PES 2013 - RadeonPro Settings for smooth gameplay

defade

League 2
21 December 2008
Liverpool
I recently reinstalled RadeonPro and found a new setting which has fixed an age old issue of mine with the PES series. My game seems to be smoother than ever and I thought I would share my settings.

The issue I mentioned above was the problem of downclocking caused by extremely low GPU usage of this game which (possibly) was causing stutters, delay when the screen wipe happened between replays and such, and most importantly was annoying the hell out of me. This can be avoided with the setting below:

od.jpg

My other settings are:
advanced.jpg

tweaks.jpg

visual.jpg

If you arne't familiar with the RadeonPro program you can read about it here:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373303
Or download it here:
http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I'm going to have a look at my Radeonpro settings.

I've been getting stutters every 5 seconds or so - the game basically hangs for a fraction of a second in rhythmical pattern. Strangely this only happens when my overclock settings are applied. When I use default clock speeds the game runs as smooth as butter.

I'm running a 7950 by the way.

Seems to work. I checked force high priority, disable aero and use highest clocks - and it was silky smooth. That's with my overclock running as well.

Radeonpro is a fantastic tool for AMD users.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to have a look at my Radeonpro settings.

I've been getting stutters every 5 seconds or so - the game basically hangs for a fraction of a second in rhythmical pattern. Strangely this only happens when my overclock settings are applied. When I use default clock speeds the game runs as smooth as butter.

I'm running a 7950 by the way.

It might be because your GPU is overheating maybe? Make sure to also turn on the "Speed Fan".

It might be because your GPU is overheating maybe? Make sure to also turn on the "Speed Fan".

No, it's not getting anywhere near overheating, even in very demanding games. Temps are quite low when running PES. I'm running my overclock using stock voltage anyway so there shouldn't be any heat issues. I also run a custom fan profile which is a little more aggressive than the default one.

Whatever the issue was, Radeonpro has solved it.

Hi, could I use these setting when playing PES6? (With the Phoenix Patch installed) As I'm getting lagging, stuttering and odd frame rates with playing "lofted" balls. I'm running Windows8 @ 1920x1080 and a Radeon 7850 1GB GFX Card. Thanks : )

EDIT: I keep getting the same error when running Radeon Pro: "Can't start application. Verify if you have sufficient permissions to access the file (The requested operation requires elevation)"

I have tried re-installing the program and I have tried booting into Windows 8 Admin account, but to no avail. Any ideas?

EDIT: I have also just tried to run the program in "Compatibility Mode" and ticked the "Run As Administrator" box, but no luck, either : (

Last edited:
Hi, could I use these setting when playing PES6? (With the Phoenix Patch installed) As I'm getting lagging, stuttering and odd frame rates with playing "lofted" balls. I'm running Windows8 @ 1920x1080 and a Radeon 7850 1GB GFX Card. Thanks : )

EDIT: I keep getting the same error when running Radeon Pro: "Can't start application. Verify if you have sufficient permissions to access the file (The requested operation requires elevation)"

I have tried re-installing the program and I have tried booting into Windows 8 Admin account, but to no avail. Any ideas?

EDIT: I have also just tried to run the program in "Compatibility Mode" and ticked the "Run As Administrator" box, but no luck, either : (

I would check that you have everything set up correctly for your PES6 profile - look under the "launcher" and "triggers" tabs in RadeonPro.

For example, with PES2013 I'm using Jenkey's PESJP patch so in the launcher tab I have launcher set to 'custom' and launcher details executable as 'PESJP 2013 Launcher.exe'. If Phoenix patch doesn't have a launcher then ignore this.

Then in the triggers tab you need to 'add alias' and select the .exe file that PES6 uses. As it's patched there may be more than one so add the correct one or just add them all.

Apologies if you have already done all this and know what you're doing with RadeonPro.

I recently reinstalled RadeonPro and found a new setting which has fixed an age old issue of mine with the PES series. My game seems to be smoother than ever and I thought I would share my settings.

The issue I mentioned above was the problem of downclocking caused by extremely low GPU usage of this game which (possibly) was causing stutters, delay when the screen wipe happened between replays and such, and most importantly was annoying the hell out of me. This can be avoided with the setting below:

od.jpg

This appears to be the cause of my micro-stutters after some experimentation. Checking the box "always use highest performance clocks while gaming" seems to result in nice, smooth gameplay.

Using Radeonpro's OSD to monitor my GPU, I was able to keep an eye on my core and memory clocks while playing a match. Without the above setting enabled, my card's clocks were all over the place. At some points during a match the core was down-clocking to idle (300MHz), other times the core was at 500MHz or 880MHz. Rarely was the core at the 1140MHz I've got my card overclocked at. This constant variation is most likely causing the stutters.

My 7950 is a boost card which may make the problem worse.

To conclude, I'm not sure if the other settings contribute to solving the problem of stutters. The issue is down to PES being so undemanding that the GPU doesn't know what speed to run at. At times during a game, my GPU usage was only at 4% and mostly only around 10-20%.

It's all about tricking the GPU into thinking PES is a demanding game so that the card runs at full speed.

Last edited:

Just to clarify - are you getting this message when you run Radeonpro itself or when you try to launch a game from within Radeonpro?

Once the profile it set up there's no need to launch the game from Radeonpro's menu. Just load the game as usual from your shortcut and Radeonpro will detect it as long as it's running.

Just to clarify - are you getting this message when you run Radeonpro itself or when you try to launch a game from within Radeonpro?

Once the profile it set up there's no need to launch the game from Radeonpro's menu. Just load the game as usual from your shortcut and Radeonpro will detect it as long as it's running.

I get this message when I try and run the game from within Radeon Pro. It comes up when I click on the link to "boot" the game.

Thanks for the heads up about booting the game normally. Should I default all of my CCC and Riva Tuner/3D3 Overrider settings, as well (Just in case they conflict......)

Sorry to double post, but I thought it easier to understand my findings in a new post, rather than tacking them onto another one.

I tried for over two hours to get PES6 (with the Phoenix Patch) working without the stuttering and v-sync problems.

When I tried to boot PES6 through Radeon Pro/CCC/3D3overider, the tearing and slowdown still remains. The only way I can get the tearing to go, is to run the game in Compatibility mode.

However, if I run the game in CM, Radeon Pro won't run (I get the "Can't start application" error) and then stutters like mad.

I just don't know what to do. I feel like re-installing Windows 7 (As I'm running 8 atm) and trying that. I really want to play PES6 again (As it's my fav footy game eva!)

I'm trying to run PES2013 on High detail at 2560x1080 resolution with a Sandy Bridge i5, Radeon 6870 1GB with 4GB of RAM. Do I need to upgrade my graphics card? I'm getting the rhythmic stutters that Jamezinho mentioned with and without RadeonPro.

I'm trying to run PES2013 on High detail at 2560x1080 resolution with a Sandy Bridge i5, Radeon 6870 1GB with 4GB of RAM. Do I need to upgrade my graphics card? I'm getting the rhythmic stutters that Jamezinho mentioned with and without RadeonPro.

I'm running at 1920x1080 with the same card and I get no stutters. This card should be huge overkill for PES even at your res.

Back
Top Bottom