EURO 2012 DLC Pack

Re: No Euro Game From EA

I hope this doesn't set a precedent...

What next? Will we just get FIFA "Base Edition" which has just the top divisions (like FIFA up until 03) and basic game modes and ends up with us having to pay extra if we want to expand the game with more leagues, tournaments etc.?

To me that idea doesn't sound too far-fetched, especially with how much EA like to rip people off (look at the recent DLC for Tiger Woods, you have to "rent" courses with real money that are already on the disc!).

Why u must give 19 € if.. u... can.. download.. some.. free fan made EURO 2012 mods and patches, witch will be way bette of that EA's EURO 2012 graphic mod ??
I'ts insane :D

(yeah, PC WTF !)

Last edited:

honestly i don't like ea's policy but show me the mods that include all of the euro stadiums in decent quality. go ahead.

I don't mind the DLC, as long as it's just for the summer tournaments.

I do say they should put in some gameplay changes for that price. I am sure they have had work on the gameplay since the release of FIFA 12 last gameplay update.

Eh - I don't get what the big deal is about the gameplay updates? You know what gameplay you're getting when you buy any version of FIFA. They have improved certain things with FIFA 12 but the same issues are still there as have been for the last few years...and they were never fixed with the release of any Euro or World cup game. They may have played slightly differently but by enlarge it's the same game.

You don't buy the Euro game for gameplay changes - if you want the authentic presentation, commentary and other bits and bobs, you pay a reduced price and get it, otherwise you don't buy it. If the gameplay was that bad for you, you would have traded in FIFA 12 already.

Eh - I don't get what the big deal is about the gameplay updates? You know what gameplay you're getting when you buy any version of FIFA. They have improved certain things with FIFA 12 but the same issues are still there as have been for the last few years...and they were never fixed with the release of any Euro or World cup game. They may have played slightly differently but by enlarge it's the same game.

You don't buy the Euro game for gameplay changes - if you want the authentic presentation, commentary and other bits and bobs, you pay a reduced price and get it, otherwise you don't buy it. If the gameplay was that bad for you, you would have traded in FIFA 12 already.

Euro 2008 played massively different to Fifa 08, World Cup 10 played massively different to Fifa 10. It was like PES back in the day alot of small tweaks resulted in big changes and for the better no doubt.

Euro 2008 played massively different to Fifa 08, World Cup 10 played massively different to Fifa 10. It was like PES back in the day alot of small tweaks resulted in big changes and for the better no doubt.

true ,tournament games are more polished

@CalcioCalabrese
deal with it EA won't fix the issues within their game ,they will just add new improvements with new problems
that's the way they treat their game

true ,tournament games are more polished

@CalcioCalabrese
deal with it EA won't fix the issues within their game ,they will just add new improvements with new problems
that's the way they treat their game

Dude - deal with what? I wasn't the one saying I wanted gameplay improvements before I'd buy the DLC. Unless there's anything majorly wrong, I will be getting the Euro add on.

EA should have offered the Euro-DLC for free, after all people have bought Fifa 12 and Fifa 11 and Fifa 10... enough to justify a free DLC, especially since it comes without gameplay-changes.

Additionally EA should have offered Fifa -Euro-version as an standalone-download-game for those that don't have Fifa 12, for that they could charge 20 Dollars.

Just my 2cents, I for one won't buy this dlc.

EA should have offered the Euro-DLC for free

Ridiculous. There's more than enough new content to warrant the low price it's being released at. You obviously don't live in a real world where people work for a living and thus wages have to be paid and things cost money.

going from a stand-alone game to free dlc - sure. that's how todays videogames industry works :D

But are they $60 better?

I would probably say yes. WC2010 was a phenominal game, I still enjoy playing it a lot even now, when it's two cycles old (Fifa 11 and 12). I would happily pay full price for that game whereas I don't get the same buzz from playing FIFA 11/12.

The gameplay was immense, it just felt a lot more balanced than the recent FIFAs, there seemed to be a better mix of everything. You might or might not win 50-50 balls, you could score with a header rather than it being a once in a blue moon scenario, One downside to the Euro game is it would only have the European nations, so compared with the World Cup game you would be missing African, N/S American and Asian teams, which (as well as meaning you couldnt play as these teams) would mean you could only face European teams in the CYC mode for B team friendlies. So the recent Holland v Uruguay, Spain v Venezuela, and France v USA and Italy v USA matches couldnt be re-created. They should really try and bundle it with a Copa America 2011 and ACN 2012 game.

Ridiculous. There's more than enough new content to warrant the low price it's being released at. You obviously don't live in a real world where people work for a living and thus wages have to be paid and things cost money.

Things cost money? Really, what a revelation you offered up there, until today I thought everything is free. :OOOH:

Year after year we are paying for football games, be it PES or Fifa and sometimes both. The costs you talk about are paid yearly for the full games, and these DLC's that bring no gameplay changes should be seen as customer service, a mere update for a product already paid year after year... to keep the customer content and happy.

I don't know in which reality you live but in my reality such an idea of customer-service goes without saying.

That said, asking new customers who don't have Fifa 12 to pay for the euro-DLC-turned-into-a-game of-its-own goes without saying, too.

going from a stand-alone game to free dlc - sure. that's how todays videogames industry works :D

If EA wants money, then they should better produce a stand-alone-game with improved gameplay/physics/graphics/AI... but to charge customers for DLC's without any of these improvements is indeed ridiculous.

FIFA12 already had an inflated RRP of £55. They're now charging for the sort of content that the communities for all sorts of games regularly do for free.....

I'm almost surprised EA haven't announced that they're blocking the online features of FIFA12 to those who already have it, unless they buy the Euro2012 download.

FIFA12 already had an inflated RRP of £55. They're now charging for the sort of content that the communities for all sorts of games regularly do for free.....

I'm almost surprised EA haven't announced that they're blocking the online features of FIFA12 to those who already have it, unless they buy the Euro2012 download.

Did anywhere sell it for £55? All games have a higher rrp than what they actually sell for. I picked Fifa 12 up for £42 on day of release.

Im amazed your almost surprised that EA haven't announced that they're blocking the online features of FIFA12 to those who already have it, unless they buy the Euro2012 download.

In Australia we pay around $80 to $90 for new release games where there's a bit of competition and they actually retail for $99 to $109.

I still have FIFA World Cup and it was a brilliant game. The majority of that brilliance was in the authenticity of the presentation and the fact that the World Cup is such a special moment. If the Euro DLC has the ability to get me immersed in the moment then I'd be happy with my purchase.

Gamers will find anything to complain about. Oh it's full price, bring it out as a DLC. Oh it's a DLC, it won't have gameplay changes. Yeah it's your money - but no one's forcing you to spend it.

why not force people modding arma 2 to pay for it then?

Did anywhere sell it for £55? All games have a higher rrp than what they actually sell for. I picked Fifa 12 up for £42 on day of release.

Im amazed your almost surprised that EA haven't announced that they're blocking the online features of FIFA12 to those who already have it, unless they buy the Euro2012 download.

Meanwhile, those games with an RRP of £45 are actually selling for around £32-£35. You missed the point.

Enjoy your shirt pack.

I didn't think WC was a brilliant game. I enjoyed the presentation surrounding it, but on the pitch the defending was as frustratingly broken as FIFA10.

I managed to pick up WC on a cheap deal, and still don't feel like I got my money's worth out of it in terms of hours played. I personally wouldn't pay full price for a stand-alone tournament game.

The Big Globe Thing was cool though. If I had my way, there'd be a Big Globe Thing in every game.

Back
Top Bottom