WE9LE - Custom resolution?

R

Rob92

How do you use a custom resolution in WE9LE? The highest the settings.exe will allow me is 1280x1024 and in I've tried editing the settings in kitserver's kload.cfg but it doesn't take effect in the game. I'm trying to set it to 1920x1080.

I presume it would be the same way as you would for PES5/6 but nothing I try is working, any help appreciated.

kitserver kload.cfg is the right way. Make sure the dxtools.dll is enabled, and also remember that it works only for fullscreen mode, not window.

Thanks for your help :).

I think I had already done that and I am running the game in fullscreen mode but the game is still running in a lower resolution - here is what my kload.cfg file looks like;

Code:
# Loader configuration file

debug = 1
gdb.dir = ".\"

DLL.num = 9
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
#DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv-shpal.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\bootserv.dll"
DLL.8 = "kitserver\clock.dll"
#DLL.10 = "kitserver\bzip2.dll"
#DLL.11 = "kitserver\libarchive2.dll"
#DLL.12 = "kitserver\libcurl.dll"
#DLL.13 = "kitserver\network.dll"
#DLL.15 = "kitserver\afs2fs.dll"
#DLL.9 = "kitserver\speeder.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
dx.fullscreen.height = 1080

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I had done that, all the kits, stadiums etc are working - not a silly question though, easy enough to miss! :P

are you sure it's not working? reason i'm asking is because, the menus will not really look much different on high resolution, but during the match play it will be noticeable.

EDIT: although, it will be very clear in the kit selection screen, if you are using kitserver kits: they will be very sharp and detailed in a high resolution mode.

if you are sure, then couple things:
1. can you post the log file?
2. there's another trick, which sometimes works: in settings.exe, set your game to 640x480 and "Window", then once the game starts, press Alt-Enter. That should switch it to fullscreen mode, and hopefully the resolution will be correct this time.

Last edited:
I'm sure - whenever my monitor is not outputting in 1920x1080 a pop-up appears to say it's not at optimal resolution, and this appears when I start the game.
Also, if I take a screenshot in-game then they are in whatever size is set in settings.exe, not 1920x1080 and generally it just doesn't look right - the ball isn't round etc.

I just tried setting the game to 640x480 and using Alt+Enter and although it went full-screen, it just stretched the original resolution.

Log file;
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wn9n2

kload.cfg;
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cuzv1q

Again, thanks for trying to help. :)

Can one of you upload WE9LE settings.exe? Mine seems to be acting up since I installed a patch.

juce, not sure if you'll read this or when but is it possible to make the stadium selections stick for the home teams like in pes6? I know it's an old game but a lot of people like me are playing it still. You know Christmas is coming and it would be a great gift :)

Back
Top Bottom