FIFA13 Sliders

I definitely recommend pushing First Touch Error up high. I've toned mine down a little bit to 80. 100 was maybe slightly too high when Messi was mis-controlling now and then.

From a Human POV I think it encourages you to think about your touch more, to use LT trap or even RT shield for example.

I definitely recommend pushing First Touch Error up high. I've toned mine down a little bit to 80. 100 was maybe slightly too high when Messi was mis-controlling now and then.

From a Human POV I think it encourages you to think about your touch more, to use LT trap or even RT shield for example.

Agreed, you think about every control you make when set to 80. It's a breath of fresh air! :)

Got the game today and put Placebo's sliders in before I'd even played a game. CPU was still too good, annihilating me 2-0 (didn't get to have a shot).

I pushed up their first touch error, pass error and shot error by about 5 each, and reduced how tightly they marked by a couple.

Much better, so much so that I pushed my first touch error up ever so slightly as well.

I might knock the speed and accel sliders down a couple of nothces each just to slow it down a tad more.

@Placebo,

Are your sliders ok to use on Assisted control settings and on 6 min halfs, does it still make it realistic?

Well assisted negates realism to some degree, maybe if you raise passing and shot error for yourself it would help with the realism, I generally assess the sliders by looking at the post match stats, if passing percentages are pretty even then I feel I'm getting the balance right so I'd suggest you do the same, play 3 or 4 matches on clear (not rainy) and see if your passing percentage is much higher than the CPU, if it is you might need to raise passing error for yourself a bit more or lower it for the CPU.

@Placebo

Only played one game with your sliders, Man City v Man U won 2-0
and felt much better than before.

Would like to know what sliders your using in the Championship though.

Who are you playing with?

I'm playing with a one star team in npower league 2 and the first touch of my squad is absolutely horrible. Couldn't imagine raising it.

Maybe it depends on who you're playing with?

Who are you playing with?

I'm playing with a one star team in npower league 2 and the first touch of my squad is absolutely horrible. Couldn't imagine raising it.

Maybe it depends on who you're playing with?
I have been playing friendlies at all sorts of levels. I tried a League Two match (Rotherham vs Oxford) and found it an improvement. It contributed to an enjoyably scrappy game.

I think that we are used to thoughtless perfect touches in video games and have been conditioned to underestimate how far from reality that is.

I think it wouldn't take much effort to try it for a match, and to also think about ways in which you can learn to cope with it rather than make it easy.

I have been playing friendlies at all sorts of levels. I tried a League Two match (Rotherham vs Oxford) and found it an improvement. It contributed to an enjoyably scrappy game.

I think that we are used to thoughtless perfect touches in video games and have been conditioned to underestimate how far from reality that is.

I think it wouldn't take much effort to try it for a match, and to also think about ways in which you can learn to cope with it rather than make it easy.

Absolutely. But in my League Two CM, I'm having plenty of scrappy games. Sometimes it's very enjoyable, sometimes it's more frustrating.

I'm also hesitant to make things harder for myself since I'm already struggling to deal with the CPU on Legendary (though World Class is too easy).

My biggest problem at the moment is dealing with CPU counter-attacks. I wasn't having this problem playing with higher rated teams but with my 1.5 star CM team, I can't seem to defend them at the moment.

So I'm not all that interested in the idea of making things even harder for myself when it's already pretty difficult. And honestly, I think First Touch is represented pretty well on default settings.

Btw, I'm now into October and the only injury I've had has been a 5 day training injury, and that's with injuries set to 80 for frequency and 65 for severity.

Don't know what's going on but both this year and last year I've failed to find a good setting for injuries.

I'm curious, what tends to be the impact of increasing the marking slider on gameplay overall?

Here's my issue: playing on Legendary I still tend to dominate or at least have the majority of possession, but I'm getting killed on the counter-attack, typically because my defenders are allowing too much space and the CPU defense is all too capable of playing a killer long ball.

So, on one hand I don't want to make it even easier for myself to dominate possession but I do want to make it more difficult for the AI to kill me with long-ball play.

It sucks because I swear I rarely succeed with long balls on Legendary myself.

nerf, you've paid a lot of attention to these things, what's your impression? Anyone else?

nerf, you've paid a lot of attention to these things, what's your impression? Anyone else?
On the previous page I questioned whether the Marking slider actually does anything any more.

>>THIS<< is what it did in FIFA12, it was basically a marking distance modifier. They would get tighter to the player that they decided they were assigned to. There was a kind of a sweet spot between being too slack, and between devolving into 1v1 battles that left defenders isolated.

From briefly playing around with it in 13, I can't say I identified any consistent difference between 1 and 100. But perhaps there might be other opinions seeing something I didn't.

To get teammates closer together, I think you have to look more to the Line Height/Length/Width settings.

If you're being exposed on the counter, are you committing too many players forward? The AI is now able to identify when it has a numerical opportunity to attempt a full-blown counter.

On the previous page I questioned whether the Marking slider actually does anything any more.

>>THIS<< is what it did in FIFA12, it was basically a marking distance modifier. They would get tighter to the player that they decided they were assigned to. There was a kind of a sweet spot between being too slack, and between devolving into 1v1 battles that left defenders isolated.

From briefly playing around with it in 13, I can't say I identified any consistent difference between 1 and 100. But perhaps there might be other opinions seeing something I didn't.

To get teammates closer together, I think you have to look more to the Line Height/Length/Width settings.

And have you found slider settings for these that you think improve things?

If you're being exposed on the counter, are you committing too many players forward? The AI is now able to identify when it has a numerical opportunity to attempt a full-blown counter.

You see, that's just the thing: I always play with at least one designated CDM, and often two for away matches, and yet they'll still join in too aggressively in attack rather than sit back and protect the back four.

This I think is a general problem with FIFA because no matter whether it's FUT, CM, or exhibition matches, holding midfielders will make runs into the box whilst no one will cover for them.

It doesn't matter who it is I play there, they always join in on the attack and leave the middle open. (Though I've yet to try a CDM or CM with a low attacking rate, so maybe that'll help?)

I'm tempted to make a custom formation in which it's essentially a 5 at the back system, with one of the CBs essentially playing as a stopper sitting in front of the other two CBs, and use a CDM there so that he has the skillset of a midfielder.

But aside from that, the other issue is simply that the AI is too successful with its long passing in quick transitions from defenders to attackers. One element of this is that, just like in the past, clearances too often end up as perfect long passes.

Another is, like I mentioned before, a pass will go to an AI attacker and my defender will be sitting off him by like 10-15 yards.

Another is simply that my players too often don't respond to air balls whilst the AI players will come to it.

Some of all this I think can be attributed to the fact that I'm playing with a 1.5-2 star team in Npower League 2, because I don't have these issues when playing with higher rated teams or in FUT (with high chemistry), but the frustrating aspect is that the CPU doesn't seem to have the same issues - it feels quite unbalanced in this regard, which I suppose partly has to do with playing on Legendary.

Aside from coming to grips with these issues, though, I'm finding playing with a lower rated squad a blast when it comes to the variety and pace of play, even if the skill levels and quality in play isn't comparable to the top teams.

And have you found slider settings for these that you think improve things?
At the moment I'm using 49/40/40. I haven't thoroughly tried all the extremes though.

(and Marking 100, just for the hell of it, if it does anything)

It doesn't matter who it is I play there, they always join in on the attack and leave the middle open. (Though I've yet to try a CDM or CM with a low attacking rate, so maybe that'll help?)
Just guesses really, but it might also be affected by Free-form positioning and/or a high CC-Passing slider. These might affect how likely it is for your CDM to go wandering. Or maybe they just do it anyway.

Have you tried editing the attack,defense workrate for your DM? Ive always managed to keep a player covering editing those settings.

Have you tried editing the attack,defense workrate for your DM? Ive always managed to keep a player covering editing those settings.

I have but I still find that my DM will make attacking runs and join in on attack, and maybe more importantly no one covers for him, leaving a huge open space in center of the pitch between my midfield and defense. The CPU all too easily exploits this space on the counter-attack.

At the moment I'm using 49/40/40. I haven't thoroughly tried all the extremes though.

(and Marking 100, just for the hell of it, if it does anything)

Just guesses really, but it might also be affected by Free-form positioning and/or a high CC-Passing slider. These might affect how likely it is for your CDM to go wandering. Or maybe they just do it anyway.

Played quite a lot with Marking at 100 and I definitely saw a difference, though not nearly as drastic a difference as you'd might expect when playing with such an extreme setting.

The main benefit that I noticed is that on clearances/goal kicks, my CBs no longer allowed the opposing strikers so much space, and as such I won more headers on deep passes and allowed fewer easy counter-attacks.

I'm not particularly good at figure out the other sliders but I might try yours to see if I notice anything beneficial.

My main goal at the moment is to find a way to change the style of play - making it less about counter-attacks - but without gimping the AI's attacking capabilities or altering the possession stats too much, especially considering that I typically "win" the possession battle no matter the difficulty setting.

Oh, I should say that when it comes to protecting against counter-attacks, the biggest difference I've found has simply come from using the d-pad to switch to a slightly defensive mindset.

Lately I almost always begin a match by going slightly defensive, and I have to say, I swear that I actually score more goals this way too. Not sure if that's just my imagination.

You could be right, as I believe, for quiet a few versions now, that it not only effects your own team but also inluences the other. You could say that is obvious in the flow of a match, but to me it has always felt more artificial ( like a switch), seen as ultra defensive still sees your whole team push up to the halfwayline when you counter, even though they should be parking the bus. Yet the opposition still plays with more intensitiy imo.

So in your example it would make the AI more attacking, regardless of the score, leaving that extra bit of space in defense.

Still struggling to settle on some good slider settings.

I like a lot of what Placebo's settings do, except I'm completely dominating matches against the CPU.

Most frustrating of all, I dominate matches yet still too often tie or lose. The CPU is really really good at scoring late goals in FIFA 13.

I don't mind losing, but I'd like to feel like it's a deserved loss. Sure, upsets do happen, and matches do happen in which the dominate team don't win, but right now every match is me dominating in every area but the scoreline.

Tweaking these sliders can drive one crazy!

@Placebo,

Are your sliders ok to use on Assisted control settings and on 6 min halfs, does it still make it realistic?

I'm also playing assisted, 6 minute halves on World Class with placebos sliders. Prefer assisted because it allows to play a little quicker than full manual.

I'm experimenting now to make it more realistic but the best I can offer for the moment is keeping everything the same but boosting pass error to 62 for you and lowering CPU to 78.
And also boosting shot error to 65 for you. -if you find 65 is too high, use 63 instead

The first touch error is proving the most difficult to edit; but mine feels fine at 62

I also put pass speed up to 62 for me, but that seems optional..

Hope it's okay I've edited your sliders placebo?

Last edited:
Hope it's okay I've edited your sliders placebo?

Of course, any slider set is a base created specifically for the person's preferences and ability level so they'll often need a little tweak here and there for whoever uses them :)

I know a couple of people asked for the adjusted sliders I'd been using in the Championship so I'll try to remember to post them tomorrow :)

Thanks for your sliders Placebo I'm really enjoying Fifa 13, I struggled with tactical defending last year but I seem much better this time around.

The only thing I'm noticing is the speed of the shooting, very rocket like! Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me lol.

I have had to alter the injury settings as after two pre-season games I'd lost two midfielders and two strikers! :( I encountered too many injuries whilst playing play now games and live games.

Last edited:
Can someone tip me off where I can find some good sliders+settings for assisted controls?
Thank you guys!

Back
Top Bottom