are for no more that 2 weeks...lol very un-realistic.

Injuries are really weird in FIFA. I've been playing with the frequency slider set to max but I'll still go months at a time without anything.

I keep the severity slider at 45 because having frequency at max, you do risk having too many major injuries within a short period of time.

But yeah, injury settings are just weird. I've had eight players out at once, then go a couple months without as much as a pulled muscle.

I wonder why the injury feature is so hard for EA to get right?

I'm happy with my injury settings, get the odd longer term one, probably 4-5 medium/long term injuries a season, although I tend to get 2 or 3 broken ankles in the same week sometimes!

The number of medium to major injuries seems okay to me. The problem with my careers has been a) consistency and b) the number of minor injuries. With playing with max injury settings, you'd think I'd be seeing muscle tweaks and little nicks every game, but that's not the case.

Hi guys!!! I ve switched to Fifa 13 been playing pes for loooong time. But now i enjoy playing football as never before. I wasn't expecting that. I consider myself experienced in football games so i got legendery and Placebo sliders. I find them GREAT!!! I use ver.0.7 with some tweeks for getting the best out of them. So here are Placebo FSB0.7 with some tweeks from me. Tell me what you think :D

---------------
All Manual controls
Tactical defending
---------------
Game Settings
---------------
8 Minute halves
Legendary
Slow
---------------
User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 48/48
Acceleration - 49/48
Shot Error - 52/52
Pass Error - 55/70
Shot Speed – 50/50
Pass Speed - 55/50
Injury Frequency - 70/80
Injury Severity - 45/60
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/48
Positioning:Marking - 90/45
Positioning:Run Frequency - 50/50
Positioning: Line Height - 52/52
Positioning: Line Length - 48/48
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 60/60
Power Bar - 57
First Touch Control Error - 55/60
Tell me what you think. Thanks!

Last edited:

placebo,

I've taken up your sliders with no changes, as well as the camera angle and all-manual controls,on legendary, 10 minute games, but I have a few questions.

I wonder why you give the user such high shot and pass error when playing manual? Wouldn't it be reasonable to put those sliders at zero and simply account for our own mistakes? I haven't tried them at zero but I'm asking why I might introduce error to manual controls?

Also, if you could please imagine this scenario: In a 4-2-3-1 formation I have the ball on the right side, about midway, on the foot of my right midfielder. I see my CF make a run and launch a long, lofted through ball over my CAM to that on-the-run CF, but the cursor only switches the CAM (who is a good 20 yards south of the ball's landing point) and not the CF (who is in a good position to handle the ball but is not in my control).
I don't remember this happening in other camera angles. I guess what I am saying is that the cursor often switches to the middle player during a long, lofted through ball. On regular long balls, the cursor switching is fine. Any advice, placebo, if you have encountered this. --I have cursor-switching to Airballs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Couple of reasons, firstly manual isn't truly manual, secondly my slider set lowers the AI's ability on legendary (to make them a little more human in how they play) so I add extra error into my passing/shooting to compensate.

The switching issue is something we've talked about in the past, annoying bug, typical for Fifa, all you can do is learn to be aware of the lack of switching and tap your analogue stick to switch to the correct player whilst the ball is in the air :)

Couple of reasons, firstly manual isn't truly manual, secondly my slider set lowers the AI's ability on legendary (to make them a little more human in how they play) so I add extra error into my passing/shooting to compensate.

The switching issue is something we've talked about in the past, annoying bug, typical for Fifa, all you can do is learn to be aware of the lack of switching and tap your analogue stick to switch to the correct player whilst the ball is in the air :)

Yes, I'll look back on other pages for discussions about switching.

I suppose you are right, that manual isn't truly manual, and perhaps I am hoping for too much to have a completly human experience as a manual player.

I am enjoying your sliders on legendary. The cpu plays an interesting, varied buildup and the marking persistence is very good. I would say that the cpu is a bit too technically gifted on the edge of box, but otherwise, great fun. Thanks.

Of course :) Then if it's too easy just tweak a few things like lower pass error/speed, first touch error for the CPU :)

used your legendary sliders last night. wow, i really see what you were trying to accomplish, did an amazing job. now i am going to work on controlling the ball better. my issue is being able to have good control with my stars... like a santi carzola. i am going to work on my skills and try not to increase the first touch control. any tips besides trapping with L2 (or hints there)?

thanks

Trapping with L2 is definitely key, it's what I do, glad you're enjoying the sliders :)

L2? Isn´t that a PS3 button?

It seems that slowly Placebo is coming to $ony side! Now it´s just a matter of time until he begins playing PES. :COOL:

LOL yes it would be LT on 360 but I was being polite ;)

Actually though I tend to use LB (or L1 to those unfortunate Sony souls ;)) which is great to receive the ball and control well before turning on the spot to make a pass or move forward with the ball :)

LOL yes it would be LT on 360 but I was being polite ;)

Actually though I tend to use LB (or L1 to those unfortunate Sony souls ;)) which is great to receive the ball and control well before turning on the spot to make a pass or move forward with the ball :)

interesting. sorry to get technical, but exactly when do your press L1 (or xbox equivalent)? before first touch?

any other tips.

LOVE how the ball flies around. has to be played on SLOW

Yeah press and hold it before the ball arrives, receive the ball, turn, then let go and move forward with the ball (or pass), that's of course for when you pass the ball to someone facing away from the goal :)

Yeah press and hold it before the ball arrives, receive the ball, turn, then let go and move forward with the ball (or pass), that's of course for when you pass the ball to someone facing away from the goal :)

sliders have been amazing. this is the best career mode across both games that i have ever played. i get annoyed with some of the issues such as the RPG element (why so sad mertesacker?), but it is a great game. playing against the opponent and having to fear their stars or just not have a speed the winges approach makes this very enjoyable.

great sliders, great game. hopefully its only improvements from the game designers.

Thank you so much been looking for reealistic sliders since launch, your a genius!
Also works brilliantly for player career, and if you lock to goalkeeper you get busy games saves galore!!!!!::))

Your a genius been looking for realistic sliders since launch, works brilliantly with locked players especially goalkeepers. Cheers dude.

Man I creat an account only to thank you Placebo , i really enjoy your sliders settings , it makes good players real GOOD , control the ball is a really challenge , thanks again !

Back
Top Bottom