PES 2011 Demo impressions

Played 2 games sofar. Me Barca vs Bayern cpu.
Its a big difference from previous pes games.
I found out a few things :

- i'm a sprintwhore (but hey, at least i'm no longer in denial)
- I cant pass in the right direction
- i cant shoot very well
- i suck at pes
- I LOVE IT

I'm having a hard time with this game. I keep making mistakes with aiming my passes. Its frustrating to see my winger go deep, and me passing the ball over the right sideline. I'm sure my winger doesn't like me anymore.
I really need to improve my aim.
Shooting is a bit strange right now. I did one shot with lots of power and it was very floaty. But i tapped a shot in the penalty area and it was really hard. Not sure if this is random, or if it depends on the player's position on the field. Maybe it had something to do with the direction of my body not being to the goal.

Anyway, i'm really struggling but loving it so far. I really need to play some more games before i even have a remote chance of winning.

Love it.

You are rewarded and punished for footballing reasons for the first time since PES5.

This.

I keep passing like it is PES 2010, ball goes to an opponent and then COUNTERATTACK!

Really, every goal I conceded I knew it was my fault.
The same goes for every goal I scored :)

Played 2 games sofar. Me Barca vs Bayern cpu.
Its a big difference from previous pes games.
I found out a few things :

- i'm a sprintwhore (but hey, at least i'm no longer in denial)
- I cant pass in the right direction
- i cant shoot very well
- i suck at pes
- I LOVE IT

I'm having a hard time with this game. I keep making mistakes with aiming my passes. Its frustrating to see my winger go deep, and me passing the ball over the right sideline. I'm sure my winger doesn't like me anymore.
I really need to improve my aim.
Shooting is a bit strange right now. I did one shot with lots of power and it was very floaty. But i tapped a shot in the penalty area and it was really hard. Not sure if this is random, or if it depends on the player's position on the field. Maybe it had something to do with the direction of my body not being to the goal.

Anyway, i'm really struggling but loving it so far. I really need to play some more games before i even have a remote chance of winning.

body balance and sprint while shhoting is more important for power in pes.....if u want accuracy u should not sprint while shooting.....but some times its random......

My thoughts?

Better than last year definitely and a step or two in the right direction. having said that its in no way shape and form a match for Fifa 11 which on full manual is like Fifa 08 sim like but with refinements.

I got frustrated playing pes, mainly with my players lack of off the ball movement. Also the ball does this weird thing where it starts off very fast from the passer then does a weird quick slow down, looks odd to me. The trick stick is better and the passing is better, again though it all feels a little stiff and on rails. For those banding on about Fifa being arcade football, well out of the two Pes is far superior in the Arcade stakes, only the lack of player movement stops it being a ping pong fest.

Ill probably get this as an aside to Fifa if i ever get bored but i doubt it.

I am getting sick of the demo already - i think the final game will be something i'll enjoy but because i dont know anything about the players im struggling to enjoy it. It feels so jittery and stop start and lack of any burst of pace or intelligance from team mates

That sounds like me on days 2 and 3 of the PSN+ demo. And that was after I'd had two weeks of love on the beta! The first two days were hellish on that too.

The runs are there. They just look very different to how they do on FIFA so you don't spot the signs for a while.

Certainly Both PES & Fifa have got the pace of the game right this year.. FIFA is definatley the easier of the two to pick up and play and will appeal more to tbe casual fans unless playing on manual of course..
Two completely different games tho which is nice because I can play 2 solid footie games this year as opposed to just 1 like the last few years!!

Is it possible to do any of the following in the demo - turn off the video between games, play games at day time and loose the player names above the players in-game

I am only on my second game, but cannot see these option yet

yes to the names. in the select sides screen you can turn it off or just "1" above the player.

No to the video. I just restart the demo.

The game is in the day if you pick bayern as home team

Is it possible to do any of the following in the demo - turn off the video between games, play games at day time and loose the player names above the players in-game

I am only on my second game, but cannot see these option yet

to lose the player names go in player settings,then press square to bring up the option to change the cursor type over the players head

The demo is fantastic.

The ability to change the game speed is also a massive plus. This appeals to both players who like to play at a faster speed and those that like to play at a realistic pace.

I've just played a few matches and tbh i'm loving the fact that i'm rubbish. This is what PES is about, its like a completely different game and it will take long to master.

to lose the player names go in player settings,then press square to bring up the option to change the cursor type over the players head

Thanks

First impressions are that its a different game, which seems weird after the same game has been released for a few years.

I like that you can hit long balls into space better, but my shorter passing is a bit rubbish at the minute.

Is it just me or do the shots have more zip and power if you used the D-Pad rather than the analog for direction?

It was frustrating shooting with the analog, unless you're shooting from inside the penalty box, the shots tend to be floaty and lacked the dip and swerve PES usually has. A total different story using the D-Pad for shooting, easier to thump the ball for me.

I managed to adapt to the new passing system very quickly, the L2 modifier does wonders, I just don't like that we can't manually control goalie passes as well, not total freedom in my book.

I love the new collisions and tackling animations, they look awesome on replays.

It began frustrating at first, but the game is definitely growing on me. :)

My thoughts?

Better than last year definitely and a step or two in the right direction. having said that its in no way shape and form a match for Fifa 11 which on full manual is like Fifa 08 sim like but with refinements.

I got frustrated playing pes, mainly with my players lack of off the ball movement. Also the ball does this weird thing where it starts off very fast from the passer then does a weird quick slow down, looks odd to me. The trick stick is better and the passing is better, again though it all feels a little stiff and on rails. For those banding on about Fifa being arcade football, well out of the two Pes is far superior in the Arcade stakes, only the lack of player movement stops it being a ping pong fest.

but many of us here belive that pes 2011 is better than fifa ...so we will play pes 2011 if we get bored we may play boring fifa for 10 min then come back to pes again,,,,

finaly a perfect soccer game, a mix between fifa and pes. harder to score goals, the breaktrough passes are amazing, very realistic,the game speed option is perfect, now we can choose the speed we like more.
the tactic menu is very good, very realistic. the players movement are also realistic. the shoot i think they could be better, some shoots are not very realistic but major part are. now we need the full game.

My thoughts?

u say pes is more arcade than fifa..its just ur opinion.....meaning of arcade id doing same things again and again for getting a goal,,,,,thats fifa....fifa is 10 times more arcade......in fifa use counter attack use L1 + traingle.....all the time u will win...i have played some tennis matches with fifa...and playing with ai is best way to get sleeppy......this is just our opinion..so dont worry lol....

can anybody help me to skip the video on the final of the game?

On the PC it can be done by turning off 'Video playback' in the settings program or renaming/deleting the pes11pv1.sfd found in the img folder. The former is only applicable on the PC but I believe the second solution can be used on the consoles if the you can gain access to the IMG folder.

Last edited:
Thanks

First impressions are that its a different game, which seems weird after the same game has been released for a few years.

I like that you can hit long balls into space better, but my shorter passing is a bit rubbish at the minute.

Same here. Long diagonal balls into space are much better this time.
But the standard short ground passing gives me a lot of trouble at this moment. On the other hand, when you do get a few passes right, it gives you a great feeling.

Shooting feels very floaty at this moment.

Have you checked your controller is charged, or if it takes batteries, have you tried changing them. Exactly the same thing happened to me when using a Logitec pad. Only the D-Pad worked. Changed the batteries and it worked fine.

Apologies if it's something different. Just thought it was worth a mention.

Nah my controller was fine as the sticks worked fine when i had the ball, just not when they had it....

yep, i'm going through exact same as you in this moment, if u try move or hold run when opposition have the ball, they do some slow jittery move, as you mentioned. kinda ruining the experiance for me of playing this :RANT:

I have since found out that it was because i adjusted the game speed from the pause menu. No idea why but anything other than 0 and i get this issue. As soon as i set it back to 0 everything worked a charm :))

Back
Top Bottom