PES 2011 Demo impressions

For Some reason the 360 demo doesnt work properly for me:(

Whenever the opposition have the ball my players just freeze on the spot and dont move unless i use the d-pad. But whenever i have possession i can use the sticks no problem. Its really annoying as i have to change from sticks to d-pad depending on who has the ball and as i result ruins the whole game.

Any one else experienced this?

yep, i'm going through exact same as you in this moment, if u try move or hold run when opposition have the ball, they do some slow jittery move, as you mentioned. kinda ruining the experiance for me of playing this :RANT:

Have you noticed the keeper encouraging players upfield when he's got the ball in his hands too? There's something else like that I noticed yesterday but can't remember at the mo.

Also, short corners are awesome due to the AI of the corner taker - he moves back to an on-side position and that allows you to play it back to him for him to then whip a cross in.

lovely.

What about players looking over their shoulder as a pass comes in, or pointing to tell team mates to mark up when defending?

Also, something I haven't seen mentioned even during MLO talk is when players sometimes run up alongside the ball and then take a touch in the desired direction, rather than just running at the ball and then having to Take the first sprinting touch in the direction he's moving. Not worked out how to do this on demand but along with auto passing when the CPU intercepts the ball/tackles a man it was something I was seriously impressed with.

I'm not necessarily referring to the most recent posts but:

Any chance this "impressions" thread can contain, you know, impressions and other stuff be discussed in other places?

I am getting sick of the demo already - i think the final game will be something i'll enjoy but because i dont know anything about the players im struggling to enjoy it. It feels so jittery and stop start and lack of any burst of pace or intelligance from team mates

What about players looking over their shoulder as a pass comes in, or pointing to tell team mates to mark up when defending?

Also, something I haven't seen mentioned even during MLO talk is when players sometimes run up alongside the ball and then take a touch in the desired direction, rather than just running at the ball and then having to Take the first sprinting touch in the direction he's moving. Not worked out how to do this on demand but along with auto passing when the CPU intercepts the ball/tackles a man it was something I was seriously impressed with.

yeah, good shouts!

I am getting sick of the demo already - i think the final game will be something i'll enjoy but because i dont know anything about the players im struggling to enjoy it. It feels so jittery and stop start and lack of any burst of pace or intelligance from team mates

I'm finding Bayern are the best team to stick with - lots of individuality - go with an automatically managed offensive starting line up - lots of fun.

Yes I've noticed all that as well :D Also, how bout a player ducking when a shot is going his way? that is just impressive.

Right, having intensively played the FIFA 11 demo today I can safely say for the first time since 2006 I prefer PES' offline single-player experience by quite some distance. In PES, the AI plays a much better game of football, there's more variation and the opponent can actually score goals against you, in the FIFA demo I've only conceded one goal in fifteen games.

Please, please let the online be good this year:PRAY:

Right, having intensively played the FIFA 11 demo today I can safely say for the first time since 2006 I prefer PES' offline single-player experience by quite some distance. In PES, the AI plays a much better game of football, there's more variation and the opponent can actually score goals against you, in the FIFA demo I've only conceded one goal in fifteen games.

Please, please let the online be good this year:PRAY:

online has to be good...because of MLO.....if its not good all the good work on MLo will be wasted........i cant freaking wait for MLO........

What can I say that hasn't been said? Playing this game feels like slipping on your favorite pair of shoes, I felt the same nostalgic satisfaction that I haven't felt since I was a 17-year-old on PES5. Played as Internacional against Chivas on Professional, lost 1-0 with limited chances, but I could only create them with D'Alessandro pulling the strings in midfield. Everything I did went through him, which is what you'd expect of second/third tier teams with one special/creative player. Compare that with Barca (0-0 with Bayern) where I could string passes and create far more easily with practically the whole team.

What more can I say. The king is back!

The PES/WE 2011 demo has so far met my expectations after the low point of 2009/2010. Passing feels more real and it's now much harder to shoot without having 2 or 3 defenders closing down on you. Every win that I got was much more enjoyable even though there was no Superstar mode yet, especially the win against Spain using Japan. Really hope that there will be more Asian teams in the coming editions of PES/WE to come.

online has to be good...because of MLO.....if its not good all the good work on MLo will be wasted........i cant freaking wait for MLO........

It should be a better version of the demo we have here. it should be great! I can't see any reasons for it not being great :LOL: Can't really think of any exploits which will hurt it, but it's bridge that we will most likely have to cross :COOL:

PES 2011 INITIAL DEMO IMPRESSIONS

I have just finished playing 3 games of the PES 2011 demo. All of my matches were against the CPU on Professional difficulty.

The first match I was Barcelona against Bayern Munich and I lost 4-3. The second match I was SC Internacional against Chivas and I lost 1-0 and finally the third match I was Bayern Munich and I won 2-1 against Barcelona.

I have played the MLO Beta extensively and this demo is a clear step up from the MLO Beta code. I was impressed to see that many of the bugs we had addressed have gone but not all of them. Player runs are more intelligent when off the ball. Player response feels sharper and the shooting is much better but I think thats due to me playing with better teams now. However L1 change player is still a bit annoying.

I really love the shooting. It just feels great. I managed to score a beauty with Sergio Busquets from outside of the box with the outside of his foot and it curled and dipped into the bottom corner.

Player individuality is more pronounced in the demo. Messi is extremely dangerous and has fantastic close control but he isnt unstoppable. A well timed tackle will dispossess him. Robben as you would expect is a great dribbler.

Stamina can be seen without having to go into the options. It did seem to have an adverse effect in my Copa Libertadores match. My tired players were pushed off the ball easily and shots and passes were misplaced and hit.

Referees are much more strict than in the beta or PES 2010. Had many yellow cards in my first match due to late challenges.

Computer AI is quite impressive. They play really well by building up play and counter attacking at the right times.

Goalkeepers are definitely better than the MLO beta but they still make some silly mistakes. Victor Valdes rushed out off his line and let in a soft goal into his near post.

I havent had time to try out the new defensive system too much or the tricks so I will look into it a bit later.

The graphics seem better than in the MLO code and the replay function is fantastic. My complaint about the camera not keeping up with the action is now gone. The camera moves quicker than in the beta. All my matches were in wide cam.

The audio is improved also. There is no commentary in the demo obviously but the crowd are far more vocal. You can hear new chants and they boo really loudly when certain challenges are made or when the away team score.

Whats really annoying is that once the match is finished and you want to go back to the menu, the Gamescom trailer is played each and every time. Its so long and you cant skip it! I have to quit the game and start it again. Also team rosters arent up to date but its just a demo and they will be fixed for retail release.

Overall im very impressed. Its a clear step up from the MLO Beta and I keep getting that one more game feeling. For me its already the best PES this gen and a definite buy for any football fan. :)

hey if ur playing using pc ...then trailler problem is simple ,,,go to setting.exe and dis able video play back prob solved....but in ps3 i dont have any idea.....

Sheeeeeez I started downloading the 360 demo at 2:30.....it's now 6pm an it is 36% complete:RANT:

One of the reasons why downloads will not take over physical media unless you have a 200 meg fibre optic cable:FAIL:

player switching needs refining slightly IMO

if they have a player on the wing i haven't been able to switch to the guy in the box that i want to twice in 3 games

Love it.

You are rewarded and punished for footballing reasons for the first time since PES5.

hey can some 1 tell me how to find i did the right tactics like wing play or long ball....i cant see any icons in the game........

omg ..i was playing chivas vs international,,,,i was struggling create chances til 80 th min i did a cross with riverio and it went directly in.....it looked damn real....just loving this game......

i think chiva vs international is much more intresting than barca vvs bayern......dont know why....in the demo...
I'm not sure if it's my eyes, my TV or just the game, but I think that Chivas and Internacional's kits clash - I have to focus to tell the difference... I can't be concentrating on dribbling and see a teammate out of the corner of my eye and play a pass to them.

That's the reason I usually play as Bayern :(.

I'm not sure if it's my eyes, my TV or just the game, but I think that Chivas and Internacional's kits clash - I have to really focus to tell the difference...

That's the reason I usually play as Bayern.

Yeah they clash..but you can change it!

Even the alternate kits aren't great though, bit of a poor team selection there I thought.

Back
Top Bottom