General Sim Racing Thread

Yeah, I know all about Bathurst. One of the most iconic tracks in the world. I'll keep an eye out.

I've even seen some of the Aussie Ute racing on Motors TV. That's quite cool. :))

Re: C.A.R.S. - World of Mass Development / SMS

btw, did you buy rF2 already? i played it again yesterday for 1-2 hours, the force feedback is second to one. it feels incredibly realistic. if only they had more content up to this point that i enjoy (give me DTM! :))

Sorry, I didn't answer your question.

No, I've not jumped onboard with rF2 yet but I've been following its progress. I definitely plan to pick it up at some point but part of me says wait for the free trial when the game is more matured.

I'll probably jump on before that though. News of the first DTM 2012 mod will have me wetting myself with excitement. I believe it is work in progress.

Yeah, I know all about Bathurst. One of the most iconic tracks in the world. I'll keep an eye out.

I've even seen some of the Aussie Ute racing on Motors TV. That's quite cool. :))

Yeah it's great. I've never been to that race but during my local race, I jumped in a Bathurst simulator and did a hot lap. Was very cool. Quite bumpy though haha

Ute racing isn't bad. I like watching the Carrera Cup here and the GT category. I took some video footage. If I still have it, I'll post it up on youtube if anyone's keen for a look.

for that kind of money i'd rather get the fanatec csr elite with switchable rims, from f1 to gt to whatever they plan to do ;)

2.jpg

1.jpg

the thrustmaster is awesome, but switchable wheels is just too awesome not to have. :D

yea thats what i would do too

it's just freaking expensive, the base is what, 490€? + ~200 for each rim

Im thinking of getting a Logitech G27. Anyone got one of these wheels? Are they any good like?

http://www.virtualr.net/more-stunning-beamng-crash-footage

first racing game to implement this is going to be bought a lot, i can assure you.

Definitely. That's very impressive - a bit like the automotive equivalent of the Euphoria engine. It will most likely be a huge drain on performance though, even for PC's, and like the article says, the car manufacturers may not be too keen about their models getting torn to pieces. It's often said that the damage models in Forza and Gran Turismo are very limited for this reason.

GTA entered my mind when I first saw that. Perhaps this engine would suit a game like that where there isn't a complex driving model to be calculated as well? Obviously the visual effect of these kind of crashes would be awesome in GTA.

gta iv damage model was pretty good (for its time), i hope they improve upon it. other than that we will see this in crysis 3 i suppose? can't wait. :)

I joined up to iRacing last night.

Really impressed so far (I know it can get expensive etc - something I'll live with as I only want a couple of car types).

Wish I had of sold my GT5 wheel last month now - sucks with the PS3 pad :(

Just wondered really as always keep meaning to go, and say every year I was thinking of going only to never actually book it. It is really cheap to get a flight and then just need to find a hotel near to the place for the weekend.

I might actually get around to doing it one year.

I used to go to ECTS every year when it was based at Earls Court that used to be briliant, got to play PES ages before it came out and all the big christmas releases that year as well as games still in development.
Got to play games never released as well, I must be one of the very few people who got to play GP4 on the XBOX before it got cancelled.

No, I've never been to a games show. Would love to one day. I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop. Anyway, looking forward to what Simbin have to offer. Hopefully they have some demo software and a wheel setup so that we get some hands-on impressions of GTR3.

How good is project cars?

I was tempted to join the forum as a Team Memeber for £25 but not too sure if it is any better than RF or other racing games.

+ I don't play as much as I used to and I mainly still only really play GP4.

How good is project cars?

I was tempted to join the forum as a Team Memeber for £25 but not too sure if it is any better than RF or other racing games.

+ I don't play as much as I used to and I mainly still only really play GP4.

I've not played pCARS or rF2 yet so I can only go on what I've read from some trusted race simmers on AVF.

pCARS seems to be a mixed bag and has split opinion. It is regarded as the best looking PC racing game ever, but there are questions over the physics and force feedback, which some have accused of being too much like Shift2. The fact that the game is going to be multi-format on the 360, PS3 and WiiU raises questions over its sim credentials - will it be another GT5/Forza 'simcade' game? It's for these reasons I'm going to wait for the free demo.

rF2 on the other hand is supposedly incredible in the physics, tyre model and FFB departement (miles ahead of pCARS) but still looks a little rough. I can't wait to give this game a try, just waiting on my new hard drive first.

been playin raceroom racing experience demo, its decent but why simbin aint focusing just on gtr3?
cant complain about games being free though.

been playin raceroom racing experience demo, its decent but why simbin aint focusing just on gtr3?
cant complain about games being free though.

I'll have to give this a try but I must admit, from what I've read it's not for me. Not a fan of the free to play model or online focus of the game.

Hopefully GTR3 is still in the works and RRE is just a side project. I would be gutted if the GTR series is no more, which is what some people are suggesting.

Re: C.A.R.S. - World of Mass Development / SMS

At the moment I'm addicted to Race 07/GTR Evo. Love the Simbin games so I can't wait for more GTR3 news.

Just got Race07 for £2.39 on steam :)

I used to play a lot of GTR/GT Legends when they were first released but then kind of drifted away from driving games. Dug out the old steering wheel and played Race07 last night and it is still a great game. Graphics are a little dated but still easily good enough. Physics still feel spot on.

Back
Top Bottom