PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

My FIFA loving mates comment when I told him pes12 had just added that cup thing in the update last week?

His answer? "big deal. Name 10 players in it? Why the hell would anyone in Europe be interested in that?"

Hard to disagree.

Hard to agree, to be honest

My FIFA loving mates comment when I told him pes12 had just added that cup thing in the update last week?

His answer? "big deal. Name 10 players in it? Why the hell would anyone in Europe be interested in that?"

Hard to disagree.

Being both ignorant and self-centered aren't exactly qualities he should be proud of tbh.

Hard to disagree.

A true lover of football would never say such a thing.

Typical English ignorance.

I'l tell you what the more i think about it i'd be more than happy going back to just International teams if it means PES finally has amazing gameplay with good graphics and sound this year!

I'l tell you what the more i think about it i'd be more than happy going back to just International teams if it means PES finally has amazing gameplay with good graphics and sound this year!

Yep. I really enjoyed the old ISS games that only had international teams. The lack of club football didn't bother me, as long as the gameplay is good I don't care.

Then again international football was more interesting in the nineties. More characters and legends in the sport.

agree wit this.

Being both ignorant and self-centered aren't exactly qualities he should be proud of tbh.

Exactly! The Copa Libertadores is one of the most prestigious and international football tournaments in the world. Of course, if he lives in a bubble and only see what's going on on the Champions League, he wouldn't care about it (of course for europeans the game time of the libertadores makes hard to watch the games live, 20-22 latinamerica = 24-02 am europe, but that doesn't means that the tournament doesn't care).

But Argentina & Brasil (in this order talking about clubs but starting to shift, the contrary if talking about NT) plus other latinamerican (mexico, uruguay, chile, etc) countries have a rich and fantastic history of national leagues.

Of course, there isn't a league in south america comparable to the current level of top teams in the premier league, la liga or serie a, but some people will argue that the average team in la liga could be beaten by an average team in argentina. But even disagreeing with that, if you should choose a league after those 3 it will be a hard decission between the ligue, the bundesliga or the brazileirao or argentinean league.

Also, for Konami and SOny, the addition of some tournaments from our region will be a gigantic boost for a game that's starting to shift the paradigm from buying pirated games to original (1 million copies!).

Also.. a user said that the game sold a lot more in Europe. Are you sure? (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51205/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/) Maybe it's not a too reliable source, but it says that the game sold 0.84 millions in Europe for PS3 and 0.30 for X360. So a little more than 1 million.

Of course, I'm not trying to say that south america should be more important than Europe. I like a lot the European leagues (i'm an arsenal fan and of course I see all Barcelona games and random games from there), the best players of the world play on their top leagues, and the Champios League and Europa League are two magnificent tournaments.

I only think that's great that for the first time we have an updated local tournament in the game and hope that some day they will add our national leagues. I'm Boca Juniors fan so my team is in the game since PS2 days (always with stats around 60-70, even when we won the international cup 2 times) but a lot of friend would like to play using theirs.

Hope next week we will get some good news :D.

Also.. a user said that the game sold a lot more in Europe. Are you sure? (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51205/pro-evolution-soccer-2012/) Maybe it's not a too reliable source, but it says that the game sold 0.84 millions in Europe for PS3 and 0.30 for X360. So a little more than 1 million.

That site you linked says the WW sales are...

Global Total as of 21st Apr 2012 (units): 1.88m

That's nonsense ;) WW sales a couple of months back were over 5 million. It has sold much more in Europe than in South America. Infact more than treble the amount.

PES2013 Feedback & Ideas

UEFA Champions League Must be hold in PES 2013 (forever PES with UEFA)…
GamePlay Speed must be slower, motions, player moves and etc.
Player Position, Condition and overall rating must be together while choosing strategy-formation. Clicking all the time on RB – LB is killing me.
http://www.pes-2012.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/arrow-tips-pes2012.jpg

Moving a Player with RT\R2 when You don’t own the ball is Horrible. they are moving fast and unrealistic.
Bundesliga (licensed or un)
d2 leagues under all leagues (licensed or un)
Fix the AI. CPU more shots, kicks, fouls, fight. AI must be more aggressive more smart... more tricks.
More Diving, in Real football they are lying 1 hour on the pitch.
Ball Physics are awful. it’s like a little peace of stone !!!

more MOTIONS !!! 30 types MINIMUM !!! Superstar Players OWN, Individual Motions.
Dribbling – only 4 type Are You Kidding Us ???
Free Kick – it’s 11 type. Superstars must have own style of free kicks. (In Training Challenge I like Free Kicks, but in Real Game it’s really different, I think because GK’s are like Robots)
Penalty Kick – 6 type it’s little. Penalty kicks need improvement. PK always was your weak side
Drop Kick – 4 type. I can’t say anything about it. other things are More Important

remove black screen, on Free kicks, Corner Kicks, like on throw in case. it will be great. also add little boys with balls
Better movement when receiving pass, shooting.

Manager Customize:
At this moment ,all managers wear default suit.

Player warm-ups
Player warm-ups are already present in the game, but only in free training sessions. You forgot to put it in real matches.

ML
Be able to manage a national team and a master league team in the same time ( for example you play with Real Madrid in the Master League and when the national competitions start (for example EURO CUP or World CUP) if you are a national trainer of Italy you can pick up your players from clubs across the world and play on National Cup
ML and League on 2 player (to play against each other) with all cup and competition, training, transfers and etc. as is on 1 player, to play vs my friends in League or in Cup or in Champions League... this is what i want most. [improvement of MultiPlayer]
Trophy cabinet would be so satisfying and inspiring (Y) .Also player who retires from my club should be put in legends gallery with careers stats. I hate reborning players it kills game
Top Scorer Photos and names. Top Assist Photos and names. Legend player photos and etc.
UEFA Champions League best players must be selected more realistic and not with overall ratings. I think it would be better with this Goal+Assist+Rating = best player. (also I think Best Player 90% must be Uefa Cl winner)
LIST People who are retiring this year (Pre-season)
when your player (if he was important player for team) retires there must be equal situation last match applause and etc.

STATISTICS !!! results from previous matches, also what they have done Head to Head in last seasons.
In the Master League (League), a ranking of the top scorers, players, goalkeepers and … For all the years
In the Master League ( League or Cup ) started every game or sometime, in the league would be a table ranking (points…)

Co-ownerships, player + money trades…
Also Player of the Week, Month, Year. Top 11 player of every Round.
National super cups (spanish super cup, suppecoppa italiana, german super cup, Berlusconi CUP (Juve vs Milan), TIM Cup (Juve vs Milan vs Inter) full time 45 minute then PK’s)
It would great if we could see Report (who scored, assists) of Main games, like Barca vs Real – Man UTD vs Chelsea vs Arsenal vs Man City – Juve vs Milan vs Inter
in ML Staff must be many people to choose, (Coach, Athletic, Scout, Doctor), only 5 doctor sucks, also there must be more injuries, to pay fee (money) for some operation what would need a player.
I want to retire Coach, when I want in middle of November or in April like a real football.
Club Boss is very monotonous. it would be perfect to move Club Boss elements in ML.

More ways to spend money. for example:
when you loose derby game on your Home stadium, crowd goes crazy and may break, damage stadium parts Chairs and etc.
In every 3 or 6 month Stadium Turf need to change. and like it was in PES2008, I’ll choose type of turf...
many things like this could be made

League\Cup

League:
When I choose more than 1 user there MUST be Cup Competitions !!! So many people are begging you for this !!! 2 man want to play Serie A or BBVA with All Cups UEFA CL and Europe League.
Add View Scores. Like in ML to miss game i don't want to play

Graphic:
Graphics NEED IMPROVEMENT. Textures of Shirt, players .... Level of Detail also need to work Seriously. PES 2012 from near view isn't bad, but when i'm playing with Wide cam.(80% or more of pes Gamers) or pitchside cam. players, turf, crowd are awful.
colors are disgusting !!! Weather cycle also is disgusting.
When it’s Rainy weather I can’t see rain drops :(((. it’s Huge SHAME.
I wish the pes 2013 new options have a choice of climate: Sunny, Cloudy, Rain, Light Rain, SNOW, transition overnight. Field: water when heavy rain and stay
new cameras: show bench, showing technique and broadcast TV show fans celebrating a goal.

That site you linked says the WW sales are...

That's nonsense ;) WW sales a couple of months back were over 5 million. It has sold much more in Europe than in South America. Infact more than treble the amount.

5 million for PES, really ?

Anyway, let's just take VGchartz comparison for the 5 years iteration world wide for PS3 console (in million)

Pro evolution soccer
2008: 1.57
2009: 2.07
2010: 2.22
2011: 2.32
2012(as per april 21st): 1.88

FIFA
2008: 1.07
2009: 2.50
2010: 3.49
2011: 4.82
2012(as per april 21st): 5.63

Wow.. more than a million new FIFA player in PS3. Correct me if i am wrong, since 2008 FIFA has been having those loads of national league.. and yes including 4 division for Premier league and 2 division of Bundesligue..

So what interest me is that how FIFA can achieve such a big sales jump increase.. not that it adds a lot more national league, yes ?

Looking at different gaming website what they've been repeatedly pointing out is FIFA's animation and graphic over PES. Don't you think this department itself can also boost significant sales ?

It's inevitable that Konami is too slow in that department.. Eventhough they have champions league as product feature, they are offering poor night lighting which all the CL matches held :TTTH: . Oh wait, even scoreboard is that poor..

It is just purely my speculation that Konami may set their PES sales target too low.. Like at least we can sell 1.5 to 2 million, more than enough profit..

Last edited:

people seem to assume that "slow game= simulation".

actually real games are played at an incredible pace these days.it's about balancing attacking and defending tbh. Old pes games were amusingly fast but often so well balanced that the pace felt perfect. Slow pace game= boredom, just like in real life.

Yes, I really cannot play on anything below zero. It feels far too slow and unrealistic, because as you said, real football is played at a fast pace these days. Zero speed feels fine to me.

The days of slow, patient passing football are long gone. It's all about high-tempo, powerful, high-pressure play these days.

Dribbling/passing speed at 0 looks realistiuc to me, but sprinting speed with and especially without a ball is much faster in reallife.

5 million for PES, really ?

Anyway, let's just take VGchartz comparison for the 5 years iteration world wide for PS3 console (in million)

Pro evolution soccer
2008: 1.57
2009: 2.07
2010: 2.22
2011: 2.32
2012(as per april 21st): 1.88

FIFA
2008: 1.07
2009: 2.50
2010: 3.49
2011: 4.82
2012(as per april 21st): 5.63

Wow.. more than a million new FIFA player in PS3. Correct me if i am wrong, since 2008 FIFA has been having those loads of national league.. and yes including 4 division for Premier league and 2 division of Bundesligue..

So what interest me is that how FIFA can achieve such a big sales jump increase.. not that it adds a lot more national league, yes ?

Looking at different gaming website what they've been repeatedly pointing out is FIFA's animation and graphic over PES. Don't you think this department itself can also boost significant sales ?

It's inevitable that Konami is too slow in that department.. Eventhough they have champions league as product feature, they are offering poor night lighting which all the CL matches held :TTTH: . Oh wait, even scoreboard is that poor..

It is just purely my speculation that Konami may set their PES sales target too low.. Like at least we can sell 1.5 to 2 million, more than enough profit..

You cannot look at VGCharts for anything they dont have correct information. Fifa 11 sold well over 12 million and was getting close to 15 million yet they have it at 4.8 million? lol

Fifa 12 sold 3.2 million in it's first week, that's nearly double the amount VGCharts reckons PES 12 has sold world wide since release.

People need to stop using VGCharts :FAIL:

You cannot look at VGCharts for anything they dont have correct information. Fifa 11 sold well over 12 million and was getting close to 15 million yet they have it at 4.8 million? lol

Fifa 12 sold 3.2 million in it's first week, that's nearly double the amount VGCharts reckons PES 12 has sold world wide since release.

People need to stop using VGCharts :FAIL:

They're PS3 charts to be fair.

actually real games are played at an incredible pace these days.it's about balancing attacking and defending tbh. Old pes games were amusingly fast but often so well balanced that the pace felt perfect. Slow pace game= boredom, just like in real life.

Spot on, Alot of people think Football is played in Italy 1992 where the game was extremely slow with players having all the time in the world to build up attacks at walking pace.............

The game has moved on so much especially in Countries like Italy, England, France, Spain & Germany. The speed in which players can get to one end of the park from the other is incredible, The speed in which players are closed down these days is so fast within 2 or 3 seconds players are closed down they dont have time on the ball now for the majority of the match.

They're PS3 charts to be fair.

That's odd the link the Brasilian guy linked to VGCharts had PES 2012 worldwide sales at 1.88 on all formats.

edit: it seems he only linked PS3 sales also instead of Worldwide.

Last edited:

Yes, I really cannot play on anything below zero. It feels far too slow and unrealistic, because as you said, real football is played at a fast pace these days. Zero speed feels fine to me.

The days of slow, patient passing football are long gone. It's all about high-tempo, powerful, high-pressure play these days.

Then releasing PES 2008 right now would be perfect :P

Spot on, Alot of people think Football is played in Italy 1992 where the game was extremely slow with players having all the time in the world to build up attacks at walking pace.............

The game has moved on so much especially in Countries like Italy, England, France, Spain & Germany. The speed in which players can get to one end of the park from the other is incredible, The speed in which players are closed down these days is so fast within 2 or 3 seconds players are closed down they dont have time on the ball now for the majority of the match.

I agree, as what is seen on tv. The issue within current video game (talkin about PES) is about the close to perfect balance among variety speed of ball physic, different pace of running, dribbling, etc and the animation fit for that.. PES does not have accelerating player animation.. So sometimes we can see a player can suddenly sprint, even dribbling, turn, the sprint dribbling etc in split second.. :RANT: Not to say that sudden laser pass from awkward angle :JAY:

Totally agree, somewhere along the line I got this idea too that 'slow' meant more realistic. The slower you make the game, and the longer you get used to it, the more dispropotionate your idea of how fast a 'realistic' game should be.

I now only play on zero speed, it's what Konami intended us to play the game on in the first place. I sat down the other day to watch a match on TV and also noticed that matches these days are indeed incredibly fast paced. The speed at which the ball is passed about pretty much makes PES2012 on zero speed seem just right.

I was initially a fan of PES adding a game speed option, and I guess it doesn't hurt to add it, but part of me thinks that maybe they should just do away with it and make us play the game the way they intended, like in the old days. But if they did, they'd have to get the speed just right. The last game to not provide an option was PES2010, and while I really enjoy that game, the speed of the ball is simply too fast. Comedy fast, at times.

just been watching this: PES Vid
we need that kinda turf and camera angle in PES13!!
Looks fantastic

I would like to see in 2013 the ability to lock the office door in FL. FFS if i have to keep telling the same players over & over again that they are not wanted i am going to scream. Also in my case having captain Gerrard moaning about his squad number!

Maybe konami could leave it has it is but introduce a first person rage mode where you could then throw your teacup at whoever dares to come into the office. :P

Looks fantastic

That turf looks ridiculous in so many ways imo. Too dark, not enough structure etc etc. not to mention the camera angle..

i have never seen any edited turf that look better than konami's original actually. people spoiled the lighting/colour palette part of the game with absurd turfs which don't take into consideration the overall visual presentation.

i thought pes 2011 turf looked amazing in certain stadia. just like pes 2011 faces. dunno why konami took 5 steps back visually.

By default, PES 2012 has the same turf/texture for each stadium.. just like 2011. Are these no better than konami's default.

Hany3's

Last edited:

On another note, i would like to the unstopped time, unless for spesific condition. Coupled with punishment in delaying throw-ins, Goal kick, and so on, a player is prompted to thinking quickly. However, auto kick/throw must be excluded when the time is up to have the punishment system working.

why not even getting a yellow for delayinmg the game?
i'd love that :)

Looks fantastic

amazing turf, so much better then default ones.

but to be honest, i have nothing against default (original) day/fine and afternoon/fine turfs. but for other conditions, especially night ones are very bad and unrealistic.

Last edited:

Superstar is the way forward people. Had a few games on professional last night versus the AI and the scoreline was absolutely ridiculous. 2 - 0 up to them in both games after 10 minutes.
Crank it up to the top level and the play becomes much more balanced.
This setting is as close as you are going to get to playing a 0 assistance player online. Taking into consideration selection of teams.

Looks fantastic

SENSATIONAL camera angle - if KONAMI simply gave us the power to choose height & zoom we could create a far more authentic and playable camera angle. What KONAMI seem to forget is that better camera angles allow for a better looking game..

Back
Top Bottom