Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS - Official Thread

I just got a old style ds for £40 was that a good move or have i fucked up big time?

If you think it's fecked up, you can still get 40 quid for trading it in against a new Lite at any Game. I have the old model and I'm happy with it, others on the boards have tried both and think there is a big difference, all I will say is compare a DS to and GBA SP, there is a huge difference. But I think I would rather keep my DS and save up the extra forty quid it's worth as a trade in to get a Lite. For me a DS being worth 40 quid is peanuts (though a GC is only worth 30!!). Tis a great machine, I'll just stick to keeping mine and maybe think of getting a Lite sometime in the future, when maybe there is better game offers, or if other colours come out again. Imagine a Special Zelda Gold DS Lite, like they did with the GBA and The Minish Cap.

Last edited:

Sorry Holio, I'm a bit confused. Can you trade the old NDS plus £40 for a DS Lite? Or are you saying you can get an old NDS for £40?

Game offer you 40 quid for your old DS if you trade it in to buy a new Lite, thus your Lite for 59.99. Which I think is scandalous, I mean 360 games are usually 50 quid in Game and they offering you 40 quid for a piece of hardware.

Thats pathetic Holio! a pure rip off! Daylight bloody robbery!

DJ

Just eBay your old DS. I got £80 for mine with two games.

I've purchased a DS Lite after playing my brothers, they're loveeeely. And the Brain Training game is excellent fun!

I'm well happy with the ds i got £40 and every game going for it, cant be bad. Trauma is great but gets solid later in the game.

Just got my DS lite from gamestation...£109.99 with 2 games and a "starter pack" (covers, cloth, styluses)

Thought it was a pretty good deal considering its £99.99 everywhere else

kevano22 said:
Just got my DS lite from gamestation...£109.99 with 2 games and a "starter pack" (covers, cloth, styluses)

Thought it was a pretty good deal considering its £99.99 everywhere else

What games? Did you trade anything in?

I got my DS Lite today from the GAME website. £130 for the Lite, 2 games and screen protector + cloth. Games are Metroid and Sonic.

And I thought mine was a good deal! :shock:

lol, i got bomberman and Pac Pix....but im getting some superpasscards whatever they are, so i can play homebrew etc.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Just eBay your old DS. I got £80 for mine with two games.

I've purchased a DS Lite after playing my brothers, they're loveeeely. And the Brain Training game is excellent fun!

Brain Training is not excellent fun at all, unless you enjoy 'how many yellow numbers are there?' "oh let me see, NONE AT ALL YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!"

kevano22 said:
lol, i got bomberman and Pac Pix....but im getting some superpasscards whatever they are, so i can play homebrew etc.

Which one do you recommend mate for homebrew stuff? I wanna be able to play music, films and emulated games I guess. And for it to take SD cards.

Theres so many choices though, I'm just not sure which one to go for.

This is legit right? Can we talk about it? I'm a bit unsure as to where we stand when it comes to DS homebrew

Re: Nintendo DS

jay666 said:
Got the passcard its great.
First Kevano bought one and now you too? I've had my SuperCard since before last Christmas.
I guess people are slowly realising I was right in saying its better than the PSP. ;)

So spill the beans, what can you do with the supercard? Videos, music etc. What size are they, have they got web browser?

Its used for piracy. Any questions? (probably better to ask somewhere else)

Got my DS today with Mario Kart and the new Mario game. Well chuffed with it as i wasnt too impressed with my PSP and flogged it. This is a pure gaming machine and does it better than any handeld out there.
Now what are these friend codes whatever then?

My supercard seems to be failing to read from my SD card, now i my SD Card is dodgy so it could be down to that,but ive asked for an exchange on my supercard so hopefully ill be sorted

its class when it does work :)

MarioKart DS :D class game

Why are so many people buying the DS Lite but werent interested in the old DS?

RuneEdge said:
Why are so many people buying the DS Lite but werent interested in the old DS?

The old DS was an ugly beast, lets be honest. The DS Lite is more of an appealing looking console. Add to the fact that the DS now has a healthy, excellent games catalogue and people are opening up more to the world of the DS.

I'm still pondering on whether or not to put my PSP on eBay. I really can't decide! :(

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I'm still pondering on whether or not to put my PSP on eBay. I really can't decide! :(
Exact same situation here. I haven't played on it in months and yet I can't decide whether to get rid. I made a pact with myself that I'd sell it if the next Football Manager on PSP didn't have a 2D match engine, and announced this on the Sports Interactive forums. Astonishingly, Marc Vaughan (one of the production team of Football Manager) replied and said that the next FM will definitely not have a 2D match engine on PSP, but maybe the next version will (which was said last year)... So I took the photos etc., ready to eBay it... But then I chickened out. :(

Same here mate, I never play it. And I can't see me playing it much in the future. But I still can't bear to part with it! I dunno why though!

I sold my old DS easy enough, without hesitation. I think its cause I knew if I ever wanted another one (which didn't take long :D) it's only £100 so it wouldn't be too bad.

A PSP is pricey though!

Traded in my PSP and two games for £125 at Game yesterday. I thought that was fairly resonable to be honest, especially as the lot cost me £180 when I bought it. Got a white DS lite instead and very happy indeed with it!

The DS may not be as powerful but fundamentally the software speaks for itself. I had bearly touched my PSP for about a month, even when I went on holiday it sat in my bag most of the time. That was the final straw for me. The bottom line is do you want to play second rate handheld versions of the games you can buy for your home console on your PSP, or do you want bespoke original games you can only buy for DS due to the stylus control system?

The fact the DS lite is such a sexy beast made up my mind for me :)

Im on the last castle on New Super Mario Bros its so good.

My supercard has trouble reading my SD Card sometimes, Im gettin a new SD card soon because the one i have now keeps messing up. Hopefully i'll be fine with a brand new SD card :)

Ive played on my DS lite for 12 hours in 2 days, and only been on 4 games.... :D

Joystick said:
Traded in my PSP and two games for £125 at Game yesterday. I thought that was fairly resonable to be honest, especially as the lot cost me £180 when I bought it. Got a white DS lite instead and very happy indeed with it!

The DS may not be as powerful but fundamentally the software speaks for itself. I had bearly touched my PSP for about a month, even when I went on holiday it sat in my bag most of the time. That was the final straw for me. The bottom line is do you want to play second rate handheld versions of the games you can buy for your home console on your PSP, or do you want bespoke original games you can only buy for DS due to the stylus control system?

The fact the DS lite is such a sexy beast made up my mind for me :)

Welcome to the DS club man! you have made a good choice. like you I have friends who also didn't touch there PSP's and sold them.

Back
Top Bottom