[Pc] PES 2015 input lag

Re: [Pc] PES 2015 input lag Solution 100%!!!

You also have to match up the FPS with your monitor hertz to avoid screen tearing and if using Nvidia, set max pre rendered frames to 1. Finally a responsive game where I can keep possession.

You also have to match up the FPS with your monitor hertz to avoid screen tearing and if using Nvidia, set max pre rendered frames to 1. Finally a responsive game where I can keep possession.

actually vysnc on with the fps limit to 58 for my 60hz monitor +pre-rend frames for me is best, so no tearing as well

Hey guys. Glad to report that:

Full screen mode, vsync on, triple buffering on, fps limit to 58, POWER management mode maximum performance
and pre-rendered maximum frames to 1 or 2, does the trick for me. Would love more nvidia people to test that out.

Im talking 60 fps locked, silky smooth gameplay with 0 input lag, tried practice mode and in game. If more people can confirm, I will actually make a vid of it.

key tweaks are vsync, pre-rend frames and fps limit to 58

hi policymaker,

I have a laptop with GT750m and even I set nvidia Inspector to force v-sync off, 58 fps, and direct input I still feel the lag... any hints?

There are too many solutions in this thread. All of these cannot work. We should come to a final workaround and let Konami know about this clusterf*ck.

Has someone told Bhatti yet? Lets get him to do his job and let Konami know ASAP. The vsync issue makes the gameplay totally different; much worse in my opinion.

Open the settings.exe in your PES2015 install folder and tick DirectInput in the controller tab. This tweak made the gameplay great for me whereas before on XInput it was like a worse PES2014.
Simple as that? I knew the option was in the settings exe but thought there was more setting up involved.

Lol Adam Bhatti.
This.

Just to show that the method works. Go to 1:42 and see how Torres went pass the keeper in one touch with fast input response which was impossible before. Aswell as before this method, I had to play in professional mode and would barely win a match(scores like 5-4, 6-3, 3-2, etc) but with this method, I played my first game on Top Player mode and got a 6-0 Victory with Spain against Serbian on Quater Finals of International Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPC8Up4dW4

I've tried many different combinations to try to reduce the input lag with no real success. It's a shame gameplay is good though the delay when you pass or shoot the ball is a killer and ruins the game for me. Konami have screwed pc gamers once again lol and the worst thing is we fall for it hoping that they have let us off this year lol

No input lag, no tearing, no stutter!

Hey guys.
I tested some different setups and now i want to share this with you.

At first, I´m on Nvidia (GTX 780) ! Sorry AMD user. But maybe you can do something equal with your RadeonPro, i don´t know.

My settings are:
1440p on high in settings.exe
crowd disabled by sxsxsx (thank you!)

Be sure, that you don´t have any other PES 2015 profiles in Nvidia control panel. Global settings are default.

Nvidia Inspector settings:

c9kbyxt7.png

I´m playing on a 60Hz monitor with X360 controller and Xinput. But it also works on DirectInput. There is no difference.

Enjoy! Have fun :P

Disabling the crowd is completely unnecessary with a GTX 780. I'm using this card too and it laughs at PES. You can enable all kinds of AA settings and it runs silky smooth.

Also I'm starting to think there is an element of placebo to the advice in this thread. So much contradictory advice and settings reporting less lag.

Hey guys.

At first, I´m on Nvidia (GTX 780) ! Sorry AMD user. But maybe you can do something equal with your RadeonPro, i don´t know.

My settings are:

Be sure, that you don´t have any other PES 2015 profiles in Nvidia control panel. Global settings are default.

c9kbyxt7.png

I´m playing on a 60Hz monitor with X360 controller and Xinput. But it also works on DirectInput. There is no difference.

I will try several setups this evening! Have a GTX 570

Last edited:

Disabling the crowd is completely unnecessary with a GTX 780. I'm using this card too and it laughs at PES. You can enable all kinds of AA settings and it runs silky smooth.
Nope. Only if i turn vsync off. But then i have 700+ useless frames plus my card is going crazy.
I see what i see. And it is necessary to disable the crowd on 60 fps here. Otherwise i get noticeable input lag.
So stop thinking, please. It looks like you have no clue.

Last edited:

I really don't believe the crowd is contributing to input lag. That doesn't make sense at all.

But whatever works for you...

to you...
No, technically it doesn't make sense. Input lag isn't a product of GPU load, it's a product of v-sync. You've forced on vsync, negating perceived benefits of disabling crowd anyway.

The crowd disabler helps boost frame rate for people with very poor GPUs, yours is one of the best on the market.

Also I'm starting to think there is an element of placebo to the advice in this thread. So much contradictory advice and settings reporting less lag.
I am a fan of separate what you feel and what you see. For sure when people are talking about that there are allways some placebo effects. It is because the problem of measurement.

But if you try vsync on and off there is a big difference at input lag. Without vsync you get a idea of what is possible in the game in terms of a direct input.

hi policymaker,

I have a laptop with GT750m and even I set nvidia Inspector to force v-sync off, 58 fps, and direct input I still feel the lag... any hints?

make sure you follow my suggestions, keep the game FULL SCREEN ONLY through settings.exe, and download FRAPS as well to check ur FPS. If you have vysnc turned off and real full screen, you should get 100+ FPS. with vysnc and frame limiter on, you should get 60 FPS capped.

In any case, it is important to equalise your monitor refresh rate with the fps limit and sync on inspector, eg, if you have a laptop monitor with different resolution and refresh rate than 1080p/60hz, you have to tinker with ur tweaks.

I cannot be familiar with every1's setup, but the basis of our project is that you run your monitor at its default settings, knowing what these settings are and how to change them at will.

Last edited:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where the game has installed? I cannot get to my settings file to make changes. Previous versions are in my Program Files(x86) but PES2015 is not there. I have the Pre-order DVD installed. IS this to do with Steam? Nothing in my Steam folder either.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where the game has installed? I cannot get to my settings file to make changes. Previous versions are in my Program Files(x86) but PES2015 is not there. I have the Pre-order DVD installed. IS this to do with Steam? Nothing in my Steam folder either.
It's located in Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Evolution Soccer 2015

Hey guys.

My settings are:

c9kbyxt7.png

the settings are nice on my nvidia gtx 660 but i think with frame rate limiter at 58 it feels a bit directer.

People saying they're starting to think it's a placebo effect with the discussion and things. The best way to tell is just to completely force off vsync, the other settings bar frame limiter don't even matter.

Somebody said early in the thread that with PES 2015 the more FPS you have running the more responsive the game gets, and that feels true for me, so I limit my FPS to 120 even though I'm using 60HZ for maximum 1:1 responsiveness.

Many times I thought I've cracked a combination of settings to get rid of screen tearing while having 100% responsiveness but when I force Vsync off and set to 120 again only to realize I still have a problem with Vysnc.

The best way I've found to measure the input lag is while in a match, hit pause and go to replay, now when you tilt your camera with the left stick you should be able to tell when it is 1:1 zero input lag, and the only way I achieve that is with Vsync completely off and double the FPS of my monitors refresh rate (120).

That's my findings so far.

EDIT:

I'd just like to add also that I've compared the game with the PS4 demo at the same time. The PS4 demo plays fully responsive and really underlines how broken the PC version is. Only way to get the game running with the same responsiveness for me is from what I said above...

Last edited:

People saying they're starting to think it's a placebo effect with the discussion and things. The best way to tell is just to completely force off vsync, the other settings bar frame limiter don't even matter.

Somebody said early in the thread that with PES 2015 the more FPS you have running the more responsive the game gets, and that feels true for me, so I limit my FPS to 120 even though I'm using 60HZ for maximum 1:1 responsiveness.

Many times I thought I've cracked a combination of settings to get rid of screen tearing while having 100% responsiveness but when I force Vsync off and set to 120 again only to realize I still have a problem with Vysnc.

The best way I've found to measure the input lag is while in a match, hit pause and go to replay, now when you tilt your camera with the left stick you should be able to tell when it is 1:1 zero input lag, and the only way I achieve that is with Vsync completely off and double the FPS of my monitors refresh rate (120).

That's my findings so far.

EDIT:

I'd just like to add also that I've compared the game with the PS4 demo at the same time. The PS4 demo plays fully responsive and really underlines how broken the PC version is. Only way to get the game running with the same responsiveness for me is from what I said above...
thank you for ur input

Yes, vsync off is the best. If you are unsure if it is on or off, then just test in windowed mode, because vsync for a game/program can never be on in windowed mode. Vsync only applies to fullscreen mode.

i think i dont have inputlag, not shure, passing feels direct, pass accuracy 75-83% but compared to ps3 Demo sometimes i think there some missing animations, so direct shooting, to often the palayers first take the ball and shoot or pass not direct but i see that the passing bar is loading - the game notice the input but dont do it.

this happend often if the ball is mid high (belly height?)

and i think the passing system is not the same as PS3 demo, not so good (2 bars)

hope konami fix this

Hey guys. Glad to report that:

Full screen mode, vsync on, triple buffering on, fps limit to 58, POWER management mode maximum performance
and pre-rendered maximum frames to 1 or 2, does the trick for me. Would love more nvidia people to test that out.

Im talking 60 fps locked, silky smooth gameplay with 0 input lag, tried practice mode and in game. If more people can confirm, I will actually make a vid of it.

key tweaks are vsync, pre-rend frames and fps limit to 58

Yeah that works i think, it is really good (Nvidia GTX 570). I would say it is the best so far. Although i cannot say if its definetly better then other configurations thats similar.

Maybe the owner of the thread flokiman can write some settings in the first post. I think this setting from policymaker is the best so far and of course a good solution for everyone who hasn´t studying the bachelor of inputlag and master of stuttering at the last days (like us) :P:SMUG:

What doesn´t have an effect on my GTX 570 is the window mode. I got micro stutterings.

Yeah that works i think, it is really good (Nvidia GTX 570). I would say it is the best so far. Although i cannot say if its definetly better then other configurations thats similar.

Maybe the owner of the thread flokiman can write some settings in the first post. I think this setting from policymaker is the best so far and of course a good solution for everyone who hasn´t studying the bachelor of inputlag and master of stuttering at the last days (like us) :P:SMUG:

What doesn´t have an effect on my GTX 570 is the window mode. I got micro stutterings.

unfortunately we have to forget about windowed mode.

thanx for ur comments, ill make an english vid in the week decribing the setup, people should def know about this.

Guys i hear window mode is solution of imput lag is that right? i play on window and i have 60fps max, i s v sync is enable? or i must disable this on software?

Back
Top Bottom