PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I disagree. I've played PES 2016 since it first came out up until a month ago, then switched to FIFA. Enjoyed both, A LOT, for what they are. Each to their own. The problem relies in YOUR expectations of one game or the other. I love both. This doesn't mean either of them is perfect.

Thanks man! I am playing neither haha...PS2 PES for me for my footy fix.

Wrote this on WENB Forums wanted to share with you guys:

Frankly, I'm not very optimistic about the future of the series as we know it.

You can almost see the writing on the wall from Konami as they are phasing out console gaming. It's like Konami is trying to milk every last drop before they shut it down.

I expect EA to hit Konami hard with more exclusive licenses and I don't have faith Konami will re-invest in other licenses they can acquire. Unless Konami can figure out a universal option file system, and even if they do, they are in trouble because It's a different day in gaming, its all about authenticity. Gamers today don't want to have to jump through complicated time consuming hoops to edit teams. 10-20 years ago a niche of gamers would play games regardless of authenticity if gameplay was great. That isn't today's gamer. A game could be great but no one will buy or play it if it's not authentic.

I look at All Pro 2K Football. 2K made an American football game after EA got the exclusive NFL license and it was a really damn good game but they never made another one because fans left for authenticity that Madden provided so it no longer made sense to produce a football game.

Did anyone even raise their hand in that BBC show when the hosts asked who plays PES? Haven't seen it but heard from people it was embarrassing towards PES. I'm really interested in seeing factual sales figures because I'm hearing mixed numbers from reliable sources (Not Asim or Adam btw) though I expect micro transactions to be high.

Which brings me to my final thought. I see PES in the next few years going to a subscription based model. No hard disc copy. Online MyClub based game downloaded to the console. Only license Konami needs to worry about is the FifaPro for real player names and then an edit mode to create kits for your own MyClub team.

Why does this make sense? Think of the amount of cost-cutting that would be involved not having to chase licenses or mass produce a console game. Micro-transactions could still be high. From a business standpoint this makes perfect economic sense to milk online gamers and save production money. Then the question is how long do those gamers stick around before going to a more complete package in FIFA? And at what point does it no longer make economic sense to create the game even as an online subscription or free to play? We are assuming gameplay isn't shit either.

5-10 years from I don't see a PES. I hope I am wrong. But the writing is on the wall for me.

Have you managed to make PES work on your Mac so?
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/75848/page-4
Here is the patch i was talking about a few weeks..maybe months before for PES 6.

please warn me only because of the :OT:

Next year...
barney-stinson-kill-myself-boring-suicide-neil-patrick-harris-How-I-Met-Your-Mother.gif

I'm done Klash. I've played the last patch and just couldn't find the game fun anymore. Players disregarding the ball's position and trajectory yet somehow manage to completely control it perfectly when the ball's coming from behind, going through their bodies and onto their foot. The ball even travels way too fast for me.

PES 2015 doesn't have these issues. The ball bounces and deflects nicely. Players aware of the ball's position and direction and thus position themselves accordingly. Game pace is perfect on 0 too. Keepers even though not great but they react realistically. I can't run with defenders from box to box almost every time like PES 2016.

PES 2016 is an arcade attempt and what makes me sad is that they continue to say it's not, also convincing us it's not in their hands that fouls are rare and broken and a tech issue. They think we're stupid to just swallow it up.

I'm unhappy. I'm unhappy because someone at Konami decided to listen to the wrong guy/people. These people have turned this game from going down the semi-sim route to the arcade route. I get that some dig that, but that's not what PES was. They could've made another game that was more arcade oriented and left PES be. I absolutely detest that person that was given more importance than he deserved. I will not name names. If you just look at the game's history, you will know who he is. I have absolutely zero respect for him. He kept complaining and complaining until he got the arcade game he wanted. I'm sad Konami listened to him. This is no conspiracy. I might sound emotional because it's a game I've been playing since the mid 90's. It gave me tons of great football gaming memories. /end rant

I'm done with this game. I have PES 2015 (or 2014 Blue Samurai) to entertain me.

I'm done Klash. I've played the last patch and just couldn't find the game fun anymore. Players disregarding the ball's position and trajectory yet somehow manage to completely control it perfectly when the ball's coming from behind, going through their bodies and onto their foot. The ball even travels way too fast for me.

PES 2015 doesn't have these issues. The ball bounces and deflects nicely. Players aware of the ball's position and direction and thus position themselves accordingly. Game pace is perfect on 0 too. Keepers even though not great but they react realistically. I can't run with defenders from box to box almost every time like PES 2016.

PES 2016 is an arcade attempt and what makes me sad is that they continue to say it's not, also convincing us it's not in their hands that fouls are rare and broken and a tech issue. They think we're stupid to just swallow it up.

I'm unhappy. I'm unhappy because someone at Konami decided to listen to the wrong guy/people. These people have turned this game from going down the semi-sim route to the arcade route. I get that some dig that, but that's not what PES was. They could've made another game that was more arcade oriented and left PES be. I absolutely detest that person that was given more importance than he deserved. I will not name names. If you just look at the game's history, you will know who he is. I have absolutely zero respect for him. He kept complaining and complaining until he got the arcade game he wanted. I'm sad Konami listened to him. This is no conspiracy. I might sound emotional because it's a game I've been playing since the mid 90's. It gave me tons of great football gaming memories. /end rant

I'm done with this game. I have PES 2015 (or 2014 Blue Samurai) to entertain me.

Great post and well said. . .took balls to say that Lami! Some of the people with influence are huge admirers of Fifa and would love pes to play like it.

Unfortunately Lami, konami are about making the big bucks now and they have to attract the casuals and noobs, it's the only way they will attract volume, by making the game arcade, unfortunately for us that's the path they have chosen and for the first time ever, I'm not even looking forward to first game info for PES 17 .
I'm hoping baz gets enough funds for his game, cos he has the right vision.

Im curious now... lol
Asim is the name that came to my mind... It is he whom you are talkin about ?

Anyway, I agree with you 100%.

Konami were moving on the right direction with PES 2015: If we just had Pes 2015 gameplay with the new Pes 2016 collision system and Pes 2014 early demo ball physics, we would have a killing game that could make us forget the past Pes games.

The reason PES 2015 played fine, and did not have the issues you're mentioning, is due to the inability to import kits in that version on next-gen, which destroy the whole gameplay framework. So while people had their issues with the game last year on PS4, it did not suffer the backlash and ridicule that 2016 has been exposed to as time has progressed post-release.

PES 2016 plays fine, and is generally better than PES 2015, WITHOUT kits. All the PES games of the last few years, with the exception of PES 2014, are very playable without imported images in fact. The video Klashman posted is also symptomatic of the dumb jerkiness you will see when the game is in that state. The AI straight up sucks as well. Replays on PES 2016 without image importing is smooth and contains more transition movements and is generally easy on the eye comparatively.

Why this is the case is not obvious to me, but it has been this way for years now on PS3 and PS4 now. The whole game will be affected, even if the match you are playing is between two teams with licensed kits created by Konami.

The reason PES 2015 played fine, and did not have the issues you're mentioning, is due to the inability to import kits in that version on next-gen, which destroy the whole gameplay framework. So while people had their issues with the game last year on PS4, it did not suffer the backlash and ridicule that 2016 has been exposed to as time has progressed post-release.

PES 2016 plays fine, and is generally better than PES 2015, WITHOUT kits. All the PES games of the last few years, with the exception of PES 2014, are very playable without imported images in fact. The video Klashman posted is also symptomatic of the dumb jerkiness you will see when the game is in that state. The AI straight up sucks as well. Replays on PES 2016 without image importing is smooth and contains more transition movements and is generally easy on the eye comparatively.

Why this is the case is not obvious to me, but it has been this way for years now on PS3 and PS4 now. The whole game will be affected, even if the match you are playing is between two teams with licensed kits created by Konami.

well i have the my club version and had the retail version. Retail had kits imported and the free version didnt. Both play exactly the same with the same issues

imported kits make absolutely no difference. I play the game with just some teams with imported kits yet i have the same issue with the game as many others with completely edited and im0ported kits.

In the latest 1.05 update, have they fixed the insane/breakneck pace of the Master League yet? If I start a new Italian Serie B season, would I still expect scores of 6-5 or 5-4? That was my biggest gripe - even if I delete all the system setting files, and start a new ML, I always find that the players are always playing all out attack and the game ends up super high score.

(I play on the PS4, U.S. version)

where is this new patch everyone is talking about?? I guess I shouldn't update it if I get it since it misses up the game. The game plays fine for me as is

No glenn0. Kits aren't the reason PES 2016 lost some foot planting and introduced more skating. It also isn't the reason my defenders can run from box to box. It also isn't the reason keepers suck. It also isn't the reason refs are sadistic. C'mon now.

I installed the new patch, started up a World Cup. I purposely hacked the CPU down twice, no free kicks. It's a game killer for me. You can just win the ball back by going behind someone and hacking them down and running off. Also the CPU had 2 shots 2 goals. I am done with this game.

Also, I was "loving" PES 2015 thinking that I can enjoy it (boy I even bought a recorder thingy so that I can record my games). But then over the weekend I played PES5 with my brother as we always do (maybe every 2 months) and the old classic PES feeling is there all the time when we play. I know the ball physics are not as good and it's eight directional movement, but we have so much fun. Probably because we are as good as each other so each game is tight whether it be 0-0 or 2-2. So I have also decided that I am done with PES2015 too.

I think the reason I played it is because PES5 is easy for me now 10 years later against the CPU and I need a challenge. But I'm forcing myself to like it but I don't. I am going to go back to editing PES5 and try to keep it up to date so that myself and my brother can continue to enjoy the games when we do play with the correct squads. I just wish there was a way to play online on PS2.

Ever since PES5 I have been forcing myself to like the latest editions but it's not there it's gone. The soul of PES has died...

I will have to find myself another game to keep myself occupied while in the middle of editing PES5. I'm thinking of a complete change, maybe tennis games, or platform games. Anyhow, sorry to ramble on but my wife's away for a couple of days and I'm bored. I've had a good day editing PES5 and look forward to seeing how Varney and co will play with us at the controls. Wow... Is that the time goodnight everyone :ZZZ:

About Klashman video, my trought about the fouls issues:

We've got the same AI referee in PES 2015... But with the result of PES 2016 system. And also to keep a certain "balance" in the game because this new system, PES production have made the choice to make referees blind...

Sure they're aware of the problem, but not as much time (or lazyness if you prefer) to remodels AI referee.
In footy games, a little change can totally makes the attack/defense unbalanced.

I remember when Fifa as implanted collisions, tactical defending, the first iterations was buggy as hell and makes some situations unrealistic.
Fifa 12 is the perfect example, first game with Tactical Defense was the worst ever on PS360.
Many things can't be fixed because they're part of the basis/structure of the game's engine (like High trougth ball for Fifa).
Referees AI, can be changed for sure.

But about ball physics especially while shooting too straight... I doubt it will be easy to modify that in the current core, it seems to be glued to the engine.
That's not impossible to change shooting in the future, at least to make the ball less heavy, carried away by his bowling weight...

What i truely want is seeing ball slowing down on certains long shots, loosing their power more, or when the ball brush against ground for example. While a player is in bad position too.

Well, shooting and referee AI are the things to complete and fix for PES 2017, even more than goalkeepers... Even if they're both related, gks are not THAT bad: is for me shooting which is over-effective.

Well, those are what got PES the high scores this years. I read a review (on fourfourtwo I think) giving PES 2016 a good score because the passing and shooting are very accurate this year, so we know what's to come in future series. I still play the game, but I use a gameplay patch on pc, although it doesn't fix the referees but at least prevents the AI's '2 pass and score' cheating on superstar, and I can't make a solo run through the defence as easy as the vanila version.

Well, those are what got PES the high scores this years. I read a review (on fourfourtwo I think) giving PES 2016 a good score because the passing and shooting are very accurate this year, so we know what's to come in future series. I still play the game, but I use a gameplay patch on pc, although it doesn't fix the referees but at least prevents the AI's '2 pass and score' cheating on superstar, and I can't make a solo run through the defence as easy as the vanila version.

That's better. What about the clunky animations though? Still the same? I prefer 2015's animations and ball awareness.

Shooting is mental for me, can't see how that's what gave the game high scores! Every shot doesn't have to be 100mph surely? it would be nice to see speed and accuracy varied given body position and balance. (and stats) oh well.

regarding what Lami said earlier, what's most annoying for me is those people/person now talk to you like shit if you add any criticism to the game, using the reasoning "people bitching and moaning because the game isn't EXACTLY how they want it to play" when that's what those people/person did in the first place o get the game they wanted. ugh.

My problem with this game and the ones before it is its not actually exciting/tense/joyful to play anymore.

I can score a 30 yard screamer every game without even trying, these goals were so rare in the older games on PS2 it made you jump out of your seat and made you feel like you had accomplished something, in all my years playing pes6 I scored one overhead kick and that was with Bobby Charlton a classic player!

The series is going in the wrong direction and I don't trust those who they are giving an opinion to, PES14, 15, 16 are awful football games and share more DNA with the arcade like ISS games they released aside the pro evolution series, PES13 the 1st PC demo they released was absolutely amazing but subsequent patches killed that game for me, it was random and exciting whereas the patches made it more stifled.

I played pes5 at the weekend on my surface pro and yes the game is dated, the directions are rigid but the game flow is unmatched.

I want my Pro Evo back Konami :(

That's always been my biggest issue, too - when scoring is a formality, it will always be joyless. I scored with a header last week that didn't even go in the direction I was aiming it (or made sense given the contact), and there was absolutely zero excitement about it for me. My only reaction was "that was stupid", the complete polar-opposite to how it used to feel to score a goal in PES.

I also hit a shot straight at the keeper from 30 yards out using the manual shot arrow (which I love, and I wish FIFA would pinch it), but for no reason whatsoever, the keeper decided to dive out of the way of it.

Given what little difference the patches are making at this point, I think it's fair to say Konami aren't hearing us, or don't care. It's all downhill from here. I 100% blame the reviewers (after Konami themselves, obviously).

Did anyone even raise their hand in that BBC show when the hosts asked who plays PES? Haven't seen it but heard from people it was embarrassing towards PES. I'm really interested in seeing factual sales figures because I'm hearing mixed numbers from reliable sources (Not Asim or Adam btw) though I expect micro transactions to be high.

I think there was 1. No more. There was a deafening silence when he asked who played PES.

I think there was 1. No more. There was a deafening silence when he asked who played PES.
Dan Walker said there were "two or three" but I don't know if that was to save the embarrassment (though in a room of 100 people, that's still not great, is it)...

Miles Jacobsen (of Football Manager) twisted the knife a bit as well, I thought, with his comment - "it's different for us, because guys like Adam are trying to make a fun, arcade experience, whereas we're trying to simulate 90 minutes".

He didn't look pleased, from what I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom