anyone still playing pes 2014?

ramgamer

La Liga
22 July 2013
fc barcelona
anyone still plays pes 2014? and are you playing with any gameplay mods? like nesa?

I switched back to 14 a while ago. Love 15, really a fine game, but the defensive positioning settings are flat out broken. They work fine in 14 so I switched back for that reason specifically. No gameplay mods, the default gameplay works for me.

Pes 2014 had by far more superior technology than the canned Pes 2015.
-Better, unpredictable, various collisions
-Better, stable, analytic footplanting
-Various control animations
-Better ball physics, with spin, and height, not linear.
-Animated shirts
-best photorealism in soccer game history.

In Pes 2015 all the above was gone, and we got a Pes 13 with new graphics.
How sad.
Such potential gone wasted...

Pes 2014 had by far more superior technology than the canned Pes 2015.
-Better, unpredictable, various collisions
-Better, stable, analytic footplanting
-Various control animations
-Better ball physics, with spin, and height, not linear.
-Animated shirts
-best photorealism in soccer game history.

In Pes 2015 all the above was gone, and we got a Pes 13 with new graphics.
How sad.
Such potential gone wasted...
my only gripe about it is lack of fouls, really, cpu comes at u like a dog and takes the ball from behind sometimes no foul, for me it's the best footy in the latest pes since 13. much better goal scoring atmosphere than pes 15 also.

Does anyone else agree that PES 2014 Ai is much more challenging than that of PES 2015?
Two AI aspects that work better in PES 2014 are: defensive settings (they work in 2014 and don't work in 2015); plus a much more varied CPU attack (CPU attack creativity and finishing in 2015 is ridiculously one-dimensional). I really like PES 2015, but whatever game coding Konami changed this past year, they completely broke aspects of the 2014 gameplay in the process.

Last edited:
Does anyone else agree that PES 2014 Ai is much more challenging than that of PES 2015?
yes i agree, i'm enjoying pes 2014 but two things are unforgivable.
Keeper blunders are inexplicable.
lack of fouls.
goal scoring opportunities are very gd, physical animations add so much to the depth of the game, if u press the cpu defender they will falter and make a mistake, u take advantage of it and u score from a through ball in a 2 on 1 situation.what do u guys recommend concerning passing assists. i'm on 1 bar now, manual shooting. professional difficulty,

lack of fouls.
goal scoring opportunities are very gd, physical animations add so much to the depth of the game, if u press the cpu defender they will falter and make a mistake, u take advantage of it and u score from a through ball in a 2 on 1 situation.what do u guys recommend concerning passing assists. i'm on 1 bar now, manual shooting. professional difficulty,

lack of fouls?
Strange I see the AI regularly giving away at least 2 fouls per game. PES 2015 is a different matter. If PES 2014 had the player responsiveness of PES 2015, I would be a happy chap.

lack of fouls?
Strange I see the AI regularly giving away at least 2 fouls per game. PES 2015 is a different matter. If PES 2014 had the player responsiveness of PES 2015, I would be a happy chap.
yes lack of fouls, cpu cheating i don't know, but definitely cpu cheating when taking away the ball from a player, near post scoring, my god how awful keepers can be in those.

Yeah, and they've improved so much since release. Imagine how bad they were then.
I've been playing it last night at a friend's house, played with some Libertadores teams... More difficult than 2015, it's true.
Yet you're right about keepers: my keeper Diego Penny made a couple of bloopers that I never thought could still happen in a 2013 football game (like coming out of his goal area to collect a cross then going down like he'd been shot inexplicably).

I'm still considering buying it off Amazon as it's now around 9€ (incl. shipment) as I must admit it was still fun.
Maybe I'll do the extra step and buy the 2013+2014 bundle for 15€ (never impressed by 2013, but I'd love to try a couple of patches out there like E4Y and the PES Boleiros one about Copa América).

I used to play it with the PESGALAXY Patch (I think there was a also a gameplay patch included, Nesa´s I think) and had much more fun than with PES 2015 because of all the aspects all of you have mentioned.

I was very disappointed about the step back.

Actually, I also liked the feature of bodyshifting with the right stick against an opponent, when you fight for the ball.
Why did they remove this?
I know, because so many people were ranting about player selection with the right stick doesn´t work like in PES 2013.
At first it was a desaster with L1 + right stick but after a few patches it worked much better.

They could have tweaked that instead of getting rid of it completely.

Back
Top Bottom