EURO 2012 DLC Pack

Re: No Euro Game From EA

Why would people modding Arma2 care about a Fifa Euro DLC?

Maybe they are hippies and demand everything be free in life? Did Konami get so much stick for charging for a single league DLC with PES 2012 ps i already know the answer ;)

Maybe they are hippies and demand everything be free in life? Did Konami get so much stick for charging for a single league DLC with PES 2012 ps i already know the answer ;)

No you don't know the answer. Please don't stir up trouble. Paying for DLC is a matter of choice. It is not related to any specific company. It all relates to whether you're enjoying the game or not, which then leads to you thinking it is worth or not. Based on that, I'm not enjoying Fifa 12 these days, and the Euro game isn't bringing any new gameplay elements to the table. Therefore, I don't think it is worth my money. While others who are still thoroughly enjoying Fifa 12, will happily spend on the Euro DLC.

No you don't know the answer. Please don't stir up trouble. Paying for DLC is a matter of choice. It is not related to any specific company. It all relates to whether you're enjoying the game or not, which then leads to you thinking it is worth or not. Based on that, I'm not enjoying Fifa 12 these days, and the Euro game isn't bringing any new gameplay elements to the table. Therefore, I don't think it is worth my money. While others who are still thoroughly enjoying Fifa 12, will happily spend on the Euro DLC.

It's not stirring up trouble most Hardcore PES fans on the net wanted to be able to play the J-League DLC there was no moaning that it would cost around £20, EA do a better DLC and for cheaper yet it's portrayed as the devil's work. Sure it's a PES fansite but c'mon how about a bit of level headedness?

Last edited:

It's not stirring up trouble most Hardcore PES fans on the net wanted to be able to play the J-League DLC there was no moaning that it would cost around £20, EA do a better DLC and for cheaper yet it's portrayed as the devil's work. Sure it's a PES fansite but c'mon how about a bit of level headedness?

Interesting, didn't even notice that Konami offers the J-league for PES 2012 and charges 20 pounds for it. What a rip-off!

Fortunately for me I'm not interested in the j-league and I have given up on PES 2012 altogether anyway. But a rip-off it is. These dlc-stuff-things should really be for free.

Interesting, didn't even notice that Konami offers the J-league for PES 2012 and charges 20 pounds for it. What a rip-off!

Fortunately for me I'm not interested in the j-league and I have given up on PES 2012 altogether anyway. But a rip-off it is. These dlc-stuff-things should really be for free.

They withheld it from the European market but there was plenty of interest in it from PES players.

Sadly we live in a new era of gaming but we have done for a while now so paid DLC i dont mind anymore.

Last edited:

I'm thoroughly enjoying CM but won't be buying the DLC, unless the additional licensed players make their way into CM.

From what the devs said on twitter nothing will crossover from Euro to FIFA12 :(

Im thinking twice if ill buy it now, really, as small as it seems id pay the double for new Faces, Boots, Kits in FIFA12 regular modes :(

It's ¥1,800 by the way on the Japanese PSN.
1,800.00 JPY = 13.8604 GBP.

So that's a pound cheaper than EA's Euro DLC ;)

I actually played a couple of Euro tournaments on PES the other night. A friend and I tried winning it as Italy and then Greece. Didn't end well lol

It's ¥1,800 by the way on the Japanese PSN.
1,800.00 JPY = 13.8604 GBP.

So that's a pound cheaper than EA's Euro DLC ;)

Ok a pound cheaper but no backlash for Konami for a league that should of already been in the game for the Japanese? Look how many leagues are in Fifa? 30 is it? How many in PES? 6 or 7 is it? Yet they are charging £14 for one league? Daylight robbery and if EA charged for a single league this place and other places would be in meltdown ;)

Last edited:

Ok a pound cheaper but no backlash for Konami for a league that should of already been in the game for the Japanese? Look how many leagues are in Fifa? 30 is it? How many in PES? 6 or 7 is it? Yet they are charging £14 for one league? Daylight robbery and if EA charged for a single league this place and other places would be in meltdown ;)

But this was always sold separately though. It was never included in a WE August title. J-Leagues always come in late so it's no surprise there. They thought why release a full game at full price and just released as DLC for much less, just like EA's Euro. As for competitions like Euro or WC, Konami had them in PES (unlicensed) and never sold separately.

Tbh I'm quite gutted J-League is only a DLC. I've always looked forward to the WE March release as they always played better than the August-October releases.

And I'm gutted Euro is only a DLC as well. These cup games used to bring a different style of gameplay to Fifa. Like a breath of fresh air.

A lot of people be slating but I dont mind paying for all the bells and whisltes and stadia and fancy stuff that you get from the Euro/Wc games from EA.

Id pefer a stand alone game as for me they are like collectors pieces. They are very well nicely made and presented. The menus, scenarios, commentaries, stadiums, logos etc...etc...

I still have my FIFA WC2010 South Africa and its a nice momento of that time period and that tournament. It acptured the feel of the torunament with the stadia, vazulas, ambience etc..etc..

I think these games are good even if its same gameplay. Though I think 20-25 RRP is a fair price.

this is something they can capture halfway accurate at least. all stadiums, right adboards, kits (at least most of them) spot on, good atmosphere.

problem with the regular fifa updates is the sheer amount of data you have to process, the probabilty of mistakes and inaccurate files is just so high - not even speaking about all the missing grounds, keeper kits, chants, adboards and so on.

therefore = euro / wc games are much more immersive and enjoyable. :)

It looks from that video like they have changed the Penalty System back to a more conventional one? e.g. no swinging bar from red,orange and green?

oh and here is hoping they will have all kits at least halfway accurate since it is a dlc and no retail disc requiring long production and delivery runs.

but it's ea so yeah.

The good thing for me is that at least with this DLC, I can finally play as Wales again, after EA cut us out from FIFA 09 onwards for reasons only known to them. I bet we won't have our proper kit though, probably some generic red kit with an FAW logo stuck on top like in the World Cup 2010 official game.

The good thing for me is that at least with this DLC, I can finally play as Wales again, after EA cut us out from FIFA 09 onwards for reasons only known to them. I bet we won't have our proper kit though, probably some generic red kit with an FAW logo stuck on top like in the World Cup 2010 official game.

You sure about that? I read it's only the teams participating in the finals that are being updated / added in if not already in the game.

Be good if they are included but don't think they are.

And hopefully we'll be back in from FIFA 13 now that we've improved a bit... unless the FAW get greedy with licensing.

You sure about that? I read it's only the teams participating in the finals that are being updated / added in if not already in the game.

Be good if they are included but don't think they are.

And hopefully we'll be back in from FIFA 13 now that we've improved a bit... unless the FAW get greedy with licensing.
Definitely sure, the press release said all 53 UEFA national teams are in the DLC, and if you look at that video posted a few posts ago, around about 15 minutes in you can see the various teams being cycled through. However I don't know if we'll have our proper kit.

There was an outcry after Wales were not included in FIFA 09 or subsequent releases, yet the other three UK nations were in and fully licenced. The "national" media claimed it was because of a licencing issue with the FAW, but it turned out to be false and that it was an EA decision based on the world rankings (according to David Rutter anyway). But now it is surely not the case, with Wales now 41st in the World, and Northern Ireland (fully licenced) way back in the 100's.

Definitely sure, the press release said all 53 UEFA national teams are in the DLC, and if you look at that video posted a few posts ago, around about 15 minutes in you can see the various teams being cycled through. However I don't know if we'll have our proper kit.

There was an outcry after Wales were not included in FIFA 09 or subsequent releases, yet the other three UK nations were in and fully licenced. The "national" media claimed it was because of a licencing issue with the FAW, but it turned out to be false and that it was an EA decision based on the world rankings (according to David Rutter anyway). But now it is surely not the case, with Wales now 41st in the World, and Northern Ireland (fully licenced) way back in the 100's.

Hope it's true. Nice one.
Bound to be a generic kit though which when ingame isn't a biggy but would still be better if licensed.

You would of thought that all teams would have proper kits, it is only about 1mb per kit to create so don't see why they wouldn't have all fully licensed kits.

I was really debating to buy this but after seeing the pc version for £11 I thought there is no harm in giving it a go.

Don't you think it's poor that the game carrying the name 'FIFA' has such a small selection of national teams? PES has a good number of teams from all continents but FIFA lacks so many important football nations. Is it just a ploy to get you to buy their tournament games?

Don't you think it's poor that the game carrying the name 'FIFA' has such a small selection of national teams? PES has a good number of teams from all continents but FIFA lacks so many important football nations. Is it just a ploy to get you to buy their tournament games?

Don't you think it's poor that the game carrying the name 'PES' has such a small selection of national leagues? FIFA has a good number of leagues from all continents but PES lacks so many important football leagues. Is it just a ploy to get you to buy FIFA?

Don't you think it's poor that the game carrying the name 'PES' has such a small selection of national leagues? FIFA has a good number of leagues from all continents but PES lacks so many important football leagues. Is it just a ploy to get you to buy FIFA?

What a stupid counter point. FIFA is the world governing body of football and as such I would expect any game carrying its name to have a more encompassing selection of national teams.

PES is just the name of a video game.

Totally agree on that aspect, especially when past FIFA games such as FIFA 98 had virtually every national team going, and even the first ever FIFA game on the 16-bit consoles had more national teams to choose from. Its not as if licencing is anything to do with it either when you look at the national teams currently in the game and find only 50% of them have the national FA logos and kits.

A lot of World Cup teams are missing in recent FIFA games too.

FIFA is the world governing body of football and as such I would expect any game carrying its name to have a more encompassing selection of national teams.

Why? That makes no sense whatsoever and is a stupid argument in the first place, FIFA is no more or less primarily concerned with national teams than it is national leagues, and really on a scale of audience and finances the national leagues are far bigger than any national team competition.

EPL:
data from 2003 suggested that matches were attracting television audiences between 100 million and 360 million, more than any other foreign sport.

World Cup 2006:
Average of 93 million viewers per match

Therefore leagues are far more important and thus my argument wins the Internet, hurrah!

Totally agree on that aspect, especially when past FIFA games such as FIFA 98 had virtually every national team going

Err do you mean:

FIFA: Road to World Cup 98

Or

World Cup 98

Wow such a surprise that either of those had lots of National teams... ;)

As far as I'm aware there was no "normal" Fifa98 was there?

Back
Top Bottom