Forza Motorsport

on a ten minute impression

Liked what im seeing so far. not superb on the graphics front as a lot of people are raving about , But still enjoying it :) .

Could possibly be a gotham / gt4 beater imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just had my first stint on this and it seems decent enough I ain't absolutely blown away or anything but I like what I see so far, It certainly seems to hold its own with the other Racers but I can't compare it to GT4 as I don't have it nor have I played it.

The framerate seems to run a little lower than some other racers (i.e. Rallisport 2) at times, but you guys already noticed that in the Demo which I haven't played ... so I can't say whether its been improved since that version or not.

What I can say is that it never gets low enough to spoil things from what I have seen of it so far. In fact to me the framerate feels almost exactly comparable to PGR2 which never seemed like it ran anywhere near 60fps more like 30fps ?

Anyway I firstly went into Arcade Race and took a Big 'Ol Black Bentley GT for a spin around the first track ... "Maple Valley II" a Tarmac at Dusk affair ...

First thing I noticed was a lot of Assists available to help out a Rookie.

The best one being the green "Arrows Raceline" on the track which when you are going too fast glows Red until you drop some speed upon which it returns to Green letting you know you are doing the right speed for that corner/bend, As I say a good feature to the not so "Sim" friendly newcomers ... managed a second place in the Bentley then I switched to a Yellow Porsche 911 GT3 and managed a first 2 laps later.

Other things to mention that I liked ..... The Graphics, well they may or may not be better than GT4's, you tell me ? but they are certainly more than capble of supporting this Game and what they certainly do have is a nice "Style/Look" all of their own and they've also flung in some nice lighting and shadow effects on the models and the track.

Also of note are the Damage effects on the cars, very smart and a lot more advanced than in any of the other racers this side of "McRae/Rallisport/Burns". I had some nice scrapes & cracks on my Vehicles by the end.

Lastly, for those that are into their Stats and Data you have the Telemetry options on the Replays ... Pretty Advanced ... it lets you see in Real time all the Data of your Racing/Car at that exact second in the Race ... Cool Feature for those that want it.

Well I've rambled on for long enough, probably telling you everything you already knew from playing the Demo. ;-)

Anyways hope my impressions were the sort someone was after, just told it as I saw it :)

Cheers Guys

Cheers mate, I can live with a PGR2 framerate but the old demo struggled to even match that so it's good you mentioned that game specifically. Most people seem to be saying even with all the assists off, it's far more along the lines of PGR's style of driving than Gran Turismo (i.e. not this all-conquering "simulation" they're trying to sell it as), but still a great game all the same.

I'm quite looking forward to it now.

Yeah I had mess about with the Decals and Stuff last night ... Quite time consuming getting it to look how you want though :)

I just kept it simple and added a nice little black Spider to the hood of my Shimmering Lime Green Audi TT ... Subtle but Nice.

SilverSpider said:
Yeah I had mess about with the Decals and Stuff last night ... Quite time consuming getting it to look how you want though :)

I just kept it simple and added a nice little black Spider to the hood of my Shimmering Lime Green Audi TT ... Subtle but Nice.

Was the Audi TT the car u started with too cos it was the one i started with too. One small thing i noticed is that for a Four-WD car it dosn't seem to hold the corners aswell as a Four-WD car in say GT4. In fact i have found that i have more control in the a Front-WD car only with the obvious understeer.This is realy alot different to GT4 but not in a negative kind of way, at least its still too early yet for me to say which i prefer....

spaceman said:
Was the Audi TT the car u started with too cos it was the one i started with too. One small thing i noticed is that for a Four-WD car it dosn't seem to hold the corners aswell as a Four-WD car in say GT4. In fact i have found that i have more control in the a Front-WD car only with the obvious understeer.This is realy alot different to GT4 but not in a negative kind of way, at least its still too early yet for me to say which i prefer....

Hi spaceman,

Yes you are indeed right mate, I did start with the TT ... it seemed the obvious choice from the selection offered up at the start.

I think this game will be even better played with a Steering wheel as at the moment the difficult thing for me is touching the stick only lightly to turn ... I end up pushing a little hard on it then the next thing the Tyres are screeching underneath me and I am losing speed and grip, but if I get it right the car just goes around smooth without making a sound ... needs a delicate touch :)

I also need to work on my Braking as it never seems as smooth as the CPU AI, they seem to brake very late but still don't skid/lock up ... like I am at times.

I do like the feature of looking at the CPU AI drivers Telemetry as it shows how hard they are Braking/Accelerating and also how much they are turning the wheel in the corners .. helped me see were I was going wrong initially.

I would have liked some License/Training Tests & Tutorials and stuff like they have in GT, you know basically teaching you initially how the Game wants you to drive and where you are going wrong ... but so far I ain't seeen anything more than "Tips" pop up on screen at the end of a Race.

Last edited:
IGN gave it 9.5 I think, and Gamespot scored it higher than it scored GT4.

All in all it's getting top notch reviews, cannae be bad!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/forzamotorsport/review.html

9.2/10 at Gamespot !

Thats a pretty good score from them, as they seem to be a lot harder to please these days .... with MGS3 getting 8.7 as a perfect example.

P.S.

Check out the Reader reviews for Forza at Gamespot .... some Fooking :clown: has given it .... 1.6 ???

Most likely a GT4 fanboy ... why people do this is beyond me if they didn't like it as much why not give it 7 or even a 6 ???

But 1.6 thats just Ridiculous for a Game of this calibre.

People should keep scores like that for stuff like "Chicago Enforcer" :mrgreen:

I would give it a 7 or 7.5. Not fantastic, but imo slightly better (altho not as deep as)than GT4.

Really tempted with this game, it was breifly mentioned earlier but any new impressions vs PGR2 and GT4?

There is a 6 minute video review over on IGN now, the guy who does that gets very excited. I think he may have had to change his pants after reviewing it

CWright said:
There is a 6 minute video review over on IGN now, the guy who does that gets very excited. I think he may have had to change his pants after reviewing it
I watched that myself, the game looks a lot smoother than the demo I thought. It'll be some adjustment going from PGR to this, I intend to play most of the career mode online so I'll have to fork out to repair damage you gits cause!

Gamespot have a nice Video Review too for those that are after even more footage of the Game running.

Think it was about 60mb or so.

SilverSpider said:
Gamespot have a nice Video Review too for those that are after even more footage of the Game running.

Think it was about 60mb or so.
Hi SilverSpider,

I just send you friend request on Xboxlive my tag is BzFun ;)

We should create Evo auto Club on xbox live it's will be awesome8)

ClassicD said:
I'll have to fork out to repair damage you gits cause!

I have no idea what you mean by that, I am known as Mr Signal, Mirror, Manouvre ;)

Look at some of the paint jobs someone has done:

ddlivekiss10co.jpg

ddlivekiss35bx.jpg

ddlivestarwars47op.jpg

ddlivestarwars20vp.jpg

ddlivesuperman2rb.jpg

Really looking forward to this game now :).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://tabwin.com/forza.htm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thought some of you might like a look at those, Some of that stuff is Unreal !!!

Takes "Hours and Hours" apparently but most of it can be done in Game with the Editor. :mrgreen:

The Games been out less than a week and its already amassed a huge Modifying & Community Scene ... Crazy Really.

I think I've just realised how BIG this Game is actually gonna be ... Looks like we have a new "Heavyweight Franchise" in the Console World ?

DAMN, some of them paint jobs are looking class, I dont think I would ever have time to do all the decals like them. There is some classics on that page you put up Silver.

Holio said:
There is some classics on that page you put up Silver.

Tell me about it, I agree with you though ... as I also don't think I will have the Skill or the Time to be pulling out stuff like that :(

I mean come on that Spider-Man & South Park stuff is just Ridiculous on there ... Where would you even begin ???

Crazy Stuff :mrgreen:

They are incredible paint jobs, are you sure they all all done with the ingame editor??? Absoutely insane if they are. I'm ordering this bundled with the Live Starter kit this week.

Very nice paint jobs, can you use them online for others to see?

Speaking of online, how many of you will be playing this on Live? I doubt I'd be playing it offline much if I got it, I just bought GT4 and played it for an hour or so before I got bored with it.

Ike said:
Very nice paint jobs, can you use them online for others to see?

Speaking of online, how many of you will be playing this on Live? I doubt I'd be playing it offline much if I got it, I just bought GT4 and played it for an hour or so before I got bored with it.

Yep you can see the custom paint jobs when online, that is kinda the whole point of it. I'll be on live with this game once I get it.

If it plays as well as PGR, I'd say there will be a big following on Live for it. No doubt keep your eyes peeled in the Network Gaming area for more details on the EW Forza Club...... ;)

Yes Ike that's a big attraction for this game, your car can be genuinely unique online if you put the time and imagination into it's 'artwork' ;). Agree 100% on the GT4 factor, never play it - sure it's realistic, it looks gorgeous, but it's boring as feck.

So you're finally gonna get on Live ReActor eh? :)

Back
Top Bottom