[Pc] PES 2015 input lag

Re: [Pc] PES 2015 input lag Solution 100%!!!

Just blame Konami for the shitty port we got for PC. If there wasn't a strong community like this to help each other out, PES 2015 would go in ruins. They have to listen to us and give attention to PC users.

This. Actually we r not even getting enough credit. I read about the vsync issues in this very forum, then reported your findings in wehellas.gr . Floki, the unresting soul he is, frustrated with PES15 issues, actually put our words to the test and found complete proof of the cause of the issue and provided a fix.

Things like these are what made PES what it is today, not konami, but the community's and modders work.

The ultimate experience (if you can get it to run smoothly on your system) is to play in Windowed mode, with Aero, and Vsync Off. Then use a frame limiter of say 120 to actually throttle back CPU/GPU utilization (prevents overworking the CPU/GPU which leads to stutter).
Thanks for the explanation. I know windowed mode can often yield better results but wasn't exactly sure why.

someone could do a vid with input lag in training mode?
i have no idea what youre talking about :(

Ι actually intend to, the moment I get my final setup fixed. With vysnc in practice mode you can notice the super responsiveness, but in game its different. With sync off however, you can clearly notice much better reponsivness in menus as well.

I have to find a setup for my nvidia card, cause the hundreds frames cause stuttering and tearing

I don't think there are perfects settings for reducing input lag.

For example, windowed mode with aero on gives me more delay than fullscreen.

My game is damn smooth and reactive with those (running HD6950) :

- DirectInput
- V-Sync off, triple buffering on
- Yair patch
- Flip to queue size set on 1

And the only way I found to avoid tearing and sttuters is just letting frames float over 300...

Last edited:

i have found a best perform for my system, i hope help some ppl whit input lag and stuttering
i dont know if work whit nvidia, i have amd HD7970 OC

i have installed Radeon Pro and D3DOverrider DX11 v2.0.1(if you have setting some in catalyst,delete all)

in radeon PRO:

Visual Tab:
Vertical Sync Control ---> Always Off
Advance Tab:
need check if Force Triple Buffer (openGL) is tick
Tweak Tab:
VSync Control -->Always OFF
Tick Trible Buffering
and tick Lock Frame rate up to monitor Refresh rate

in d3d
add pes2015.exe from list,select pes exe and force triple buffering and vsync whit application detect High

for me woork very good, some time i have small stutterig ,but is good for me now

Not going to lie but I don't have any sort of input lag issue. 60 fps, smooth as butter. Maybe it's more a Radeon thing.

Just set the Nvidia Control Panel to default, and everything is good to go.

PES 2015 by default set the V-Sync to ON. From my experience that's yield the best result, since forcing them OFF / Adaptive in Nvidia CP would make the game stutters. That's always the case since PES 2008 days. Maybe that's why they have removed the option to turn VSYNC on / off since last year edition.

Core 2 Quad E8300 2.50 Ghz
8 GB DDR 2 RAM
2 GB Geforce GTX 750Ti

Not even a decent rig by 2014 standard.

INPUT LAG IS A DIFFERENT THING FROM FRAMERATE LAG-SCREEN STUTTER!

input lag = the delay between the command from joystic and the command in the game
framerate lag = a not smooth frame succession, the framerate seems choppy

Not going to lie but I don't have any sort of input lag issue. 60 fps, smooth as butter. Maybe it's more a Radeon thing.

Just set the Nvidia Control Panel to default, and everything is good to go.

PES 2015 by default set the V-Sync to ON. From my experience that's yield the best result, since forcing them OFF / Adaptive in Nvidia CP would make the game stutters. That's always the case since PES 2008 days. Maybe that's why they have removed the option to turn VSYNC on / off since last year edition.

Core 2 Quad E8300 2.50 Ghz
8 GB DDR 2 RAM
2 GB Geforce GTX 750Ti

Not even a decent rig by 2014 standard.

go to practice>dribbling, and dribble ur player around. Then go and start an exhibition match. Repeat over for about 3-4 times till u can taste the bitterness in your mouth, then come join us in our testing and find a good setup

INPUT LAG IS A DIFFERENT THING FROM FRAMERATE LAG-SCREEN STUTTER!

input lag = the delay between the command from joystic and the command in the game
framerate lag = a not smooth frame succession, the framerate seems choppy

Already knew that. Just throwing some FPS info in the mix since VSYNC and input latency are correlate, consequently it could affect the frame rate at the same time. Also wanted to point out if my over the hill rig could run the game on solid frame rate with nearly zero latency, then to me the issue is pretty specific to certain system.

i have found a best perform for my system, i hope help some ppl whit input lag and stuttering
i dont know if work whit nvidia, i have amd HD7970 OC

i have installed Radeon Pro and D3DOverrider DX11 v2.0.1(if you have setting some in catalyst,delete all)

in radeon PRO:

Visual Tab:
Vertical Sync Control ---> Always Off
Advance Tab:
Tweak Tab:
Tick Trible Buffering

in d3d
add pes2015.exe from list,select pes exe and force triple buffering and vsync whit application detect High

for me woork very good, some time i have small stutterig ,but is good for me now

in d3d vsync and triple buffering enable or disable?

I use this setting with my Geforce GTX 570 and my Samsung Syncmaster (monitor).

The problem is to really measure the difference. I try to say what i feel and what i definitly see:

I definitly see:
No stuttering, even with vsync off.
No input lag in menus

I feel:
"Better" input lag at the game
Overall for sure the best solution so far

I thought I'd give this a try so went into Nvidia Inspector and forced vsync off, enabled triple buffering and set a frame rate limit of 120fps, then ran full screen windowed mode with the Windowed Borderless Gaming utility.

My OSD is reporting a solid 60fps during gameplay - is this right? It should be 120 so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong.

Also how do you get direct input with a 360 controller and is it worth doing?

I use this setting with my Geforce GTX 570 and my Samsung Syncmaster (monitor).

The problem is to really measure the difference. I try to say what i feel and what i definitly see:

I definitly see:
No stuttering, even with vsync off.
No input lag in menus

I feel:
"Better" input lag at the game
Overall for sure the best solution so far

Hey guys. Glad to report that:

Full screen mode, vsync on, triple buffering on, fps limit to 58, POWER management mode maximum performance
and pre-rendered maximum frames to 1 or 2, does the trick for me. Would love more nvidia people to test that out.

Im talking 60 fps locked, silky smooth gameplay with 0 input lag, tried practice mode and in game. If more people can confirm, I will actually make a vid of it.

key tweaks are vsync, pre-rend frames and fps limit to 58

Last edited:

Hey guys. Glad to report that:

Full screen mode, vsync on, triple buffering on, fps limit to 58, POWER management mode maximum performance
and pre-rendered maximum frames to 1 or 2, does the trick for me. Would love more nvidia people to test that out.

Im talking 60 fps locked, silky smooth gameplay with 0 input lag, tried practice mode and in game. If more people can confirm, I will actually make a vid of it.

key tweaks are vsync, pre-rend frames and fps limit to 58

Just a question. Wich program do you use to lock the fps to 58? Or is that in nvidia somewhere?

Hey guys, I've been following this discussion, I was gutted when I bought PES 2015 on Steam just to see that it suffers the input lag caused by Vsync like it did in PES 2014.

I've been trying a different combo of settings in Nvidia inspector but I find it is the most responsive just by forcing Vsync off with the rest set to global and limiting the frames to about 120 (I've found limiting to 58 to still cause some input delay.)

We need to get to the bottom of this I can't stand screen tearing/stutter while input lag is the very bane of my gaming existence, it's so unfair we should be treated like this I actually have contacted Konami about a refund because the game is frankly broken.

P.S. To the guy above, the application is called Nvidia inspector, it allows you to play with more settings than offered in the Nvidia control panel.

Hey guys, I've been following this discussion, I was gutted when I bought PES 2015 on Steam just to see that it suffers the input lag caused by Vsync like it did in PES 2014.

I've been trying a different combo of settings in Nvidia inspector but I find it is the most responsive just by forcing Vsync off with the rest set to global and limiting the frames to about 120 (I've found limiting to 58 to still cause some input delay.)

We need to get to the bottom of this I can't stand screen tearing/stutter while input lag is the very bane of my gaming existence, it's so unfair we should be treated like this I actually have contacted Konami about a refund because the game is frankly broken.

P.S. To the guy above, the application is called Nvidia inspector, it allows you to play with more settings than offered in the Nvidia control panel.

Ah, thanks mate! Been fiddling around with it a bit now, and tried different settings. I remember in dark souls on pc, you had to edit some config file to be able to use more than 60hz in the game. Maybe this is the case with pes? My monitor can deal with 144hz. Maybe I need to tweak that in some cfg in the pes directory?

By definition Vsync should automatically sync to the monitor refresh rate, I'd recommend downloading a program called fraps so that you can see the FPS counter while in game, and if needed Nvidia inspector if you plan on disabling Vsync at all while setting a frame limiter, if you turn Vsync off without a frame limiter your card will draw as many frames as it can making it work extra hard and producing more heat in the process.

Alright.

Hz on monitor: 144

Prefered Hz in nvidia settings: Highest available

Fps locked to: 142

Vsync smooth AFR behavior: Off

Vsync tear control: standard

Vsync: Force On

Triple Buffering: On

Pre-rendered frames: 1

So it's basically no input lag now, but some small stuttering instead. My PC isnt the best, but it runs fifa 15 on high without any problems. Ofc, pes 2015 is horribly optimized, and I always have had this problem with every pes game, so I guess I have to try every possible setting.

in d3d vsync and triple buffering enable or disable?

all enable at high detect

-----------------

now i added downsampling 1440p whit gedosato whit some filter in radeon pro, and now is wonderfull

my setting v2.0 :D
in radeon PRO:

Visual Tab:

AA 4x
AA Filter Multisampling
AA Mode Multi-sample
tessellation AMD Optimizzed
Vertical Sync Control Always Off
Advance Tab:
i added texture quality at High
and mipmap quality at High
Tweak Tab:
Tick Triple Buffering

added sweetfx whit PS4 FX (Juice Edition)setting

in d3d
add pes2015.exe from list,select pes exe and activate force triple buffering and vsync whit application detect High

i have 250/150 fps whit no input issue and a very very small stuttering

Yes, you need to have a windows aero theme, because you need the DWM compositor to be turned on.

I play on window mode and i have stable 60fps this means v sync is on? aero is on but fps only 60.

Alright.

Hz on monitor: 144

Prefered Hz in nvidia settings: Highest available

Fps locked to: 142

Vsync smooth AFR behavior: Off

Vsync tear control: standard

Vsync: Force On

Triple Buffering: On

Pre-rendered frames: 1

So it's basically no input lag now, but some small stuttering instead. My PC isnt the best, but it runs fifa 15 on high without any problems. Ofc, pes 2015 is horribly optimized, and I always have had this problem with every pes game, so I guess I have to try every possible setting.

right click on windows, and go to nvidia panel hz monitor settings. Check available HZ below 120(probably 120hz exactly), because nvidia inspector doesnt support more than 120HZ. You shouldnt notice any difference at all with lower hz. So your monitor now should work @ 120hz instead of its default 144.

Now open nvidia inspector, with your settings and just add the fps limit to 118 or 120 hz and try those new settings. This should totally fix ur stuttering. Report back plz.

Anyone notice any positive or negative change when putting pre-rendered frames to 1?

Also how do you get direct input with a 360 controller and is it worth doing?

Open the settings.exe in your PES2015 install folder and tick DirectInput in the controller tab. This tweak made the gameplay great for me whereas before on XInput it was like a worse PES2014. I've also set dynamic v-sync in RadeonPro and I have zero stuttering/input-lag and rock-solid 60fps. I'm currently playing on a TV at the moment but I'm going to test on my 120Hz monitor tomorrow to see if it stays smooth.

Anyone notice any positive or negative change when putting pre-rendered frames to 1?

for me either turning pre-red to 1 or 2, or just limiting fps to 58 in inspector did the trick, but just to be safe I put fps limit+ the pre-rend. 0 input lag.

for me either turning pre-red to 1 or 2, or just limiting fps to 58 in inspector did the trick, but just to be safe I put fps limit+ the pre-rend. 0 input lag.

Yep, I notice much more less delay with pre-rendered set to 1 especially when I am defending 1v1. Thanks for the find!

Its at 60hz

Not such if playing around with pre rendered frames would help

vsync off means no input lag for me but lots of screen tearing :(

tried limitting to 60fps but there is still significant screen tearing

To everyone still complaining, try v-sync off and triple buffer on, and use direct input instead of x input. If that doesn't help then I don't know what does :P

Back
Top Bottom