Forza Motorsport 4

rFactor 2?

By the way, I can vouch for the Fanatec CSR. I've had it a month now and it's excellent.

Do you have the one above or the one CSR one, The elite looks and sounds insanely good and is supposed to be the best wheel on the market (thrustmaster must be gutted) but fuck me it's so expensive!

Do you have the one above or the one CSR one, The elite looks and sounds insanely good and is supposed to be the best wheel on the market (thrustmaster must be gutted) but fuck me it's so expensive!

I've got the standard CSR wheel, plus the CSR pedals and the Fanatec shifter set all attached to a Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe. I love it!

There's no way I could justify nor afford the cost of CSR Elite. The standard CSR is a pretty impressive piece of kit anyway.

I've got the standard CSR wheel, plus the CSR pedals and the Fanatec shifter set all attached to a Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe. I love it!

There's no way I could justify nor afford the cost of CSR Elite. The standard CSR is a pretty impressive piece of kit anyway.

Yeah i badly want the standard CSR and had the 360 not being close to the end of it's life cycle i'd of picked it up on release but sadly with a new machine on it's way and no guarantee it will work on it i just dont want to drop 400 bucks on it :CONF:

As soon as the next console is out though im buying the first Fanatec wheel available for it, i did have the Logitech Wheel for GT5 which i thought was stunning so it's going to be quite a jump whenever i do get round to buying another wheel.

rFactor 2?

No, not got a good enough PC for that, although I think I'm going to have to invest in a modest gaming set up. There are just not enough racing sims on the consoles for me. GTR3 looks like another very promising sim, and there was talk of a console version, but following the poor sales of Race Pro I doubt that will happen.

By the way, I can vouch for the Fanatec CSR. I've had it a month now and it's excellent.

And you call yourself a racing fan?

You should be playing games like iracing and rf2!!! they are night and day compared to forza/GT games

Anyways this year alone you will get to play rf2, pcars, GTR3 and Assetto Corsa only on the pc

Yeah i badly want the standard CSR and had the 360 not being close to the end of it's life cycle i'd of picked it up on release but sadly with a new machine on it's way and no guarantee it will work on it i just dont want to drop 400 bucks on it :CONF:

As soon as the next console is out though im buying the first Fanatec wheel available for it, i did have the Logitech Wheel for GT5 which i thought was stunning so it's going to be quite a jump whenever i do get round to buying another wheel.

I wouldn't worry too much about that personally. Thomas (the Guy who runs Fanatec) has said that if compatibility issues exist he will make sure owners of Fanatec gear are unaffected. The fact is Fanatec wheels support both the XID (360) and HID (PC and PS3) force feedback protocols. From what I understand it is highly unlikely that we'll be hit with a new type of force feedback mechanism on the next generation of machines. MS invested in XID and have an official relationship with Fanatec (via Forza Motorsport) so I just can't see the current wheel ranges becoming obsolete on the new consoles. It wouldn't make any sense for all concerned.

I wouldn't worry too much about that personally. Thomas (the Guy who runs Fanatec) has said that if compatibility issues exist he will make sure owners of Fanatec gear are unaffected. The fact is Fanatec wheels support both the XID (360) and HID (PC and PS3) force feedback protocols. From what I understand it is highly unlikely that we'll be hit with a new type of force feedback mechanism on the next generation of machines. MS invested in XID and have an official relationship with Fanatec (via Forza Motorsport) so I just can't see the current wheel ranges becoming obsolete on the new consoles. It wouldn't make any sense for all concerned.

i bet MS would use a new interface just to make u buy a new wheel from fanatic

How would MS gain from that?

Make u first buy a new official MS wheel for there new xbox and then make fanatic users upgrade and buy the new CR elite mk2 wheel where the only difference compared to the CR elite wheel out now is that it supports the new xbox and has a Forza 5 logo on it:CONFUSE:

Fanatic would love it themselves as they will force u lot to buy another wheel

Make u first buy a new official MS wheel for there new xbox and then make fanatic users upgrade and buy the new CR elite mk2 wheel where the only difference compared to the CR elite wheel out now is that it supports the new xbox and has a Forza 5 logo on it:CONFUSE:

Oh right.

That's complete nonsense. :CONFUSE:

- The cost of developing a whole new force feedback architecture is not worth it when their own XID system works well and is used by two manufacturers.

- The sim racing community on the 360 is fairly small, so there would be little gain in doing so for the NeXtBox (racing wheels are not much of a revenue stream).

- The sim racing community would most likely abandon the NeXtBox in favour of PC/PS3 racing rather than spend out on a new wheel.

- Fanatec would suffer greatly. This is not in their interest at all. Customers will resent buying a high-end set up that then becomes obsolete in a couple of years time and will avoid future products.

- Fanatec have stated that their wheels will be compatible with the NeXtBox, whatever happens.

That's complete nonsense. :CONFUSE:

- The cost of developing a whole new force feedback architecture is not worth it when their own XID system works well and is used by two manufacturers.

So? they already created a new XID system or whatever you call it on the 360 instead of using the one that PC has used that is still far superior then the one xbox 360 made so whats stopping them for doing it again?

- The sim racing community on the 360 is fairly small, so there would be little gain in doing so for the NeXtBox (racing wheels are not much of a revenue stream).

- The sim racing community would most likely abandon the NeXtBox in favour of PC/PS3 racing rather than spend out on a new wheel.

Most have abandoned the xbox 360 already as the system that cannot offer proper sim racing due to the fact that the highly popular logitech wheels dont work on it. Logitech wheels are much more popular and cheaper then fanatic wheels

- Fanatec would suffer greatly. This is not in their interest at all. Customers will resent buying a high-end set up that then becomes obsolete in a couple of years time and will avoid future products.

Business is business mate. Fanatic are here to make money and they wont make money if they make a wheel that is perfect without any flaws as they will struggle to sell newer wheels. Its just my opinion though and i wont be surprised if they make you buy a new wheel just for it to work on the new xbox

- Fanatec have stated that their wheels will be compatible with the NeXtBox, whatever happens.

Thats assuming the new xbox uses same XID thingy you mentioned. if not, it wont be. Its not a simple thing you can switch on and off via drivers. Why do you think the logitech wheels have never worked on the xbxo 360? because you cannot simply switch it on to make it work

highlighted in bold

Jonney your coming across as a crazed fanboy.

Logitech wheels are shit compared to their Fanatec counterparts, Fanatec products and the new wheel from Thrustmaster are in a different league now from the G25/G27.

Yeah but that wheel is the creme de le creme purely for the Hardcore, there is a number of wheels and pedals that are much cheaper and better than the Logitechs.

Re: Re: Forza Motorsport 4

Yeah but that wheel is the creme de le creme purely for the Hardcore, there is a number of wheels and pedals that are much cheaper and better than the Logitechs.

What wheels are cheaper and better the Logitech?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sorry i meant cheaper than the CSR Elite not Logitech, As the G27 has been out for 3 or 4 years now it is extremely cheap and at £179 there is no better wheel at that pricepoint.

The cost of developing a whole new force feedback architecture is not worth it when their own XID system works well and is used by two manufacturers.

So? they already created a new XID system or whatever you call it on the 360 instead of using the one that PC has used that is still far superior then the one xbox 360 made so whats stopping them for doing it again?

You obviously know nothing about XID and HID. XID is newer and a better system, and supported wheels must have a MS chip onboard which deals with most of the force feedback calculations, freeing up resources on the console itself.

The PC and PS3 uses the older HID system where the machine does all the calculations and sends it to the wheel via USB. A much older, hence better supported format, but not better. An example is how the FF in Forza is much more subtle and communicative compared to GT5.

If MS do change things, Fanatec have said that a workaround will be provided, either firmware or hardware.

Any Answer to this? Microsoft will only invest in something if it can make them a big return. A new wheel format would not.

Most have abandoned the xbox 360 already as the system that cannot offer proper sim racing due to the fact that the highly popular logitech wheels dont work on it. Logitech wheels are much more popular and cheaper then fanatic wheels

Nearly 2m units sold in the first 10 weeks suggests otherwise....

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/45656/forza-motorsport-4/

Also, what about Simbin's Race Pro, which is considered the best true racing sim on consoles? That was only released on the 360, they didn't bother with the PS3.

And Fanatec wheels can offer more of a simulation experience than a Logitech, and they can do it on 360, PS3 and PC too! And don't forget, many sim racers use a pad - I race with some that do.

Business is business mate. Fanatic are here to make money and they wont make money if they make a wheel that is perfect without any flaws as they will struggle to sell newer wheels. Its just my opinion though and i wont be surprised if they make you buy a new wheel just for it to work on the new xbox

Fanatec are doing well at the moment, and always have done because they continually offer new and innovative products (unlike Logitech). They don't rely on compatibility issues to sell new wheels, rather a reputation for high-end products for the sim crowd. Nobody would buy from them again if their shiny new CSR-E wheel becomes obsolete within two years.

Thats assuming the new xbox uses same XID thingy you mentioned. if not, it wont be. Its not a simple thing you can switch on and off via drivers. Why do you think the logitech wheels have never worked on the xbxo 360? because you cannot simply switch it on to make it work

As I've said a few times now.... if not, Fanatec will provide a solution.

Replies in red.

I thought Fanatec ones were awesome?! I've been looking at getting a proper racing wheel but mainly for xbox, but there are almost none available to buy. I googled the Fanatec one and it seems out of production or something. The official force feedback wheel has definitely gone out of production and people are charging a fortune for second hand ones, which leaves some crappy official MS ones that were released since then (like that wireless 'wheel' thing).

PS3 seems to have miles more wheels available but apart from GT5, which I personally don't like, there's not much I can think of that I don't already have for 360 :(

I thought Fanatec ones were awesome?! I've been looking at getting a proper racing wheel but mainly for xbox, but there are almost none available to buy. I googled the Fanatec one and it seems out of production or something. The official force feedback wheel has definitely gone out of production and people are charging a fortune for second hand ones, which leaves some crappy official MS ones that were released since then (like that wireless 'wheel' thing).

PS3 seems to have miles more wheels available but apart from GT5, which I personally don't like, there's not much I can think of that I don't already have for 360 :(

This is what you want...

http://fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=270

Also if you can afford the Clubsport pedals they are the best oe's to go for.

They are awesome LT, but pricey. I've got the CSR value pack which was 299 euros, but if you play a lot of racing games then it's worth it, which like any other hobby justifies the cost.

The CSR or GT2 wheels are compatible with the 360, PS3 and PC, which is another selling point.

Back
Top Bottom