PES 2011 Demo impressions

I have hammered PES2010 over last several months.
It took 2 games on the demo to realise that pes2011 is something else.
The challenge just to make space and shake of markers means its a lot more intense.The dribbling is superb and its way harder to beat the keeper.
Playing in Professional as I fear what top player will do to my morale !

well i played 2010 on pc and ps3 but not that much... i was solid good playing it... but i always enjoyed pes 6, 2008,09 on ps2! and felt it is far better then NG.

I will play this demo alot and really try to love it, but now i just hate it, what can i say.. :D

well i played 2010 on pc and ps3 but not that much... i was solid good playing it... but i always enjoyed pes 6, 2008,09 on ps2! and felt it is far better then NG.

I will play this demo alot and really try to love it, but now i just hate it, what can i say.. :D

try the pes2011 demo on ps3, I found that to be better than the PC demo. Felt more real and fluid to me.

kool down mate all u have to do is go to setting.exe and disable video playback .......problem sovlved....say thanks....

Where do I find this settings.exe? Is it through my Xbox dashboard????????

Anyways, played a couple of matches on both:

PES has made great strides since the awful previous console titles, however Fifa for me is still well ahead, really, really impressed with the Fifa11 demo, after all the whinging about it I wasn't expecting much but IMO it's great, lighting especially is hugely impressive and looks way better than 10 or even the WC game, playing on slow which has a good feel but possibly should be the normal setting and slow a bit slower but no real complaints there, ball speed is great, physicality is much improved, sliding and standing tackling looks and works great.

Only main bug is post match highlights are just as poor as ever, sometimes even missing goals off, hope it's a known issue.

Where do I find this settings.exe? Is it through my Xbox dashboard????????

Anyways, played a couple of matches on both:

PES has made great strides since the awful previous console titles, however Fifa for me is still well ahead, really, really impressed with the Fifa11 demo, after all the whinging about it I wasn't expecting much but IMO it's great, lighting especially is hugely impressive and looks way better than 10 or even the WC game, playing on slow which has a good feel but possibly should be the normal setting and slow a bit slower but no real complaints there, ball speed is great, physicality is much improved, sliding and standing tackling looks and works great.

Only main bug is post match highlights are just as poor as ever, sometimes even missing goals off, hope it's a known issue.

u r wrong mate.....i played both the demos too....pes looks better this time....fifa is boring after sometime......

The challenge just to make space and shake of markers means its a lot more intense.The dribbling is superb and its way harder to beat the keeper.

Likewise. Took me two full matches to go wow, this is a proper PES game. Although I haven't played PES 2010 extensively (play it here and there) I started playing it more often as I grew tired of FIFA 10's same ol, same ol. The gameplay changes/improvements are extremely apparent.

i will explain all about fifa and pes demo.....
fifa in pc :almost same as 10 but with somewhat better graphics...u need high end graphics card to make it look better
pes demo in pc:totally a new game ...awesome longballs and induviduality.....even if u dont have any graphics card...game still looks awesome....if last year pes beats fifa in pc...then this year pes will kick ass fifa in pc..
fifa demo in xbox : great game totally...but still missing something...u wont feel so good after scoring....because u score same goals always.....with just few passes u can get a goal......nice presentation
pes demo in ps3 :same as in pc...great but graphics wise a bit lower than pc..may be because of my pc.....kool game....which feels like pes 5 kind of gameplay with 360 passing...even keeper throws are 360.....may b this is the start of something spl...
i will say it will be a tie in consoles between pes and fifa this time....but fifa will sell more copies because of its marketing techniques.....overall it will be a great year for football...

Last edited:
Cheers for the input Placebo! Great to see you download the PES demo to give it a whirl.

Well I was very impressed with the lighting from the videos released so I definitely wanted to try it, it does a lot of stuff very well and it's not far away from me wanting to buy it, probably not as a replacement for Fifa but to complement it, if the PC version is the same as the console version I think I may get PES for PC so it can be fully patched as Fifa has Sheffield Wednesday who I support and proper English leagues/cups and that will be hard to give up in career mode :)

I played on Top player very first game, I lost 0:1 cause I used wrong button for sprinting :-), well 2 years of FIFA, then I won next 3 games on TP, its hard to beat defense, but computer is dumb to penetrate mine so ...

anybody found the 2011 demo @playstation store?
i couldnt find it in the us or europe store....

In the playstation store it's still under the plus tab. If you're not a playstation plus member you're going to have to wait until the ps store updates (probably between 16-19hr in europe):))

For Some reason the 360 demo doesnt work properly for me:(

Whenever the opposition have the ball my players just freeze on the spot and dont move unless i use the d-pad. But whenever i have possession i can use the sticks no problem. Its really annoying as i have to change from sticks to d-pad depending on who has the ball and as i result ruins the whole game.

Any one else experienced this?

i'm quite impressed, messi is just to good in this game, its unreal
also the computer tried to dive and get a penalty which is always a nice touch, luckily ref spooted it and he got booked
i'm enjoying this alot i must say, defence is hard to break down but surely rewarding

For Some reason the 360 demo doesnt work properly for me:(

Whenever the opposition have the ball my players just freeze on the spot and dont move unless i use the d-pad. But whenever i have possession i can use the sticks no problem. Its really annoying as i have to change from sticks to d-pad depending on who has the ball and as i result ruins the whole game.

Any one else experienced this?

Have you checked your controller is charged, or if it takes batteries, have you tried changing them. Exactly the same thing happened to me when using a Logitec pad. Only the D-Pad worked. Changed the batteries and it worked fine.

Apologies if it's something different. Just thought it was worth a mention.

Just noticed a player in a wall defending a free-kick and he had one arm across his chest holding his shoulder and the other hand covering his groin, nice attention to detail :)

i only missed one platform that is xbox.....is pes 2011 is same on both xbox and ps3???????if thats the case its goona be a great year for konami.....and sea b....

Just noticed a player in a wall defending a free-kick and he had one arm across his chest holding his shoulder and the other hand covering his groin, nice attention to detail :)

Have you noticed the keeper encouraging players upfield when he's got the ball in his hands too? There's something else like that I noticed yesterday but can't remember at the mo.

Also, short corners are awesome due to the AI of the corner taker - he moves back to an on-side position and that allows you to play it back to him for him to then whip a cross in.

lovely.

Back
Top Bottom