[Pc] PES 2015 input lag

Re: [Pc] PES 2015 input lag Solution 100%!!!

I have been looking at multiple settings to get rid of input lag. Is there like one settings which will sum it up and have the best overall experience or is it based on hardware the user have?

The main source of the problem comes from Vsync, by forcing Vsync off you can see zero input lag but this results in screen tearing and stuttering.

So it's a quest of the best settings to allow for as little input lag as possible while having the benefits of Vsync in which no tearing/stuttering occurs.

The best settings that have been found so far are to force Vsync ON, while setting a Frame limiter to 58fps this minimizes the stuttering while also removing a fair bit of input lag, it is not 100% gone like you feel when Vsync is completely off but it is at an enjoyable level which suffices for now.

Others have contributed that as well as the frame limiter they may be seeing further results from setting Max pre-rendered frames to: 1, setting Triple buffering to: ON, setting Power management mode to: Prefer maximum performance and also setting Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration to: Single display performance

This can all be done from Nvidia Inspector (Assuming you are using a Nvidia card).

The key settings are 58fps limiter with Vsync on, the rest can be considered subjective settings which some people may have seen improvements with. Some people have suggested downloading and using D3Doverrider claiming it can help though some of us have experienced that it is not actually helping (proven.)

In summary; to get absolutely input lag free gameplay is to simply force off Vsync entirely, but then we have the stuttering which is not very enjoyable, so the common goal here is to test and share different settings and results looking for a sweet spot we can use.

Frame Limiter - 58 fps

Max pre-rendered frames - 1

Multi-display/mixed-GPU accelration - Single display performance mode

Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance

Vertical Sync - Force on

I believe these are currently the best compromise of settings to use for a good response time (still not 100%) and minimal tearing/stuttering. I have concluded that D3Doverrider is not worth using as it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Just some advice for measuring the input lag - the way I do it is by entering Replay from the pause-menu while in a match and using the left-stick (panning camera) to determine how responsive it feels. With zero input lag (with Vsync forced completely off) it should feel instantaneous in it's movement.

I'd like to point out something I mentioned earlier in the thread. With the above settings, if you play a match say, in the Konami Stadium or another large arena, and then try playing in one of the smaller stadiums, I seem to be recognizing an improvement in input lag in the smaller stadiums, I don't know if it's my imagination or not.

Guys window mode fix input lag or not finally?
Yes, bro
thanks to all contributors to this thread.

I previously thought I had got it to play as smooth as possible but it just didnt seem 100% right. So messed about once more and think ive nailed it for my setup finally.

GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 2gb
Monitor: 1280x1200 (16:10) @ 59.8hz

1.I clean installed 344.75 drivers.
2. Set up a custom resolution to match my screen i.e. 59.8hz

The only Nvidia Inspector settings I have are all default except:

Max pre-rendered frames = 1
Preferred refresh rate = Highest Available
Vertical Sync Tear Control = Adaptive
Vertical Sync = Application controlled
Multi Display = Single Display Performance
Power Management = Prefer maximum performance

And with the above I find the game ultra smooth, and no input lag (ok maybe not 100% fixed, but good enough for me) as I can now actually dribble nimbly, do quick turns, and most importantly switch players at ease so defending and intercepting the ball has become more responsive and enjoyable.
Still input lag
You don't understand input-lag :WORSHIP:

I wish there was a tool to profile the delay time in millieseconds so we can test various different settings and see the one which is best factually and not by feelings.

We shouldn't have to be dealing with this after purchasing the game. Once again konami have sold a pc version that has input lag, Pc buyers should ask for their money back then maybe konami would listen.

Im using a gtx 550ti drivers are months out of date it says i have 2gb ram but i have 4 and i have no problems 1080p no stutter nothing have vsync on my computer is yonders old so must be a problem with hardware on your computers end id say.

Well, i am an ATI user (R9 270X)
As soon as i get home (i ve been away for a week) i will test the following

1.3dm's exe
2.yair΄s exe
3.New beta drivers
4.Some radeon pro settings (flip queue 0,1,2, vsync on , fps limit 58)
5.Ιmmortal΄s exe

If nothing of these work, then ATI users could lay down an cry a lot.
Feel free to test them for yourself, and give feedback

Maybe we could contact Nvidia.. i heard from a lot of people with ati cards that the new drivers fixed it.

Im using a gtx 550ti drivers are months out of date it says i have 2gb ram but i have 4 and i have no problems 1080p no stutter nothing have vsync on my computer is yonders old so must be a problem with hardware on your computers end id say.

Open nvidia panel
force vsync off, apply
enter game full screen mode
enjoy lagless gaming
join the discussion

Yes, bro

Still input lag
You don't understand input-lag :WORSHIP:

Whatever man, I just posted what settings work best for me...and I definitely had input lag before as I did the freekick training dead ball test and it was not responsive, now it is very responsive. I may still have input lag but something has definitely caused an improvement, maybe the new drivers, maybe its the settings, I don't know but its much more responsive now. Main thing, I can enjoy the game now :D

Sorry if this has been mentioned but when I make changes using Nvidia inspector do I have to reboot for changes to have an effect and do I have to select pes2015 settings as well as pes2015.exe?

Hey Guys i just wanna Help those who have Problems (ATI) with some stuttring lag ! the solution is instead of installing the amd catalyst 14.9 ! intall the AMD Catalyst 14.11 Beta ! it worked Fiiiine For me ! im sry for my bad english :))

Hey Guys i just wanna Help those who have Problems (ATI) with some stuttring lag ! the solution is instead of installing the amd catalyst 14.9 ! intall the AMD Catalyst 14.11 Beta ! it worked Fiiiine For me ! im sry for my bad english :))

Exacly dude! for me it works too!

Just sharing my experience to the community:

AMD HD6950

Today I installed Catalyst 14.11.beta2
Using Radeon Pro. trying to avoid input lag.

Vsync Always off is still the best way to get the best responsivess, but with fps around 100-200 ingame, stuttering appears.
Always off + frame rate control to 60 = no stuttering, no input lag, but little bit of tearing.
Vsync Dynamic = no stuttering, no tearing, but a little bit of input lag.
Vsync on or Driver Default = no stuttering, no tearing, high input lag.

so for me the best way was always to disable Vsync, because of the input lag. For now I can live with the slightly noticable tearing.
In Advance I always used sweetfx + some tweaks in Radeon Pro.

btw: I saw no difference between Catalyst 14.9 and 14.11 and the mentioned settings.

Just sharing my experience to the community:

AMD HD6950

Today I installed Catalyst 14.11.beta2
Using Radeon Pro. trying to avoid input lag.

Vsync Always off is still the best way to get the best responsivess, but with fps around 100-200 ingame, stuttering appears.
Always off + frame rate control to 60 = no stuttering, no input lag, but little bit of tearing.
Vsync Dynamic = no stuttering, no tearing, but a little bit of input lag.
Vsync on or Driver Default = no stuttering, no tearing, high input lag.

so for me the best way was always to disable Vsync, because of the input lag. For now I can live with the slightly noticable tearing.
In Advance I always used sweetfx + some tweaks in Radeon Pro.

btw: I saw no difference between Catalyst 14.9 and 14.11 and the mentioned settings.

What monitor are you using? 60hz? 120hz? 144hz? If my monitor is 144hz, should I lock the fps to 144 then?

New ati beta drivers don't help at all, still testing and waiting for optimal 100 % solution

Just go to Windowed mode if you don't want to see tearing.

window mode is ok with borderless gaming prog but what about input lag here ? Is windowed mode eliminates or not ? As I know windowed mode automatically vsync enabled because MS's embedded v-sync.

Change the name of the thread please, it's misleading.

I'm starting to wonder if pes 2015 even supports refresh rates at 144hz? I'm using 144hz on my monitor and adaptive v-sync and refresh rate at highest available. It's still not smooth even though I've got 144 constant fps? It's like the games engine runs the game in 60, and that's the reason why it's stuttering (even with fps constant at 144). I'm not dropping any frames, but it has to be the shitty engine in pes. Obviously my PC has no problem to run this game, but nothing makes any sense. Every other game is silky smooth with my refresh rate.

OK guys. I've tried million of setups. And found one which works for me.
I know my settings don't make much sense, but somehow it suits for me and the game is smooth and quite responsive (hope it's not placebo, especially after I've tried after all those settings)
So here we go.

- borderless window mode

Basic nvidiainspector settings:
-max pre-rendered frmes - 3d application settings (in my case 1 doesn't make much difference, if it makes at all)
-prefered refreshrate - highest available
-vertical sync tear control - adaptive
-single display performance mode
-power management - prefer maximum
-threaded optimization - on
-dynamic tilling (scroll down, it's in OTHER section)- on

And now the strangest thing: I read somewhere that you should raise settings like antialiasing etc. My are:
-texture filtering - high quality
-antialiasing line gamma - on
-antialiasing mode - enhance
-antialiasing setting - 4x multisampling
-anisotropic filtering mode - user defined/off
-anisotropic filtering setting - 16x

I repeat, I know these settings don't make sense at all, but it would be nice if someone could check it and tell us how it feels and plays. Oh, one more thing - my PC definetely isn't the best one, so of course you can raise your antialiasing etc. higher than me.

So now I'm waiting for response :)

Back
Top Bottom